So we did BIE (Bioenergetic Intolerance Elimination) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope I explain this okay...

So we went to a "holistic allergist", which I learned is a nutritionist who took a special exam....

I went in with positive thoughts, since I know another mom who's celiac was "cured".

She did a form of muscle testing (like NAET, but using fingers) and that's where I started to get confused.

Almost all the things he tested positive and negative for, are the exact opposite of what the NAET muscle testing showed!! Ugh.....So in other words, wheat, gluten, dairy, caesin are apparently okay and eggs are not (I've been eating eggs once a week with no noticeable reaction)

I questioned her on the reactions that I was seeing in response to different foods, and she said we could break the foods down further to see (think: food chemicals etc) , but this was just a general base.
She tested all the foods he has tried, and it showed he was fine - again contradicting the bum rashes, eczema I've seen (and she used actual food samples for this)

She tested my breastmilk and said he reacts to that - which was obvious. Then she did a "treatment" for my breastmilk. She used a little machine that sends out electromagnetic something or other (this is where my brain stops working...sorry)
She pressed on little pressure points, and the intention is that it is supposed to tell the body to stop reacting to the substance (how's that for a scientific explanation!)

she said to give 3 days before trialing anything new. If he still is reacting after that, I will need to be tested for intolerances to see what food proteins are passing through.

To me, I'm sure he will continue to react, since the food proteins that were in my b/m today are not the same everyday.....

So now I don't know what to believe.
#2 of 9 Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 PM

sorry, mama. I wish I could be of help but I really don't know anything about this. I hope things look up for you!
#3 of 9 Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Hmmm...I don't have to understand something for it to work. I've flown across the United States in an airplane. Makes NO sense to me how it works. I zap stuff in the microwave, no understanding. I put the key in the car ignition, it works.

But, I do believe I might have started here:
Quote:
If he still is reacting after that, I will need to be tested for intolerances to see what food proteins are passing through.
from my understanding of the way food intolerances work. And there is a "bucket effect", so individual foods may not be an issue for ds, except in conjunction with your food intolerances (through breast milk).

Pat

I have a blog.
#4 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 PM

springmum,
did you try BIE if you were tested via NAET before? were you treated via NAET? how did that go? If you were treated and clered for those things, maybe that s why you are now testing okay for those?

I don't think celiac could be cured by this or NAET. I hear that true celiacs can never reintroduce gluten, for it is not an intolerance, but damage has been done to thier intestine, so that cannot be cured by allergy elimination.

I have not heard of this BIE, but I have read all about the NAET and while it does sound hard to understand, it does sound a more thorough approach, for they do have to break down and test/treat the components of the foods, because like milk for instance consists of casein, calcium, vitamin D, etc., so it could be anything in there that the body is intolerant to, and those components are in loads of other foods as well, so once those components are treated, then other allergies to other foods could resolve just due to that. If you are seeing rashes/excema, it could be due to sugars for instance, and not exactly a certain food. Just my opinions.

Faith
#5 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Faith,

We have only done a couple of treatments with NAET, but regularly muscle test with the same ND. Muscle testing of the some of the foods treated, still showed a negative reaction.

I found it interesting that the woman's celiac was cleared. I know the woman personally, and she is eating wheat again. I wonder if maybe she had been misdiagnosed as having celiac, and it was something else (or more than one thing) causing those symptoms. I don't think I'd be comfortable questioning her about that though.

I've only done one session of the BIE so far, so we didn't test any of the food components then. It certainly makes sense that it could be other components.

What I did find though, was that she tested pears (are real food sample) with DS, and it showed okay. I trialed pears (giving it to him directly when he was showing no other food reactions) and it caused a significant amount of intestinal distress (read: huge globs of mucous in his diaper, with very little actual poo) So I'm not sure how to interpret that as far as the BIE goes.
What others have mentioned though, is that it may not be the actual food, but the fact that there is still too much gut damage, and anything will trigger it. I'm not sure how BIE could help in that sense, or NAET for that matter, if it's gut that needs healing first - maybe I'm not understanding how they work correctly though.

Have you been treated or have experience with NAET?

Opinions are always welcome!
#6 of 9 Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 PM

Hey, we did BIE for our two eldest to clear them of several food allergies, and it was successful.

Did she check his polarity first? That is important. If his polarity switched or if she hadn't made sure of it first, it would make sense that things might come out pretty wonky.

The machine uses acupressure points.
http://www.divinewellness.ca/website...IMINATION.html

We had dairy (all aspects of dairy), corn, wheat, red #5, tartrazine, fragrances, eggs...ours were mostly manifesting in behaviours, and we have seen a huge improvement. We had initially done an ED, then after 6 months did the BIE and went back on our foods. No problems other than ds2's cheeks which I still am figuring out They are rough and red - not classic eczema. I think it's vit D thing.

Anyways - you need a really skilled practitioner for this kind of stuff.
#7 of 9 Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This sounds like what my half-brother did recently. He was telling me we ought to try it. He tested, through muscle testing a couple years ago as lactose intolerant, and has been off lactose, or taking the Lactaid type pills since then. About a month ago, he said he went to the naturopath and she had another woman there who was doing a thing like NAET but it involved electrodes. He said they tested him and cleared him of ... something I can't remember.. odd, like salts, and 3 days later he could have lactose again. Now if it was really lactose intolerance, doesn't that mean that his body didn't make the enzyme? so did the electrical impulse jump start something? All I know is he's having pizza and ice cream and everything else with no stomach troubles anymore. That's all I know about it.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#8 of 9 Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ View Post
Hey, we did BIE for our two eldest to clear them of several food allergies, and it was successful.

Did she check his polarity first? That is important. If his polarity switched or if she hadn't made sure of it first, it would make sense that things might come out pretty wonky.

The machine uses acupressure points.
http://www.divinewellness.ca/website...IMINATION.html

We had dairy (all aspects of dairy), corn, wheat, red #5, tartrazine, fragrances, eggs...ours were mostly manifesting in behaviours, and we have seen a huge improvement. We had initially done an ED, then after 6 months did the BIE and went back on our foods. No problems other than ds2's cheeks which I still am figuring out They are rough and red - not classic eczema. I think it's vit D thing.

Anyways - you need a really skilled practitioner for this kind of stuff.
She did check his polarity, but maybe the "yes" and "no" where switched and she didn't observe that. It would make sense b/c it's just so weird that the NAET list of "no's" were basically the exact opposite.

I think I'll go back for another visit....
#9 of 9 Old 02-04-2009, 07:29 AM

We've been doing this with our 3 1/2 yr old dd for 3 months, with 1-2 visits a week. We are seeing much improvement: normal bm's, eczema is gone, no more black circles under her eyes, and significant growth. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to reintroduce any foods successfully. We started out treating digestive enzymes, minerals, neurotransmitters, and a few others I can't recall. All that came before the treatment of food.

Give it another go. good luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page