Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pesticides in Produce.

Apples are very high.

RANK FRUIT OR VEGGIE SCORE

1 (worst)Peach100 (highest pesticide load)

2 Apple
3 Sweet Bell Pepper
4 Celery
5 Nectarine
6 Strawberries
7 Cherries
8 Kale
9 Lettuce
10 Grapes - Imported

11 Carrot
12 Pear
13 Collard Greens
14 Spinach
15 Potato
16 Green Beans
17 Summer Squash
18 Pepper
19 Cucumber

20 Raspberries
21 Grapes - Domestic
22 Plum
23 Orange
24 Cauliflower
25 Tangerine

http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php

Pat

I have a blog.
#422 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have we already talked about plastic bottles? I just read in Reader's Digest about PLA (polylactic acid) or bioplastics, made from corn and soybeans. How do we find out if the plastic bottles things come in are made from this stuff? And does the "stuff" (allergens) leech out of those when warm just like they leech out of the regular plastic? Since soy is a top 8 allergen, shouldn't something say? It says "Wal-mart, Wild Oats, and Newman's Own Organics now use at least some PLA packaging). Isn't Wild Oats now owned by Whole Foods?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#423 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Take 5 is waiting on me/dd in the fridge. I'm hopeful. If you want to experiment, the basis is tapioca glue, plus flour/fat to make a roll-able dough, and add salt, nutritional yeast and turmeric to cheddar-ify them. I'm working on proportions of the seasonings, cause when they're off, they taste kinda like cheesy cardboard...
How close are you to a recipe? I'd kill for cheddar bunnies.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#424 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Take 5 is waiting on me/dd in the fridge. I'm hopeful. If you want to experiment, the basis is tapioca glue, plus flour/fat to make a roll-able dough, and add salt, nutritional yeast and turmeric to cheddar-ify them. I'm working on proportions of the seasonings, cause when they're off, they taste kinda like cheesy cardboard...
So lemme guess, you just want someone else eating the cheesy cardboard, LOL!

I found this recipe for vegan goldfish, I thought it might help with some of the quantities (uses wheat flour, but that's easier for me to figure out subbing...). I'll get ingredients when I go to the store today, I'm out of nutritional yeast.

Is tapioca glue something you do from buckwheat pete? (Been meaning to buy that, but still haven't yet).

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#425 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Hmm.
So, I made BW Pete's bread last night and I'm having the same problem as with the bagels.It's doughy- almost seems like it's not baked- even though I baked it like twice as long as it says to because my toothpick kept coming out sticky.
What am I doing wrong?! I *swear* I followed his directions exactly. (other than the baking time)

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#426 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM

mamafish, yeah, it's bw pete's tapioca glue (which is also the secret in chebe).

JR, is it humid? Maybe the more flour/less glue version would help? Fwiw, I'm having the same issue when I try to make buns, but I figured it was because I don't bother to set a timer I wonder if changing the oven temp would help?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#427 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
mamafish, yeah, it's bw pete's tapioca glue (which is also the secret in chebe).

JR, is it humid? Maybe the more flour/less glue version would help? Fwiw, I'm having the same issue when I try to make buns, but I figured it was because I don't bother to set a timer I wonder if changing the oven temp would help?
It's always humid. I live in a temperate rainforest. I barely managed to get all the flour into the glue last night... I was wondering if the oven temp would help too... Hmm.
And, for those who may ask, yes I did preheat the oven.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#428 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM

Anyone have a favorite coconut oil? I'm almost out and too tired to think it through.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#429 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM

I love the Nutiva coconut oil.

