October Allergy Observations (Chat thread) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2009, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Do you think you could do that with another nut? Like almonds? The high copper in cashews turns me off.
Soaked cashews get really soft and creamy, so I'd look for something else that does that - pine nuts or maybe macadamias? Almonds strike me as gritty rather than smooth.

I also did nother version that was just coconut milk and frozen fruit, and it was even more ice cream-like. Less protein, though.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Soaked cashews get really soft and creamy, so I'd look for something else that does that - pine nuts or maybe macadamias? Almonds strike me as gritty rather than smooth.

I also did nother version that was just coconut milk and frozen fruit, and it was even more ice cream-like. Less protein, though.
I made a strawberry "shake" with almond milk. So you could soak and blend the nuts, then strain it before adding other ingredients. Also, I used dates for sweetener, a little vanilla, fresh strawberries, and some ice. It was delicious. DD however drank little of it (I was trying to find a way to get some multivitamin powder in here - still haven't found anything that works).
Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Gah.
DS1 listens like a brick wall. Even though I've been telling him "Lay down. Relax. Take it easy. Call me if you need to get up or go to the bathroom. Don't bend over." CONSTANTLY, every time I turn my back he's doing something he shouldn't. So NOW, we're on our way to the doctor's office to get his drain checked because it's leaking from the incision site.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I was planning to do it with pine nuts instead of cashews since they're the only nut we can have. Course, I'm out of pine nuts again. We were going to get some this weekend but uh. Yeah. Appendicitis sorta ruled that out.
Pine nut price went up at Costco again. Last time it was $17.99 bag, now it's $19.99. I might have to cut back. Boo hoo.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 PM

I did it with soaked almonds (maybe 10-12hrs soaking, a convenient overnight time) this morning. At first I thought the nuts would remain chunky, but by the time I added the frozen strawberries and broke those down, the remaining nut chunks disappeared. I've got an old (quite old, I think) Vitamix, I don't think any regular blender I've owned (all of which have been fairly low-end) would've done it.

I don't have a comparison point, but since DS is intolerant to cashews, and I have almonds in the house, that was an obvious choice. But we did take the peels off the almonds, some started just coming off after the overnight soak, but I figured we'd do the rest to see if it improved the texture/appearance/flavor. I think it was a good thing.

I enjoyed this, it's the most mousse-like/milkshake-like thing I've had in years. This will work for us.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Anyone have leads for why a toddler/preschooler would choose to stop talking? I can't tell if it's just developmental fun and experimenting or something bigger, but dd's resorting to grunting and pointing more often than not lately, and it's getting old.
(
Could just be behavioral, but on the autism mercury board, verbal stuff is often linked to vitamin A... Any chance she's deficient in vitamin A? Cutler recommends an initial loading dose of about 100,000IU for a kid this size (I split that over 3 days to make sure we didn't get any poor side effects). Didn't make DS more verbal (and I'd do a happy dance if he pointed!!), but a lot less grunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
JR, have you ever done anything with grapeseed oil? I think the flavor is supposed to be fairly neutral.

Whatever it is, our garage is cleaned out. There's probably some more stuff that we will need to get rid of, but we could barely walk around, then last week the city said we needed to put DH's dad's car in the garage. But this weekend and this evening we got it done, and it's really nice, even room for DH to put together a workbench (plus the car's now in there). A few trips to drop off stuff with our local thrift store and victory is within sight!
Just a warning for JR that grapeseed oil is VERY high in sals.

Tanya, that's awesome on the garage. Want to do mine ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
I'm baaaack...

We're pushing mag around here too. Taslyn's breastfeeding has definitely declined since I started amalgam replacement. And her poops are harder. So mag is the ticket. Interestingly enough, her skin looks better than it has in memorable history. And that's with adding back soy and cow dairy.

Hmmm. She's also sleeping better most of the time, and has learned to go to sleep without a boob in her mouth. And when she wakes in the night, she can often be redirected to go back to sleep without nursing. Wow. I feel kind of sad and crappy that as hard as I've worked to identify our intolerances and keep a safe diet... that she appears better off with less breastmilk.

