Pregnant Mamas in April Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paphia View Post
I'm in labor. 37 weeks today. Looks like I won't get to give birth in my new house but we'll go to a hotel today instead so I have privacy and a bathroom. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!
ELV coming your way!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mamaterra~ View Post
Can I join you ladies over here?

This is my 5th pregnancy within a year, so please keep your fingers crossed for a HHN.

Please add me to the list for December.

Wishing you a healthy, peaceful 9 months of gestating a healthy happy baby!

I noticed I wasn't on the roll call. I'm not doing UP, but I am planning a UC of some sort. I'm 26 weeks & due mid-July.

Gentle labor vibes to all that need them!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm here, plugging along at 16 weeks. Still nauseous, exhausted, cranky, etc. It's as if I'm still in my first trimester. I'm about to start my RRL regimen (bought some from bulkherbstore.com). Heard the heartbeat, nice and strong at 132 bpm. I had a vivid boy dream the other night, so I'm convinced that it's a boy. I had girl dreams with my girls, so... we shall see!

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
Old 04-05-2008, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

ELV to paphia!

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobyfeeder View Post
I'm here, plugging along at 16 weeks. Still nauseous, exhausted, cranky, etc. It's as if I'm still in my first trimester. I'm about to start my RRL regimen (bought some from bulkherbstore.com). Heard the heartbeat, nice and strong at 132 bpm. I had a vivid boy dream the other night, so I'm convinced that it's a boy. I had girl dreams with my girls, so... we shall see!

I dreamed I was having a boy too...I was wrong. Hope yours is right!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-06-2008, 02:08 AM

35 weeks and doing great, actually. I was sooo sore in the second trimester, but also was still working a lot then, doing hours of massage every day and was giving too much. The last couple of months have been great though, and I've learned alot about how to use the new bod.

The most I have to report right now is that the pregnancy hormones got the most of me and I got a puppy two weeks ago.: Not actually the fault of pregnancy hormones, there were good reasons we got the puppy, but he sure is benefiting from the hormones. He's been worn around in my sling and we've been bonding like crazy. He's kept me laughing which is good for the baby, I think, and he's definitely given me more mobility and energy, just by necessity.

5 weeks until EDD, and that seems close and far away both. I'm still just waiting. Good vibes to all of you! It was exciting seeing all of our handles together in one place!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:12 AM

To all the mamas just at the finish line s and I can't wait to get uncomfortable and grouchy....if I could, I would give you the day off from the discomfort

So, I started the heparin shots today...wow just 35 more weeks of being black and blue. Man, I am there with bells on, I tell you what!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:48 PM

Well - 41 weeks.

I think I am probably going to go in today. Last night my temps. started getting really weird. (Being too low rather than high.) I had a check with a MW early this AM and her heart tones are normal. I am checking my temp every half hour now and if it doesn't go up and STAY up over the course of the next few hours it'll be time to go. There's a reason it's low and that needs to be adressed. My philosophy has been to keep going as long as I feel good and right and right now I feel like my body has done all it can for her, does that make sense? But I do need to make arrangements for the big kids, obviously, so it won't be before this afternoon. It's time, it really is. I bought her an extra 2 weeks in there & I don't regret that for a second but now it's time for her to come out and join us.

Will update when I know more or have an announcement.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Marie, you really are amazing You're in my thoughts/prayers.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Well - 41 weeks.
There's a reason it's low and that needs to be addressed.
After talking with the midwife, did she mention that low temp can be a sign of infection?

Take good care of yourself and the baby.

: Dewi
Old 04-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
It's time, it really is. I bought her an extra 2 weeks in there & I don't regret that for a second but now it's time for her to come out and join us.

Wishing you a beautiful gentle birth! And, a happy healthy mom & baby!!!! oooh! This is exciting! You'll meet your baby soon!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:08 PM

Oooh, my internet dies for a day and all the excitement happens!!!