I haven't had a problem with the humidity with buckwheat pete's recipes. I just keep working the dough until all the flour gets in. Sometimes I use tapioca and sometimes I use sweet potato flour.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#430 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Hmm.
So, I made BW Pete's bread last night and I'm having the same problem as with the bagels.It's doughy- almost seems like it's not baked- even though I baked it like twice as long as it says to because my toothpick kept coming out sticky.
What am I doing wrong?! I *swear* I followed his directions exactly. (other than the baking time)

Where's your flour from? I think I have an off batch of flour from Azure Standard - I can't cook Kathy's buckwheat pancake/waffle recipe without it burning on the outside and not cooking in the middle. I've made them dozens of times before with a problem.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#431 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Can't blame the flour. It's the same flour I've been using all along*. First time (since last May or so) trying to make BW Pete's bread. I think what I'm experiencing would best be described as an IUE.

*rice flour from the Asian market

#432 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Where's your flour from? I think I have an off batch of flour from Azure Standard - I can't cook Kathy's buckwheat pancake/waffle recipe without it burning on the outside and not cooking in the middle. I've made them dozens of times before with a problem.
I still only use the light buckwheat flour from Bouchard Family Farm. I don't like any other buckwheat flour.

Quote:
Can't blame the flour. It's the same flour I've been using all along*. First time (since last May or so) trying to make BW Pete's bread. I think what I'm experiencing would best be described as an IUE.

*rice flour from the Asian market
What's IUE? Am I dense?

#433 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
What's IUE? Am I dense?
No, it's a techy thing... IUE = Incompetent User Error

#434 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 PM

Can B12 give you a stuffy nose? So stuffy since after taking it (perque brand !! two thumbs up, easy and tasty). My boys have sore throats though, so it can be the beginning of it for me.

DH has been out of town for two days, two days to go. We are doing ok, except that my 6 year old has decided that he won't help with any household work. ugh. I'm feeling stuck, really stuck. We shy away from punishments/rewards, but I really need his help right now.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#435 of 1021 Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
No, it's a techy thing... IUE = Incompetent User Error
Sadly, I know what that is, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
We are doing ok, except that my 6 year old has decided that he won't help with any household work. ugh. I'm feeling stuck, really stuck. We shy away from punishments/rewards, but I really need his help right now.
How about "natural consequences" - when I used to take troubled teens on long canoe trips, we had a "part of the group" rule - if you want to benefit from group/family stuff, you have to participate. So we won't starve you, but if you want the good group (hot cooked) dinner, you need to collect firewood. Otherwise we'll feed you, but it will be cold pita. We had a lot of kids that came from dumb reward/punishment environments, and this seemed to work pretty well. Don't know if it translates for a 6yo, but maybe? E.g. if you don't help me clean up, then I won't have time to cook you a yummy dinner, you'll get ... (whatever is fast and unappealing, LOL). If you don't help pick up toys from the floor, we'll never find the TV remote that has *mysteriously* disappeared.

So, we tried cheddar bunnies. Here's what we did, in case anyone else wants to experiment. Boil 1/2c coconut oil and 1/2c water, take off heat, add 1 3/4c tapioca. Cool 15 min or so. Add 1c sorghum flour, 2tbsp nutritional yeast, 1tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp salt, 1tsp paprika, 1/2tsp onion powder, 1tbsp vinegar. Had to add sprinkle some more water as we kneaded it to get it all to stick together. Squish flat (dough wouldn't quite roll), cut into cracker shapes, bake 10-12min @375.

Verdict - good taste. Stuck together well. DS and DD have been horking them. Not quite as cheesy tasting as I was hoping, and didn't rise (I think all the kneading killed the baking soda. Next time I might try the method in this recipe and see what happens. I also might try adding some herbs, and using shortening or ghee in place of coconut oil.

#436 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wugmama View Post
My dh emailed me at work yesterday morning to tell me he was moving out that day and wants a divorce. ...
Tracy, I'm so sorry. You are a strong woman.

