Happy (Holi)Days are here again!! Chat! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, does anyone have ideas about motion sickness and deficiencies/allergies/etc?

I spent a few months of my pregnancy unable to ride in a car, look at the computer or read a book because it made me feel like when I ride in the back of the airplane.

Fast forward to yesterday with the same sensation for most of the day... and no, I'm not pregnant.

Help?

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#62 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

My only experience with motion sickness was from B6 while pregnant. Maybe that's a clue?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#63 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
Hey, does anyone have ideas about motion sickness and deficiencies/allergies/etc?

I spent a few months of my pregnancy unable to ride in a car, look at the computer or read a book because it made me feel like when I ride in the back of the airplane.

Fast forward to yesterday with the same sensation for most of the day... and no, I'm not pregnant.

Help?
Nux vomica will help.

I'm thinking it is magnesium related. http://www.naturalhealthscience.com/...nesium-part-i/

Pat

I have a blog.
#64 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Help?
I get this too! For me it feels kind of like a woozy feeling, like I stood up too fast, but all day. Interesting. It seems like everything comes back to b6 and mag. Could it all be that simple?

Mom to DS(17) autismribbon.gif DS(15) autismribbon.gif DS(12) autismribbon.gif My gifted, quirky, wonderful teens!

Mama to Jack bouncy.gif11.08 and Liam  biggrinbounce.gif 9.11 and due with boy #6! stork-boy.gif  

Blissfully married to the love of my life since 8.8.8 partners.gif 

#65 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks. Nux Vomica is exactly what I pulled out as soon as I got home last night. It put me right to sleep.

I've been supping extra magnesium lately to increase levels in my breastmilk to improve Taslyn's state of mind... and it works.

So maybe I'm extraordinarily deficient right now? And that's why she got extra low?

I'll go talk to my crystal about it... I've noticed tinnitus lately too.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#66 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Hmmm. When I look up tinnitus I see alot of references to B-12 deficiency. And my crystal has been directing both me and Ben to take ALOT lately. I guess that could be it too. So why are we needing so much more B-12 and mag lately???

#67 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Help?
Ginger is supposed to help all kinds of nausea.

I finally got my popovers to work this morning. I'll be making those often!

And then I made a rum cake to bring to a Jr. Women's meeting tonight so that I actually get to have the treats.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about DD2. Next week, they make gingerbread houses at preschool. I'm not going to make all the stuff (even if I could) since it's not like they ever eat the finished house, but I guess I'll go supervise while she's making it. Toying with at least making the frosting out of safe TJ's confectioners sugar, because I'm figuring she might lick her fingers, but none of the candy decorations will be safe, so is it even worth it to make the frosting safe? I only have peppermint swirl candies that she could use for decorations. Or do I just let her go to town, make sure she doesn't lick her fingers, and not let her eat it?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#68 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Rum cake!

I'd probably make safe icing, at least, Kathy. It's SOO hard as a kid to keep your fingers out of your mouth when there's sugar involved. At least, it was for me.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#69 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Rum cake!

I'd probably make safe icing, at least, Kathy. It's SOO hard as a kid to keep your fingers out of your mouth when there's sugar involved. At least, it was for me.
You're making me feel like I should make the whole experience safe for her... I wonder if I could figure out gingerbread by next week (there is another gluten free kid in the class, so I could make enough for 2). I have candy cane sticks that are like 3" long, and little starburst red/white candy balls, and I could pulverize some of them to make glittery "dust". Any other ideas for decorations? That I can figure out/get my next Friday?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#70 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Like JR, I got bad morning/motion sickness from too much B6, but I definitely wasn't pg and it wore off after a half hour or so.

What other clues can I dig up...? I can't read in the car, AT ALL, but don't get much other motion sickness. Mag didn't have much effect on me until I mixed up my other supps (I'm guessing higher folate did it), and when mag doesn't effect me, I really don't like the taste of chocolate - so either I'm really not using it, or everything I *can* use it for is full-up?

Tinnitus seems to be at least somewhat adrenal related from what I can put together, but I'm not confident on that one. MIL got it suddenly after a car wreck (that night in bed) so I've looked it up off and on - though she doesn't think enough is known about nutrition/vitamins to believe my rec's I think I last landed on vit A for her.

