November Chat! (no, I'm not creative) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Detox? You're getting more nutrients into her now, right? Maybe she's clearing some stuff out? Like maybe antimony, which would be impacting mag utilization? (Circles here are low sleep = low mag and/or b6).
The only thing she's getting more of now is mag - I haven't been able to get *anything* else into her lately, and even food-wise she's not doing so hot Maybe she's collecting more stuff. That's not a fun thought.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#362 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
The only thing she's getting more of now is mag - I haven't been able to get *anything* else into her lately, and even food-wise she's not doing so hot Maybe she's collecting more stuff. That's not a fun thought.
I'll bring some kitten capsules on Saturday .

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#363 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I'll bring some kitten capsules on Saturday .
And you can probably get them into her. Anything coming from me, she's totally suspect of and will act like I'm trying to poison her.

#364 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Hi Ladies, have been reading just not posting much.

My older boys are responding really well to the GFDF at home but not at dads approach. I have noticed great behavior changes! DS3's anxiety is way down, as is his gluten and dairy craving! They are regularly taking supps such as probiotics, Vit C, mag, and CLO and so I think it helps support them when they eat the junk they get at their dads. So its hopeful for those who are in a situation where they can't do dietary changes 100% due to custody issues to know it may still be worth doing part-time.

Second, I cut out all grains for baby and me and we are doing really well, like amazingly well. NO reflux, diarrhea, he's sleeping etc. Grain-free seems to be very good for us. My big AHA was when we were discussing cereal grains and JR said they are all from grass. I decided that as a person highly allergic to grass it wasn't so smart to be eating "grass seeds", even rice. DH and I were looking at Paleo-links all morning, and I said "I think the Universe sent me a butcher as a husband for a reason." Lots of meat, but we do good on meat (I was 80% veg before we met).

Anyone have experience with the tests for diagnosing celiac disease? I am really suspicious we may have some true celiac disease going on in our family, with me and perhaps some/all the kids. Being GF for a while now (we removed it again in early Oct) I am not sure I or baby can do the blood test and I am not keen on scopes/biopsies. The other boys still have some gluten in their diet. What are my options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I cannot take these reaction days. DD is SCREAMING at me, throwing her toys, being a monster. And I am stressed the F out because I have no idea what to feed us anymore, so I especially can't deal with her tantrums.
I am very sorry you are going through that! Parenting can be so tough. I was on the parenting forum yesterday and there were a lot of threads about out-of-control LO's and it made me think of how hard it is to tell when the behavior outburst is just developmentally normal behavior and when it means something is wrong - like a food reaction. Are there other things that accompany her tantrums that make you think its a food reaction? I am sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

I ask because for myself this issue drives me crazy...like, is my DS wagging his head back and forth vigorously both times I have had food coloring because its a "reaction" or is he just being a typical silly experimenting 11 month old? Is he waking up because he's teething or learning to walk, or because I ate corn? Did the behavior go away because I pulled a food, or would it have gone away anyway? And round and round I go. I think its easy for our experiences with food to alter our perception of behavior that might be happening anyway in a completely normal healthy child. And I am not sure there is any surefire way for us to tell. Not sure if that is helpful, but just stuff I was thinking after reading your post and wondering about this myself.

Mom to DS(17) autismribbon.gif DS(15) autismribbon.gif DS(12) autismribbon.gif My gifted, quirky, wonderful teens!

Mama to Jack bouncy.gif11.08 and Liam  biggrinbounce.gif 9.11 and due with boy #6! stork-boy.gif  

Blissfully married to the love of my life since 8.8.8 partners.gif 

#365 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
And you can probably get them into her. Anything coming from me, she's totally suspect of and will act like I'm trying to poison her.
ROFL. Well, I can mail you *treats* weekly if you like . I have a friend who just tried the kitten capsules dipped in maple syrup trick with her DD, and it worked too, so I don't have the only kid in the universe this works for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama4 View Post
My older boys are responding really well to the GFDF at home but not at dads approach. I have noticed great behavior changes! DS3's anxiety is way down, as is his gluten and dairy craving! They are regularly taking supps such as probiotics, Vit C, mag, and CLO and so I think it helps support them when they eat the junk they get at their dads. So its hopeful for those who are in a situation where they can't do dietary changes 100% due to custody issues to know it may still be worth doing part-time.

