Prayers please **UPDATE ON MOM AND BABY** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How absolutely wonderful to hear mama is feeling a lot better and she and baby are doing good! I'm so very happy they are ok.
#122 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

i'm so glad that they are doing well. i was thinking about the nursing relationship; i was so happy to read an update about that.
#123 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 04:43 PM

So glad to hear an update and that their nursing relationship is going well. I SO hope her records haven't been altered!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#124 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
In my case, I had to sue and because I did, the CNM who raped me lost her Midwifery license and will never be in the position to hurt another laboring woman. I tried a complaint...nothing happened. I wasn't able to get her stopped and get the DA to listen to me until the lawsuit was filed. Then, all of a sudden, the licensing board, District atty and the hospital started taking me seriously.
Well, I guess it works, then. I was just worried about making things worse for future UCers. However, you did what you had to do to get that midwife stopped, Kudos!
#125 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjh75 View Post
UPDATE ON MOM AND BABY:
I talked with mom last night, and she's doing great!! She's up and around and feeling tired, but good. Breastfeeding is going perfectly. Of all the crappy things that happened in the hospital, she at least got a decent LC. She's gone to get her records, probably today, and she will start action soon.

It turns out there were two things that occurred simultaneously when the doc put traction on the cord. 1) the uterus was inverted, which was not in itself life-threatening, 2) the placenta was yanked out, which caused significant bleeding. They took her to OR because the doctor who pulled the uterus out high-tailed it out of the room, and they took her to OR for general anesthesia. She was not, however, cut open (thank God). They just pushed her uterus back in there. She later received two units of blood to cover what was lost in the placenta removal. She's in some pain, but is moving around well, and there doesn't seem to be any major future implications re her uterus.

SS did interview her and make sure she was not "neglectful" but soon left when they saw the healthy, happy family. The family is coping well and trying to get back to regular life.

Thanks again for all the prayers and love sent her way.

Emily
Emily this is exactly what happened to me. I think that there is some very poor training regarding the 2rd stage of birth. No chance she is in Wyoming is there???? My Aunt was my Dr and had no intentions of killing me but it was a very real possibility. Tell her that she can have more babies successfully no matter what they tell her! I was told that I should not do so. I had a wonderful UC in 2005 and another to come in a few months! I really hate dr's some times!
#126 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 07:56 PM

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well for baby & mama! Thanks for the update
#127 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
DBZ

I'm glad to hear that mom and baby are doing well. I still can't get over what they did to this poor mom.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#128 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Ohh my word. I am so sorry for your friend. Sending prayers up for her right now. What a nut that person was. Anyone with any knowledge knows you aren't supposed to PULL the placenta out.
#129 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 PM

Thank you so much for updating! I'm so overjoyed and relieved that things worked out! Will keep sending healing energies... to the family and precious baby!
#130 of 138 Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM

Pleased to hear that Mom and babe are home and doing well.
#131 of 138 Old 04-04-2008, 04:52 PM

Glad to hear she's doing well!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#132 of 138 Old 04-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
oh God. sue, sue, sue not because it will make it up to her or her baby, but to get that doctor's hands off of any more women- that is horrifying.

I don't even know what to say. I wish I was more shocked than I am, but after the birth rape stories I've read, ESPECIALLY from women who are transferred....
Yikes! Is birth rate that common? It just seems to me like pregnant women need bodyguards nowadays. You know what, I think I'll just UC. I'm not going to the hospital unless I have cord prolapse or a baby that's not breathing.
#133 of 138 Old 04-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunch2k8 View Post
Yikes! Is birth rate that common? It just seems to me like pregnant women need bodyguards nowadays. You know what, I think I'll just UC. I'm not going to the hospital unless I have cord prolapse or a baby that's not breathing.

I think it's more common than anyone knows...most woman just accept it as a normal part of childbirth...and I think punishment for an attempted HB is VERY common.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#134 of 138 Old 04-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
I think it's more common than anyone knows...most woman just accept it as a normal part of childbirth...and I think punishment for an attempted HB is VERY common.
because every doctor knows best, and would never do something bad, and theyre the expert, theyre supposed to be allowed free access to do anything they want to your body! :Puke:
#135 of 138 Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilguysmommy View Post
because every doctor knows best, and would never do something bad, and theyre the expert, theyre supposed to be allowed free access to do anything they want to your body! :Puke:
I'll raise your :Puke: to :Puke: :Puke:

Too many doctors abuse the trust people have in them. It's so sad. One of my co-workers said the doctor told her her hips were to small and that she needed a c-section. She trusted them, and it's very likely she had a c-section she didn't need. I just felt so bad for her-she seemed quite hurt that the docs told her she couldn't have a vaginal birth. I told her to get a 2nd opinion b/c that most likely was not the case. It's such a shame.
#136 of 138 Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM

I am so glad the mama and baby are doing well, and my prayers of peace and healing go to them as they work through this trauma. It's making me cry to sit here reading over this thread. I think the family would be in the right to sue

It's horrifying to think that these things happen, with doctors and with midwives. I pray this stops happening, and that women and families are able to be empowered to stop this. Or to UC...

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#137 of 138 Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I can say that too...I've had 2 hospital births, a birth center birth, and a home birth. Its amazing how mean they get when you werent at the hospital...like the nurses saying loudly *see, this is what happens when you dont birth at a hospital, its her own fault,* shoving TEN cytotec pills up your butt when you're screaming no, refusing water over and over, etc. Shoot, the OB even said that they thought I had a piece of placenta stuck in there and I would "most likely have to have a hystorectomy." Talk about trying to scare a woman...

I actually thought about suing the hospital I was at but I just wanted to forget about it. That probably sounds bad but I think the fact that the baby was already out and fine (and never at the hospital) I felt like ok, sucked for me, but the baby didnt have to go through anything. We did however, go in front of the hospital board, after I wrote a lengthy letter of complaint, and from what I've been told, they have changed quite a bit. ALL docs and nurses had to attend a meeting where they were told off and told to knock that crap off. So at least I did something

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#138 of 138 Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Has Mama thought about taking the doc to court for assault???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page