Okay, my turn. Two days in a row, I got folate (LOTS) and biotin into dd. The first day, B12, too. Two nights in a row, she goes to sleep fine, then wakes up crying/upset, calms down, can't sleep (though tries hard) and eventually ends up getting up to play with dh downstairs at 4am (where dh falls asleep on the couch while she watches a movie and wakes him up for food ). She also had a wet diaper both nights, for the first time in a while. Dh actually likes the middle of the night time together, cause she's always super cute and sweet. Today, she didn't fall back asleep before I got up, but she's been in the BEST mood all morning. Silly, fun, full of energy, taking/ignoring redirection without getting upset, no interest in videos - basically what I would expect a normal kid her age to be like, rather than her super-cautious, lethargic, whatever self. Takes more out of me cause she's having fun making messes, but also makes me happy to see her like that. And she had a big not-so-good poop in the middle of it all (poop has been unstable for the past couple weeks).

Huh?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#71 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
You're making me feel like I should make the whole experience safe for her... I wonder if I could figure out gingerbread by next week (there is another gluten free kid in the class, so I could make enough for 2). I have candy cane sticks that are like 3" long, and little starburst red/white candy balls, and I could pulverize some of them to make glittery "dust". Any other ideas for decorations? That I can figure out/get my next Friday?
What are her restrictions?
http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recip...adhouse07.html

eta: oooh, dd would have a BLAST doing this for her bday party...

#72 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
that wasn't my intention. i just meant sticky sugar on fingers = fingers in mouth to me

There's a recipe for gingersnaps on Living Without's site that might be a nice jumping off point if that's helpful?
I'd probably just make safe icing though and provide some candies she can pop in her mouth (I'm sure the other kids will probably be indulging while they build) if you're certain she won't want to eat it afterward.

#73 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:

Help?
Google l-lysine and vertigo. can't hurt; might help

Quote:
Ginger is supposed to help all kinds of nausea.

I finally got my popovers to work this morning. I'll be making those often!

And then I made a rum cake to bring to a Jr. Women's meeting tonight so that I actually get to have the treats.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about DD2. Next week, they make gingerbread houses at preschool. I'm not going to make all the stuff (even if I could) since it's not like they ever eat the finished house, but I guess I'll go supervise while she's making it. Toying with at least making the frosting out of safe TJ's confectioners sugar, because I'm figuring she might lick her fingers, but none of the candy decorations will be safe, so is it even worth it to make the frosting safe? I only have peppermint swirl candies that she could use for decorations. Or do I just let her go to town, make sure she doesn't lick her fingers, and not let her eat it?
I'd do safe frosting. Frosting is yummy.

Just bought these graham crackers from Kinnikinnick at the HFS yesterday. Making a gingerbread house out of them is overly ambitious for me (unless daycare alerts me that they'll be doing such a project).

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#74 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Happy Holidays everyone! Haven't had a chance to read through the rest of the thread yet, but I just wanted to share some good news with everyone! We are trialing wheat this week and it is passing so far!!!

Also, my heavy metals test came in! I will be taking it some time this weekend. Maybe it will confirm my suspicions that I'm high in mercury.

Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you gals! Later on, after DS falls asleep I will (hopefully)get a moment to myself to read through the thread and get an update on everyone.

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

#75 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Lisa, DS seems to get that way from too little b6 - maybe all the mag supps you've been taking are running down your b6? (B6 helped me with morning sickness too).

Shannon, middle of the night waking - the happy, awake for hours kind - is classic low mag here. Is it possible the folate you got in her ran down her mag? (Sorry, I'm kinda dopey on folate, not our issue).

And DH's hair test came back - with red LOW copper. Which based on my reading, can sometimes indicate very high copper with totally crappy excretion of it. And high copper makes a lot more sense for him than low copper. So as of this morning, he's on the high copper regimen - holy boatload of zinc, LOL... But if it gets rid of his migraines for good, he'll be a happy dude.