But then again, maybe its a coincidence and she was just ready for these leaps. I've been feeling better and better too... with amalgam removal and rolfing... and of course we all have Elisabeth's remedies 2x daily, plus T's custom flower essence... whatever the answer, whatever the cause, I guess I won't complain.
The good stuff was coming before you cut back on nursing - and it's your milk that got her this far. She may do fine with less breastmilk NOW - but you got her this far. And sounds like it's all going amazingly well!

FWIW, DS has cut back on nursing a lot since his mag got better, so perhaps related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieNova View Post
Helooo! Hope everyone is enjoying this nice cool weather (for those of us on the East Coast at least)...

Just wanted to pop in. DS is having a rough week... I think it's teething. And hes not letting me get any mag into him... so that is making it worse.

For those of you who are wondering.. yes, he's twiddling like crazy again.

Anyway, right now he's crying and pulling on my pants trying to get to the computer or me or whatever... he does this ALL DAY lately.
Teething (or any other sickness/stress) depletes mag zuickly. All day clingies are low mag symptoms for us. I KNOW how hard it is to get mag into them, but it's worth it. Try a mag supp on ground meat, bacon, cookies?

Quote:
OMG (I refuse to use the pukey smiley, but it's more appropriate)

I think I'm low in vit A, and the only A in the house is fermented CLO (which I have NOT been using) so I took some. And it BURNED. And I gagged. And it's burning in my EARS. And it's WON'T go away. NEVER doing CLO again. That was the last straw. Ew.

And just for the record, it *definitely* did NOT burn when I was taking it a few months ago. I wonder if it got old or something?

Bring on the chicken liver pate!
Aha. So maybe my idea above about vit A deficiency for DD makes sense? I'm guessing the fCLO keeps fermenting over time, so maybe got stronger. Doesn't sound good (although I have a hard time picturing liver being better, LOL!).

And totally off topic for this forum, but I'm so sad and frustrated. We've been paying for private therapy for DS, with a therapist who works with us long distance (we send her video clips, etc). It's been working really well. We've been doing this for 6 months, and it stretches us a lot financially, especially with the increased cost of allergy free groceries hitting at the same time. Our work with her was just reviewed as part of her recertification process, and now she's insisting we change the way we work together (which will either mean a second consultant involved, or periodic formal evaluations in person - either way, about double the cost). Very little benefit to us (we don't need formal evaluations to see his progress). We'd figure out a way to pay for it if it was necessary, but it's all for documentation and tracking at the program level (which we don't care about). We're talking with her tomorrow, but I suspect we're probably going to be back to working solo. I feel fairly competent trying to address my kid's nutrient deficiencies on my own, but addressing his autism core deficits (social/relational/communication) on my own - phew. I can keep following the program outline we're using, but still. There's a reason we were paying for a consultant.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

nak
well, apparently i freaked out for nothing. ds1's just fine, all's normal.
really though, i changed the dressing @ 9:30 and it was already soaked through @ 10:30...
i am so tired. hope to get the 2 LOs down for a nap this afternoon so i can have one too. dh slept for like 4 hours after coming home yesterday then complained when i wouldn't stay up past 12:30 with him, although i got no such nap.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Could just be behavioral, but on the autism mercury board, verbal stuff is often linked to vitamin A... Any chance she's deficient in vitamin A? Cutler recommends an initial loading dose of about 100,000IU for a kid this size (I split that over 3 days to make sure we didn't get any poor side effects). Didn't make DS more verbal (and I'd do a happy dance if he pointed!!), but a lot less grunting.

