Uterus at belly button already???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I ws laying down watching TV today and was like hmmm wonder if I can feel the top of my uterus yet....I could and it was already at my belly button!!?? I am only 12 weeks isn't this a little early for it to already be that high?

Oregon : mom x's 4 DS 1995 DD : 2005 DD2 2006 DD3 2008 hopeful future : Also full time college mom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Mine wasn't even half way at 12 weeks... maybe #4 and #5 are coming to say hi to santa?

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Lol if it were : my fiance would probably flip lol I wouldn't mind though lol. I don't ever remember feeling it this high so soon. Hmmm

Oregon : mom x's 4 DS 1995 DD : 2005 DD2 2006 DD3 2008 hopeful future : Also full time college mom!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM

Now it could just be because it's your fourth and I know things tend to be bigger and sooner and all

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 05-27-2008, 10:24 PM

This is my third pregnancy and I always measure large until about 20 weeks or so. With my first, my doctor told me that I "must be having quadruplets" at 14 weeks because I was measuring so large. Nope--it was just one.

Same with #2. Now, with #3, I was measuring at my belly button by 12 weeks--even though I'm UPing, I had an ultrasound just to be sure I didn't have my dates off! Nope.....just one baby, and I'm right on track. Around 20 weeks, it evened out. It could very well be just because you're pregnant with #4.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:30 PM

This is only my second, but my uterus moves up and down for some reason. It seems really weird to me but maybe it's normal? Anyhow, at exactly 12 weeks it was about 1.5 inches below my belly button (I felt it because I had a BH, and my midwife felt it in the same spot the same day). A couple of days later it was in the "normal" position for the gestation. It did the same thing with DD. Anyhow, is it possible that yours does the same thing? Or maybe I'm just weird!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:31 AM

I am pretty sure mine is at or above my navel... and has been for at least a week - I'm 16w now. I wasn't sure, so I had a good friend try feeling for the fundus last week and she agreed it was at least at my navel. Who knows how long it's been there! But it's been there with no change for a week or so. I decided I wasn't going to think about it unless I ended up at 30 cm at 20 weeks or something.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 05-28-2008, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It was a uterus up to my belly button at 12 weeks that made me break down and get an ultrasound... and it was twins.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I would at least consider getting it checked out... not saying you shouldn't UP/UC but it would be nice to know for sure you were expecting two! About 60% of women who have twins and don't have an ultrasound have "undiagnosed" or surprise twins! I suppose you could just prepare for two and be pleasantly surprised if there's only one! Even if it is your 4th, the fundus being at the umbilicus already is pretty exceptional! Good luck, will be anticipating your update!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Could your bladder have been full?

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Elora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Eilish Neve Isebeul, 6/12/14!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

No I had just gone potty.If I try and push on it when its full I usually will pee myself

Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3wantingmore View Post
No I had just gone potty.If I try and push on it when its full I usually will pee myself
me too
Old 05-30-2008, 07:42 PM

I'm 11 weeks right now and my uterus is also at my belly button. I'm feeling quite a bit of movement for this early and it's all over the place. I'm trying not to worry too much about twins yet, but it's definitely making me wonder. I tend to get big fast too, hopefully that's all it is.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:49 AM

My uterus was up to my navel around 12-15 wks. I can't remember exactly but it was too soon. I had an u/s - I've only got one in there. I obsessed about it for awhile. If the u/s is wrong, I'll let you know in a few weeks
Old 06-02-2008, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaanne View Post
I'm 11 weeks right now and my uterus is also at my belly button. I'm feeling quite a bit of movement for this early and it's all over the place. I'm trying not to worry too much about twins yet, but it's definitely making me wonder. I tend to get big fast too, hopefully that's all it is.
This sounds more like your dates are off?

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
^^^^ Though mamas with twins tend to feel them earlier.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 06-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post
This sounds more like your dates are off?
They're not, I'm 100% positive. I wasn't officially charting but I was monitering my temps and ovulation signs. My last period was March 15, I ovulated somewhere between March 26 and March 28. It is possible I could be off on that but not more than a few days.

I can't remember where my uterus was at this point with DD but I know it was much higher than where they say it should be. And I felt movement at 11 or 12 weeks with her. So more than likely this is just the way I do pregnancy.

But I have a question for you ladies...how much do babies move around in there? Usually when I feel movement it is in the upper left part of my uterus. But sometimes I feel something in the lower right. I know the baby isn't big enough to stretch that far...do they bounce around like that this early?

User Tag List