Second, I cut out all grains for baby and me and we are doing really well, like amazingly well. NO reflux, diarrhea, he's sleeping etc. Grain-free seems to be very good for us. My big AHA was when we were discussing cereal grains and JR said they are all from grass. I decided that as a person highly allergic to grass it wasn't so smart to be eating "grass seeds", even rice. DH and I were looking at Paleo-links all morning, and I said "I think the Universe sent me a butcher as a husband for a reason." Lots of meat, but we do good on meat (I was 80% veg before we met).
Awesome update, it's so great to hear you've found some things that are working really well for you.

#366 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
ROFL. Well, I can mail you *treats* weekly if you like . I have a friend who just tried the kitten capsules dipped in maple syrup trick with her DD, and it worked too, so I don't have the only kid in the universe this works for.
I'm sure I could be on a very different path with dd if I had played my cards differently. Now, she refuses the multi 'because I don't want to get sick!' just like she refuses sunscreen because she doesn't want a sunburn. Kinda goes along with how she had 'you' and 'me' swapped for a while, and now she has 'because' and 'so' swapped. Hmm... Anyone got a theory on that one?

Hey, look what I just found:
http://www.allergyadvisor.com/moreinfo.htm
It's a computer program that tells you everything allergy related about a given food.
"Input the food in question and a list comes up of substances found in that food and their possible risks. Click on one of these substances and see foods associated with it; click on another and continue till the cause has been narrowed down or identified."

Includes pollens, food families, cross-reactions, salicylates, molds, etc. I wonder if it's in my price range?

#367 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I'm sure I could be on a very different path with dd if I had played my cards differently. Now, she refuses the multi 'because I don't want to get sick!' just like she refuses sunscreen because she doesn't want a sunburn. Kinda goes along with how she had 'you' and 'me' swapped for a while, and now she has 'because' and 'so' swapped. Hmm... Anyone got a theory on that one?
Um, yeah. Classic two's. Sometimes they hit early . DD used to refuse ice cream, because *I DON'T WANT* was more powerful than even ice cream...

#368 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM

ds2 has been reacting to something. i'm thinking the fruit gummies or the lollipops i got for halloween treats and have been doling out at 2/day (1 of each). he has the rrod and is climbing (though that's not particularly odd). i guess he gets extra epsom salts in his bath tonight.
ds3 is reacting bc i took a sip of dh's coffee on Saturday, not thinking it had cream in it. he vomited on me yesterday and he's sleeping and sleeping today after barely sleeping the last 2. his cradle cap looks terrible... eta: and he STINKS.. his farts smell like an old man's!!
haven't seen my cat since the other night, though someone ate her food last night so i'm hoping it's her and she's still around.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#369 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Um, yeah. Classic two's. Sometimes they hit early . DD used to refuse ice cream, because *I DON'T WANT* was more powerful than even ice cream...
Dd's almost 3!
Her "I DON't," said with a certain shrieking emphasis on the 'don' seems oddly reaction related. She's normally pretty easy going, but even dh noticed when it went away (with 2 days of multi's) and then came right back. With the vitamins and sunscreen, it's totally different though. Very much a 'No, what are you trying to do to me? I thought you were going to protect me mommy, I know better than to fall for that' sort of urgency. So now any little thing specifically for her is suspect. If it's straight out of the serving dish, or off my plate it's fine. (yeah, I'm sneaking things in there to my advantage already )

#370 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Hi Ladies, have been reading just not posting much.

Anyone have experience with the tests for diagnosing celiac disease? I am really suspicious we may have some true celiac disease going on in our family, with me and perhaps some/all the kids. Being GF for a while now (we removed it again in early Oct) I am not sure I or baby can do the blood test and I am not keen on scopes/biopsies. The other boys still have some gluten in their diet. What are my options?

I am very sorry you are going through that! Parenting can be so tough. I was on the parenting forum yesterday and there were a lot of threads about out-of-control LO's and it made me think of how hard it is to tell when the behavior outburst is just developmentally normal behavior and when it means something is wrong - like a food reaction. Are there other things that accompany her tantrums that make you think its a food reaction? I am sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

I ask because for myself this issue drives me crazy...like, is my DS wagging his head back and forth vigorously both times I have had food coloring because its a "reaction" or is he just being a typical silly experimenting 11 month old? Is he waking up because he's teething or learning to walk, or because I ate corn? Did the behavior go away because I pulled a food, or would it have gone away anyway? And round and round I go. I think its easy for our experiences with food to alter our perception of behavior that might be happening anyway in a completely normal healthy child. And I am not sure there is any surefire way for us to tell. Not sure if that is helpful, but just stuff I was thinking after reading your post and wondering about this myself.
I'm the same way, constantly analyzing the behavior and trying to decide if its food related or maybe the kids are just tired/hungry, etc. I still haven't figured it out.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#371 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Can someone look at my two adrenal tests and tell me if you think I've improved. In the first test my curve was a normal curve, except that it was below the reference range so the practitioner said we just needed to raise the whole curve.

