Pregnant Mamas in April Support Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2008, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check in here ladies!

How are you feeling? Any new developments? Joys or Difficulties you want to share?

I am 39 weeks tomorrow. And feeling very, very grumpy. Please, please, please, can we just get on with it? I just want to meet my little girl already.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM

40 weeks today.

trying not to be impatient, but i am . can't wait to meet the new little one!

oh, and BIL just called with "how are you?" repeated 10 times, obviously wanting to hear any baby news. niiiiiiiiiice. especially as i convinced myself DH this baby would be early.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM

26 weeks and it's freaking HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT here. Especially since I'm still wearing my 18 month old. And he's hot-natured to start with!

I've been getting nauseous after I eat, meaning I need to start eating less when I do eat, and eating more often. Twice I ate so much (w/o even realizing it) that I made myself dizzy and lightheaded and totally nauseous, almost passed out a few times (it didn't help that I was also carrying DS on my hip/ over my belly and we were in a super crowded restaurant!!).

I've always had near-fainting issues during pg, probably since my baseline blood pressure is, like, 90/60 or so. So, nowhere to go but flat on my face if it drops just a little!

I've been trying to take it easy and relax. Okay, okay, I've been lazy. I need to find some kind of exercise DVD to do daily in my house, because I can't walk outside anymore with Dog and Baby, it's too hot with all that pressed up against me (and that 70lbs pulling me!). I'm getting a prenatal yoga DVD thru netflix to see if I like it and if I do I may buy it.

I'm super stressed b/c I still haven't ordered my birth kit and ofc there IS the vague possibility of the midwife being there (ie, if I feel the need to call her!) so I need to order HER birth kit PLUS the herbs/tinctures/etc that I want for the likely situation that she ISN'T there. I also still have to have this wrap turned into 2 ring slings. Neither of those take much time, except that DH just went from working 72 hours a week to 38... so now suddenly the cash is TIGHT!! I did order the ebay fetoscope and I hope hope hope it's in the mail today so I can listen to "2e" sloshing around in there.

Anywho, I have this odd feeling that DS1 is pulling stuff out of cabinets that he shouldn't, so it's time to return to real life now! Last time I let him wander off momentarily to update, he poured all the dog's food into the toilet... and used daddy's toothbrush to, uh, stir his soup. Ewwww..... gotta go!

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM

28 weeks, VERY excited! Lots of BH, but that's okay. I like feeling like my uterus is getting "warmed up" for the Big Day. At least one of us is getting exercise...

I am very distressed about my friend's UC-hospital transfer that went horribly wrong. I am currently working on getting some birth rape awareness/activist material available on the web, as well as planning some projects IRL. I am thinking of starting a birth rape quilt, similar to Ina May's maternal deaths quilt.

DH is looking forward to the home birth!! I have some friends who also HBed, and they will probably be around. I don't want them when I actually birth, but I'd love to have them to hang out with in labor. And they are also considering UC next time around. How fun would that be, if we get a local group of UCers and all be supportive and create a whole network!! (of course, *nothing* against women who want the privacy and intimacy throughout labor....I would like friends in early labor, then I'm off to the br with DH.)

Emily
Old 04-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

19 weeks today (wed) and doing well.

had a weird day though--not pregnancy related, just life stuff.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
26 weeks and it's freaking HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT here.
It's unusually warm here too! But, no complaints...I love the heat! I am so glad winters GONE...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM

36 weeks tomorrow! Woohoo! And of course that means nothing as far as labor, cause I don't think it's gonna be happening anytime soon.

LO has been popping between transverse & head down. And I have fallen in love with sitting completely straight up with my butt almost hanging off the couch. Who knew?

I'm feeling really good, and just having this sense that this birth is going to be amazing and very low-key....

Despite family, who frankly is driving me mad. Heh. If one more "caring" person tells me how "freaked" they are over no midwife being there then I just may have to go Kill Bill on their butts. :
Old 04-02-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
It's unusually warm here too! But, no complaints...I love the heat! I am so glad winters GONE...

Hey young lady, where is your update. mmh?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookymama View Post
Hey young lady, where is your update. mmh?
No updates to give yet, sorry! Same old, same old...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Its my due date today. Weather is beautiful. It's not snowing.. (for once!). I want to get this show on the road!

My MIL offered to come by and bring us sandwiches for dinner. I have this extreme paranoia if that I say okay, that I am going to go in labor. Which normally would be a GOOD thing.. but not with MIL around. she's extremely nosey. The last thing I need is to be in labor with that woman around. Telling me she is going to take my son, insist on calling a midwife, or going to the hospital, telling her it's okay for her to leave (which she would refuse to do) or some other such thing that will drive me completely nutty.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No updates to give yet, sorry! Same old, same old...
Aw!

Sending you lots of love from the Windy city.

:
Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Aw!

Sending you lots of love from the Windy city.