I know someone else was interested in Cutler's high copper supps, so here it is, since it was tricky to find (sorry, no link, I just wrote it down): 25-50mg zinc 3-4x a day, 1000-2000mg C with every meal (helps stop copper absorption), 1000mcg molybdenum 3-4x a day for two weeks, then 1x/day. Milk thistle capsule 3-4x a day (to help bile, which is how copper is excreted). There are some other things you can take to help bile too (we're not doing yet) - taurine, glycine, phosphatidylcholine. B complex, and manganese 5-10g a day if you want.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#76 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Hmmm. When I look up tinnitus I see alot of references to B-12 deficiency. And my crystal has been directing both me and Ben to take ALOT lately. I guess that could be it too. So why are we needing so much more B-12 and mag lately???
My guess would be systemic stress after you got your amalgams out. I saw a lot of changes as a fundamental balance in my body seemed to change once I got them all out, and your nutrient needs could be quite a bit higher through this time. Seems like quite a few people on the frequent dose chelation group have had tinnitus. I haven't, but I've seen it come up repeatedly. Watch out for that low cycle that Cutler described, where about 3 months after amalgam removal, there's a down cycle for about 3 months, and then improvement restarts and continues.
#77 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASusan View Post
Making a gingerbread house out of them is overly ambitious for me (unless daycare alerts me that they'll be doing such a project).
It's more than I would've tackled on my own as well, but it's going to be a group project for one our co-op classes. I found crackers that will work for us, thicker and fairly graham-cracker-shaped, now I need to figure out frosting that will hold it together. Apparently most gingerbread icing recipes contain milk for the stickiness. I am assuming someone, somewhere in the world has blogged about their very successful gfcf gingerbread house. I hope.

As the kids get older, it's getting more frustrating, I think DD especially _feels_ different. I guess that was inevitable and just part of the deal, but still, not great. Well, when I get a recipe, I think we'll do a project here at the house of making and decorating--the class is doing a single, group gingerbread house, and then will eat it. Well, I figure it's best to let the kids construct and decorate with the other kids, and then eat separately--right? Vs constructing/decorating our own, and then eating our own?
#78 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Hmmm. My crystal is saying its about B-12... so I guess I'll bark up that tree for awhile. Tanya, I think my increased mag is definitely about detoxing. But I crystal test EVERYTHING twice a day, so I think I'm staying on top of it. I hope.

Interesting progress you're making Shannon!

Deb- that is ALOT of moly and zinc! I hope it works...

I sent Ben in for a bunch of blood work at a health fair today... the whole chem panel, homocysteine, CRP, hormones, thyroid, etc...

#79 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I'd be concerned about a potbelly, but I know some folks are not.
Chiming in late, but this was dd's main physical aspect for gluten intolerance...huge, HUGE belly! I had people begging me to put her in bikini's at stores because of it. She didn't run the typical wasting child symptoms at all, rather, was a bit puffy and had tht ginormous (sadly) belly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama4 View Post
I just looked at the HUGE PPD thread (the natural cure one -right?) over on the PPD forum and found a link for a book (I'll try to go back and paste it here for anyone else) read the excerpts and whadayaknow - big reason for PPD is SURPRISE being low in zinc, mag, b-6, omega 3's, and folate due to the SAD and lack of traditional preparation for reducing phytic acid, soaking sprouting, sour leavening, etc ....does this sound familiar to anyone?!? Good grief! ITS EXACTLY ALL THE SAME STUFF I FIND WHEN I RESEARCH HEALING DS'S ISSUES! The connections astound me, they really, really do. So weird that my possible PPD/A/OCD makes figuring out and coping with DS's intolerances so hard and confusing and yet they are both symptoms of the same root problem. I believe it's called epigenetics... A good book is: Trace your genes to health, Reading.
The Mood Cure helped me, and that thread, lol...

ETA: Here's the link to the book http://www.rebuild-from-depression.com/book/book.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolie-fleur View Post
Hi there, Mamas. I fell off the wagon WRT to posting last month but I'm here to learn and "help" (if I can) this month. I've read most of last month's thread. I'm hoping this can be a positive and happy month for all you hard working mamas!

