Pregnant without a home on MDC. Vent. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm glad it is helpful. sometimes, i don't feel so 'zen' myself, but i find that just writing out what i'm feeling really helps me a lot.

i'm really excited for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 AM

s mama from a fellow PAL who is "high risk" but still UP and UCing

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#33 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i agree with sapphire_chan here. I may not know what you are going through, but i can still support your experiences and choices. like cellarstella wrote, a lot of women feel isolated in their unique experience. i alluded to that as well, in my original post.

obviously, ccochenuo, you failed to read post 11, or you would have seen that i wasn't asking anyone to sign on the "dotted line."
Obviously, zeobrid, you are questioning my sovereignty and moral agency by attempting to draw limits upon my expression of my inner light in this discussion here. Of course one has the capability to keep one's convictions and concerns private - you have that same capability with regard to others who disagree with you, as well. But you choose to use a different capability, as do I.
So, love and light and all that.
#34 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Can I just remind everyone that this a UC support forum. We are of course under no obligation to support anyone that we don't choose to, but out of respect for the OP and the UA...

Anyway, to get back on track

OP, I do feel like I am in a similar situation. I'm considered high risk for several reasons, and am choosing to UP/UC. I'm just to chicken to talk about it here.
#35 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 12:08 PM

hey...

just wanted to drop you a hug...

i for one think your presence enhances the beauty of MDC. no two women (or two pregnancies for that matter) are alike and it really helps to know others experiences, challenges and triumphs.

i post in many of the forums and lurk around in even more. while i doubt that i relate %100 percent to anyone in any forum, its just nice to know that we are all in this together more or less...

so welcome. and may you find yourself at home wherever you decide to post because your experience is just as valid as anyone else's.

also- don't forget about all the mamas who are lurking and drawing inspiration from your stories. just because they don't post doesn't mean you didn't make them feel validated!
#36 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM

That sucks about your previous doctor. Seriously sucks. And they wonder why so many people don't trust doctors!!!!

I wish you a beautiful, peaceful, and healthy birth.
#37 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 PM

Hi Mamaterra, I've been sort of following your posts since I got pregnant...we are in the same DDC. I relate to you in so many ways...I'm also pregnant after a loss (though I haven't been through half of what you have), I'm hoping for a UP/UC even though I have some medical issues that might force me to get help (weak kidneys, weak heart due to periodontitis that I'm still recovering from) and I even have a ruptured ovarian cyst. I read your thread in our DDC about your worry of ectopic pregnancy...I had the exact same worry and didn't post because I was feeling so negative and just terrified that my pregnancy was ectopic too. Finding out it was just a cyst was one of the best moments of my life…I imagine you felt the same.

Your worry about not belonging anywhere is also something I can totally relate to. Our DDC definitely makes me feel out of place and with all the worries I have I feel like I could be an annoyance for people here in the UC forum. Yet, I tend to feel that if you have worries or complaints, this forum is one of the best places to talk about them. For the most part people don’t judge you and you can find such incredible support here.

Anyway, I’m sorry I’m not offering very much in the way of encouragement. I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with the worries you have. Maybe we'll be able to share some of the ups and downs of our pregnancies together and hopefully we’ll both end up with lovely UCs this December.

#38 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

thanks crissei--that's basically what i was trying to assert, without bringing "the rules" into it.
#39 of 39 Old 04-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
You are doing what Unassisted Pregnancy and Childbirth is really all about... which is following your instincts, even if those include getting outside medical help.
: Absolutely.

I was wondering if it would be possible to start a "Planning UC/HB but not Low Risk" thread or tribe? You might find a lot more women here who have had UCs or non-interventive homebirths even with a "high risk" label, or others who are planning to, or those who would like to but don't think they can.

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page