What should I be expecting in terms of digestion? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2010, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In an almost 2.5 year old, what should I expect in terms of her digestion? Her poop has never been formed ~ looks like a cross between oatmeal and salsa most days. She's on a TED right now and when she's only eating her 5 foods her poop is formed, smells like normal poop. But almost every food we trialed has failed, and now it seems like she's also not digesting rice (which she was before). Her poop yesterday was mushy, strange smelling, and full of rice. Then I thought, maybe rice doesn't get digested well? What about cooked carrots (also not digested)?

We're headed to the ped on Thursday and I'm not sure what we'll even tell him. I scheduled a consult (had one about a year ago and have had some tests done since then) but I'm just at a loss, tired of hearing that she has toddler diarrhea, or that she's eating too many or not enough fruits or veggies (I've heard both). 15 grapes in one day should not cause diarrhea in a normal healthy kid. Neither should a serving of green beans.

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :

User Tag List