Quote:
The doctor's appointment went fairly well. She's pretty crunchy, but still an md and many of her crunchy ways are different - not totally the way I would do it. I think I will bring up my own thread for a discussion about it.
ex. she ordered great tests for thyroid, vit d, etc - but she thinks that people get enough iodine through iodized salt and sea salt.
she was accepting of the hair test but prefers to do a provoked and unprovoked urine test. She doesn't think the boys need chelation, but would suggest I do it ALA/DMSA before I get pregnant (if I decide to), even though I have a filling. She thinks our allergy patterns suggest I struggle with mercury and would like to try to prevent further problems with my third. etc. see what I mean? I am hoping I can make suggestions as to what I want even if it is a little different than she normally does.
A lot of the time, I think the best we can expect for some of these really tricky situations is a helper. Not someone who knows everything, but someone we can lean on some, but also pull in information from other sources. So you learn on your own, ignore some of what she says (say: I'm not comfortable with X, I feel that Y is the risk I am comfortable with, or something like that) and lean on her for stuff that _is_ helpful. So if you want to chelate with ALA and DMSA, get your fillings replaced first, read some stuff to do to help with that, and then lean on her for nutritional support during chelation. If you're going to chelate with both DMSA and ALA, there's no need to do a urine test at all, you'll get a wide variety of metals with those two and symptomatically you can tell when your current dosage of DMSA and/or ALA is mobilizing less. I don't know what I'm mobilizing, but I can tell it's less than it was a year ago. Like that. Not the turn-key easy solution, but you can do it. Does she have any experience chelating kids? If she does, but doesn't think yours need it, you can say you disagree and what does she suggest for other kids. You may not find she's compatible, and I wouldn't say stay with her if that's the case, but if it's an okay fit, or she's somewhat helpful, take the good and leave the rest. Not an easy topic.

Quote:
Just found a really cool site - written by someone like me, sharing what she's learned while trying to address her own health issues. She doesn't really say what to *do,* but she talks a lot about Weston A Price, nutrient deficiencies, genetics (including mthfr), jaw size, birth defects, (low) cholesterol, and how they're all related...
http://www.ctds.info/connective_disorders1.html
And this is the nutrition book she recommends:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...heritedconn-20

I really like her site, I ran across it trying to figure out our vitamin K weirdness. It helped solidify some things. She recommends Super Nutrition for Women? I guess that's why I bought that book (no, I don't have memory issues, why do you ask? ) , I wasn't incredibly impressed. I've skimmed a few times and not learned a lot new and I disagree with some of the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waluso View Post
I have a question about some tests I had run back in March. I was looking at them for a dr appt this afternoon and wondering whether I have any deficiencies (after I had them taken I was focused on other issues and didn't focus on these results). The following were my results:

Iron, Total - value 82 - range 20-160
Transferrin - value 317 - range 230-520
Transferrin Sat - value 26 - range 20-60
Ferritin - value 27 - range 5-114 Very low. Mine was 71 and both my HCPs wanted me to supp iron, thought it could be involved in my fatigue. It wasn't, but 27 is too low.
Vitamin B12 - value 182 - range 200-1000 (I know this one's low) I think you want it in the upper half, maybe upper third of the reference range.
Folate, RBC - value 194 - range 95-570 no idea, but more probably wouldn't hurt given that so many of us have detoxification issues--though B12 is probably more a limiting factor for you--in fact, if you supp B12, you could decrease your folate by using it up
Vit D - value 31 (I know this one's low)

They were all within range except B12 and D but I know that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't too low. Thoughts?

I am excited about this dr apt this afternoon. The dr is a pediatrician and his website says he "uses an integrative approach to pediatric care, combining the best of both conventional and alternative medicine to provide holistic well-child care and to treat children with autism, ADHD, chronic pain, gastrointestinal issues, allergies, asthma, and a variety of other problems." I am hoping he can give us a second opinion on DD and whether we should get a full eval for potential behavioral development delay (I've already put her on a wait list for an eval) and some new insight on the food issues.
Cool, I hope he's a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
So today I took some NAC, selenium and molybdenim and had a headaches within seconds of so doing...the source is good for us, I use other products just fine, so not xcon related. What is blocked, I wonder?
How do you do with sulfur foods? Eggs, onions/alliums, um, I forgot the others? I'd assume the NAC first off, selenium and molybdenum aren't nearly as likely to have bad effects (though NAC is good for quite a few people, just not universally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

In fact, we both seem to be feeling quite good. So there.