Well clearly we didn't do that. I'm just curious if its really an improvement? I realize you can't totally compare b/c I didn't do the neurotransmitters this time but still.

first test:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...drenaltest.jpg

2nd test:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...drenaltest.jpg

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#372 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 PM

Uh-oh, we have stomach bugs. First DS2 and now DS3. I have been giving tea and broth for hydration, even though the kids asked for saltines. What do you give your kids when they are sick? Is there an allergy-friendly home-made version of pedialyte in case the baby gets it? I know breastmilk is best, but I have had my babies get super dehydrated before and they were hospitalized even nursing. I want to be prepared.

Mom to DS(17) autismribbon.gif DS(15) autismribbon.gif DS(12) autismribbon.gif My gifted, quirky, wonderful teens!

Mama to Jack bouncy.gif11.08 and Liam  biggrinbounce.gif 9.11 and due with boy #6! stork-boy.gif  

#373 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Hugs to everyone with reacting kiddos.

Quote:

Sometimes it's hard to tell here too... but sometimes it's reeeeally obvious. Like the high-pitched shrieking, hitting, kicking- it always goes along with other symptoms, and as soon as I stop the food, the symptoms are gone within 12-ish hours.

Quote:
Uh-oh, we have stomach bugs. First DS2 and now DS3. I have been giving tea and broth for hydration, even though the kids asked for saltines. What do you give your kids when they are sick? Is there an allergy-friendly home-made version of pedialyte in case the baby gets it? I know breastmilk is best, but I have had my babies get super dehydrated before and they were hospitalized even nursing. I want to be prepared.
I think you can make that stuff with just water, salt, sugar, .... was there another ingredient? I can't remember where I put the recipe someone gave me. I'm sure you can find it online though.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#374 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM

One more question. What is the significance of homocysteine? I have a value but no reference range so I have no idea what it means.

The first time I was tested it was 13 & this time it was 5.66. No idea if that's good or bad.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#375 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
coconut water.

Pat

I have a blog.
#376 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
One more question. What is the significance of homocysteine? I have a value but no reference range so I have no idea what it means.

The first time I was tested it was 13 & this time it was 5.66. No idea if that's good or bad.
I don't have a link for a reference range, but homocysteine is one that you don't want to be high, so yay, something's going right! Things that might be lowering it: mag, B6, folate, B12, reducing lead. Any of those ring a bell?

#377 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:

In The Nutrition Solution, he lists optimal homocysteine as 7µmol/L. I think lower is better, so you're looking good! (but of course my brain is fried... so I could have it backward. )

#378 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Could you all PM your blog links, please?

Thanks,

Pat

I have a blog.
#379 of 1157 Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
I don't have a link for a reference range, but homocysteine is one that you don't want to be high, so yay, something's going right! Things that might be lowering it: mag, B6, folate, B12, reducing lead. Any of those ring a bell?
Mag does. Haven't really been doing the other too.

So what is considered high? Is it anything higher than 7?

Interesting that the doctor didn't mention anything specifically about it when it was 13.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#380 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Mag does. Haven't really been doing the other too.

So what is considered high? Is it anything higher than 7?

Interesting that the doctor didn't mention anything specifically about it when it was 13.
I don't know how we might define high, nor how the medical establishment would. Looking at mine, it's gone from 10.9 (knowing nothing) to 9.1 (just before learning what it was) to 5.4 (on tons of folate). All of those were well within the normal range (<14).

Other things that might affect it: how much methionine (meat) you're eating (might raise it), sals load (sals would lower it, maybe?), how many methyl groups you're using up - detoxing amines/estrogen/histamine/etc would raise it, I'm guessing.

#381 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I'm the same way, constantly analyzing the behavior and trying to decide if its food related or maybe the kids are just tired/hungry, etc. I still haven't figured it out.
It can get obsessive for me if I am not careful. I have to make a decision to chill out and almost ignore the little stuff unless its really persistent just so I can have a normal life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Sometimes it's hard to tell here too... but sometimes it's reeeeally obvious. Like the high-pitched shrieking, hitting, kicking- it always goes along with other symptoms, and as soon as I stop the food, the symptoms are gone within 12-ish hours.

