Frustrated.... help me, Nancy Drews. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Would the practitioner that uses them, would that be the Heilkunst folks?
unfortunately no.
#242 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
only if you are getting enzymes that are derived from mold. Food derived enzymes wouldnt' be an issue (usually bromelain and papain.)
So I was looking at the Houston enzymes, which I'm pretty sure are fungal-derived. But they say that the website says that "enzymes derived from Aspergillus have been purified from the fungal matter using from 8 to 12 different methods of purification. No fungal matter is present in the enzyme product."

But it does also say, if you have a known allergy to Aspergillus proteins, caution should be used, but that it's the allergenic portions that are usually removed in the purification.
#243 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
unfortunately no.
Okay, so then would that just be a regular homeopath, who also used remedies for clearing the phenolics issues?
#244 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 PM

it's more of a clinical homeopathy thing. A classical homeopath is really only going to do the one remedy at a time thing. Ones that are a wee bit more open will do single remedy drainage. This is more along the lines of unda numbers and isopathy. You know, things at which classical homeopaths cringe.
#245 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
it's more of a clinical homeopathy thing. A classical homeopath is really only going to do the one remedy at a time thing. Ones that are a wee bit more open will do single remedy drainage. This is more along the lines of unda numbers and isopathy. You know, things at which classical homeopaths cringe.
So, might that be like the person we talked about last?
#246 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

damn- this thread is starting to move as fast as the chat thread! Did anyone see my copper question a page or two back? It's been burning in the back of my brain all day.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#247 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
damn- this thread is starting to move as fast as the chat thread! Did anyone see my copper question a page or two back? It's been burning in the back of my brain all day.
I will be interested to see the responses to your question. I had planned to get an IUD and DD's ped/CH advised against it at this time. But I need to do something for birth control long term and so far it doesn't look like there are many alternatives! What is everyone else doing?
#248 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
I will be interested to see the responses to your question. I had planned to get an IUD and DD's ped/CH advised against it at this time. But I need to do something for birth control long term and so far it doesn't look like there are many alternatives! What is everyone else doing?
Did they say why? I'm curious.

#249 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Did they say why? I'm curious.
She just said she would advise against it right now while we are dealing with the food issues and while I'm nursing. I didn't really question her on it. She also advised against xrays when I went to the dentist for a check up.
#250 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Absolutely not sorry at all, and I LOVE your perspective about it healing your and dh's health too. Thanks for that reminder! (I need it daily.)
It need the reminder, too. I am so in for it in the coming years. We are A LOT alike and butt heads continually NOW. *deep breaths* I'm trying to live in the moment and experience the present and that helps with my excessive impatience and frustration. Most of the time.

Quote:
But whoa, whoa, whoa...what's up with the enzymes and the aspergillus issue?
I am allergic to penicillin, which is mold, correct? I'm leery about molds in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Have I mentioned water KEFIR?
I'm getting some from CS!!!!!

Quote:
Yasko's site is the one with the food phenol tool? I've been skimming a bit.
I can't find the link now, but I think the two are different?

Quote:
Did anyone see my copper question a page or two back?
I don't know the answer, but I'm VERY leery of the copper IUD b/c of the whole metals/minerals imbalance issue we may or may not have.

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#251 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
But I need to do something for birth control long term and so far it doesn't look like there are many alternatives! What is everyone else doing?
We do FAM/charting TTA. I haven't resumed cycling since A's birth yet, so it's a bit more challenging. Right this second, we're using the toddler teething eye-teeth and needing to nurse hourly for the first half of the night method. But, that's not long term, I know. :

#252 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menomena View Post
We do FAM/charting TTA. I haven't resumed cycling since A's birth yet, so it's a bit more challenging. Right this second, we're using the toddler teething eye-teeth and needing to nurse hourly for the first half of the night method. But, that's not long term, I know.
We use the NFP version of FAM....generally symptothermal. I used to track basal temps daily. Now I'm pretty much doing mucus-only since I have lots of familiarity with my cycle. We've been using NFP for more than 10 years, mostly TTA and then it was very helpful when TTC my DS.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
#253 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I could say that we're also doing FAM/charting to avoid, but that makes me sound like I'm more organized and committed than I am, cause my hormones are still so messed up that I can't get pregnant (very short luteal phase). Never mind the vanishingly small sex drive anyway... But, since I assume my cycles will normalize (hopefully this year), I _plan_ to do FAM/charting to avoid (without having to actually do the work right now ).
#254 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
cs, I think you need to get that thing out of you! And do the Doctors' Data test on yourself to see if copper is an issue for you. Here's a link about copper toxicity, didn't read the whole thing yet, just googled for it:

http://www.austin3dhealth.com/docume...from%20ARL.pdf

Quote:
We just do basically a version of Fertility Awareness Method (FAM). We use "coitus interuptus" all the time except for a few times a month when I know I am safely far, far away from ovulating. I don't bother with temp and cervical checks, because this has worked for us for 5 years.