Yay!!

We stopped on the way home to visit a friend who says that a long time ago she started to get really sickly and had a hair test which showed super high lead levels. She "chelated" with apple pectin for 6 months and fixed everything...

I just get concerned because I've had such a gap between the start of my downhill path and actually feeling bad. I worry that, if we don't get the vast majority of this stuff out (I doubt ALL is truly possible) then subtle problems will crop up later and it'll be harder to see that it's related.

I still have some research to do before my decision is final, but I think I'm going to have the single worst broken amalgam removed and replaced with composite ASAP- and see how it treats us. Gulp.
I'm glad Pat gave you a list of things to read. Even with good protocols, I had mercury symptoms from my removal, and I was lucky enough to be sick enough to feel it. I don't think I got more mercury than anyone else, most people just have some resilience to deal with it, and back then I didn't.

Quote:
I have a great fruit whip recipe from The Garden of Eating that contains apple pectin (we can't have). It's yummy. I think they use apple pectin quite a bit in their recipes. Worth checking out Lisa.

Tanya - I mentioned the fruit whip to you . wow really yummy. I've tried adding extra sunbutter and no fruit. double yummy. If we could do chocolate, I would make the sunbutter version, take half out of my food processor and then add chocolate. yum, yum, yummy, yum, yum.
Thank you for the reminder, maybe I'll crack open The Garden of Eating tomorrow and try something in addition to Kathy's soy-free teriyaki which is planned for tomorrow's dinner.

So, went to a homeschool coop planning session today. Leading at least one lesson is mandatory, so since someone suggested Life Science as the overall theme for September, I suggested Bacteria and the Human Body. I can think of some cool things to do, but it's intimidating to stand in front of ten 5-8 year olds and talk for an hour and a half and lead the in activities and make it fun and developmentally appropriate. I mentioned I don't do public speaking well? But I'm sorta psyched too, at least I am interested and somewhat knowledgeable on the topic.

And I got the report from the speech therapist office, it's weird. DS scored at least a little above average on everything, *including* the articulation test, but she agreed that he's very difficult to understand in conversational speech and recommended speech therapy. And she put it in writing that he has a short frenulum, so that's helpful for my next talk with our pedi. I think I have a good argument that I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

ETA: can I get an award for the longest single post in this thread?
#437 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
ETA: can I get an award for the longest single post in this thread?

(That's the best I could find. )

#438 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 12:43 AM

So, milk thistle. I want to support DS' liver, especially if we are going to be trying to remove metals - and since clearly he doesn't detox very well right now, it seems like liver support is a good first step. I tried a glycerin extract, and it tastes awful, so I'm taking that (anyone know if it passes through bm?).

DH picked up some milk thistle capsules today, and I busted one open - it's pretty tasteless in powder form, so that seems like it should be easy enough to mix with food. The capsules have 350mg milk thistle in them, 80% silymarin - so about 300mg silymarin. Dosing suggestion is 1-3 caps/day for an adult. Any idea how much might be good for a 25lb toddler who needs a good kick of liver support? I'll start with just a pinch, but how much do you figure I'd want to work up to for him?

#439 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Tracy, I'm so sorry. You are a strong woman.

A lot of the time, I think the best we can expect for some of these really tricky situations is a helper. Not someone who knows everything, but someone we can lean on some, but also pull in information from other sources. So you learn on your own, ignore some of what she says (say: I'm not comfortable with X, I feel that Y is the risk I am comfortable with, or something like that) and lean on her for stuff that _is_ helpful. You may not find she's compatible, and I wouldn't say stay with her if that's the case, but if it's an okay fit, or she's somewhat helpful, take the good and leave the rest. Not an easy topic.

