Prayers please **UPDATE ON MOM AND BABY** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am saddened today to tell about a friend who UCed this weekend and was traumatized in a hospital transfer as "punishment" for her choice to UC. I won't post the details just yet, as I haven't got permission from her to do so. But I will if she wishes for me to.

In the meantime, please direct your prayers for her, or whatever spiritual force/belief you subscribe to. She is recovering at home from surgery and will be dealing with CPS as well. Thanks.

Emily
#2 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM

Wow, that is terrible! for her, I hope everything works out well for her and her babe.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 PM

I hope her baby is alright.
#4 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanElizabeth View Post
I hope her baby is alright.
Baby is fine, thank goodness. They did their damage after baby had already come out.

Emily
#5 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjh75 View Post
Baby is fine, thank goodness. They did their damage after baby had already come out.

Emily
Thanks for answering. When you didn't mention the baby in your original post I got scared.
#6 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM

i'll keep her in my thoughts...
#7 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 PM

I'll keep them in my prayers
#8 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 PM

Oh, the poor family. Like anyone needs that crap after a surgery. for them. Do keep us updated if you can.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#9 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 PM

Poor mama I hope she is gonna be allright.
#10 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

I have her permission to post her story. It is not pretty. Please continue to keep her and family in your prayers.

HER STORY:
I had contractions all day Thursday. They were fairly intense, but never very long. In fact, I didn’t get any contractions longer than about 30 seconds until the pushing phase. My in-laws came for a visit, so I wasn’t in a very good space. I realized fairly quickly that she was definitely posterior, because I felt the contractions almost exclusively in my back--I didn’t feel anything like this in my other labors. Thursday evening things really started to get serious. I had to moan to get through them--those deep “cow” noises from my diaphram really helped a lot. I could feel the vibrations all the way down and it toned down the intensity. Between contractions though, I felt great. I watched Ghost Hunters with my husband, and we laughed and talked in between. I was so excited! I walked, swayed, leaned over the birth ball, took hot showers, ate, drank, and did whatever I wanted, when I wanted. It was so nice. Around 2 am Friday morning, I knew I was in transition, because I began to doubt my ability to see it through to the end. J was great--he was right there telling me he knew I could do it, and it was almost over. Shortly after, my water broke. It wasn’t audible, but I felt a definite “pop.” It actually made me smile, because I had arom with my other two. I looked down and noticed the water was fairly green. So she has some meconium, no big deal. Shortly thereafter I had an overwhelming urge to push. So I pushed. I pushed on my hands and knees, standing, sqatting, hanging from around J’s neck. This went on for hours. I could feel her up against my pelvic bone. I held on to some built in shelving and had J press down on my thighs, and I could feel her move…but not far enough. I knew instinctively that she was alright, and that if I had one more pair of hands, she would move and be out quickly. Unfortunately we don’t know anyone, at least anyone we feel comfortable enough with to invite to our birth, so at around 7:30 am, we decide to call EMS, figuring that would give us the extra set of hands. That was probably the single most stupidest thing we’ve ever done in our lives. How naïve I was to believe they would do what I asked then I could send them away. The EMTs were four young guys who were pretty freaked out by a woman in labor. All they could say was, “are you crowning?” over and over. Both of us try to explain what it was we needed and all they could say is, “breathe, are you crowning? We have to get you on this gurney.” Finally I gave in and went. Second most stupidest thing I’ve ever done. When we get to the hospital, there was no doctor there, only nurses. I refused to get on the bed, and asked the nurse to please just put their hands on my thighs as I hung off the side of the bed to help me get this baby past my pelvic bone. She actually did! One good push with a set of hands on both of my thighs was all it took--I felt baby push right past! A doctor runs in--she’s not the on call doc, the on-call doc is on her way--she’s there for a scheduled elective c-section at 8 am. This doctor yells for me to stop pushing and get on the bed. I tell her no, and she yells for the EMT guys who are still in the hallway to help get me on the bed. I give in rather than be manhandled. Another contraction hits and I push, and of course, baby’s crowning. She (doc) yells at me to stop, grabs that nasty betadine stuff and starts scrubbing me, then literally throws a cup of mineral oil over my crotch. My husband and kids walk in then, just as L’s head pops out. One more good push, and there’s her body. I start to say, “give her to me,” doc yells, “THICK MEC,” and cuts the cord before I can even finish saying it. They had her off, and I demand for her not to be suctioned. Believe it or not, they listened. However, at this point, doc grabs the cord and starts yanking, and says that the placenta is having a hard time detaching, and I need to push. I give a tiny test push, and know it’s not coming, so I tell her NO! STOP PULLING! STOP! STOP! STOP! I’m screaming by this point, because she’s pulling with all of her might. I grab my belly where I can still feel it attached and beg her to stop, telling her it’s attached, STOP STOP STOP! My husband is saying the same thing…then it comes out. She tries to pull it away, but I scream at her again. She then says “Your placenta looks odd. You may have had a collapsed fibroid come out with it.” At this point, I’m getting tunnel vision, and a ringing in my ears, and say that I’m gonna pass out. You guessed it, this bitch has pulled out my entire uterus. The on-call doc walks in, takes a look at all the blood pooled in everyones hands, and at the “collapsed fibroid” the other doc has in her hands, and freaks out. From here on out, everything is very spotty. I remember a nurse bringing my baby over and telling me I needed to kiss her now, and people saying, “stay with me,” and “screw it, this is gonna hurt” right as they shove a tube down my throat. I remember the blinding pain as they keep hitting walls trying to run to the OR. I remember that stupid doc not holding my uterus close enough to my body as they’re trying to get me to the OR and how much that hurt. I don’t remember anything else until I wake up in recovery. With 4 doctors and a half a dozen nurses, They managed to get my uterus back in, and heavily dose with Pit and Cytotec, as well as two other uterine contracting drugs. I lost 3 L of blood. When the doctor who did this crap to me, she came in with the attitude that she’d saved my life. Two other doctors came in and told me they didn’t understand why I’d lost so *little* blood and bled so slowly. I’m thinking, thank God for the alfalfa supplements, and thank you C, for posting all the info on it--that’s what got me to take it. My blood count kept trending down for the next couple of days, and I got two units transfused yesterday. I was released this morning. The hospital stay was horrible. I explained over and over again that I got the blood tests and an ultrasound with my GP, but I didn’t like my OB, so I never saw a reason to go. I explained I took my blood pressure, weight and measurements. I was still treated like a criminal. A lady from Social Services came by. They kept asking me about alcohol and drug use, as well as domestic violence. They did all this stuff to my baby, because I was so irresponsible as to not get “adequate” prenatal care.

