November Chat! (no, I'm not creative) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1157 Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
My sister and I were blog hopping and found the coolest aprons--whome, I thought of you (because you sew, lol). They were awesome! Add a back and I'd wear it as clothes!
well? link?

I spent naptime perusing the make at home toys thread, getting inspired for the holidays. There's hannukah, her bday and xmas all at once. And if we don't give the IL's a VERY specific list, we get the top 9 (hannukah+bday) big plastic toys off of amazon. I feel a strong need to make homemade stuff to counter balance all that!

I feel sick. I ate too much bread or too much butter or too many eggs, or something. I think it's my blood sugar, and I don't know how to fix at this point. Yuck.

And I think dd's reacting to the miracle multivitamins Lots of pee misses after being 100% dry for weeks, starting with bright yellow vitamin pee. And lots of poop today. I was ignoring it before since she was sick, but... I've had it in the back of my mind that the reason she flips out when I try to give them to her is cause she's sensitive to them... Blah.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#182 of 1157 Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
And I think dd's reacting to the miracle multivitamins Lots of pee misses after being 100% dry for weeks, starting with bright yellow vitamin pee. And lots of poop today. I was ignoring it before since she was sick, but... I've had it in the back of my mind that the reason she flips out when I try to give them to her is cause she's sensitive to them... Blah.

So I started the b6 (p5p) last night- took one, and one this morning along with my Thorne multi, some D, C, calcium, biotin... the usual pile of pills. DD has been much less scream-y today, and her face is a little less bumpy. I, on the other hand, don't feel so great. I was a little dizzy earlier, and for the past 2 hours I've had a KILLER headache, which is pretty unusual for me. Is it the b6? I think I'm going to take some natural calm tonight (not sure if it's safe or not... I guess we'll see), see if that relaxes me a bit....

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#183 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Mo got rid of wheezing, red cheeks, and eczema for dd all at once, and it got rid of dh's symptoms that sounded a lot like asthma, but he never got the inhaler to test the diagnosis. That's how the doc wanted to diagnose - here, get an inhaler and see if it helps

I wonder what the thyroid/selenium/asthma connection is...
I just noticed this. Hmm, I've been excited for mo for dd1 (still am) but dd2 is the one with red cheeks and (new to us) eczema on her hands...could my order just get here already???

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#184 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
So I started the b6 (p5p) last night- took one, and one this morning along with my Thorne multi, some D, C, calcium, biotin... the usual pile of pills. DD has been much less scream-y today, and her face is a little less bumpy. I, on the other hand, don't feel so great. I was a little dizzy earlier, and for the past 2 hours I've had a KILLER headache, which is pretty unusual for me. Is it the b6? I think I'm going to take some natural calm tonight (not sure if it's safe or not... I guess we'll see), see if that relaxes me a bit....
It could easily be the B6 knocking something else out of balance. When I mess with my B's and get new symptoms, I start googling to see what deficiency best matches the new symptoms, and try to supp for that one. How many B's are in the multi? I'd start with a B complex if you're not already well covered. And mag seems like a good next bet.

#185 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I just noticed this. Hmm, I've been excited for mo for dd1 (still am) but dd2 is the one with red cheeks and (new to us) eczema on her hands...could my order just get here already???
The eczema showed up first for dd and had been there for maybe a month? Followed by a week or less of red cheeks, and just a day of weird breathing. You could always cook up some beans/lentils if you don't want to wait

#186 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
well? link?

I spent naptime perusing the make at home toys thread, getting inspired for the holidays. There's hannukah, her bday and xmas all at once. And if we don't give the IL's a VERY specific list, we get the top 9 (hannukah+bday) big plastic toys off of amazon. I feel a strong need to make homemade stuff to counter balance all that!

I feel sick. I ate too much bread or too much butter or too many eggs, or something. I think it's my blood sugar, and I don't know how to fix at this point. Yuck.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sashasews

http://search.anthropologie.com/?q=a...national=false

I love these! (If you make one, make me one, too!
and no clue why my links never work...sorry, cut and paste.

Sorry dd is reacting...that's lame. Hopefully, you can find another vite that works?

