• 1 Post By lil_miss_understood
  • 1 Post By Daybyday2015
  • 1 Post By Erika Immekus

#1 of 5 Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello,
I am hetero-MTHFR gene mutation, and I'm wondering if my DS also has this mutation. He has TONS of food allergies/intolerances and is on an extremely limited diet. He is losing foods rather than gaining them because we don't have enough to rotate and he's been eating the same thing for so long that he's becoming hypersensative to them all. It's my understanding that this could be linked with the MTHFR mutation. Does anyone have any good articles on the link between MTHFR and allergies?? All I can find is info on it during pregnancy.

i want to have my DS tested for it, but I don't know who to go see to get that done. Most pedi's just don't know anything about it. Should I go to the allergist or a geneticist? I really really want to get down to the bottom of this and find the root of all of his problems!! I think I need something in writing to show the dr's to convince them to test him for it!

Thanks,
Valerie
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
somewhere floating around is a thread i think started by pat re: folate and allergies. it may have some useful links for you.
applejuice likes this.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesp1212 View Post
Hello,
I am hetero-MTHFR gene mutation, and I'm wondering if my DS also has this mutation. He has TONS of food allergies/intolerances and is on an extremely limited diet. He is losing foods rather than gaining them because we don't have enough to rotate and he's been eating the same thing for so long that he's becoming hypersensative to them all. It's my understanding that this could be linked with the MTHFR mutation. Does anyone have any good articles on the link between MTHFR and allergies?? All I can find is info on it during pregnancy.

i want to have my DS tested for it, but I don't know who to go see to get that done. Most pedi's just don't know anything about it. Should I go to the allergist or a geneticist? I really really want to get down to the bottom of this and find the root of all of his problems!! I think I need something in writing to show the dr's to convince them to test him for it!

Thanks,
Valerie
Did you find any information on this?

I'm an adult who also has this MTHFR hetero issue. AND I have lots of allergies (environmental, chemicals, animals, molds, dust, foods, etc)

I'd appreciate your sharing.

: )
applejuice likes this.

#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2016, 10:06 AM

MTHFR Presentation

I can help. There is a great presentation about MTHFR on mthfr.net. The site has a lot of good articles. I have the C677T mutation and also have a handful of autoimmune disorders/allergies(IBS, eczema,lichen sclerosus, 18 chemical allergies).
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 10-08-2016, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
There is a facebook page for this also with lots of good advice! Bring it here!

"My desire to be well-informed is at odds with my desire to be sane."

~~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page