:
No talk of wind when I am relishing the warmth!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM

okay- tonight is the night damn it.40 weeks on Friday??? WTF? I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cranky.

can ya tell?

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM

I need to turn this frown upsidedown!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 PM

Almost 36 weeks and my tailbone is in total pain. I have spina bifida oculta, and pregnancy at this stage is just utter pain. I do chiros, massage...but it's just a matter of endurance until the end.

I feel closer to labor than I would like to realize. I'm just hoping to go another week or two.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Its my due date today. Weather is beautiful. It's not snowing.. (for once!). I want to get this show on the road!

My MIL offered to come by and bring us sandwiches for dinner. I have this extreme paranoia if that I say okay, that I am going to go in labor. Which normally would be a GOOD thing.. but not with MIL around. she's extremely nosey. The last thing I need is to be in labor with that woman around. Telling me she is going to take my son, insist on calling a midwife, or going to the hospital, telling her it's okay for her to leave (which she would refuse to do) or some other such thing that will drive me completely nutty.
maybe send her here? since she's not a relative we will have no problems kicking her out, and if she starts *my* labour, that would be awesome we don't mind her sandwiches.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodymaximus View Post
maybe send her here? since she's not a relative we will have no problems kicking her out, and if she starts *my* labour, that would be awesome we don't mind her sandwiches.
haha! I don't know. You seem like a nice sort of lady to do anything like that too!

I have not met a person yet that could harness her crazy.. even my own mother who is notorious for turning the tables on you to convince you that the fact it was raining was your fault. .. She was no match for my MIL!

We could have a "let's get into labor sandwich party' though!

I'll make sure to send you some labor vibes though, if you promise to do the same! :
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM

13 weeks and the tiredness is depressing the crap out of me. Ironically I've started getting insomnia and last night was awake until it was time to get the kids ready for school, that was rough. Dd has been kind of staying on my schedule and she's a natural night owl anyways so at least she sleeps in in the mornings.

I haven't blogged b/c all I can think about comes across as whining and complaining. I'm struggling to maintain my patience with the kids but am often snappy. Then I feel worse for being snappy.

A good friend of mine is sending me some teas and some supplements, I'm hoping that will help improve how I'm feeling, which might improve my mood and maybe even my sleep cycle.

/whine
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
haha! I don't know. You seem like a nice sort of lady to do anything like that too!
thanks, but you know, it is easier to deal with strangers than with relatives. just lift them up, stand them on the porch, call a cab

Quote:
We could have a "let's get into labor sandwich party' though!
okay, okay, let's do that! i just made avocado sushi with the kids, ate too much, and still no labour. maybe i should've tried sandwiches! what kind are you having?

Quote:
I'll make sure to send you some labor vibes though, if you promise to do the same! :
i'll send you tripple labour vibes! : : :

come to think about it, i'll send you anything you want! i just want my baby. NOW. i'd even skip the whole labour thing. it is kind of overrated, isn't it?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:55 PM

Boy, I feel like I have no place at all to whine here with so many uncomfortable ladies so close!

I won't let that stop me though. 25 weeks now and I'm really feeling like I did after 36 weeks with DD2. Lots of pressure, back/hip pain, cramping and lots of contractions. No fun! Recently I feel like anything and everything or nothing at all starts contractions. For a while I figured it was just because it's my 3rd, but then I started to let fears of PTL get to me. I have no history, but can't seem to shake it. Even more so because I had this "feeling" with DD2 that she would come fast, as in not get to the hospital in time fast, and that was pretty accurate. (though we did make it just in time, unfortunately ) I worry that if I have the feeling that this one will come early, it may be true, but it's difficult to tune out the worry and really try to tune in.

I have such a huge fear of losing my UC. I just really don't want another hospital birth. I've done a lot of research and roughly decided on a plan, one that includes an early delivery if that's the case, and hope it's not. I'm feeling so much better now that I've educated myself that much more. I'm paying extra attention to caring for myself and not letting that fall to the side, making sure I'm staying on top of things in regards to nutrition and supplements, and trying to take it easy despite my reluctance to do so. Hopefully, that will take me to the end.

So that's my long whine...anyone else?
Old 04-03-2008, 04:33 AM

25 weeks... i feel pretty much fine still. Getting to that point where my bump is bumping into counters and doors and what not. My biggest complaint is feeling achy all over when I wake up, but that seems par for the course with pregnancy for me.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
i'll send you tripple labour vibes! : : :

come to think about it, i'll send you anything you want! i just want my baby. NOW. i'd even skip the whole labour thing. it is kind of overrated, isn't it?

I was bad and had a moo cow sandwhich. Wanted corner bakery, but at 6pm.. I wasn't willing to sit in traffic for an hour and half to what takes 20 minutes otherwise!

Went into labor for a few hours yesterday, then nothing! ugh!