Blood sugar=adrenals for me. No fun.

eta: thx for the gifts link...found some cute things for the girls. argh. boys are just harder...and he's at that not-a-little-kid, not-a-big-kid stage. And I'm not too crafty anymore...I think my brain can only do so much...my desire to create has really burned out as of late. That is really sad...hmm...I need to get it back. I used to scrapbook, make wreaths, decor, blankets, jewelry...now I do, what? Cook. Cook. Cook. Clean. Read. Homeschool. Garden! Yay, there is something there!
Locally, everyone is learning photography. My sis is getting into cake decorating, she still sews and scrapbooks...I need to find a creative outlet that is cheap, lol.
Going home to bed. Sweet dreams.

okay, not quite yet. Beans! We do eat a lot of beans and dd2 hates them. Hmm...she'll eat them blended as a dip tho.
Note to self: Self, no more posting! Let others get a word in there! No one wants to read a whole page of posts a la dannic! Go to bed!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#187 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 AM

Cute aprons!

Quote:
My new theory is OD'ing on coconut oil in the bread. I might just be experiencing detox. It takes a lot to give me a detox reaction, so I don't really think about it. Maybe I'm more sensitive now.

And a link for kathy:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m3mr9ayg2n8lkafd/
talks about taurine, inflammation and UTIs. Just happened to come through my email...

#188 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Well big yay for DD being less screamy ...

I think mag is a good idea - dizziness and headaches (including migraines) are both low mag symptoms (can be other things too, but both fit that). If you have lots of Mo, and suddenly lots of B6, then a ton of reactions in your body probably got to work and sucked up all your mag...

ETA: You could try an Epsom salts bath as well/instead of the natural calm...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#189 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
That's awesome. Your theory is certainly good as anyone's b/c you know the terrain.

BTW, what are you using for anti-inflammatories?
Pure Encapsulations AI Formula. 2-3caps 3xday

Quote:
And off-topic: We try not to have a huge emphasis on the commercial aspects of Christmas; it gets out of hand so easily...but we do get each child a gift and I have a million ideas for dds, but am really struggling with what to do for DS (soon to be 7)...any ideas? We're not spending a ton as we're getting ready to build and saving towards that...he is getting legos for his bday and got them for Christmas last year and I am utterly clueless...he'd love legos; I just want to do something different. Ideas?
If he'd love Legos, get him Legos. My DS is 9yo and he's been getting Legos for every holiday since he was 3 or 4. Loves them. Go to www.legoeducation.com for something different. They have gear kits and lever kits and stuff. Found it last May. Some very cool homeschool stuff too.

Quote:
And a link for kathy:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/m3mr9ayg2n8lkafd/
talks about taurine, inflammation and UTIs. Just happened to come through my email...
I wonder what taurine is in...

And can I just say that adding chicken feet to my chicken broth was AMAZING gel wise. Wish I could use that in the cheese making experiment.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#190 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM

I just got great news! My nephew Lincoln (born prematurely at 25 weeks back in April) may actually get to go home after Thanksgiving! He still has major feeding issues, but they are going to put in a g-button and they are training my sister and her husband to take care of him. It will be soo much easier for them because they have been driving 1.5 hrs each way to the hospital every day, and will give them control over his care (they have been fighting with the doctors over his care). He will also get a lot more stimulation every day. He still has a long way to go but this is a huge step forward!
#191 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM

That's fantastic, Waluso!!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#192 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 03:20 PM

how exciting! yay for baby Lincoln!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#193 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Dug this up for another thread. Figured I'd post it here too, since it's been a while.

Chat thread links.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#194 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM

Little bit of a funny haha.
We have speakers attached to our tv and I have a hard time telling if they're on or the tv's turned up... They're only supposed to be used for movies or when playing music through the PS3.
Anyway, trying to nurse ds2 down for a nap and I go to turn the volume on the tv down so it won't distract him as much and realize the speakers are on. So I looked at him and said: Oh you turned the speakers on, did you?
His eyes go big and he nods.
Me: You know you're supposed to ask for permission, right?
Again, he nods.
Me: So who said you could turn the speakers on?
He stops nursing totally for a minute before he unlatches, gives me a little grin and points to himself: Me.

I had to keep myself from laughing.

#195 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Yay, lincoln!

my miso finally got here!

kathy, taurine is an amino acid, your body can make it, and it's a supp. Best food source is meat, as in, vegans have really really low levels of taurine. It goes along with mag, so if you're low mag, you likely could make use of more taurine.

