Pregnant Mamas in April Support Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 105 Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Huminbird,

So sorry for the negativity you are having to put up with. I know how it can go. I have also had others self-invite to my births. My Mom is still that way and just does not get it. She is not necessarily negative, but wants to take over (she is a nurse) and do it "the right way".

I have not even told her the EDD this time around. Just August. (My EDD is July 24). So I am hoping to have the baby before she even knows it is due, and will not have time to push into it. Last birth she actually lived with us, so it was not that easy to put her off. As it was she found out the last minute and wrecklessly drove home with my other children because she "had" to be there (but at least the many other people she self-invited to "watch" did not have time to come).

Sometimes you just gotta shut the doors and not let anyone in. That is my plan this time.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#92 of 105 Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paphia View Post
I'm home from the hotel. Everything went really smoothly. Isaac Louis was born 4/05/08 at 7:30 p.m. Weighed 6 lbs (37 weeks), 18.5 inches. Placenta took forever to come out - finally at about 2 in the morning. I got to catch him myself! I'll post a birth story when I get the chance.
Congratulations! I think I would like a hotel birth (no cleaning up myself), but, I guess I will always have a home birth, which is perfect anyways.

Awaiting the birth story!

#93 of 105 Old 04-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Heh, there was a little clean up. Just drips.

My parents are both very glad the baby is safe and all is well. My mom started letting out some of her pent-up anger about my birthing choices on the phone when I called to announce the birth, but oh well. I totally understand about negative fearful family.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#94 of 105 Old 04-14-2008, 12:11 AM

Hi ladies. I'd like to join you all if that's ok. I just found out I'm pregnant again, due in mid to late December. We're pretty happy; we weren't trying but still were kinda hoping for it.

I have a hospital born DS (sucked) and a UC born DD (wonderful). I was here for a couple of weeks last September but ended up having a miscarriage. I feel really good about this pregnancy...no feelings of doom like I had last time. Just really excited to get another chance. Very much looking forward to every bit of this pregnancy and birth.

Congratulations to paphia!

~Amanda

#95 of 105 Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM

Just hitting the 3rd trimester and wow do i feel the weight of the baby now! I can tell how my innards are all getting squooshed and there is no room for food or liquids, well, less room anyway. It's exciting to be in the last stages before we meet the baby this summer. it feels appropriate to be this far along now with the seasons changing too.

I finally had the deep connecting dream where I birth and meet my baby last week. The connection I feel to my baby is there again and I feel relieved about that. I went through a very dark period around 9 weeks where I actually regretted being pregnant at that time. I think it was a combo of weaning off anti-depressant and the lack of sunlight here in the winter. But it hit hard and I felt totally disconnected from my new lil baby. I felt so lost and confused for months and have been making an effort to connect with this lil being for the past couple months. SO yeah, relief that the connection is there again.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#96 of 105 Old 04-15-2008, 02:06 PM

Wohooh! I am now officially 36 weeks. Of course he will come at around 42 weeks or later but it is nice to have made it this far. I am really looking forward to labor, it doesn't scare me at all. I am just scared of everything that comes after the baby is born.

Its been pretty quiet on this thread lately. Is everyone else having problems with the site loading this last week? Thats why I have been so silent. That and the intense house clean up that my hubby and I did this weekend. Oh my goodness...we have so much crap.

Since the disaster of a baby shower I have hardly talked to my family. If I do I make sure to keep the subject away from my birth plans. Only my mom is allowed to talk to me about them and even she is irritating. She doesn't want me to have a water birth because she has no experience with them. Blah, she thinks the baby is going to drown or something.

I kinda sorta have a midwife. She isn't really actively practicing any more but she is going to teach me some relaxation techniques. I may not call her (or my mother) on time for them to make it to the birth Oops!

The really cool thing about the midwife is that she worked on The Farm for three years with Ina May. Isn't that awesome? She is really really laid back and hands off and even said she didn't want to get her hands dirty. My hubby is expected to do all the hard work.

I still consider it a UC because she isn't bringing any tools or medicine or anything. I am responsible for everything. She is just there to watch over from a distance and help me relax. Of course if something does go wrong she will be able to recognize it better than us so that is a comfort because this will be our first.

