anyone have experience with Dr Yasko genetic testing & RNA products? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know she has a whole forum but I thought I'd ask here since I might get a more non-biased opinion. Is it worth it? So expensive, but if it answered my kids' health issues, definitely worth it.
#2 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 PM

I believe she is brilliant. However, I didn't jive with supplementing a child with 30+ nutrients, some multiple times a day. So, consider the supplement protocol and what you will DO with the information, if you have the testing done.

Pat

I have a blog.
#3 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 PM

I agree that she's brilliant, and I think she's really opened up some doors for some autistic kids. That said, I think she's also definitely a money making operation. The genetic testing is cool, but we've been able to figure out most of where my son likely is by some trial and error with much less expensive supps and nutrients.

The deal is, I'm not convinced there is any shortcut to figuring out the unique biochemistry of each of our kids. And throwing 30 supps a day at the problem is a real commitment - financially, but also in terms of time/effort and the relationship with your child (I found getting about 5 supps a day into my son was a real issue in him trusting me, relating well to food, etc - part of the reason I'm so thankful he'll swallow capsules now).

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#4 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
So, consider the supplement protocol and what you will DO with the information, if you have the testing done.

Pat
Good question...I don't see myself willing to do that much supplementation. I wonder if 23andme.com would give me a better general genetic picture. I can't figure out what all either test includes.
#5 of 7 Old 11-21-2009, 09:51 PM

What they said. I learned a lot of the biochem that I know thanks to her research and diagrams, and other people talking about her stuff. I just ordered genetic testing through 23andme (haven't even sent in the sample yet) and it looks like there's a lot of overlap (if not all of her stuff in the 23andme stuff) and 23andme is about 1/3 the cost. Of course, it doesn't come with the interpretation, but there's a lot of yasko interpretation to be found online.

eta: haha, we cross posted! did you know you can set up a sample account with 23andme and then look up specific genes to see if they test them?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#6 of 7 Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
What they said. I learned a lot of the biochem that I know thanks to her research and diagrams, and other people talking about her stuff. I just ordered genetic testing through 23andme (haven't even sent in the sample yet) and it looks like there's a lot of overlap (if not all of her stuff in the 23andme stuff) and 23andme is about 1/3 the cost. Of course, it doesn't come with the interpretation, but there's a lot of yasko interpretation to be found online.

eta: haha, we cross posted! did you know you can set up a sample account with 23andme and then look up specific genes to see if they test them?
That's exciting that most of her stuff is on 23andme...I'll set up a sample account. Didn't know I could do that. I'll look forward to hearing what you learn from the test.
#7 of 7 Old 05-15-2013, 12:38 PM

We have been using the Yasko Protocol with my son for one year. It has been truly amazing for him. He is a totally different kid today, than when we started a year ago, and I truly believe that it is due to what we are doing to heal his body using the Yasko Protocol.  Yes, it is expensive and yes there are many supplements involved. However, as the body heals, the amount of supplements are decreased. Along with genetic mutations, my son also has underlying viral issues, as well as yeast overgrowth, which contribute to the symptoms of autism. The only way to rid him of these chronic issues is through supplementation. We are not doing this protocol solely through Yasko. We have partnered with a doctor in our area who also believes in the effectiveness of this protocol. Regarding the expense, my husband and I look at it this way, If my son had another treatable, yet serious, disease such as cancer, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money for medication, chemotherapy, or whatever would be required to save my son's life. I truly believe that this protocol will recover my son from autism. We are witnessing it first hand, as we use this protocol. Yes, our budget it tight, but it is truly worth it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page