One thing that I think I've seized upon for DS1 is that he is totally avoiding almost all protein. I think he is too high in copper! It kind of makes all of his symptoms make sense. I've also read that soy is high in copper and he LOVED his soy milk as a baby. I feel so guilty.

One of my major issues with DS1 is his attention issues (suspect ADHD). We actually have an appointment with a psychiatrist for "meds" this month. I haven't decided if I'll even try them now but I'm getting all the expert advice.

We've been gluten free/dairy free for six months. DS2 is doing great. He is finally a "chubby baby" for the first time! He is two years old and is gluten intolerant. DS1 shows no improvement whatsoever from not ingesting gluten. I'm often tempted to reintroduce gluten to see if symptoms improve but then I'm afraid that if I don't keep the course that I'll regret the six months of elimination that we have behind us.
A great book to check out is Bock's Healing the New CHildhood Epidemics (autism, allergies, adhd, and asthma). Very insightful. DD has adhd tendencies, but I believe they are a symptom of metabolic dysfunction and nutritional deficiencies. When her kettle runs over is when it's at it's worst...You gotta do what you gotta do, but from the stuff I've read about ritalin and other anti-psychotic drugs that they are placing our kids on these days scares the pants off me! (Sorry if I came off too strong, just know there are repercussions with taking any med and the meds they prescribe for adhd have some hellish outcomes for some kids...)

WhoMe...I was thinking about you and your dd last night...is there an way you can use incentives (like a sticker chart) for taking supps? I do this with dd...I have also been known to have a no argument policy for supps, even for my LO's if I KNEW they needed it...not in a mean, or punishment way, but in the same way someone might be strict with a child with diabetes needing insulin or some such thing...now I don't know your dd, so I don't know if you could pull that off (maybe dh could?). There are just some things that dd needs-NEEDS-in order to function, and I need her to have it too. She doesn't argue it anymore because she knows it's nt up for discussion. She'll be five soon ,but she was two when I started...just wondering if the outcome of having her on supps regularly would outweigh what her reaction to HAVING to take her supps would be??? (Just a thought...YOU are the expert in your home; mama knows best.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#80 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:

Help?
Hormones. I get this every month in conjunction with fluctuating hormones. Much, much worse when pregnant...can't read, develop light sensitivity (too bright? nausea...dusk? nausea), equilibrium (standing up, sitting down...nausea). No fun. I feel your pain. If you figure out a cure, let me know...When my hormones are regulated, this goes away. How to keep them from fluctuating...oh wait, they're supposed to do that.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#81 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 11:56 PM

Really Danni? So what part of the month do you experience it? Yesterday was day 8 of my cycle and today (not much better is day 9). Oh goodness, I hope I'm not doomed to deal with this throughout pregnancy again.

So if its about hormones for us, could it be about the way our bodies detox hormones?

#82 of 874 Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
...I have also been known to have a no argument policy for supps, even for my LO's if I KNEW they needed it...not in a mean, or punishment way, but in the same way someone might be strict with a child with diabetes needing insulin or some such thing...now I don't know your dd, so I don't know if you could pull that off (maybe dh could?). There are just some things that dd needs-NEEDS-in order to function, and I need her to have it too. She doesn't argue it anymore because she knows it's nt up for discussion.
This is what we've done with DS. He used to fuss and squirm and not take things. But we held our ground, especially with respect to one particular medicine. He now takes things as a matter of course.