I'm glad Pat gave you a list of things to read. Even with good protocols, I had mercury symptoms from my removal, and I was lucky enough to be sick enough to feel it. I don't think I got more mercury than anyone else, most people just have some resilience to deal with it, and back then I didn't.

And I got the report from the speech therapist office, it's weird. DS scored at least a little above average on everything, *including* the articulation test, but she agreed that he's very difficult to understand in conversational speech and recommended speech therapy. And she put it in writing that he has a short frenulum, so that's helpful for my next talk with our pedi. I think I have a good argument that I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.
Oh Tracy, I'm so so sorry.

Gah, there are so many routes to dealing with metals. I feel like there are alot of paths to weed out. My crystal keeps telling me that Dr Ty is the one to help us, but not to make an appt yet. I'm still waiting on T's labs and our water analysis (which I expect to be mostly clean) and for Ben's hair test to arrive.

I must have missed the list of reading from Pat? Or maybe I've been too stir crazy the last few days and misfiled it. I'll go take another look. I feel like I'm in a good spot to be dealing with this point in our journey. If I'd been hit with the "metals diagnosis" a year ago, my nutrition wouldn't have been good enough nor my gut bacteria levels sound enough to be able to do much about it. Life is such a trip.

Interesting that your kid is ahead and yet behind Tanya. Sounds like you might have a good lead though.

I might make some raw goat mozzerella tomorrow and trial it. I feel like the nutrition in Streaks milk is important for us, if our bodies are ready for it. We'll see how the crystal consult goes...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#440 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Can B12 give you a stuffy nose? So stuffy since after taking it (perque brand !! two thumbs up, easy and tasty). My boys have sore throats though, so it can be the beginning of it for me.
I vote getting sick. We used B12 to stop the stuffies in dd, way back when. If you were really deficient, I think it's one of those things that can go and 'unlock' latent viruses... But yeah. My other congestion connection is that mucous production is turned on by open calcium channels plus sulfate. Any bells?

That reminds me - chlobo, part of how I figure this stuff out, is to notice new symptoms, try to correlate them to recent supplement changes/dietary binges, then start googling. I've done a lot of 'b vitamin XXXX' and such. But my intuition appears to be amazing, because I've found a bunch of stuff that worked, then went back to retrace and was like 'what was I THINKing?' And then wait a few months and... sure enough. The biochem backs it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
DH picked up some milk thistle capsules today, and I busted one open - it's pretty tasteless in powder form, so that seems like it should be easy enough to mix with food. The capsules have 350mg milk thistle in them, 80% silymarin - so about 300mg silymarin. Dosing suggestion is 1-3 caps/day for an adult. Any idea how much might be good for a 25lb toddler who needs a good kick of liver support? I'll start with just a pinch, but how much do you figure I'd want to work up to for him?

milk thistle thread

For an adult, with the seeds, It's about 3 Tbsp of ground seeds/day. I have NO clue how that translates for you...

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#441 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
My other congestion connection is that mucous production is turned on by open calcium channels plus sulfate. Any bells?
Well huh, that's very cool. That explains why DS *used* to be easy to tell when he was food reacting - it always started with a stuffy nose. Now he hardly ever gets noticeably stuffy, we just get behavioral stuff days later (which is a lot harder to correlate back to foods). But if that means his calcium channels are closing (mag?), then that is progress!

And thanks for the milk thistle link, shoulda known there's a thread .

#442 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:15 AM

I can't believe this August thread is already 22 pages long!

I've been continuing with the energy healing. I've had it with supplements, doctors, blah blah. Focusing on the mental and emotional aspect lately. I also started my yoga teacher training so great timing for working on the mind-body connection.

