Chat Thread: March 28 - April 3 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 View Post
thank you for thinking of me! i didnt get to read through the whole thread but i wanted to reply to this for sheezy. i had heard about this somewhere through the grapevine when all he!! was breaking loose for me last fall. it's really a very scary thing that something that's supposed to increase your health can result in life-threatening circumstances. it further validates all of Pat's efforts to get us eatin our nutrients.
my oncologist wanted me to drop all supps except for one multi per day, but i keep trying so desperately to open our pathways and heal our guts and everything that i cant seem to replace them with foods. for me, the high eos *seemed* to be related to the clo (since im still taking all the other supps. i havent read anything about anyone else having issues with the twinlabs clo so im thinking it's just me. its quite a coincidence that my eos have gone totally nuts like that and im slowly losing foods while ella cant tolerate just about any foods at all. seems like eos are not our friends.
I forgot to say too (not that this information is quite as important now, but just in case your eos ever decide to go crazy again..) that he mentions someone who is an expert in eos stuff- I think he said the name was Jerry Glick or something like that.

And not that I'm disagreeing about the importance of eating your nutrients, but the whole epidemic was based on it being a GMO food source that the supp was made from. So the same thing could happen (and has happened) from eating GMO food, or even what you think is non-GMO but has been contaminated by x-pollination. Scary stuff.

Speaking of GMO... Liz Lipski is having another teleseminar next Wednesday and Dr. Jeffrey Smith is the guest speaker (he's the one on this video that I'm watching), talking about GMO stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
M- Sorry to hear that you're losing foods. I wanted to say that TwinLab CLO was not good for us... Our lives got alot better after we quit using it. I still have a bottle in the fridge that I test occasionally, and its never passed the crystal test again- in the 8 months since we put it away.
Too bad. We're using the TwinLabs one and haven't had any problems with it. Which one do you use now Lisa? I really want to get some of the GP Blue Ice Raw fermented... but it's like $40 compared to $6 for TwinLab, so I just haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money.

I am so tired tonight. We spent 6 hours in the car today- no, make that in and OUT of the car - looking at houses. DD was not impressed one bit. And on top of it, she's having huge reactions again all of a sudden and her face (which was just starting to heal from the apple reaction) is all bubbly and starting to open up again today.

Ok, done with my rambly post now...

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#392 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 AM

Disregulation of an enzyme (GAD) used to synthesize GABA from glutamate, along with a downregulation of a protein called reelin, is implicated in schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. This same enzyme (there are actually 2 forms) is/are the target of the auto-antibodies responsible for diabetes.
Reelin expression increases when the liver is damaged. (could this be why so many people with bipolar and schizophrenia have some form of addictions issues? They're instinctively trying to damage their liver to increase their reelin?)
The cells in the adrenal gland responsible for synthesizing reelin are the same ones responsible for producing epinephrine, norepinephrine and enkephalins. Enkephalins bind to opiod receptors and either leucine or methionine is required for their production. Tyrosine is also necessary for producing this hormone.
The same cells in the liver which produce reelin are also responsible for storing vitamin A.
All of that because what I was reading about taurine kept mentioning GABA, so I decided to read about GABA again...

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#393 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
I don't remember having a labial frenulum, but I could be wrong. I only saw anything mentioned about this in conjunction with a labial frenulum, so it doesn't surprise me that you had one and it kind of confused me because, like I said, I don't remember having one... so I thought maybe I was mistaking what it meant, yk?
Do you get food caught on either side of it sometimes that you have to clean out?
Mine's not that deep, but the pictures on Whome's thread in dental might shed some light on it for you. There area couple of good ones of the roof of the mouth.

<>< Alison
#394 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
And not that I'm disagreeing about the importance of eating your nutrients, but the whole epidemic was based on it being a GMO food source that the supp was made from. So the same thing could happen (and has happened) from eating GMO food, or even what you think is non-GMO but has been contaminated by x-pollination. Scary stuff.
My gran was so ticked when she found out about GMO. I believe her exact words were "They're trying to kill us all."
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrid View Post
Mine's not that deep, but the pictures on Whome's thread in dental might shed some light on it for you. There area couple of good ones of the roof of the mouth.
I'll move over there.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#395 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 PM

CS- no CLO here. When I dropped the TwinLabs, I started beta-carotene drops (for a few months, then switched to green juice) and high dose vitamin D and liquid K2. After everything I've read, and everywhere we've been, I don't think we'll go back to CLO.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#396 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
CS- no CLO here. When I dropped the TwinLabs, I started beta-carotene drops (for a few months, then switched to green juice) and high dose vitamin D and liquid K2. After everything I've read, and everywhere we've been, I don't think we'll go back to CLO.
Can you talk about how you feel confident that you're converting the beta-carotene into A? I feel this deep doubt that I will ever be good at that--which is irrational, because it's normal to not convert when one has thyroid problems, but my thyroid's a heckuva lot better than it used to be, and will keep getting better and be great. But I am still skeptical that I can either get enough pre-formed A (ala Price in N&PD--do you think he's just really wrong on the preformed fat-soluble vitamins? would love to hear thoughts) from food or convert enough beta-carotene to be in good shape. So I'd love to hear a bit more about your journey.
#397 of 397 Old 04-04-2009, 04:12 PM

New chat thread is up, when everyone's ready.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page