Aha. So maybe my idea above about vit A deficiency for DD makes sense? I'm guessing the fCLO keeps fermenting over time, so maybe got stronger. Doesn't sound good (although I have a hard time picturing liver being better, LOL!).
Sorry about the therapist issues

I'm leaning most towards mag, since it's the obvious one that's low right now (STILL can't get any into her. And dh drank all the juice, which was my fallback ) but that's VERY interesting about vit A. She doesn't have the same signs I have for low A right now, but we're not supping or doing very well with diet lately. I was figuring my low A was more due to pregnancy... We'll see tomorrow if my burning CLO fixes anything and if I'm even right And yeah, I'm thinking it's an age thing. In any case, it was burning my throat AND my EARS for a long time afterwards - my throat still burns. Yuck. I never want to even risk experiencing something like that again. I was practically in tears. No more CLO in this house. Dh is THRILLED .

Old 10-06-2009, 06:07 PM

Ok. Need advice.

I bought an air popper & tried popping some sorghum but its so light it just flew out of the popper. Is there a fix for this? Do I have some weird, too small sorghum?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Ok. Need advice.

I bought an air popper & tried popping some sorghum but its so light it just flew out of the popper. Is there a fix for this? Do I have some weird, too small sorghum?
I put more in and that helped weigh it down. Would it help to cover some of the hot air vents?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I put more in and that helped weigh it down. Would it help to cover some of the hot air vents?
Not sure how I would go about covering up vent. I'll check it out though.

I need to get some mag for the kids. I think I'm going to try the gel/spray. I just can't force anything else & right now we're not doing baths, just showers.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Ahhh... the house is quiet. No crying, clinging, fussing DS hanging off of me and nursing on/off - on/off!

I sent DH out with DS to get some "dry white wine" as the recipe calls for. Tonight - chicken livers with bacon and onions! And for dessert - brownies - YES you heard me right.. brownies! I found a mix from namaste foods at wf this weekend. Dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, potato, nuts, casein and CORN free! First ingredient is evaporated cane juice, so I shouldnt.. but I WILL!

"Teething (or any other sickness/stress) depletes mag zuickly. All day clingies are low mag symptoms for us. I KNOW how hard it is to get mag into them, but it's worth it. Try a mag supp on ground meat, bacon, cookies?"

Mamafish, I've got to look into that mag supplement someone mentioned on Sept chat. I was able to get half a cashew lara bar into him today. That has a little mag in it.. but I'm really thinking he is VERY deficient and needs more of a daily supplement. edit: I just asked DH to stop by our basic supplement store on the way home and ask for mag with no dairy, corn, soy, wheat, gluten... ha ha ha - what a laugh they must have had in there... I should have known they wouldnt have it...

Has anyone noticed their child becoming more accident prone with low mag? DS has had 6 *minor* accidents since last night. It seems he is so discombobulated (sp?) - but that could be the teething too.

JR - so glad your DS was fine.
Whome - I take krill oil for my dha. Has lots of vitamin A, but not much vitamin D. I take a separate vitamin D supplement.

Wife to - Mama to DS 6/08 and DS 9/11
Old 10-06-2009, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

just made a chocolate shake/mousse.
changes to the recipe were:
1 c unsoaked () sunflower seeds
2 avocadoes instead of strawberries
7 ounces rice milk plus 2 ounces evoo instead of coconut milk (and to make up missing moisture from berries)
extra honey- about 3 tablespoons?
cocoa powder- about 1/4 cup

was a little grainy but that could probably be changed by soaking the seeds

ETA: I'd be happier if it was strawberry. I miss berries!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
just made a chocolate shake/mousse.
changes to the recipe were:
1 c unsoaked () sunflower seeds
2 avocadoes instead of strawberries
7 ounces rice milk plus 2 ounces evoo instead of coconut milk (and to make up missing moisture from berries)
extra honey- about 3 tablespoons?
cocoa powder- about 1/4 cup

was a little grainy but that could probably be changed by soaking the seeds
And taste-wise?

My mom makes 'ultrashakes' based on Dr Hyman's stuff - he wrote the UltraMind solution. It's rice protein powder, almond butter, flax oil and fruit (berries/bananas?). I bet any nut butter would work in any smoothie... The soaking just makes it blend a bit better?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
And taste-wise?

