Happy Spring!! Chat thread: March 21 - 27 - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 468 Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whoMe - funny you mention biotin. This is one of my open tabs right now...

I got cocky (har har) with the eggs. (Local) ducks' eggs really and truly seemed to be okay, and even on looking back though the food journal, they are fine. No idea what they were fed. Chickens' eggs - local, free-range & organic, though fed goat's milk & corn & soy - are just so out. We had them Wed & Fri. Aev skipped her nap Wed & Fri. Lily had full scale nuclear meltdowns after lunch (had them for breakfast both days) on Wed & Fri. Lily has a neck rash and Aev has a patch of "dry skin" (read: will turn into eczema if it's scratched much or if I don't lotion the heck out of it) on her legs now.

I'm confused because we added in goat's dairy a few weeks ago and we've had a bit more this week than previous ones (though still not much: a bit of yogurt and some cheese). Lily love, love, LOVES it. Aevryn despises it. I like it well enough, but I wouldn't be too sad to lose it again. Lily has an IgE cow's milk allergy.... Just thinking out loud here... I go grocery shopping on Monday mornings. We will finish up the yogurt tomorrow and then I won't get any next week and we'll see how things go.

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#452 of 468 Old 03-28-2009, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl5 View Post
So, from reading this forum, I now know I have midline issues (sacral dimple, furry patch at base of my spine, palate divided by a ridge, etc.), as does my two-years younger brother (he's missing a chest muscle - poland syndrome? - though, no webbed hands...).
My brother who's 3 years older than me has Poland's Syndrome too. He's missing a pectoral muscle but no other issues (except digestive which he refuses to admit to). Isn't that weird? I've never met anyone else who has even heard of it before! They found his in the Army (after he'd already been in about 15 years) and when my brother told my parents, they said, "Oh yeah, we knew that. We must not have told you...." WHAT?!?!?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#453 of 468 Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menomena View Post

I got cocky (har har) with the eggs.

<snip>

I'm confused because we added in goat's dairy a few weeks ago and we've had a bit more this week than previous ones (though still not much: a bit of yogurt and some cheese). Lily love, love, LOVES it. Aevryn despises it. I like it well enough, but I wouldn't be too sad to lose it again. Lily has an IgE cow's milk allergy.... Just thinking out loud here... I go grocery shopping on Monday mornings. We will finish up the yogurt tomorrow and then I won't get any next week and we'll see how things go.
I vote to stop the goat's milk cheese (10x the casein of milk), especially for IgE cow allergy. Only (raw, preferred) cultured goat's milk for IgG, imo.

Dairy builds up agitation behavioral reactions over a few weeks exposure for many folks.

Not sure about the eggs, seems less likely, imo. Rash yes, behavior-less common, I believe. Are chicken eggs IgE? If not, I'd stop and rotate the duck eggs in less frequently, for a while, to settle the gut.

Pat

I have a blog.
#454 of 468 Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 PM

JR, check out this post about reflux and fermented veggies: http://heal-thyself.ning.com/forum/t...160Comment2753

Seems to have completely reversed my friend's reflux condition after just a few weeks of eating fermented veggies with each meal. She's been eating the Rejuvenative Foods Veggie Delight Zing Salad -- http://www.rejuvenative.com/catalog_vd.htm

Looks interesting!

Pat

I have a blog.
#455 of 468 Old 03-28-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
What if you have WEAK nails & KP? That's my daughter. And very dry skin. She feels like sandpaper.
Carren- I was thinking back over my timeline... and we started drinking our nutrient tea and dosing with chickweed tincture at the same time we started iodine. So who knows. Maybe its all of the above that is improving things for us. I definitely feel positive effects from both the iodine and the tea, and Taslyn is getting some of both directly. I'm certain that our nutrient stores are improving.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#456 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 AM

I'm just now admitting I'm having some mood/motivation-type issues right now (well, building for a few weeks now, lack of motivation, feeling worn down, avoiding stuff I need to do, like that) and I think I know how I want to deal with it, but any good vibes/short prayers/positive thoughts would be appreciated. With my husband not feeling very good, he's extra-susceptible to my bad moods and then it brings the whole household down, so I really need to snap myself out of it. And taxes are due in less than 3 weeks!

eta--yeah, it's detoxification related, I think I mobilized a lot during my last round and haven't caught up yet. I hope this is done someday, at the moment it feels like my progress is tiny and the end is so far, far away. Which is not reality, but my backlog of metals is skewing my perception. Hey, I'm glad I can recognize it, right?
#457 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
I'm just now admitting I'm having some mood/motivation-type issues right now (well, building for a few weeks now, lack of motivation, feeling worn down, avoiding stuff I need to do, like that) and I think I know how I want to deal with it, but any good vibes/short prayers/positive thoughts would be appreciated. With my husband not feeling very good, he's extra-susceptible to my bad moods and then it brings the whole household down, so I really need to snap myself out of it. And taxes are due in less than 3 weeks!

eta--yeah, it's detoxification related, I think I mobilized a lot during my last round and haven't caught up yet. I hope this is done someday, at the moment it feels like my progress is tiny and the end is so far, far away. Which is not reality, but my backlog of metals is skewing my perception. Hey, I'm glad I can recognize it, right?
:

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#458 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 AM

Tanya, I can so relate to everyone feeding off my moods.
You'll get through it

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#459 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry I went MIA today. DH was going to Salem (which I think I mentioned) but he surprised me with a babysitter and I went too. I had a great time just hanging around adults all day.
I will be working on the new chat thread tomorrow (which is a day late to me ). Thanks for the well wishes and thinking of me.
I didn't really read much, just skimmed through b/c DH wants attention. Will see you tomorrow!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#460 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM

So glad you had a good day JR.