How about you? Anything? : : :

Labor sure seems that way! It's like there is this big red button somewhere inside the uterus.. that when it's hit induce labor. Seems there are a few April babies that love to hit that button then unhit it when things are getting interesting.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:34 AM

20.5 here, was able to feel Aka_chan kick from the outside without pushing in on my uterus at all last night.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I was bad and had a moo cow sandwhich. Wanted corner bakery, but at 6pm.. I wasn't willing to sit in traffic for an hour and half to what takes 20 minutes otherwise!

Went into labor for a few hours yesterday, then nothing! ugh!

How about you? Anything? : : :

Labor sure seems that way! It's like there is this big red button somewhere inside the uterus.. that when it's hit induce labor. Seems there are a few April babies that love to hit that button then unhit it when things are getting interesting.

nothing...my usual 3 contractions after nursing DS to sleep. i had high hopes with each one, as they were quite strong...but nothing...

i had a quiet moment now, and i talked to the baby. told him/her that even the diapers have arrived.

i noticed something really cool, though--if i imagine my cervix opening up and do a couple of visualisations, i get a couple of contractions right there.

: : :
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Well, I lost my mucous plug a bit ago...facinating, that was. Hopefully things pick up now...

Old 04-03-2008, 02:53 PM

24 wks today and just feeling tired. But that is normal. Baby growing strong and getting in my way more and more. Other than that, nothing special going on here.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
nothing...my usual 3 contractions after nursing DS to sleep. i had high hopes with each one, as they were quite strong...but nothing...

i had a quiet moment now, and i talked to the baby. told him/her that even the diapers have arrived.

i noticed something really cool, though--if i imagine my cervix opening up and do a couple of visualisations, i get a couple of contractions right there.

Yay for diapers!

mmh. We'll have to give that a shot! If that doesn't work, I'll get DH to waggle a 20 dollar bill to my girly bits. See if that does anything.

Quote:
Well, I lost my mucous plug a bit ago...facinating, that was. Hopefully things pick up now...

haha! Progreeeesssss!

I really hope things start happening for you soon.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
haha! Progreeeesssss!

I really hope things start happening for you soon.
Uggh, me too...this is getting old. My waddle is wider and it hurts to move my legs if I lay down, so I can't sleep or move in bed at ALL. : Put me out of my misery!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's to hoping! : :
Old 04-03-2008, 04:31 PM

I'll be 37 weeks in two days and I am really happy about that. I know I've mentioned it before, but going to see that midwife and have her tell me that I was wrong about my dates really put a lot of doubt in my mind and caused me some unnecessary stress. Well, now I feel a lot more confident that I was indeed right in my dating and charting and if my fundus measured high and the baby felt big, it was because I have strong abs and I'm growing a healthy baby in there instead of a tiny peanut like my dd was.

Lots of gearing up going on, BHs, mucus and discomfort. Baby seems to be settling down into my pelvis but every now and then tries to make more room in there and once again I get feet in the ribs. I've been *craving* fruit - eating kiwis and strawberries and apples and bananas and oranges and drinking juice between my protein meals.

I've been nesting like a madwoman, too. Right now there's a crockpot beef roast cooking. My dh went through all the meals I froze last night and pulled that one out. He can't resist and can't wait to start eating the stuff I made. LOL I guess I'll have to have one more day of marathon cooking since he's probably going to beg to eat half the stuff before the baby comes. That's okay. I told him we could start in on it - I hate cooking in the afternoon because I'm too tired by then but I am fine throwing stuff together in the morning.

I've also got the yard all spruced up with mulch and trimmed back and watered a little. Part of me really wants to push the mower around to make the grass even but I'm not sure I want to do that to myself. Last time I did that when pregnant it really wore me out (though it did not put me into labor).

Also, since I'm practically term, dh is allowed to get romantic with me again which is making him pretty happy. And me too. I hope it doesn't get anything going too early though, since we are looking at our new house being almost complete.

I cannot tell you how nice that is! We went through it last night - there are cupboards and counters, light and water fixtures, the bathtub is in and filled with water to set, the tile and carpets are in, they are fixing up all the little dings and last bits on the walls and baseboards, etc. DD runs around in all the big open spaces and is so excited to play there. I've got 21 days on my countdown until we get the keys! And 23 until my EDD. And I keep telling myself how my MIL will only get me to scrub the toilet for her a few more times before it's going to be done by a maid service every two weeks, mwahaha. Oh, and the view from our bedroom is gorgeous, it's all mountains during the day and then at night you can see all the lights down in the valley from the city. So pretty. Ah, it's going to be awesome.

I'm trying not to do too much today since I keep exhausting myself really easily. It's sitting and sorting paperwork for me if I feel up to anything at all! Yesterday I was spreading mulch and doing laundry and cooking so I deserve a break. Dd could help out a little and take a nap with me, she was up at about 7, ugh.

Hey all you other April mamas - lots of labor vibes to you! You all sound ready to catch your little ones!

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)

User Tag List