Mothering Forum banner

Zoe is here!

9K views 154 replies 134 participants last post by  Awaken 
#1 ·
Hi all, hope it's ok to post this here.

Zoe Anna S. was born yesterday at 3:57 PM via c-section...it was easy and perfect and so is she.
She gets the distinction of being our smallest baby at 7 lbs. 12 ounces and 20 inches. Surgery was 23 minutes from start to finish and was smooth and complication free. I went home a little bit ago. She looks just like Avery and is pretty laid back. We did have a harrowing night of gas bubbles but if that's as bad as it gets I'll take it!

More details to come...settling in...

Thanks all for the well wishes and support.

XOXO

See less See more
#54 ·
Welcome Zoe! Congrates Marie! I am so happy for you. I am sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to but you did such and awsome thing giving your little girl some more time that she needed! Can't wait to read the story and enjoy your baby moon! Ahh love the newborn smell!

#56 ·
Gone from the computer 3 hours and I miss it...
I'll just say-- "what they all said"

I'm so so proud of you for fighting for your child, your body. I'm so glad that they treated you with dignity at the hospital. I'm so glad your little Zoe is a good, healthy weight/age.

#69 ·
I can't believe I didn't see this thread!! OMG!!

Congratulations! And you are still my hero, especially for giving Zoe those two extra weeks she needed. You are an amazing mama, and your kids are all lucky to have you

Happy babymooning.
and hey, who knows, if you still want to UC, you could always UBA5C! I'm glad everything turned out well and that you're both doing fine. Praying for a speedy recovery for you.

#71 ·
*gush* Ooooohhhh Marie.....well done mama. Congratulations!!!

I am so glad to hear that everything went so well. You followed your heart and listened to what you and your little girl needed.....with everything. You did what you needed to do for you, regardless of the outcome, and for that I commend you.

Welcome earthside little Zoe!!! You have a wonderful, strong mama.

Happy Babymooning to you and your family Marie.

#75 ·
Huge Congrats and Welcome Zoe.
And huge congrats for sticking to your guns and doing things YOUR way - and showing those docs that you were perfectly able to make qualified, safe and reasonable decisions all the way.
I am sorry for the vaginal UC you didnt get - I have been there and know that even though I was in charge of my birth and made all the calls, I still grieve the UC I "lost".
Some things are just out of our hands arent they..
Huge congrats again - enjoy your lovely daughter and pad yourself on the shoulder for the amazing courage and selfconfidense you have kept through all this time despite the medical community doing their best at getting in control.
Lots of good wishes and thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.