Tanya -sending support and patience your way. I think FEs could really help you right now. Hugs.

We are moving in a couple of days. Only feeling a little excitment mostly sadness. Also we officially turned down the affordable housing townhouse we were trying to get. We saw it a couple of weeks ago and didn't love it. The company called yesterday to tell us we could have it if we wanted. I had to say no. It is the right decision but I'm afraid it was our last chance for ownership. Starting homes here are usually300,000.
Off to move into a really lovely apartment, in a really lovely neighborhood with tons of other homesvhoolers, closer to our hs center, much closer to dh's work, with a dishwasher and washer and dryer (things I've never had in my life). Oh yeah next to the city , near walden pond. So why am I sad? I will miss my sunrises over the marsh, chatting with moms outside of my door watching a gaggle of boys running and tumbling about in our shared yard. I thinkin going through a mourning process .

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#461 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 AM

Yeah, goat's dairy is so out. We got the pee rxn last night. It took 4 days of for it to build up. She peed three times last night, the last of which was a full on accident in her undies; but she took herself w/o a fit, so it's weird, but a clear signal to me. I did not know that goat's milk had so much casein! I had always heard that it was easier to digest b/c it was more like human milk.

She is not IgE to eggs, at least per the tests. So, I'll stop the goat's dairy AND eggs, let everything settle. If duck eggs are still available (I'm hoping to contact the farmer directly, or possibly get our own ducks & geese) we'll try those again and not worry about the chicken eggs. The thing about chicken eggs is that when we've trialed them previously (I REALLY want them to work, ) even without other "suspect" foods, we've still observed an apparent build-up behavior rxn. Though, that could have been sulfur sensitivity in the past, which might be less of an issue now that we're opening up pathways and seem to tolerate onions and other high sulfur foods. And I'm officially rambling. Woo.

Lisa, I am very interested in your nutrient tea. I wrote down the ingredients way back when you posted them before. I hesitate over the oat straw. But I'm not sure why. It just gives me pause, I guess.

Tanya, I hope you start to feel the worth of your efforts soon.

JR, a day in the company of adults! Sounds fabulous. Good DH!

Mammo2Sammo, good for you for holding out for the right living situation. And yes, moving can be a grieving process for sure.

Nessa, DD1 (5) DD2 (3) & expecting again in late February/early March!
#462 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post

Tanya -sending support and patience your way. I think FEs could really help you right now. Hugs.

We are moving in a couple of days. Only feeling a little excitment mostly sadness. Also we officially turned down the affordable housing townhouse we were trying to get. We saw it a couple of weeks ago and didn't love it. The company called yesterday to tell us we could have it if we wanted. I had to say no. It is the right decision but I'm afraid it was our last chance for ownership. Starting homes here are usually300,000.
Off to move into a really lovely apartment, in a really lovely neighborhood with tons of other homesvhoolers, closer to our hs center, much closer to dh's work, with a dishwasher and washer and dryer (things I've never had in my life). Oh yeah next to the city , near walden pond. So why am I sad? I will miss my sunrises over the marsh, chatting with moms outside of my door watching a gaggle of boys running and tumbling about in our shared yard. I thinkin going through a mourning process .
Where are you moving to? I live in Carlisle, next to Concord. I believe you'll be nearby. Perhaps we can meet? Wouldn't that be grand?

Your old living arrangement sounds lovely.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#463 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:

I have been feeling this way for a few weeks too...not sure what the answer is, but I did just get a new FE, and that will help.
#464 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Okay, I figured I should start a new thread, so here it is...

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1062877

I'm still working on the appropriate links, if you have suggestions, lemme know.
#465 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I'm just now admitting I'm having some mood/motivation-type issues right now
Bach flower remedies, Elm and Hornbeam will fix that! :

Pat

I have a blog.
#466 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post

<snip>

I thinkin going through a mourning process .
Some Bach flower Aspen or Honeysuckle, or Wild Rose could help.

Pat

I have a blog.
#467 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menomena View Post
Yeah, goat's dairy is so out.
Have you done the pink pee test? What about stomach acid? What about cultured raw dairy? What about egg yolks only? Maybe focus on adding a smidgen of fermented vegetable juice to help with increasing stomach acid. Or lemon in water first thing in the day, to help with digestion of the proteins.

Pat

I have a blog.
#468 of 468 Old 03-29-2009, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Tanya has started this week's new chat here. Thanks, Tanya!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page