Sending lots of love and prayers to Marie and all the other laboring or soon-to-be-laboring moms.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 04-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Thanks!

Heading out now...

By the way, most recent temp. (5 min. ago) was 98.2 - so that's good news.

But I don't feel well, I feel weak and shaky this AM. Even if labor started now I wouldn't begin to have the energy for it.

Ok, DH is waiting, will update when I get back. Hopefully with her...I'll actually be irritated at this point if I DO get sent home...

Old 04-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Oh yeah and also meant to get input last night.

I don't know what contractions really feel like... just pitocin ones... but last night I thought I was having some (at, uh, 26.5 weeks). It was like extreme stomach pain and I felt like I was going to throw up... I couldn't really tell if my uterus was getting harder or not, but the TOP of my stomach, just under my ribs, was pretty hard. And hurt. Horribly. Like, throwing up horribly except I didn't hurl.

I drank a full glass of water and they stopped, though, enough that I was able to sorta-sleep for a few hours.

I still feel nauseous... Something I ate (Wendy's, and didn't get a lot of water yesterday), or contractions???

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 04-06-2008, 02:56 PM

I'll be thinking of you Marie!

sunnymw, maybe a combo of not enough water and indigestion? I don't eat fast food generally and the few times I do I either break out w/ acne or feel all wonky.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
Oh yeah and also meant to get input last night.

I don't know what contractions really feel like... just pitocin ones... but last night I thought I was having some (at, uh, 26.5 weeks). It was like extreme stomach pain and I felt like I was going to throw up... I couldn't really tell if my uterus was getting harder or not, but the TOP of my stomach, just under my ribs, was pretty hard. And hurt. Horribly. Like, throwing up horribly except I didn't hurl.

I drank a full glass of water and they stopped, though, enough that I was able to sorta-sleep for a few hours.

I still feel nauseous... Something I ate (Wendy's, and didn't get a lot of water yesterday), or contractions???

Sorry to butt in, just wanted to tell you that the exact same thing happened to me when I was pregnant and it ended up being the stomach flu. Not fun. Hope you feel better soon!

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 PM

Thinking about you and your sweet babe, Marie.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:52 PM

Thanks I went to a buffet after church today and had some *real* food, and a big tall glass of water. Feeling much better, although still a little off.

FWIW, it would be my first time, ever, in my life, having the flu. Weird... since I've never had a flu shot... lol!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

i'm so excited for marie. it's just been so amazing and empowering to watch her process, and i'm looking forward to any updates that she brings back.

just amazing!

---

nothing exciting here. i mean, you know, happy, normal, pleasurable, fun pregnancy.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Marie I hope you & baby are doing well.

I'm home from the hotel. Everything went really smoothly. Isaac Louis was born 4/05/08 at 7:30 p.m. Weighed 6 lbs (37 weeks), 18.5 inches. Placenta took forever to come out - finally at about 2 in the morning. I got to catch him myself! I'll post a birth story when I get the chance.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
Old 04-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Caution! Huge Rant!

Well, the first part is pretty good at least.

I have had a crazy busy week. On Tuesday I went out to feed my two pregnant goats and to my surprise I found six goats instead of two. They had BOTH had their babies early that morning without showing any signs of labor the night before. All of the babies were cold and none were nursing or even able to stand at that point. Winter has decided to last a little longer and it was 26 F that morning.

Anyways, there were actually five babies but one was obviously stillborn. I worked all morning to milk the mamas for the first time and warm the babies and bottle feed the babies. At 34 weeks pregnant this is more exhausting then it should have been. I didn't think one would make it but he finally perked up (after a little taste of coffee) and began nursing that evening. WHEW!

That night I made my bed in the barn and fed them every two hours and woke up constantly to make sure everyone was warm enough. The next night I did the same thing.

Now, five days later they are all very healthy and happy and beautiful and fun. I only have to wake up once during the night to feed them I told my hubby this is just a little taste of what a human baby will be like.

