experiences with NAET? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those who've tried this, did it help with food intolerances? If it did, did it help with every food that was "cleared", or only with some? Did any food require more than one treatment?

And does anyone know how much the experience of the practitioner matters? There 2 practitioners in my area who have only been certified for 6 months and took the advanced course in December. There's a guy 3 hours away where my parents live who has been certified for about 10 years and has taken most of the different advanced courses. Obviously it'd be more convenient to go to the local ones, but if there's a better chance of success with the more experienced guy, I'd make the effort to go there...assuming I can convince DH!
#2 of 9 Old 02-21-2009, 02:22 PM

2 very experienced practitioners a year apart, lots of things said to be "cleared," none of them actually cleared. Not a good experience and very expensive.
#3 of 9 Old 02-21-2009, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
2 very experienced practitioners a year apart, lots of things said to be "cleared," none of them actually cleared. Not a good experience and very expensive.
Can you try something after it's supposed to be cleared, and then if it's not you can figure that NAET's not going to work for you (so you can stop before you spend a small fortune)? It's going to be a huge uphill battle to convince DH to let me try it, and if it doesn't work...one more strike against the "natural remedies".
#4 of 9 Old 02-21-2009, 08:40 PM

On the flip side, I know three people (one online, two IRL) who have done NAET for allergies and say it significantly improved their lives. My online friend says it literally saved her son's life. Both of the IRL friends say they saw 90-95% improvement. One of them was at the point where she was so reactive to everything (foods, chemicals, air) that she had to wear three masks when she went out in public. Today she says she is 95% better.

I am seeing a practicioner on Tuesday who does NAET plus JMT plus homeopathic stuff; I plan to post how it goes as my treatments progress.
#5 of 9 Old 02-22-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
Can you try something after it's supposed to be cleared, and then if it's not you can figure that NAET's not going to work for you (so you can stop before you spend a small fortune)? It's going to be a huge uphill battle to convince DH to let me try it, and if it doesn't work...one more strike against the "natural remedies".
The frustrating thing about it to me is that there was always a reason why something didn't "clear" completely, despite following the protocol AND getting the all clear from the muscle test. Oh, you're not cleared? Well, then, you must not be emotionally cleared. Oh, still not cleared? Well, you'll have to wait til we get to treatment #378 to get the last components of such and such food cleared from your body. And no, you can't jump to that treatment because Namburipad has this special order that must be followed. And of course, the last components of the most common allergens are at the VERY end, after you've spent $60 per visit, 3 visits a week for hundreds of "allergens" (very broadly defined) etc. And furthermore, the practitioners said that many allergens don't "stay cleared," so you're looking at maintenance the rest of your life. The practitioners I saw were trained at the highest levels, too. It's just so. . . ugh. I feel like it's the whole "virgin chicken" scenario (were you here for that discussion? If not, let me know and I'll explain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIris View Post
On the flip side, I know three people (one online, two IRL) who have done NAET for allergies and say it significantly improved their lives. My online friend says it literally saved her son's life. Both of the IRL friends say they saw 90-95% improvement. One of them was at the point where she was so reactive to everything (foods, chemicals, air) that she had to wear three masks when she went out in public. Today she says she is 95% better.

I am seeing a practicioner on Tuesday who does NAET plus JMT plus homeopathic stuff; I plan to post how it goes as my treatments progress.
I know one rl person who swears it helped her and her family, even her skeptical dh. I don't disbelieve her, but I'm very logically minded and I can see alternative reasons for why she felt that certain allergens were "cleared." Of course, someone just might think I'm cynical, which is entirely possible.

Another example of why NAET frustrates me: I met another person (not a friend, just someone I met) who was gushing about how NAET got rid of her ds's allergens. So, I asked for more details about her ds (who was supposedly cleared as a baby, but was now a toddler). So, she tells me that even though the child had been cleared of his allergies, they hardly ever consumed the foods he was allergic to (dairy and wheat), but for various reasons, they had started eating more dairy and wheat products and now her ds was getting little red bumps around his mouth and eczema. So, TO ME, that says the child was never really RID of the allergen. They just stopped eating it, so the symptoms abated. To her, it was evidence that he needed to go in to get cleared again, like maintenance.

