Mothering Forum banner

Non-pregnant UC veterans and supporters roll call

3K views 72 replies 65 participants last post by  zjande 
#1 ·
So I am not pregnant - and a recent change in my life makes me doubt I will have more children. I left DP 4 months ago, as his mental problems caused him to be verbally abusive - and as it escalated we had to get out of there. We are starting a new life on our own and are doing great. But obviuosly there are no babies in any near future and since I am with the kids 24/7 - not much dating in sight either

So thought it was time for a non-pregnant roll call - for those UC veterans and -supporters who can do just that - support others while (possibly) being terribly envious

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a non pregnant UC supporter too.
I think we might have more babies, but not for at least a couple of years. It was hard for me to be pregnant and have a baby when my dd was a toddler, so I'm going to try to hold off those hormones and wait a little longer this time!

#7 ·
good to know there are a few of us! i just recently gave birth to my 'last' baby- well no permanent choice is made but were almost certain- and i am at peace. i had 4 awesome births of four awesome humans! i am so happy in my heart that i found UC. as much as i love birth and newborns, i am done for now.

#8 ·
I'm also single and with my kids 24/7 (ok, maybe 23/7, I do get some time alone occasionally
) and probably no more babies for me ever.

Both DDs were born at home with a lay midwife (at a time and place where lay midwives were illegal; we told the authorites they were UC) and then DS was UC (followed by a hospital transfer due to fears of other adults in the house, which ended with a NICU/CPS nightmare for no valid medical reason.)

I haven't reached menopause yet which means that another pg is possible, but between my health and current living situation it seems incredibly unlikely. I'm hoping to be a grandma someday though!

#15 ·
Me, too! I'm a currently non-pregnant veteran of UC. I do want one more (two would be nice, but hubby says just one more
) but I want to wait until DD is old enough to do her own basic care and also to want a baby brother or sister. My dream is for us to have a new baby together and I really want her to be a part of that 100%. I'm imagining she'll be 4-6 years old when I TTC another.

#18 ·
I had a hospital birth and a UC. We have closed the book on more children. I still lurk and post for support.

#19 ·
UC veteran here as well. I want to say we're done with having babies, but I don't want to completely close that door. I'll just live vicariously through other women's pregnancies and births for the time being

#21 ·
add me to the list. had my first and likely only uc earlier this month. dh and i had already agreed on having just 2 children, and after my intense precipitous labor and dealing with the pp contractions i said that i didn't understand how women could do it more than 2 or 3 times anyways. but now that more time has passed and my tail bone is feeling better, i find myself thinking "wouldn't it be so awesome to do that again?"
intellectually i think it's best for us to just stop at 2 but emotionally i'm not ready to shut that door...so, yup. live vicariously whilst being terribly envious.

#23 ·
Veteran UC'er and supporter. We plan on having more in a few years, but not this close together again

#26 ·
: Non-preggo long-time UCer here! Actually, 30 years ago today I was in labor with my first baby! Can you believe that I still want another one?!

Last night I was dreaming that I was at a birth conference and someone said they heard I had just had a baby! I told her I hadn't but that I wanted to and wondered if I was still fertile (I'll be 51 next month but am not showing any signs of menopause). Would that be cool or what?!
Laura

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.