I think you can make that stuff with just water, salt, sugar, .... was there another ingredient? I can't remember where I put the recipe someone gave me. I'm sure you can find it online though.
That is interesting re the behavior. Have you read that book "Is This Your Child?" by Dr. Doris Rapp? http://www.drrapp.blogspot.com/ That was the first book I picked up when I started suspecting DS1 issues were food-related (10 years ago I'm old). There is a lot of info on behavior and "brain allergies". The treatment, if I recall, was sublingual and said to stop a reaction quickly. I always wanted to take DS1 to an environmental physician to see if it would help but XH wouldn't have it. He still rages like that and he's 13. Its a whole lot uglier scene when they are 5 ' 8" and 180 lbs and can swear like a trucker.

I did a search for the homemade pedialyte, the other ingredient is baking soda. I have all the ingredients here so I can make it up if needed. So far the kids are doing good on chicken broth and tummy comfort tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
coconut water.

Pat
Thanks! I will try to pick some up tomorrow. HFS is closed for the night.

#382 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 AM

She is in the finished outside room now, with a litter box, food and bed. I am so excited and happy! And so sad and sorry for her. She is terrified and confused.
Going to go spend some time with her as soon as I get DS2 down.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#383 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

She is in the finished outside room now, with a litter box, food and bed. I am so excited and happy! And so sad and sorry for her. She is terrified and confused.
Awwww, poor kitty. And yay, now she's home!

#384 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Dd's almost 3!
Her "I DON't," said with a certain shrieking emphasis on the 'don' seems oddly reaction related. She's normally pretty easy going, but even dh noticed when it went away (with 2 days of multi's) and then came right back. With the vitamins and sunscreen, it's totally different though. Very much a 'No, what are you trying to do to me? I thought you were going to protect me mommy, I know better than to fall for that' sort of urgency. So now any little thing specifically for her is suspect. If it's straight out of the serving dish, or off my plate it's fine. (yeah, I'm sneaking things in there to my advantage already )
Doh - somehow in my mind she was just turning two .

If she's almost 3, how does she do with choices? Like....

"Do you want cereal or eggs for breakfast... OK, do you want a big bowl or a little one... Do you want a chocolate or peanut butter vitamin (dipped) this morning?"

DD loved the control in making choices - and if I could make her giggle with some of them, so much the better.

#385 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm still here, I just read now. I find I get overwhelmed and don't have anything positive to contribute most of the time, so just reading is easier on my stress level.

Hugs to everyone having a tough time, I do wish things were getting easier for everyone. We have our own ups and downs, but I'm choosing to keep pushing forward.

Just wanted to post a little PSA:

Feed your freezer!!!!! Even if it's just one or two safe meals, snacks or something.
Two weeks ago I was suddenly realizing I had nothing prepared in the freezer in case I get sick. DH can't and won't cook for us, so I started putting a few premade things in (meatballs, lamb burgers, meatloaf, rice pasta/pumpkin sauce, soups)
Thank goodness I did, because I came down with the flu last week. DS didn't so he was still his regular hungry self, and my supply tanked with my fever. Luckily I could pull out some foods for him (and me when i could eat)

I'll still continue to read... ~~~~ healing to everyone
#386 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
coconut water.
I second the coconut water. When my DD2 went in the hospital, the pediatrician was worried because at the time she could have rice milk and water and that was it, so he wanted her on IV fluids. After that, I researched it and always keep a carton of coconut water in my fridge. I'd also do bone broth with extra salt.

Quote:
That is interesting re the behavior. Have you read that book "Is This Your Child?" by Dr. Doris Rapp? http://www.drrapp.blogspot.com/ That was the first book I picked up when I started suspecting DS1 issues were food-related (10 years ago I'm old). There is a lot of info on behavior and "brain allergies". The treatment, if I recall, was sublingual and said to stop a reaction quickly. I always wanted to take DS1 to an environmental physician to see if it would help but XH wouldn't have it. He still rages like that and he's 13. Its a whole lot uglier scene when they are 5 ' 8" and 180 lbs and can swear like a trucker.
I found an environmental physician. That's who did the intradermal testing on DD2 and DS 2-3 years ago (where they inject the allergen under the skin in 3 ascending doses). They still came out negative to everything and he said "well, maybe they're intolerances" so he did us no good.