My mom makes 'ultrashakes' based on Dr Hyman's stuff - he wrote the UltraMind solution. It's rice protein powder, almond butter, flax oil and fruit (berries/bananas?). I bet any nut butter would work in any smoothie... The soaking just makes it blend a bit better?
It's pretty creamy tasting. I was sort of expecting to taste the sunflower seeds but I don't. (They have a sort of bitter after-taste to me.) I think I used more honey than I put down there and it was a little too sweet.
I have Dr. Hyman as a friend on my FB.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Whome - I take krill oil for my dha. Has lots of vitamin A, but not much vitamin D. I take a separate vitamin D supplement.
I'm eating farm fresh egg yolks for my EFAs. Fish and I don't have a great relationship, fish oil and I have an even worse one. I normally like shellfish, but not now that I'm pg. I'm thinking that since it's so universal, my body just doesn't like fish, so I'm not going to push it anymore. The clincher is that when I was off of eggs, I craved the farmer's market salmon. And ever since we've had eggs back, I've gone back to not liking it. My best guess is that my body hates PUFAs? It would fit with my oxidative stress/low BH4 theories AND dd's possible high lipid peroxidase lab test and explain why my nut/seed tolerance is so low.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I have Dr. Hyman as a friend on my FB.
that's hilarious. I just suggested him to my mom

Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 PM

Shannon, with the fCLO, I got big empty capsules (that hold 1ml each) and put the CLO in that and take it - I couldn't handle the taste and burning any more. And unbelievably, DD can swallow those huge capsules too, so I get 1ml in her each day too (and there is no way *ever* she would take fCLO).

But hey, I like the egg idea better .

Quote:
Ok. Need advice.

Totally didn't work in my popper. I have 5 bags of sorghum grain I'm happy to send to anyone who wants it (can you tell I'm cleaning out my cupboards, LOL). I so wanted a popcorn sub, but I couldn't make it work.

Quote:
"Teething (or any other sickness/stress) depletes mag zuickly. All day clingies are low mag symptoms for us. I KNOW how hard it is to get mag into them, but it's worth it. Try a mag supp on ground meat, bacon, cookies?"

Mamafish, I've got to look into that mag supplement someone mentioned on Sept chat. I was able to get half a cashew lara bar into him today. That has a little mag in it.. but I'm really thinking he is VERY deficient and needs more of a daily supplement. edit: I just asked DH to stop by our basic supplement store on the way home and ask for mag with no dairy, corn, soy, wheat, gluten... ha ha ha - what a laugh they must have had in there... I should have known they wouldnt have it...

Has anyone noticed their child becoming more accident prone with low mag? DS has had 6 *minor* accidents since last night. It seems he is so discombobulated (sp?) - but that could be the teething too.
Hmmm - DS has discombobulated moments when he's coming off zeolite rounds, and that is when he has other low mag symptoms, so it's possible that's related.

This is the mag powder I use - it has citric acid in it, so if you're sensitive to trace corn, that *might* be a problem (I don't know if corn is the source for their citric acid or not, we're not that sensitive to corn). It doesn't taste as good as they think, LOL, but it hides fairly easily. I also use the liquid mag from brainchild, which does OK in his coconut yogurt (but didn't at first, we're making progress with it now).

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

i like sorghum, deb. can't you use it in blender pancakes?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Ok. Need advice.

Where did you buy the sorghum?