But if you do the full FAM program right, it is just as effective as any other type of birth control, as long as you either abstain or use another method during your fertile phase.

I would definitely look into this and get rid of that IUD!!!!

Quote:
I am allergic to penicillin, which is mold, correct? I'm leery about molds in general.
YES! I also am allergic to penicillin and molds. I believe it is because I was given penicillin-related abx (mostly amoxicillin) many times in my teens. I never had allergies before that!!! :
#255 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know the answer, but I'm VERY leery of the copper IUD b/c of the whole metals/minerals imbalance issue we may or may not have.
Quote:
cs, I think you need to get that thing out of you! And do the Doctors' Data test on yourself to see if copper is an issue for you. Here's a link about copper toxicity, didn't read the whole thing yet, just googled for it:

http://www.austin3dhealth.com/docume...from%20ARL.pdf
Aaaaah- . Have I mentioned that my brain is full right now? I know NOTHING about natural family planning... and it would make me nervous. DP and I conceived within a week of starting our relationship (we had known each other for much longer.) I don't know if I have the energy to learn right now... sigh.

#256 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah- and I'm also VERY allergic to penecillin. As is my mom. Interesting.

#257 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

Do you trust that he could pull out within a cushion of time that there would be no umm, discharge, beforehand? You have to do what feels most safe for you, but for me I would just take that option all the time for now, and then you can learn more about when your safe times are.

Pretty much the only rule we follow is to not have sex again right after, because there may still be residual sperm present. I have read that the notion that sperm may be present in the pre-ejaculatory fluid is a myth. The only time this is physiologically possible is when the man has ejaculated (either during previous intercourse or masturbation) just prior to it and did not urinate in between. So if he urinated in between, all the sperm would be washed away.

I understand being overloaded by info. I am there also. And feeling guilty because I have been on MDC ALL flippin' day while my kids occupy themselves playing Bionicles.
#258 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Aaaaah- . Have I mentioned that my brain is full right now? I know NOTHING about natural family planning... and it would make me nervous. DP and I conceived within a week of starting our relationship (we had known each other for much longer.) I don't know if I have the energy to learn right now... sigh.
It's not that hard to learn, really. And I can't think of another method that would be free of chemicals and stuff you don't want floating around in your body. FAM/NFP is as effective as the pill (or better) - if done properly. (You were probably right in the middle of the fertile time in that first week, something you would have known had you been charting or even just taking notice of mucus.) I was very skeptical of the method at first, but after 10+ years I can say that it works well.

We don't do the "pull out" thing. We just -don't- during the fertile time.

Kim mama to DS 12/2005, Pepper kitty , and 10/03, 1/05;
#259 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 09:00 PM

no advice on NFP, I still don't have ppaf at 26mo...

But I wanted to chime in that I'm allergic to amoxicillan, too! Unfortunately, I know that it's one thing dd is not allergic to...

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#260 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
We use "coitus interuptus" all the time except for a few times a month when I know I am safely far, far away from ovulating. I don't bother with temp and cervical checks, because this has worked for us for 5 years.
This is us, too. Although I don't have any "for sure" safe times right now since I don't know when i'm going to ovulate. my body is cycling w/o a period right now. it tries to ovulate every 4wks like clockwork. it's freaky. I get EWCM. I get the HSO cervix. I get the tender ovary. And then... nuthin. This is probably a clue into our situation with all the food chemicals, nutrition, etc, huh? Thinking.........

#261 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
This is us, too. Although I don't have any "for sure" safe times right now since I don't know when i'm going to ovulate. my body is cycling w/o a period right now.
That *was* us.
I've come to the conclusion (albeit too late) that if I *really* want him not to "interuptus" , it's definitely a time where he needs to be.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#262 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

What about the fact that I just started supplementing with zinc? That would counteract any excess copper that might be leaching from the IUD, no?