Okay, now for the bad part.

Yesterday I had a wonderful, beautiful baby shower. Instead of going home afterwards I decided to stay and chat with my sisters and brother. My hubby took his mother to our house and said he would pick me up later.

Well, it didn't take to long for my two sisters, my sister's sister in law, my brother and his wife to ALL start in on my about my birthing choice. EVERYTHING was negative. They didn't have a single good thing to say. They tried to hide their negativity behind the "I am only saying this because I love you" line but it came through. Everyone of them had a horror story to tell.

They are worried because I don't have a midwife. Well, there are NONE in my county and none willing to travel to me. I have looked. So, they support my home birth as long as I have a midwife. So in other words they don't support it because I can't get a midwife.

I imagine you have all heard it all. I had five people who matter to me trying to push their fears onto me. Everything was so negative. Voices were raised and finally I went to the guest room to be by myself and cry. There was no lock on the door. One by one they came in to press their case. I didn't want them to talk to me or to touch me.

Finally they left for dinner, after trying to convince me that they wouldn't talk about it any more. What? They just want me to forget the attack? They expect me to stop crying all the sudden and just enjoy their company? Luckily my husband had returned to town to grab dinner with his mother so I didn't have to wait long for him to come pick me up.

He is so supporting and loving and I don't know what I would do without him. My mother is also supporting.

My sister in law had invited herself to my birth (she is a nurse) but I told my mother she can uninvite her. I don't need that negativity and fear near me when I am giving birth. She talked about helping me though labor and supporting me though labor, as if she didn't believe I would be birthing at home, just laboring. BLAH!

Warned you it was a rant! They ruined an awesome, fun, loving baby shower.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Congrats paphia!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

awesome paphia! congratulations!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned

hugs, bird.

it sucks. people are trying to force you from your position to theirs. that is not loving in any way.

if they loved you, they'd deal with their own fears themselves, and they'd respect that you're a thoughtful, intellegent, and capable woman able to make and assert your own decision.

i told my parents this, and they finally realized that i was right. (i had to repeat it about 8-9 times).
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm home from the hotel. Everything went really smoothly. Isaac Louis was born 4/05/08 at 7:30 p.m. Weighed 6 lbs (37 weeks), 18.5 inches. Placenta took forever to come out - finally at about 2 in the morning. I got to catch him myself! I'll post a birth story when I get the chance.
CONGRATS!!!!!! Glad everything went smoothly, can't wait to read the story
Old 04-06-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huminbird View Post
They are worried because I don't have a midwife.
I completely understand. The only thing I can say is don't let others negativity bring you down. Trust in yourself!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:

Congratulations!! How awesome! You're officially the first person I have "known" to actually go to a hotel and have a baby
Old 04-06-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huminbird View Post

Warned you it was a rant! They ruined an awesome, fun, loving baby shower.
I'm so sorry they picked a day of celebration to be the opportune time to heap their fears onto you in the hopes that you would "come to your senses". My grandma that I love and adore did something similar to me once, inviting me to dinner (and she's a great cook!) and then sitting me down to have a "talk" about my plans for the birth (I was preg with ds3 at the time). I was so shocked (she herself was born at home and lived to tell the tale) that I don't remember how I mumbled and stumbled through it. Then my dad (who lives with my grandma) took me aside afterwards and tried the same thing. He was easier to talk to though, and he gives me a lot of credit for being thoughtful and smart about things, so he said "ok, if that's what you want to do". It's hard enough to work through our own fears and what not, let alone having everyone else around us pile on negativity.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Congratulations paphia!

huminbird, I'm sorry your family ganged up on you like that. Just try to push out all the negativity they heaped on you and remember why you are choosing to birth this way. Definitely don't let your SIL anywhere near you while you're in labor/birthing.

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM

rmzbm,

Hoping all went well with your birth. Anxiously awaiting an update.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

User Tag List