Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#422 of 426 Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
so what saved it?
I have no clue. I think what set it off was me supping iodine, and I stopped when I ran out and never got any more. I'm assuming that it started getting better at that point, but I wasn't tracking very well at that point.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#423 of 426 Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 PM

So dd being all off-balance then might have been a result of weird thyroid crashing milk, and back to normal thyroid might have fixed? Maybe the sprinkle of K was just coincidence? Or maybe it helped a little but wasn't the *key*?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#424 of 426 Old 09-10-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
So dd being all off-balance then might have been a result of weird thyroid crashing milk, and back to normal thyroid might have fixed? Maybe the sprinkle of K was just coincidence? Or maybe it helped a little but wasn't the *key*?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.... but I don't get *why*. Why would my thyroid affect her oxalates? Maybe it affected my oxalates and I was passing a ton through my milk or something?? Who knows.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#425 of 426 Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.... but I don't get *why*. Why would my thyroid affect her oxalates? Maybe it affected my oxalates and I was passing a ton through my milk or something?? Who knows.
If it affected her, then affected your milk, but how? That's the sort of research that if I were a lab person, I'd love to do. I can think of a number of reasons - maybe it started using your nutrients differently, and so there was a different mix. Like if it depleted selenium which reduced antioxidants, or if it used up b6 or stopped converting something to the right form or... Or maybe it increased 'toxins' like oxalates or free radicals or something. Or just messed with mitochondria function. Is there thyroid hormone in milk?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#426 of 426 Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
If it affected her, then affected your milk, but how? That's the sort of research that if I were a lab person, I'd love to do. I can think of a number of reasons - maybe it started using your nutrients differently, and so there was a different mix. Like if it depleted selenium which reduced antioxidants, or if it used up b6 or stopped converting something to the right form or... Or maybe it increased 'toxins' like oxalates or free radicals or something. Or just messed with mitochondria function. Is there thyroid hormone in milk?
yes, there is. thyroxine passes through milk.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page