I've heard others split hairs about what "clear" means. Is the allergy gone? Are the symptoms just gone, but the allergy is still there (and whatever does that mean?!)? But I've read Namburipad's book and she clearly states that the allergen is gone. She gives "case studies" about how she cleared a patient of some IgE allergen and then, had him/her allergy tested (RAST, I think) and there was no raised IgE anymore. Others have said that certain allergens can be cleared, but not anaphylactic ones, but Namburipad says in her book that ana ones CAN be cleared.

It seems like every practitioner makes up new rules for NAET, even those who've been certified. Stay 3 feet away from the foods, stay 5 feet away, do the clicky thing on the back this many times or in this pattern, not that way, can clear peanuts, can't clear peanuts, etc. etc.

UGH. Sorry, I'm ranting. I'm just equal parts disgusted that I spent the money, frustrated that it didn't work, and sick to death of these allergies.
#6 of 9 Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We haven't tried it, but our healthcare provider does it (she's long-distance at this point, so trying it with her isn't an easy option), she's totally convinced it works, but I've gotta say I think there's physical healing that mostly needs to happen first (though of course she's the professional and I'm not). I mean--heck, she suggested considering it for my husband--finding someone local to us to do it, not travelling to her--I'm guessing his gut is quite leaky, his adrenals are definitely fatigued and that may be part of what's dragging him down and slowing his healing--she thinks considering it now may help, but I think his body probably needs more time to heal before NAET could help. We talked about NAET a year or so ago, and she did mention that if there's an underlying, ongoing problem (we were talking about metals and mercury issues in particular), an allergen like wheat could be cleared but it would recur, and then you'd be in that ongoing, never-ending maintenance thing for treatments until you dealt with the underlying issue.
#7 of 9 Old 02-23-2009, 07:03 PM

i am doing n.a.e.t with my ds 3. we did some "bioset" treatments (computer testing) a year ago with some success. i have "perfume" allergy, was making me really ill and now if i'm around perfume my throat might hurt alittle but i dont have the emotional upheavel, hives, tears, inabilility to breathe etc. so i tried it with ds. This Fall we went to a chiropractor who specializes in kids and she insisted on the naet treatments. interesting two naturopaths (his dentist is a naturopath) and the chiro have all claimed the same allergies for him. he has become very upset/difficult after two treatments for calcium and sugar that they have all said he is very allergic too. his eczema (behind one knee) is looking alot better. i am hopeful that these treatments will help him heal. he has had ecc since 15mts but only two small cavities in the past two years (one each fall) i'll report back if i think the n.a.e.t was a success
#8 of 9 Old 02-23-2009, 10:32 PM

Not naet, but we did craniobiotic technique, which I really will write a detailed post about later. He did naet training before, but finds his method more effective and easier (at least, that is what he says). Plus you can treat however many things you want at one time. What I did like a lot about him was that he told us immediately that so many intolerances are probably some other issue, most likely one of her organs not functioning well. I expected this, but it was comforting to know that he wasn't going to milk us for treating everything we said she was intolerant of (a very long list). In the end her liver had issues, which he treated, along with a few other things. It was much, much quicker than the naet process sounds, and I am sure it was cheaper. And, after a gazillion elimination diets, supplements without end, anti-fungals and a ton of money towards a naturopath, all with no results, dd finally has clear skin!! And she is eating butter. Strictly speaking she is supposed to be able to eat everything (he said she was only allergic to casein, wheat, msg, soy, chocolate, oranges and egg white... a few of those that went away after he treated her liver), but I am taking it slow. I think it will take a while for her liver to heal and for her to tolerate everything. She is eating oranges and butter without problems. And I am eating chocolate, goat's milk kefir and oranges. And we eat all the other things we avoided before. Blissful freedom!
Aside from having better skin, dd is sleeping, not screaming for an hour after her nap, taking real naps, not just 30 min ones, and she is happy, happy happy. I am so thankful. We were very skeptical, but very desperate. I am so glad we risked it. Also, we never could have done naet, because we are only in the US for a short time.
I don't look at this as the full answer for us, I think she needs some more nutritional help and liver support, but this was the best start we could have asked for.
His site is http://www.allertouch.com/ and he did train people in the past, so you might be able to find someone who does it closer to you. Just google it.
You can pm me if you want if this sounds like something you want to pursue or if you want more info.
#9 of 9 Old 12-29-2011, 12:13 PM

hi gang..

ive used naet for years and its really helped me alot..but you have to see the doctors on the naet website because they know how to do it rite....dont go to a doctor who says they can do it rite but are not on the naet website.and if you follow direction itll work 4 you..good luck.

coonsanders

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page