Happy UCing!
#97 of 105 Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM

MDC was down for maintenance for I don't know how long a few days ago. I'm glad to hear you are keeping the negativity at bay.
#98 of 105 Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM

I am just going to jump in! I am 36+ weeks and feel great most of the time, maybe that is because I am chasing 3 other kids and don't have time to not feel atleast good. My hips are spreading and that is always the weirdest feeling. I am so excited to have this baby and am not even a little bit fearful about birth, but what on earth am going to do with 4 kids??? I just keep telling myself "one day at a time", and this day is almost over!
#99 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Four?!? I am scared of having to take care of just one.

I guess the older ones can help out.

In the last couple of days I have been feeling SO emotional. Everything makes me want to cry. Maybe it was the fact that we had two absolutely gorgous and warm days, almost like it was spring and then it froze again and snowed. : The snow didn't stick but I am tired of starting a fire every morning. :

I had bad dreams all last night of my mom being a terrible person to have at my birth. The whole time she tried to order me around and tell me what to do and how to do it and when to get out of the birthing pool. Needless to say I didn't sleep well. Those were my first labor dreams in a long time. Maybe I will just call my mother to come to late..."oops you missed it mom, sorry."

Oh, and my emotional state made me rescue a mouse from my cat. He is tiny and cute and lives in a huge glass jar on my computer desk. He likes peanuts.
#100 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggijessie View Post
I am just going to jump in! I am 36+ weeks and feel great most of the time, maybe that is because I am chasing 3 other kids and don't have time to not feel atleast good. My hips are spreading and that is always the weirdest feeling. I am so excited to have this baby and am not even a little bit fearful about birth, but what on earth am going to do with 4 kids??? I just keep telling myself "one day at a time", and this day is almost over!
One day at a time. One moment at a time. That is my life motto. Today is not over yet. (Or today is almost over, depending on how your day is going!)

That is all you can do with a house full of children.

Though having four was a big step up from three, it was wonderful.

But it is really an interesting job. Always fun, always a challange, never boring!

#101 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm 17 weeks on Saturday and not really enjoying pregnancy right now. DD has been crying all day long and I can only nurse her for so long before I just want to hurl her across the room. It's cold outside and I need to mulch my garden so my seeds don't die since we have a warning of SNOW this weekend. It doesn't snow in April here. We're lucky if it snows in January. The weather is so bizarre, especially since we had 75 degree weather last weekend. It's awful because DD does so much better when she can just run around outside poking the dirt with sticks. I don't want to go outside when it's cold like this.

I managed to do dishes and please DD by carrying her on my back while I did them, but now I'm exhausted and I still need to clean the bathroom and put away a ton of clothes. All in good time. Right now I'm just putting my feet up and being on MDC. I'm not going to be able to carry DD much longer with her growth spurts and my growing belly. Poor girlie.

Every once in a while I think I feel a little kick but then I try to feel another one by putting my hand on my belly and waiting, but nada. I'm sure it won't be long til baby is kicking like big sis did in utero! Which was constantly from about 20 weeks until the end.

Congratulations everyone who has a new little baby to cuddle this month!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#102 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM

huminbird, I had my mom at my first birth and I kind of wish I hadn't. Her nervous energy hindered my focus and progress and even when she was trying to help me relax her hands were all cold and knobby and not helpful! She wasn't even opposed to a home birth but kind of took it all personally because her first birth was an attempted homebirth but she hadn't educated herself and went to the hospital with a shoulder dyscocia problem. When she had me she just went to the hospital rather than try it at home again. She regretted giving up so easily... and then seeing me, who doesn't give up easily (I was howling for hours) have a successful home birth... well I guess it was bittersweet for her. I think it's hard for moms to separate themselves from their daughter's birth experience and it's a rare and wonderful gift to have a mother who can be all supportive. If you have any doubts about having her there, definitely reconsider, it can mean a total mood change for your birthing experience. I've heard from many many women that having their mom there, however much they love her, was not a good idea in retrospect. I don't know how I'll feel about this when I'm going to be a grandma but it's something to ponder.

