cannot find heart beat with stethascope - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 10-19-2008, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UC can mean different things to different people. let's remember that. while I am not saying anyone should blindly go into hunky dory, there are MANY people that are on the side that you do not need to know everything in order to give birth. in other words, you need basic ideas of what is happen, but mostly you need intuition and trust. some feel it's dangerous to know TOO MUCH b/c it creates doubt about your body's ability to work without you mentally understanding it. let's remember our bodies work regardless of us consciously understanding it in full.

if some of us don't agree with this midnset, that it totally ok. but it's not our decisions about what other people UC. let's remember how much the OBs "know" from study and "mentally" understanding everything. what has that proven? to only cause doubt of the but, not encourage faith and understanding on a deeper level.

if we have real concerns and mean them "gentle" truly the gentle thing would be to PM the person about it privately, not by making them feel stupid in front of the entire group.
even if it was done in concern. but we should never publically disgrace another, as that only put doubt in their heart and in their abilities. If there is concern and it's taken gently to them in private, it's much more receptive and helpful. as truly, sometimes there IS cause for concern in these situations

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 10-19-2008, 06:02 PM

sorry if that last post was O/T...

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#33 of 34 Old 10-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
A midwife once told me it sounds like a watch ticking under a pillow.
This is exactly how I was going to describe it. Or under a mattress, maybe. I could hear the HB in both of my prior pregnancies with a really cheap stethascope in the right conditions, although I don't remember when it started.

I think that baby position, placental position, and maternal fat are all big factors. I imagine a posterior baby with an anterior placenta on a well-padded mama would be almost impossible to pick up a HB on. Not saying that you have any of those, I was just illustrating.
#34 of 34 Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyPenny View Post
UC can mean different things to different people. let's remember that. while I am not saying anyone should blindly go into hunky dory, there are MANY people that are on the side that you do not need to know everything in order to give birth. in other words, you need basic ideas of what is happen, but mostly you need intuition and trust. some feel it's dangerous to know TOO MUCH b/c it creates doubt about your body's ability to work without you mentally understanding it. let's remember our bodies work regardless of us consciously understanding it in full.

if some of us don't agree with this midnset, that it totally ok. but it's not our decisions about what other people UC. let's remember how much the OBs "know" from study and "mentally" understanding everything. what has that proven? to only cause doubt of the but, not encourage faith and understanding on a deeper level.

if we have real concerns and mean them "gentle" truly the gentle thing would be to PM the person about it privately, not by making them feel stupid in front of the entire group.
even if it was done in concern. but we should never publically disgrace another, as that only put doubt in their heart and in their abilities. If there is concern and it's taken gently to them in private, it's much more receptive and helpful. as truly, sometimes there IS cause for concern in these situations
:

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page