Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the midst of Twinsanity
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anyone who has had UC breech birth? I want good and bad experiences. What made the experience good or bad? Do you think I'm a nutball for even considering this? don't be afraid to be brutal.
i plan to UC when i have my babies and would definitely UC a breech.
i haven't read through everything yet but here's my two cents:
- breech is a version of normal
- frank breech should technically be easier to deliver than footling or stargazer
- baby could turn anytime in the next 4-6 weeks (assuming 40 weeks + 2) or in labour
- check out spinning babies
- chiropractic, massage, and accupuncture have all been known to help babies turn
- try external version
- read this birth story
- some babies are breech because it's safer for them to be breech. example - a really short cord
if you decide to UC breech:
- one of the most important things for you to do is make sure you're really open. being fully dilated (whatever that means for you) is super important! this is the one and only instance where i would try to hold off pushing until i absolutely had to even if my body wanted to.
- remember hands off the breech! if anyone touches baby before the arms are out they could trigger the moro reflex, and if the baby's arms are still inside you that could cause a nuchal hand or worse, a nuchal arm.
- do not touch the cord unless you have to until the baby's head is out. when you touch a cord you could cause it to spasm and that's not good with a breech because the cord is already being compressed between baby's head and your pubic bone. if you want you can get DH to check if the cord is pulsating by looking closely and touching very very lightly if he has to.
- stand if you can (lean on something), kneel as upright as possible, use a birth stool, or get someone to help you with a supported squat. the more vertical you are the better with a breech.
- tell DH not to ever pull on the baby, i can see how it would be tempting to do, but it's better to allow baby's own weight to help ease it down as opposed to pulling.
- breathe as deeply as you can, baby needs all the help it can get with oxygen because the cord will be as least part way compressed from the time between when the umbilicus is first out until the head is fully out.
listen to your body, listen to your baby, if something inside you is telling you this baby will turn, i would trust that. remember that the hospital is only a short drive away. if you have to transfer, have DH call them and let them know you're coming so they can get a heads up prepping. remember that even if you were in hosp it can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes to fully prep the OR and you for surgery. when you look at it that way, since you're only three blocks away, being home puts you no further behind.
Once again, thank you to everyone. I've kind of exhausted my spending resources so I can't really buy any more books (and our library selection SUCKS) but I'm trying to get as much info as possible from internet and personal stories. So, if you got 'em, keep 'em coming!
J, partner-in-crime to D, mama to 4, including our brand new , missing my 7-wk-er
|132 members and 16,179 guests|
|1babysmom , agentofchaos , agilesheltie , Aillidh , AlaskAnne , americanjuly , AMG , azohri , badwolf092087 , bananabee , BarefootBrooke , belltree , blissful_maia , bluefaery , Brittee , bubbagirl , bubbymummy , captain optimism , captainkitty2 , carnelianlight , Cherry_Blossom , chickabiddy , chiefmir , chknlovr , cmnewbs , cocoheart , Crimson8 , Daffodil , dahlia810 , Dakotacakes , Deborah , DungeonQueen , emmy526 , EmsMom , farmermomma , forestfoster , frugalmama , funfunkyfantastic , girlie1125 , greenemami , hb2mom , healthy momma , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Incubator , indiana , japonica , JayaSky , JBaxter , K703 , katelove , kathymuggle , kitchensqueen , lalalovely , Laura575 , LHcj2008 , Lifted , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , loba , love2wod , mak127 , mama24-7 , Mama2ChicknLil , mamabear0314 , MamaChick , mamadance84 , mariamadly , marilyn612 , MaryMcNeill , MDoc , Meredith Dharma Yoga Hall , Milk8shake , Mirzam , MN BabyDust , Mom1911a1 , MPsSweetie , Mummoth , Mylie , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , need2know23 , neemoomommy , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , orangemomma , pers , philomom , pokeyac , Pookietooth , primalmom , pumabearclan , Ragana , rocky , rubelin , Ruthiegirl , SandiMae , sarafl , seap3 , shantimama , Shmootzi , sidrajedi , siennaflower , sillysapling , sleemothering , sofreshsoclean , Sphinxy , Springshowers , stellanyc , swl73 , Teles , Tigerle , TourmalineMama , TrishWSU , Viola , WhiteRose , Wild Rose , Wolfcat , worthy , Xerxella , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|