I do give him 2 chocolate chips to chase his CLO.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#83 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
WhoMe...I was thinking about you and your dd last night...is there an way you can use incentives (like a sticker chart) for taking supps? I do this with dd...I have also been known to have a no argument policy for supps, even for my LO's if I KNEW they needed it...not in a mean, or punishment way, but in the same way someone might be strict with a child with diabetes needing insulin or some such thing...now I don't know your dd, so I don't know if you could pull that off (maybe dh could?). There are just some things that dd needs-NEEDS-in order to function, and I need her to have it too. She doesn't argue it anymore because she knows it's nt up for discussion. She'll be five soon ,but she was two when I started...just wondering if the outcome of having her on supps regularly would outweigh what her reaction to HAVING to take her supps would be??? (Just a thought...YOU are the expert in your home; mama knows best.
It's an idea... With me, it wouldn't fly but there's a chance dh could initiate it then I could take over once it's established (he's not so hot on remembering/consistency). On the other hand, dd and I actually got out of the house to walk to the grocery store. Between my chair arrest and my homework, I haven't done any grocery shopping/farmers markets in AGES. I had fun with dd, saying yes to a bunch of stuff. We started by looking in the window of the ice cream parlor and deciding it would be fun to make (b-complex) chocolate fudge. And then we got her sushi (lots of tuna/salmon for B6/EPA/DHA) and seaweed salad (iodine) and chicken liver pate and blueberry b monster odwalla. And she was way excited about all of it. The girl does make great choices when we let her... I'm thinking it might be time to bring the focus back to foods. The only way I can get these supps in seems to be with sugar (emergenC, juice, lollipops, gummy bears, fudge, popsicles...) and it just feels so wrong, especially when I complain about how many carbs she's eating. I think I need to find the balance...

Quote:
Really Danni? So what part of the month do you experience it? Yesterday was day 8 of my cycle and today (not much better is day 9). Oh goodness, I hope I'm not doomed to deal with this throughout pregnancy again.

So if its about hormones for us, could it be about the way our bodies detox hormones?
Methylation (esp for estrogen) and sulfoxidation (for the b6 connection)? Methylation would totally fit with the B12.

#84 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 01:48 AM

What are some causes of adult reflux? It kept me from eating/gaining weight in the third trimester with dd, and it's starting up again now but is intermittent, and tends to start specifically in the late afternoon. There's got to be some rhyme or reason. I saw, I think it was Mercola? has a reflux supp that's basically serotonin and methylation support, but that doesn't seem to fit for me.

#85 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Happy Post:

I've been having some great nutritional connections with my family.
My mom has suffered with extreme gerd for years. I think it was going towards Barret's disease for her. She takes OTC antacids. She tends to ignore her physical signs, but now that I am her hired NP, I am requiring her She figured out some of her triggers. I also think she has a hiatal hernia, which I am trying to figure out how to help her with. She stopped or reduced her triggers (caffeine being a biggie), is taking slippery elm lozenges. The important one is the homeopathy. It is able to stop the pain in its tracks. Totally amazing. I also increased some of her body healing supps. What a relief for me for her to be almost pain free but also not taking an acid reducer. My next thing is to figure out kidney health. She really retains water and I am suspecting it is kidneys.

My grad school brother saw my comment on FB about MTHFR and B12. It was a plea for help. Two months ago, he called me for supp ideas to help prevent the flu. I gave him the basic suggestions. It turns out he has had amazing results with the supplements. He went to learn about magnesium and found out he could get off his anxiety meds with 700 mg of mag. His back spasms stopped and restless leg syndrome, along with a few other things. He is totally open to nutritional stuff now. He did research on MTHFR and B12 and found stuff and UNDERSTOOD it. wow. He even posted on Heartfixer.com and understood it. It was awesome to be able to talk to him over the phone about. He kept on saying that all of this was our family. I sent him on a mission to understand low dopamine and what could be done about it. Like i said on FB - We have fresh brains ladies. He is not a burnt out mama. He can totally help us.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#86 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Cool, m2s! I'm trying to get my mom to break her cheese addiction and then I think she'll be seeing similar great results. What's your brother in grad school for? See if you can point him down the path of bh4 and purine synthesis for low dopamine my background project is to come up with things that lower bh4 synthesis, besides genetics.

#87 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
What are her restrictions?
http://www.pamelasproducts.com/recip...adhouse07.html

eta: oooh, dd would have a BLAST doing this for her bday party...
No xanthan gum.

