Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 08-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
#1-
homemade kombucha every. single. day. (start with an ounce, increase by 1 ounce a month, if no mercury fillings.)
i have filings, and im guessing the kombucha mobilizes the mercury? i have a rash on my face below my eye area that my derm thinks is yeast and wants me to apply elidel. im a bit hesitant and am looking for another treatment, but seems like i should avoid kombucha...?
#32 of 39 Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann View Post
i have filings, and im guessing the kombucha mobilizes the mercury? i have a rash on my face below my eye area that my derm thinks is yeast and wants me to apply elidel. im a bit hesitant and am looking for another treatment, but seems like i should avoid kombucha...?

The body stores excess heavy metals, in order to protect us by removing it from circulation. We excrete some when we detox metals effectively. Specific nutrients are necessary to detox heavy metals safely and effectively. Candida binds heavy metals to keep them out of circulation. Kombucha kills off candida, releasing the heavy metals into circulation. ie. "candida is a friend"

So, yes, with mercury fillings, you probably have mercury stores, thus candida yeast.

The goal is to make candida obsolete by improving heavy metal detox efficiency, and safely replacing candida with beneficial microbials in the gut. Specific nutrients are necessary, and detoxing heavy metals is not recommended while nursing.

Skip the kombucha.

Pat

I have a blog.
#33 of 39 Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
The body stores excess heavy metals, in order to protect us by removing it from circulation. We excrete some when we detox metals effectively. Specific nutrients are necessary to detox heavy metals safely and effectively. Candida binds heavy metals to keep them out of circulation. Kombucha kills off candida, releasing the heavy metals into circulation. ie. "candida is a friend"

So, yes, with mercury fillings, you probably have mercury stores, thus candida yeast.

The goal is to make candida obsolete by improving heavy metal detox efficiency, and safely replacing candida with beneficial microbials in the gut. Specific nutrients are necessary, and detoxing heavy metals is not recommended while nursing.

Skip the kombucha.

Pat
thanks! i'm not nursing, but will probably TTC starting next summer. so, here comes a dumb question, should i be avoiding all those great things you've posted about (Bubbies, CLO, amount per day, etc.)? what sounds great in theory might not be right for me given my amalgams...?
#34 of 39 Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
thanks! i'm not nursing, but will probably TTC starting next summer. so, here comes a dumb question, should i be avoiding all those great things you've posted about (Bubbies, CLO, amount per day, etc.)? what sounds great in theory might not be right for me given my amalgams...?

No, we need the nutrients to detox our body. However, killing off a bunch of candida could be problematic, if you *can't* detox, then the mobilized mercury just redeposits into other organs, brain, breastmilk.

Pat

I have a blog.
#35 of 39 Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I have amalgams too and am nursing. But, Pat, you say that the rest of your regimine is o.k., just not the kombucha? Coconut oil is o.k.? Kefir?

Just making sure. Don't want to dump a bunch of mercury into my kids.
#36 of 39 Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Skip the kombucha.

Pat
I'd vote that for someone not nursing, and who's a fair bit out from TTC, even if they have amalgams, if they're interested in trying kombucha and watching for how they feel (physical symptoms--in a bad way, mood issues, like that) then it's not a bad thing. Kombucha itself is a detoxifier, the problem for some of us is that there are so many toxins to be mobilized that our detox pathways get overwhelmed. Because the other half of having a high toxic load is that your detox pathways have been massacred, basically, and lots of nutrients are needed to fill you back up. But for most people, the kombucha itself is a detoxifier and is helpful. I do think people should be mindful of how they feel, including subtle, slower-acting mood issues, and if they're worried, don't start, or stop. For people who suspect a serious toxicity issue, they may not want to take the risk, that's sensible, but not everyone with amalgams has a mercury problem. My 2 cents.
#37 of 39 Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko_mom View Post
I have amalgams too and am nursing. But, Pat, you say that the rest of your regimen is o.k., just not the kombucha? Coconut oil is o.k.? Kefir?

Just making sure. Don't want to dump a bunch of mercury into my kids.

Those of us with amalgams are dumping mercury, in utero and in breastmilk. The issue is, Is baby getting adequate nutrients to detox effectively. I would not TRY to detox, just improve nutrient stores.

The coconut oil at 1 tablespoon per day, is very little. I don't do much more than that a day. Some folks are doing 1/2 cup a day, in baking, cooking. Kefir helps to rebalance gut microbials. I have no problem with it with mercury, candida, and nursing. Do start slowly and as Tanya noted, *listen to YOUR body*. YOU know more about you than any of us.

Pat

I have a blog.
#38 of 39 Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 PM

bumping.

Pat

I have a blog.
#39 of 39 Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM

bump.gif

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page