Heart racing after eating?!?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so miserable right now I just took a nerve pill to try to get my heart to slow down, my pulse is 134 bpm. I've noticed that these bad episodes, like I am having now, happen after eating. I"m too full. I just ate a bunch of cheesy pasta at applebee's. 15 minutes after eating, if that, my heart started racing like this. I HATE IT. It's similar to a panic attack, but more intense. Any insight?

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#2 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had been experiencing the same thing recently. I think it has to do with heartburn/digestive stuff. It helps if I walk around after I eat and also try to sip cold water.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#3 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post
I had been experiencing the same thing recently. I think it has to do with heartburn/digestive stuff. It helps if I walk around after I eat and also try to sip cold water.
thanks.. maybe that's why I'm so thirsty.. getting ice water now. Thanks again for the reply, I get pretty "stuck" when I feel like this, and have been sitting in this chair like a zombie since I got home

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#4 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 09:48 PM

I get the exact same way if I eat a meal too high in carbs or if something contains MSG. A few weeks ago we went to a pasta place for dinner for a birthday and I ate a bun and then a big plate of spaghetti and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. My heart was racing, I was sweaty and a bit panicky. Another time we tried a new chinese food place and had a racing heart and chest pain within minutes.
#5 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 09:58 PM

This is something that had been bothering me as well. I mentioned it at my last doctor's appointment and she said it indicated an allergic reaction. She said to keep a food diary in order to pin point the exact cause although it sounds like you may already have an idea. The "pulse test" is an allergy test and simply measures your pulse after a possible allergen contact/ingestion. Hope that helps!
#6 of 6 Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 PM

I just reading about this on Marks Daily Apple. A person was having these heart racing episodes but have disappeared since going Paleo. This probably means you have a sensitivity to gluten and/or dairy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page