Detox while breastfeeding - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 123 Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mama's, I searched for a thread like this but I am completely overwhelmed with all the info as I have never done a detox and have no idea about any of it. I dont have time to read through all of the thread right now but I was wondering where is some beginner info? As in how do you identify what needs to be detoxed, the things that detox and the side effects, especially since I am still bf my LO. I have been sick for 10 days(cold/cough/congestion/dizzy) and just in general have been feeling very worn down, I am now having some stomach issues as well and am under a good deal of stress so please point me in the right direction!! TIA
#122 of 123 Old 06-02-2010, 01:42 PM

I would not consider any kind of detox unless you have learned a lot - there are some big risks. With your current symptoms, I would look at nutrient support - good, nutrient dense foods, and some supplements - a good B complex (ideally with folate, not folic acid, Thorne makes a good basic B complex), A, D, K2, C, sublingual B12, trace minerals, magnesium. Being sick runs down nutrients even more, so this is where I would start.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#123 of 123 Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM

helpful cautions in this thread!

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page