B6
vitamin K (none in Basic Nutrients)
calcium
copper
iodine
iron
manganese
zinc

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#1112 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
So why is the sulfate in Epsom salts better than MSM? I think Pat might have discussed this a bit.

I just had my first bite of gluten in two years. It was a everything bagel. My pendulum said go for it, two bites in my pendulum was much less enthusiastic. I stopped eating it. Chewy chewy bagel how I love you. You will not be forgotten - forever haunting my pregnant obsessive thoughts. Sigh.
I thought MSM was sulfur (not already converted)?
I keep thinking about the BWP bagels I made which turned out reminding me of English muffins.

I wish I could get to sleep in a bed!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#1113 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
a half dose of the multi is lower than the prenatal in:
folate
pre-formed A
B6
vitamin K (none in Basic Nutrients)
calcium
copper
iodine
iron
manganese
zinc
A good reason to choose the (copper-free) multi, IMO. Maybe check if you're low, M2S? Most of us aren't but I guess a few of us are (JR? Ms-I-Need-Potassium-messing-with-all-the-norms ).

Though I think the Basic Nutrients multivits seem like they're probably supposed to be helped along on some things with one of the multi-mineral supps. Those mineral supps have some serious amounts of zinc.
#1114 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
A good reason to choose the (copper-free) multi, IMO. Maybe check if you're low, M2S? Most of us aren't but I guess a few of us are (JR? Ms-I-Need-Potassium-messing-with-all-the-norms ).

Though I think the Basic Nutrients multivits seem like they're probably supposed to be helped along on some things with one of the multi-mineral supps. Those mineral supps have some serious amounts of zinc.
Speaking of potassium...
The Basic Nutrients supplies it whereas the prenatal doesn't.

#1115 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
And how do you check if you're low in copper? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Some people say blood tests are fine for checking for *deficiency*, but I don't know how much I trust them...

Back to sorting baby clothes and diapers I think baby's possibly dropped

I had other stuff to respond to, but it involves more thought and I'm just stealing seconds on the computer. Must remember to come back to them...

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#1116 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
And how do you check if you're low in copper? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Some people say blood tests are fine for checking for *deficiency*, but I don't know how much I trust them...

I had other stuff to respond to, but it involves more thought and I'm just stealing seconds on the computer. Must remember to come back to them...

Although I hated it when DS3 dropped. Waddling around hurt.

#1117 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Not all the Thorne multis have copper though... there's 5 different formulations.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#1118 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Does anyone have good names for our March Chat thread? Cause I have zero creativity, I think that's been clear.

need to go back and re-read, posting suddenly got busy...
#1119 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post

I was thinking either pendulum, since M2S seems darn good with hers, or a taste test kit. Not exactly traditional, but...

Woo-hoo on dropping babies. I don't think either of mine dropped til labor--DD _seemed_ to drop, she felt different, but my midwife said she was still pretty high (so way-high to pretty-high?).

Remind us how many weeks you are? Cause you were 41w+ for DD, right?
#1120 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Does anyone have good names for our March Chat thread? Cause I have zero creativity, I think that's been clear.

need to go back and re-read, posting suddenly got busy...
March-ing through 2010.

#1121 of 1122 Old 03-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Kathy, on your lemon water (random, I know) what about stevia as a sweetener? Then it'd be more like lemonade.

Just had to get on here to post that. Random.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#1122 of 1122 Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Hmmm - maybe the sulfates are helping with something - high ammonia maybe? That causes problems for DS staying asleep.
I was just going to post my recent findings with Epsom salts and the ammonia issue! DS's pee has totally changed from being kinda smelly to not at all. (He still wears a diaper during the night so that's how I can tell.)

We are all about the Epsom salts here.... thanks for that website Shannon!

I'm considering a 50lb order from Salt Works.

Re: melatonin

This didn't work for me but I only got up to 5mg I think. 5HTP didn't work for either myself or DS. Jarrow's methyl B12 5000 sublingual however was the BOMB for getting me to sleep at night and sleeping better. When I did the research I concluded it was B12 which produces melatonin so that I why I tried it for that reason. I still take one every week or so just because.

Re: supplement purchasing

I adore IHerb. I'm now a VIP so I get 10% off $60 orders and 12% off $120. I've been ordering monthly for many years and only had 2 problems which they quickly corrected. If anyone wants my referral code to save $5 off first order, PM me.

Otherwise I get our CLO from Radiant Life and DS's salmon oil vitamin D from Vital Choice. I just use whatever vitamin D is lanolin derived D3 I can find. I've done Carlson's drops in past... Tanya would those work for you guys? I've been getting a free bottle of 30 - 5000 IU from IHerb several months in a row, they have a Free and Trials section that's always fun.

Re: another d-lactate free possibility?

www.culturelle.com is human strain L. Rhamnosus and is now dairy and FOS free, I think it used to have trace dairy and FOS?

Aren't you all so proud of me I combined my thoughts into one instead of serial posting like I usually do??

Oh and the yeast problems I've been noticing I think were not b/c of going GF but b/c our basement flooded again. And we have a hole in ceiling above our lovely bow window in the dining room from someone's refusal to fix the gutters and resulting water damage from this year's heavy rain and snow.

I have many stories like this. I have no doubt mold is central issue in DS's and my health. Oh but I'm just crazy dontcha now. And I overdo things. Everyone's basement floods, and smells when the forced hot air heat comes on. Everyone has a roof leak here and there don't they?

I cannot wait to get the &^% out of this house!!! At least I won't be sad the husband will be getting our (once) beautiful center entrance colonial in the divorce.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page