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I sent DH out with DS to get some "dry white wine" as the recipe calls for. Tonight - chicken livers with bacon and onions! And for dessert - brownies - YES you heard me right.. brownies! I found a mix from namaste foods at wf this weekend. Dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, potato, nuts, casein and CORN free! First ingredient is evaporated cane juice, so I shouldnt.. but I WILL!
The Namaste website says it has xanthan gum in it. I've only seen corn-based xanthan gum. What's their source if not corn?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I'm eating farm fresh egg yolks for my EFAs. Fish and I don't have a great relationship, fish oil and I have an even worse one. I normally like shellfish, but not now that I'm pg. I'm thinking that since it's so universal, my body just doesn't like fish, so I'm not going to push it anymore. The clincher is that when I was off of eggs, I craved the farmer's market salmon. And ever since we've had eggs back, I've gone back to not liking it. My best guess is that my body hates PUFAs? It would fit with my oxidative stress/low BH4 theories AND dd's possible high lipid peroxidase lab test and explain why my nut/seed tolerance is so low.
I hated fish (and fish oils) when I was pg with ds, so I totally understand.

Im going to completely ignore the last two sentences of your post b/c what you said was WAYYYY over my head (for now at least).

Congrats on the pregnancy. You're due in a month right? So exciting! DH and I are trying for another... but I havent had ppaf back yet... so it doesn't look hopeful until this lo decides to night wean.

Oh and about tonights dinner - complete bust. I have fried chicken livers, fried bacon, fried onions and NO corkscrew to open the wine with... DH is out at his group meeting and there's no way i'm going to attempt to eat these livers without wine! I guess its brownies for dinner hehehe!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Where did you buy the sorghum?
I bought it online somewhere. 5lb bag. I'd be happy to give you some if you want it. You can get it when you pick up Frontier.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
The Namaste website says it has xanthan gum in it. I've only seen corn-based xanthan gum. What's their source if not corn?
I saw the xanthan gum on the ingredients list too, but since the package said "made in a dedicated facility free of corn", I *chose* to believe the xanthan was made from something else. I did search online and found that most xg is typically derived from corn, but it is possible to make it from other veggies. Of course, I cant find the link now and DS just pulled down an onion from the table and hit himself in the head

DS reacts to trace corn in my breastmilk, and since when I'm stressed I eat without thinking - I've already had a few brownies (2 and a half to be exact). Soooo... I guess I will find out. I will be kicking myself if he reacts tonight. We need sleep! By the way, I usually eat very well for DS - it's just that I'm stressed - did I mention that yet?

This is the mag powder I use - it has citric acid in it, so if you're sensitive to trace corn, that *might* be a problem (I don't know if corn is the source for their citric acid or not, we're not that sensitive to corn). It doesn't taste as good as they think, LOL, but it hides fairly easily. I also use the liquid mag from brainchild, which does OK in his coconut yogurt (but didn't at first, we're making progress with it now).

Thanks for the recommendations... the citric acid will most likely be a problem for DS.. but I will call the company and find out if its corn based. I also might try the brainchild liquid mag... So hard to find supplements for this little guy ..

Hmmm - DS has discombobulated moments when he's coming off zeolite rounds, and that is when he has other low mag symptoms, so it's possible that's related.

In 24 hours DS has:
-fallen on his back in the tub
-fallen on a pot in the kitchen leaving a small gash on his forehead
-fallen off the couch
-hit himself in the eye with a play hammer
-slipped on a towel (my fault for leaving it there)
-tripped on the back steps
-hit himself in the head with an onion...
Oh and I forgot - he dropped a big container of sea salt on his toe (DH gave it to him)

Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM

BonnieNova, keeping in mind that we're _not_ corn-sensitive, I thought Namaste's xanthan gum was derived from something else, I don't remember what, not something that's commonly a problem. Beets? Can't remember, best of luck tonight! Sorry things are so out of whack now.

If you need a mag for you, Perque's mag should be corn-free, and I'm not sure about Kathy's GIPro Health but that was a really nice form of magnesium too.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I saw the xanthan gum on the ingredients list too, but since the package said "made in a dedicated facility free of corn", I *chose* to believe the xanthan was made from something else. I did search online and found that most xg is typically derived from corn, but it is possible to make it from other veggies. Of course, I cant find the link now and DS just pulled down an onion from the table and hit himself in the head

DS reacts to trace corn in my breastmilk, and since when I'm stressed I eat without thinking - I've already had a few brownies (2 and a half to be exact). Soooo... I guess I will find out. I will be kicking myself if he reacts tonight. We need sleep! By the way, I usually eat very well for DS - it's just that I'm stressed - did I mention that yet?