Blah... I guess I better go start lurking in the family planning forum.

#263 of 441 Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 PM

we pull n' pray but it wasnt easy for us to conceive dd and i was on the stupid pill for years. my cycle (when not on the pill ) has always been really far apart like 40-60 days, so i was taking ovu kits like mad to conceive dd. i never got one positive kit, but here she is, my little miracle.
of course now i havent had a period since aug 8 so....:

cs, it really speaks to the type of good people that you and dp are that you conceived early on in the relationship and have been through so much with dd's allergies and everything and have committed to each other and dd. bravo!
#264 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
cs, it really speaks to the type of good people that you and dp are that you conceived early on in the relationship and have been through so much with dd's allergies and everything and have committed to each other and dd. bravo!
Awwww- thanks. I think it's pretty amazing (and cool) that we've lasted too. It's only because DP is the most patient guy ever... and has put up with me through all my allergy-related mental breakdowns. He's a keeper for sure.

#265 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Awwww- thanks. I think it's pretty amazing (and cool) that we've lasted too. It's only because DP is the most patient guy ever... and has put up with me through all my allergy-related mental breakdowns. He's a keeper for sure.
That's so sweet!
#266 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 12:25 AM

our poor guys deal with a lot, dont they. i think its harder for dps to have to watch us go through all of it than if they just were doing the rotten diet themselves. im sure dh'd rather it be him than me. we're very lucky
#267 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 AM

Three cheers for our partners. Mine willingly follows our diet when home with us... he's such a blessing. FTR, we were married over 6 years before getting pregnant. Miss T came into being on an "accident", though luckily we were weeks away from TTC.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#268 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM

yep, having a supportive partner really helps. my guy trusts me 100% with our situation. Enough that ever since we got a modest inheritance from his grandma's estate, we're pretty much spending it all on HCPs - a year's chiro for the family ($1500/yr), homeopathy, shiatzu & TCM, and all my crazy supplements and weird food rotations & EDs.

having someone who you don't have to defend your position constantly is amazingly helpful. even when you waffle and feel crazy. DH lets me sit and ramble and talk thing out with him. I often say that things don't "count" unless I've said them outloud, and I will often contradict myself four times in 5 minutes, but it helps me get ideas out and make connections.

the positive side effect is that he is mostly there on the diet himself and has lost weight (good thing, he had a few extra lbs hanging around), healed a lot of his skin issues, and figured out his heartburn triggers.

i think when they see it in action i their own bodies, it helps immensely. he's also seen me cure my IBS & drop 30-40lbs (again, a good thing, had some extra fluff going on ) by cutting out gluten, soy & dairy. so, that's pretty powerful stuff.

ETA: DD1 was conceived the second I went off the pill, practically. We'd only been married 2.5m. We were planning on TTC the following month (figured it would take AT LEAST a cycle for my body to normalize) but didn't think it would happen so bloody fast. It's funny that our challenging LOs were so insistent on coming when then came. I think it speaks to a higher connection/reason for coming into our lives. Like I said in another thread: my LO came to heal me. I thank her for it continually. And I strive to remember this in the day to day stuff. I'm having issues with frustration and anger (yelling ) right now. Actually just sort of spikey outbursts when my frustration level peaks. I'm wondering how that correlates with all the stuff going on with us biochemically right now.

#269 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 AM

I'm going to chime in with the supportive partner craze. I'm so grateful that he accepts my "crazy" ideas and even drives me and ds's hours away from home in order to go see a recommended doctor, despite there being a doctor of the same specialty in town.
He doesn't really follow any of the diet (excepting being *mostly* dairy free) but he doesn't have any extra "fluff" to lose... Maybe he'd gain weight?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#270 of 441 Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm having issues with frustration and anger (yelling ) right now. Actually just sort of spikey outbursts when my frustration level peaks. I'm wondering how that correlates with all the stuff going on with us biochemically right now.
I am right there with you. It seems to be worse when my remedy wears off... the last few days have been miserable around here. I took another dose last night, and am starting to feel better already. But poor DD is going through something herself, and has been just STUCK to me for the last couple days- just the most clingy, whiny kid you've ever seen (which is not even close to her normal personality.) It seems like every time I'm feeling overwhelmed, she is too, which just makes me more frustrated... and then I start yelling. And then I feel like shit about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page