I have cried myself to sleep every night for being such a failure. I think, “oh my god, I didn’t try to push while sitting on the toiled, I didn’t try while in a semi-reclined position…what if, what if, what if!” If I were to ever get pregnant again, I wouldn’t change a thing. I would still UP, and I would still UC. I just don’t know how to get over my failed uc.

I also don’t know where to start. I can’t let that woman do to anyone else what she did to me. State Licensing Board, ACOG, AMA? I don’t know--but she CAN’T get away with it…
#11 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM

Prayers being sent!!!!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#12 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 PM

OMG I feel sick, that is despicable, wrong so very wrong. This mama is incredibly brave. I wanna cry. I'm gonna cry. That doc has got to be made to realise what she has done, she should not be allowed to do that. She should be struck off. How can they get away with this? Poor mama You are so not a failure, get better sooner, you are so brave, heal mama. I hope you and baby gonna be ok. I hope you are gonna be ok.
#13 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Oh sweet Lord, that poor woman! :

Wishing her well...wish I could help in some way. How terrible, I can't imagine!

to her!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#14 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 PM

I frequent here because I think the women here are incredible, even if I myself couldnt do it! This is the most tragic thing I have ever heard. Why would that women pull? I am not a sue happy person, but I definatly believe this is something that a lawsuit is a good thing for, to prevent things like this happening again!

Erika, wife to geek.gif and Mommy to twins.gif born in 05, coolshine.gif born in 06, biggrinbounce.gif born in 08! Ive had 8 miscarriagesmecry.gif and am praying.gif for a sticky bean in December 2012! I homeschool.gifsaynovax.gifwinner.jpg and hope for a hbac.gif!

#15 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM

My heart is breaking for that poor momma. peace to her.
#16 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 PM

omg i cant even imagine. please please do all you can to get this woman out of OB work.

oh, and i would be contacting an attorney ASAP
#17 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM

What the hell?!?! Any halfway decent doctor should know not to pull on the placenta/cord, especially so soon after birthing. She PULLED HER UTERUS OUT! Hell yes, she should sue the pants off that doctor. UC or hospital-planned, doesn't matter -- that's just insanely incompetent. Poor mama!!!
#18 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM

I will definately pray for her and her family.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#19 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 PM

That made my stomach turn. Literally.

Poor mama. She'll surely be in my thoughts, along with the rest of her family.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#20 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM

OMG! This poor, poor Mama!

I seriously hope that she gets some legal advice once she feels up to it.
#21 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM

oh God. sue, sue, sue not because it will make it up to her or her baby, but to get that doctor's hands off of any more women- that is horrifying.

I don't even know what to say. I wish I was more shocked than I am, but after the birth rape stories I've read, ESPECIALLY from women who are transferred....

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#22 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 PM

OMG. She is in my prayers. I really hope she can find a lawyer when she is feeling up to it and sue the crap outta that doctor. Wow.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#23 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
What the hell?!?! Any halfway decent doctor should know not to pull on the placenta/cord, especially so soon after birthing. She PULLED HER UTERUS OUT! Hell yes, she should sue the pants off that doctor. UC or hospital-planned, doesn't matter -- that's just insanely incompetent. Poor mama!!!

:

She got to be stopped. Violence against womens bodies has got to stop.
#24 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 PM

Oh.my.f'ing.goodness.

I have no words.
Prayers for that poor woman. I am literally sitting here with my mouth open. In what universe does that make sense?

I am so sorry that this happened to that mama!
#25 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM

OMG how horrible. My prayers are with this family. Now is a time for healing, physically & emotionally.
#26 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 PM

OMG!!! I don't want to believe this could actually happen...but it does...all the time.

On the practical side, this woman needs to get her records YESTERDAY before they can change things. They tried it with my records, but we had already gotten copies...it's what saved my suit. She needs to get them now then call a lawyer and skip the whole complaint process.

This goes beyond disrespect and punishment...this goes beyond rape and malpractice...this was CRIMINAL!

{{{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers for mama and babe!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#27 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 PM

I will be thinking of her and her family. Sending her all the healing prayers I can muster.
#28 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 PM

OMG. I have never read something so horrid. I am not a litigious person, but that OB had better be stopped. I hope this poor mama can find strength after all that to go forward with a lawsuit against that OB. I will keep the family in my thoughts. I cannot believe such things actually are happening today. OMG. That's all I can say...

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun
#29 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 11:23 PM

s I'm pretty speechless...

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#30 of 138 Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 PM

my heart breaks for her! thank goodness the baby is okay. Prayers out to her!!!

Alicia~

please keep us posted on the action that is taken with that "doctor"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page