I'm wiped. Can *I* just be reaction-free for a week or so, please? I think it was a lot easier to have dd to share the reaction metabolizing with rather than a hypersensitive body needing to clear it all on its own... Sigh. I felt great after dinner a couple nights ago

#196 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM

oh yeah, anyone looked into 23andme.com? $399 tests you for a bazillion gene SNPs. I can't find a comprehensive list, but it looks like it includes MTHFR, biotinidase, CBS (for transsulfuration), SUOX (sulfoxidation). I'm really intrigued, but not sure... Other prices I've seen were on the order of $1-1.5K which is just a bit too steep for me.

#197 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
oh yeah, anyone looked into 23andme.com? $399 tests you for a bazillion gene SNPs. I can't find a comprehensive list, but it looks like it includes MTHFR, biotinidase, CBS (for transsulfuration), SUOX (sulfoxidation). I'm really intrigued, but not sure... Other prices I've seen were on the order of $1-1.5K which is just a bit too steep for me.
SNPs?

#198 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I was wondering what that company does! I was driving on the highway last week and saw a blimp go by with the logo. Almost got into an accident trying to read it.
#199 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 07:11 PM

Anyone have experience (info/links) with aspergers?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#200 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
SNPs?
Single nucleotide polymorphisms. On MTHFR, C677T and A1298C are each examples of SNPs.

Waluso, I didn't realize they were local! Haha, they're walking distance - I could hand deliver the sample!

#201 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Yay, lincoln!

my miso finally got here!

kathy, taurine is an amino acid, your body can make it, and it's a supp. Best food source is meat, as in, vegans have really really low levels of taurine. It goes along with mag, so if you're low mag, you likely could make use of more taurine.

I'm wiped. Can *I* just be reaction-free for a week or so, please? I think it was a lot easier to have dd to share the reaction metabolizing with rather than a hypersensitive body needing to clear it all on its own... Sigh. I felt great after dinner a couple nights ago
Is this the soy free miso? What are you going to do with it? I have it in the fridge but haven't looked into recipes yet.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#202 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Is this the soy free miso? What are you going to do with it? I have it in the fridge but haven't looked into recipes yet.
Yeah, adzuki bean and rice (i think). Today, I just mixed it into broth for soup. Some sort of dressing/dipping sauce also sounds really yummy. Maybe on stir fry? Just remember that cooking it kills the probiotics, so add it just before serving.

#203 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM

i've only had miso once, in the form of miso soup. boy, was that good!

#204 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
i've only had miso once, in the form of miso soup. boy, was that good!
And a great excuse for eating seaweed

#205 of 1157 Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 PM

I have ghee. I am scared to trial it. But I really need the vit K (my teeth have been getting progresively more plaquey) and I can't add any more supps right now. Someone hold my hand.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#206 of 1157 Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Anyone have experience (info/links) with aspergers?
What kind of stuff do you need? DS is too young for that diagnosis, but it's quite possibly the way he's headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
I have ghee. I am scared to trial it. But I really need the vit K (my teeth have been getting progresively more plaquey) and I can't add any more supps right now. Someone hold my hand.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#207 of 1157 Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 AM

My six year old just woke up with croup. Anyone up? I need some love and healing vibes. We've been to the er a few times with croup. He seems too old for it.I if it gets any worse, we are going to the hospital.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#208 of 1157 Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
My six year old just woke up with croup. Anyone up? I need some love and healing vibes. We've been to the we a few times with croup. He seems too old for it.I if it gets any worse, we are going to the hospital.
i'm just going back to bed...
sorry he's sick
hoping he heals quickly and w/o medical intervention

#209 of 1157 Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
My six year old just woke up with croup. Anyone up? I need some love and healing vibes. We've been to the we a few times with croup. He seems too old for it.I if it gets any worse, we are going to the hospital.
Hugs honey. I hope it passes quickly.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#210 of 1157 Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM

so we didnt need to go to the er this time. It took a while to find the right homeopathic remedy, but I did. I'm so thankful because he started to have striations (is that the word?)
We all seem to be coming down with the cold that caused croup for Sam.

We were supposed to drive to NJ and visit my brand new niece on Saturday. Now I'm not sure if it is a good idea. blah.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page