FWIW, my mother and I do not have a traditional mother/daughter relationship. I grew up with my Dad having full custody and saw her rarely. Part of my desire to have her there was I think a desperate attempt to have her be the mother figure I always wanted. Kind of like when I ran away to live with her just in time to get my first period... and then moved back home shortly afterwards. So this may or may not apply.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#103 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Banned

yeah, site problems are normal sometimes. this is a big site.

i also got the mega nesting urge. i absolutely have to clean my house now! LOL!

every day, i have to fight the desire to purge without my husband present, because invariably i purge something "terribly important" to him that just looks like a random piece of paper with a grocery list on it! so, this weekend we're going to do some good purgin' and i'm SO psyched.

i was able to purge the bathroom because he doesn't keep much in there. i scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, and then i cleaned out under the cabinets and also reorganized my jewlery box (which i keep in the bathroom under the sink).

tomorrow, i hope to tackle the kitchen (which will include scrubbing the fridge and freezer, purging and washing all of the cabinets, scrubbing the floors on hands and knees (my favorite), and just getting everything as clean as humanly possible.

together this weekend, we're going to purge our living room/dining room (which right now is playing "piles of work on every surface!" because we use the dining space like an office mostly). i'm very excited about this. i hate piles but my husband LOVES them. it's the way he was raised. his mother loves piles also. she insists that she "didn't raise him this way" (as a piling pack rat), but she totally did.

on friday, i'm going to the organic mattress store to pick out our mattress. we're moving from a 20-odd year old full sized "normal-yuck" mattress to a king size (eastern king rather than CA king) organic mattress for our family bed!

it's the 'recon' mission so that i can narrow it down (my husband does best with choosing between two or three, rather than 20) to a couple of mattresses.

then, next weekend (not this one), we'll purge our bedroom (which means the bedroom closet which is our main 'storage area' and also the bedroom itself and ALL of our clothing), and THEN we'll go and he'll feel the mattresses that i like and THEN we'll order that mattress.

i'm so psyched to do that. i'm SO looking forward to a new mattress. i'm SO looking forward to my zen-designed bedroom. right now, it's 'zen inspired' with a normal bed, furniture, etc.

but our plan for our room is to get rid of the furniture so that there's just the bed on some hemp/cotton covered 2 x 4s on the floor, put the dressers in the closet (once it's cleaned out! woohoo!), and then take the pictures and such from the wall so that it's a very clean and simple look. oh, and we're going to get a different alarm clock--one with a chime instead of the mess that we've had to wake up to for so long!

once May comes, we'll finish the other two rooms (the yoga room is basically done--there's nothing in there, but we do use the closet for storage and need to purge that), and the third room (currently an unused "office") will be made into a guest room. that closet is also used for storage, so we'll have to purge it and set it up for guests, and find homes for the stuff in that room (purge through books, rehome them in the LR/DR shelves, donate computer to charity after cleaning it out, and donate furniture to charity as well). we will likely use our bedroom furniture in that room.

it may be that a friend of ours will move in with us in October, and so this will be her room. if she doesn't move in with us, then it will be a guest room. i can't afford two organic mattresses now, but i also don't want to put a poor guest on that bed that i have now. i'll have to think about what i want to do about that. LOL!

but, we hope to have everything organized and purged by mid-June. since baby comes in late august, that gives us time to just have a great summer and prep for the baby.
#104 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huminbird View Post
Four?!? I am scared of having to take care of just one.

I guess the older ones can help out.
You will do great! Just do your best and love the babe lots!

I would LOVE for the older ones to help, and the 7 year old does help a lot. Although, I am due a week before my second child turns 3 and then I have a 13 month old. Yes, that will be 3 in diapers!

Zoebird, good job with all the purging and cleaning! I love making my rooms "new"!
#105 of 105 Old 04-16-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
One day at a time. One moment at a time. That is my life motto. Today is not over yet. (Or today is almost over, depending on how your day is going!)

That is all you can do with a house full of children.

Though having four was a big step up from three, it was wonderful.

But it is really an interesting job. Always fun, always a challange, never boring!
I love my crazy kids! We have the loudest most active house on the block! I don't think that going from 3 to 4 is going to be that big for us, it is just the ages that is going to kill me! I would like a good 2 year break after this one. But you just wait, 6 months pp, I will be pg again.

Here's to houses that are never boring! (Apple cider)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page