Goat's Milk
Soy
Banana / Latex
Pineapple
Eggs
**possibly wheat**
Coconut
Watermelon *anything cross pollinated with ragweed/pigweed

So what do I feed him and give him to drink ?? He hates Juice and it really really upsets his tummy even if watered down .. his front 2 teeth have decay on them (he goes to dentist in 2 weeks) he has epilepsy and asthma so we are sure his meds may have caused some of it but he still has his bottle :

Please help me !!

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-07-2009, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No: Cow's Milk, goat's milk, soy, banana/latex, pineapple, eggs, wheat, coconut, watermelon

How old is he?
You can make fruit smoothies: frozen berries, enriched rice milk, peaches
have you tried different kinds of juices? there's cherry juice, grape juice, oj, etc. If you've only tried apple juice, maybe he is just sensitive to that.
You could also have him drink chicken broth (the good kind, simmered for 24 hours). It's full of nutrients. I love sipping it all winter long. Or water and make sure that he gets enough nutrients otherwise. My DD1 drinks water and smoothies for drinks.

Are these IgE allergies? Just curious, since if he was only tested for allergies, then it's possible that he has intolerances too (like the tummyache from juice). So you may want to keep a food journal to see if anything else comes up. Are you avoiding just wheat or all gluten?

My kids like baked salmon with sauteed spinach, chicken soup, mini meatball soup (with ground turkey meatballs, carrots, and celery), roast chicken with gravy from the drippings (thickened with sweet potato starch instead of wheat flour), pot roast, buckwheat pancakes, creamy buckwheat cereal (hot), Cream of rice cereal...

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#3 of 5 Old 11-07-2009, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes they were all picked up on allergy testing but the allergist only tested for allergens we thought he had so I have been watching him carefully. He does love OJ but it seems to bother him he gets a rash around his mouth ; he doesn't do grape juice or apple juice ; he drinks 32oz rice milk a day and we have done smoothies alot with DH's honey since it supposed to be good for allergies - seasonal we dont use meds for them unless he absolutely needs them since he is on seizure meds and we just dont like using too much on such a young boy (he's 2) ...

is there a good place to get recipes ?? we avoid all gluten (celiac's disease runs in DH's family) -- is that the right disease name b/c there is also chron's disease that runs in his family and IBS ...

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#4 of 5 Old 11-07-2009, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have recipes on my blog: www.kathysrecipebox.com and there is a link to the recipes thread on the resources sticky at the top of the page.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#5 of 5 Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do water and bone broth (as soup) for our main fluids.

With seasonal allergies, asthma and epilepsy plus family history of celiac and chron's, have you looked at underlying causes? Have you checked that he's getting lots of nutrients, especially folate, b6, zinc, magnesium, calcium, molybdenum? Vit A and D and K and a good balance of omega 3's to omega 6's? Probiotics?

It looks like he *can* have (I know nothing about ragweed/pigweed):
meat
fish
lentils
beans
nuts
nutritional yeast

rice
quinoa
millet
tapioca
arrowroot
buckwheat
potato
sweet potato

cabbage
sauerkraut
broccoli
kale
green beans
carrots
celery
summer squash?
winter squash?
cucumber?
tomatoes
onions
garlic
leeks

seasonings
maple syrup
sugar

What would you make if he could eat anything?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page