Thanks for the recommendations... the citric acid will most likely be a problem for DS.. but I will call the company and find out if its corn based. I also might try the brainchild liquid mag... So hard to find supplements for this little guy ..

In 24 hours DS has:
-fallen on his back in the tub
-fallen on a pot in the kitchen leaving a small gash on his forehead
-fallen off the couch
-hit himself in the eye with a play hammer
-slipped on a towel (my fault for leaving it there)
-tripped on the back steps
-hit himself in the head with an onion...
Oh and I forgot - he dropped a big container of sea salt on his toe (DH gave it to him)
So you attribute that to low mag.? My daughter has always been a klutz. She'll fall off her chair at dinner. She constantly bites her lip/tongue/whatever. And my son seems to fall a lot too.

I'm definitely buying the spray/gel. Off to Amazon....

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

we're klutzes as well.

i noticed the price for pine nuts went up at our costco too, kathy. it's still cheaper than my in town store price of 19.99/lb tho.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Shannon, with the fCLO, I got big empty capsules (that hold 1ml each) and put the CLO in that and take it - I couldn't handle the taste and burning any more. And unbelievably, DD can swallow those huge capsules too, so I get 1ml in her each day too (and there is no way *ever* she would take fCLO).

But hey, I like the egg idea better .
everyone keeps trying to get me to do CLO I've given it every chance I can think of, and I'm sorry. It's not going to happen. I'm not going to hide it. I'm going to find other nutrient sources!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I *think* it's tapioca derived?

Quote:
I hated fish (and fish oils) when I was pg with ds, so I totally understand.

Im going to completely ignore the last two sentences of your post b/c what you said was WAYYYY over my head (for now at least).

Congrats on the pregnancy. You're due in a month right? So exciting! DH and I are trying for another... but I havent had ppaf back yet... so it doesn't look hopeful until this lo decides to night wean.

Oh and about tonights dinner - complete bust. I have fried chicken livers, fried bacon, fried onions and NO corkscrew to open the wine with... DH is out at his group meeting and there's no way i'm going to attempt to eat these livers without wine! I guess its brownies for dinner hehehe!
I'm due in March, you must be thinking of someone else... How old is your ds? I didn't get ppaf until dd was 28mo, and the only thing I can think of that triggered it was maybe nutrition? Or just good old time? Definitely no nightweaning or change in nursing frequency...

Hang around here long enough, and you'll at least *know* what I'm talking about there, even if it doesn't make any sense BTW, you inspired me. I just went out and bought chicken liver, but I'm turning it into pate after dd goes to bed.

Oh, and just how fast can vitamin A work? Anyone? My biggest symptom was really dry lips that were cracking in the middle. I've been trying to rehydrate for the past week, and it seems to help a tiny bit, but the crack was still getting worse. This morning it bled and there was a scab. Within hours after the CLO incident (and downing a fair bit of water to try and get rid of the burn), the crack was essentially HEALED, and my lips were back to normal. Now they're getting dry again. We'll see what the pate does tomorrow...

eta: dd's super careful always, but doesn't seem particularly klutzy on low mag. She does have her klutzy periods though.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:

[

[
I believe brainchild has xanthan gum in it, which is why I avoid it. Please tell me if I am wrong though, because I would like to have them as an option.
We react to xanthan gum, but not to the Namaste version.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
ETA: I'm just grateful that we've taught DS1 to refuse food so well that he remembers even while under the influence of morphine.
Wow, yes, you've taught him well. I bet that made you feel good actually, that he was not susceptible to adults in authority telling him something was "okay".

Quote:
JR, I wouldn't drop it. That is totally asinine.
I wouldn't drop it either. I would definitely be writing a letter.

User Tag List