DS still has his lip rash but I think it's going away. It had to be the trumpet cross-contamination with DH drinking his coffee with half & half in it, and it's got to be just contact this time because he didn't have any other symptoms. Just so weird. And he's only had the lip reaction to soy so far, not milk, but there was nothing else it could be, so I'm chalking it up to that and getting DH his own mouthpiece! He went to the dentist yesterday to get his tooth pulled. That was fun. NOT! Again, 3 people had to hold him down to get the novacaine shot (one was me, I was leaving dents in his hands because he was trying so hard to pull his hands up to knock the dentist away). How do you get a kid to calm down when they're freaking out like that? Should I have given him more mag beforehand? It's just him freaking out thinking about it. Because afterwards he always says it wasn't so bad.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#387 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM

DD#2 usually wakes up an hour after I put her down crying for me. On a good night I nurse her back down easily. On a bad night it takes hours. Last night was a really good night. She stayed asleep for more than 2 hours and easily went back to sleep. I was thinking over my day and what we ate to see if anything stood out (not currently keeping a food journal). Well this morning she had a runny mucus filled poop. Guess I can't repeat yesterdays menu safely.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#388 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM

I haven't tried eggs on DS in a year, and I'm thinking of trying it again. It was one of the ones that came up as "mild" on the ALCAT test, but he'd cry for 2-3 hours (big wracking sobs) the next day after eating them. So do you think I should try yolks first? or whites? or just the whole thing (I was thinking of baking it in something so that he doesn't know it's there)? And WhoMe what's the thing I'm supposed to increase?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#389 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It can get obsessive for me if I am not careful. I have to make a decision to chill out and almost ignore the little stuff unless its really persistent just so I can have a normal life.
I am so with you on this. I tend to get obssessed about this in a bad way and I really have to step back and check myself regularly. That's why I stopped the TED and now I mostly ignore small reactions (or what I think are reactions). It really works a lot better for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

Yay JR! So glad you found your cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by springmum View Post
I'm still here, I just read now. I find I get overwhelmed and don't have anything positive to contribute most of the time, so just reading is easier on my stress level.
I totally understand this, but what I love about this forum is that I can stop in when I can and am still welcomed by the wonderful mamas on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I haven't tried eggs on DS in a year, and I'm thinking of trying it again. It was one of the ones that came up as "mild" on the ALCAT test, but he'd cry for 2-3 hours (big wracking sobs) the next day after eating them. So do you think I should try yolks first? or whites? or just the whole thing (I was thinking of baking it in something so that he doesn't know it's there)? And WhoMe what's the thing I'm supposed to increase?
Did ALCAT test whites and yolks separataly? DD's ELISA test had them as separate items. If not, I would start with the yolks since they are supposed to be less allergenic.

So has anyone seen this report? http://www.environmentalhealthnews.o...ead-in-vinegar I really want to just stop reading the news. I love red wine vinegar and just not sure what to make of this.

I am sick again with what I think is bronchitis for the 2nd time in a month. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I've been sick more than well for the past several months. I take FCLO, zinc, SA, and mag daily (along with B vitamins, mo, biotin, milk thistle). I just started a D supplement again (had run out of this one a while ago). I eat healthy (no processed foods, dairy, gluten, soy, several other things). I don't know what else to do. I wonder if it's something I'm eating, or my adrenals being screwed up, or something else? Any suggestions as to what I can do to boost my immune system?

DD is doing well, except she is teething. She cut 6 teeth in 2 weeks, and I think she has more coming. It's amazing. She had 6 teeth at 16 mos and then they all came out at once. She was crying out all night last night (and has been for the past several nights). I would think its a reaction but she has no other symptoms and her hands are constantly in her mouth. Oh, and she decided to climb over the back of the couch this morning and fell on her head on the wood floor and now has a big bump. Poor thing. Isn't there some connection with climbing kids and allergies??
#390 of 1157 Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kathy, not to be a downer (I feel like I write that a lot) but now may not be the best time to trial new foods. Seeing a significant, short-term change from mag and B6, to me says he's really, really low, he's got more stresses going on, more out of balance. If you really want eggs back, I'd try to gather a good set of nutritional supps and do that for maybe a month? And then consider trialling foods; I'm just worried that your likelihood of success if particularly low now.

I think I've missed a lot of posts, I need to go back and re-read.

earthmama--this is probably obvious to everyone but me, but when DD was a little toddler and had a nasty vomiting/diarrhea illness and was getting dehydrated, it never occurred to me to pump and give her breastmilk (she wasn't interested in nursing). I tried commercial pedialyte, only a little stayed down. Maybe milk would've been better, maybe worse, hard to know, but at least it tasted better and doesn't stain carpet. Glad you found a recipe.

springmum--I _really_ need to feed my freezer, have been frustrated with the situation lately. And on sick kid days, by 5pm I am really not interested in just starting to cook dinner--I'm exhausted! And my sick days were worse (last week)... so yeah, good suggestion.

I may be away abruptly, my computer is making ominous sounds. Searching locally for a computer repair person.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page