Quote:
that wasn't my intention. i just meant sticky sugar on fingers = fingers in mouth to me

There's a recipe for gingersnaps on Living Without's site that might be a nice jumping off point if that's helpful?
I'd probably just make safe icing though and provide some candies she can pop in her mouth (I'm sure the other kids will probably be indulging while they build) if you're certain she won't want to eat it afterward.
I'm going to bring her a couple of candies that she can eat while she's decorating. The teachers actually don't let them eat stuff while they're decorating. And with my other kids, we always put it up on the piano (which we don't have anymore so I have to find another high place) and they just looked at it. The kids made one from a kit last year, and we kept it about a week, then chucked it. So I'm not going to make myself crazy. She usually just wipes her hands on her shirt vs. licking her fingers off, even if it's something good/safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
What are some causes of adult reflux? It kept me from eating/gaining weight in the third trimester with dd, and it's starting up again now but is intermittent, and tends to start specifically in the late afternoon. There's got to be some rhyme or reason. I saw, I think it was Mercola? has a reflux supp that's basically serotonin and methylation support, but that doesn't seem to fit for me.
Pregnancy. Everything is pushing against everything else. I got it in my 3rd trimester with all the kids, though less-so with DD2 because I didn't gain as much weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
My grad school brother saw my comment on FB about MTHFR and B12. It was a plea for help. Two months ago, he called me for supp ideas to help prevent the flu. I gave him the basic suggestions. It turns out he has had amazing results with the supplements. He went to learn about magnesium and found out he could get off his anxiety meds with 700 mg of mag. His back spasms stopped and restless leg syndrome, along with a few other things. He is totally open to nutritional stuff now. He did research on MTHFR and B12 and found stuff and UNDERSTOOD it. wow. He even posted on Heartfixer.com and understood it. It was awesome to be able to talk to him over the phone about. He kept on saying that all of this was our family. I sent him on a mission to understand low dopamine and what could be done about it. Like i said on FB - We have fresh brains ladies. He is not a burnt out mama. He can totally help us.
That's awesome!! I love happy posts!

#88 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Man, I tell you, I'm going to be some messed up in 20 years if I don't chelate or something. Between the river I posted about and the town I lived in which had mining as the major industry whose main employer was voted the worst pollution offender in Canada (for the mining industry) with such waste goodies as mercury, cadmiuim, lead, arsenic and nickel being released into the air and water, I'm sort of surprised I've made it this far with as few difficulties as I have.
I still haven't looked at possible toxic exposures in the town my mom grew up in. Sort of scares me now, with a steel mill and the biggest psych ward in the province there, not to mention I remember it being voted as having the worst water in the province and being surrounded by conventional farmland.
I haven't told you all about my gran and I won't get into details but I'm now convinced she had serious nutritional deficiencies in her later years as I've found evidence of it based on symptoms I've been reading. It makes me even more sad for the state to which she was reduced. If I'd known then what I know now... All I can hope is that when my mom gets older, I will be able to care for her so she won't suffer needlessly.

eta: I really need to get a hair test.

#89 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
eta: I really need to get a hair test.
I really need the Cutler book. Even our intralibrary loan doesn't have it. And it's expensive. Then maybe I could figure out what our hair tests meant! And then save enough money to get all my fillings taken out (which means crowns and who knows what else for my molars). That's going to be a chunk of change.

#90 of 874 Old 12-04-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
No xanthan gum.

I'm going to bring her a couple of candies that she can eat while she's decorating. The teachers actually don't let them eat stuff while they're decorating. And with my other kids, we always put it up on the piano (which we don't have anymore so I have to find another high place) and they just looked at it. The kids made one from a kit last year, and we kept it about a week, then chucked it. So I'm not going to make myself crazy. She usually just wipes her hands on her shirt vs. licking her fingers off, even if it's something good/safe.

Pregnancy. Everything is pushing against everything else. I got it in my 3rd trimester with all the kids, though less-so with DD2 because I didn't gain as much weight.
I was thinking the mix/recipe could be a jumping off point for figuring out your own gingerbread, and that we could help you look for safe candy, but it sounds like you've got it covered

Does *everyone* get reflux at the end of pregnancy? I didn't gain much weight at all with dd (though she was huge). The fact that it doesn't start till late afternoon, and doesn't have much to do with how much is in my stomach makes me think there's something more going on.

JR. You'll figure it out, I'm sure of it, and your mom will do so much better because of your efforts!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page