Mothering Forum banner

Natural remedies for asthma/ asthma attacks

659 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Theloose 
#1 ·
I have asthma, which tends to flare up during season changes, and was looking for something more natural that I can try. I know I don't have food allergies and indoor allergens are not an issue. Any experience?

#2 ·
How do you know you don't have allergies? I don't have experience with asthma, but in my reading, you might want to look at sulfates/salicylates/molybdenum deficiency and/or folate/b12/zinc deficiency. Both of those seem to be related to asthma.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
How do you know you don't have allergies? I don't have experience with asthma, but in my reading, you might want to look at sulfates/salicylates/molybdenum deficiency and/or folate/b12/zinc deficiency. Both of those seem to be related to asthma.
Should have been more clear
I know I have pet/dust/pollen related allergies that I can, to the best of my ability, control for. I don't think it is diet influenced as my diet remains consistent throughout out the seasons, but my asthma only flares in the fall, spring.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthsMamma View Post
Should have been more clear
I know I have pet/dust/pollen related allergies that I can, to the best of my ability, control for. I don't think it is diet influenced as my diet remains consistent throughout out the seasons, but my asthma only flares in the fall, spring.
Ah ha. Those allergies are usually histamine related, and methyl groups turn off histamine. I'd start by looking at b12/zinc/folate. Do you pass the beet test? Do beets turn your pee pink? Have you had your b12 levels checked? That *could* help the asthma, will likely help the allergies, and may help long term and reproductive health...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.