Mothering Forum banner

Looking for tried-and-true allergen-free recipes

431 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  kjbrown92 
#1 ·
I'm mostly looking for bread-type foods, including muffins and cookies, and anythinf freezable!
I need recipes that don't contain:

Wheat
gluten
corn
potato
tomato
peppers
dairy
eggs
peanuts (other nuts ok)
soy
basically everything!

I'm especially interested in recipes containing teff, and also, does anyone know where I can find starch NOT from corn, potato, or tapioca?

Thanks so much!

See less See more
#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntie_Aya View Post
I'm mostly looking for bread-type foods, including muffins and cookies, and anythinf freezable!
I need recipes that don't contain:

Wheat
gluten
corn
potato
tomato
peppers
dairy
eggs
peanuts (other nuts ok)
soy
basically everything!

I'm especially interested in recipes containing teff, and also, does anyone know where I can find starch NOT from corn, potato, or tapioca?

Thanks so much!

No recipes in particular. I like Kathy's blog: http://www.kathysrecipebox.com/?p=32 And it has a cool search feature.

Also, check out the recipes sticky at the top of this forum. I posted links to some yummy vegan brownies and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

I oftentimes search for "gluten-free vegan" recipes and find some good ones. I usually have to substitute one or more of the ingredients though.

For substitutions, I like: http://gfcf-diet.tacanow.org/recipes...cf-recipes.htm (scroll down)

Arrowroot starch is a good one. For flours, rice, buckwheat, sorghum, oats (if you can do gf oats), bean flours (if you can do legumes). I've never used teff, though.

#12 ·
I have some website links and cookbooks listed on my blog too. My favorite cookbook at the moment is The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook. It's got great information about using different types of grains/flours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.