I'm going to check out that prenatal allergy prevention thread now.

coolshine.gifSHINE!  Yogini.  My tuna girlgoldfish.gif  Partner to Dteapot2.GIF  Our little flower is herelove.gif/surpriseuc.jpg
#443 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Also, check out the Chelating mamas? thread for many mamas who've btdt.

Here are a few older threads which might help.
Amalgam Question
Do you regret your mercury removal?
Need nutrition/supplement suggestions for amalgam removal for me while bf a 20-month-old
The dentist removed my amalgam without telling me!
um, he removed my amalgam fillings and I'm scared!
mercury filling replacement and breastfeeding

Decay under an amalgam and a ebf baby
Amalgam removal, family planning, and the almighty dollar. How to balance?
I got my amalgam filling removed and have some questions...
Is it safe to have my amalgams replaced while nursing?
anyone know anything about mercury filling removal and breastfeeding??

How to find a local dentist to safely remove amalgam fillings?
Having amalgam fillings replaced
need filling replaced--during pg or while nursing?
almalgam and ttc and more???
amalgam removal and conception
UPDATE: Anyone had amalgam removed--W/OUT AIR FLOW?

How do I ask questions about the amalgam removal protocol my dentist uses?
mercury removal and breastfeeding??
Alternative treatment/amalgam removal/bf/pg
Non protocol amalgam removal

Amalgam removal and Cuttler research ?
WWYD-Amalgam removal & TTC
How long after amalgam removal is TTC safe?
WWYD? Wean/Amalgum Removal/TTC??? (Long, Plz HELP!!!)

Nutrition After Amalgam Removal
Root canal and crown or silver filling?
Certain cheeses help to protect against dental caries.
Curing Cavities with Nutrition
Advice please re cracked tooth w/ amalgam

It is a difficult issue.

Pat
Wow Pat, THANK you so much!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#444 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kino View Post
I can't believe this August thread is already 22 pages long!
I can't believe it took us 2 weeks to get to 22 pages. This is why we used to have a weekly chat. It used to only take us about a week to get to 22 pages.

#445 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

WOW! Cool chart. Lists each nutrient and its therapeutic effect. http://www.aacstore.net/Merchant2/me...=ingrrationale

Pat

I have a blog.
#446 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
So I've been thinking...when you have a child who is FA, but not diagnosed by an official elisa test...is this going to be a problem if we end up needing to take her in? Will they question that or just take my word for it if I write it on the paperwork? Experiences? Anything I should specifically be on the lookout for being GF,CF, soy, egg and citrus free? And no vax?
They'll take your word for it.

Pat

I have a blog.
#447 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
WOW! Cool chart. Lists each nutrient and its therapeutic effect. http://www.aacstore.net/Merchant2/me...=ingrrationale

Pat
I can't speak to much of it, but it's got some things flat-out wrong. Lipoic acid crosses the blood brain barrier, cilantro is not the only known substance to do that. Maybe they got the vitamins and minerals mostly right, that seems easier than the topic of chelation, but I'd wonder. Just by including so much copper and so little zinc, it seems like they don't understand the topic well.
#448 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM

baby reacted w/hives yesterday to rice/hamburger/olive oil and probably sea salt in there too. If you have any ideas/input for me please seem my thread. Feel free to skip over the pity-party rant therein.

Thanks,
Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#449 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wugmama View Post
baby reacted w/hives yesterday to rice/hamburger/olive oil and probably sea salt in there too. If you have any ideas/input for me please seem my thread. Feel free to skip over the pity-party rant therein.
I'd think it might be corn-fed beef.

Pat

I have a blog.
#450 of 1021 Old 08-14-2009, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I can't speak to much of it, but it's got some things flat-out wrong. Lipoic acid crosses the blood brain barrier, cilantro is not the only known substance to do that. Maybe they got the vitamins and minerals mostly right, that seems easier than the topic of chelation, but I'd wonder. Just by including so much copper and so little zinc, it seems like they don't understand the topic well.
I so appreciate your informed perspective!! Thank you.

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page