Please help me feed my allergic 2 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-14-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is currently drinking rice milk (32oz a day) and he has epilepsy so he is taking Keppra 2x daily .. He is allergic to :

Cow's Milk
Egg
Soy
Goat's Milk
Banana

& Latex so we were told to avoid exotic fruits

I need help feeding him ... he isn't eating very well and I know he needs some diversity in his diet plus I am going to be in the hospital in a few weeks having our second child and he must stay with a grandparent (and they insist on feeding him foods he's allergic too so I need stuff I can prepare and freeze) .. Please help me !!! I need breakfast ideas; snacks ; meals ... Thanks!!!

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#2 of 6 Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Up in the resources section, there is a link to the recipes thread, which will have some recipes that are good for you. I have many recipes on my blog: www.kathysrecipebox.com. Neither 2 of my kids nor I can have any type of dairy or soy. My dd2 can't have bananas. And my ds can't have eggs.

You could make waffles and freeze them. My kids also like cream of rice, hot buckwheat cereal, millet porridge in the morning w/ a little maple syrup and cinnamon or nutmeg. Rice Chex. Puffed Rice. Puffed millet.
Will he eat things like canned salmon?
rice cakes
chickpeas (my kids eat them plain out of a can, or sauteed with olive oil and a little curry powder)
baked beans (these freeze well)
veggies (baked squash with a little maple syrup freezes well)
fruit smoothies (my dd's favorite is coconut milk, pineapple, blueberries) - leftovers can be frozen into popsicle molds

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#3 of 6 Old 02-15-2010, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Oh .. he's allergic to coconut and pineapple as well ... Cantalope and Watermelon ... I will look at your blog .. Thanks so much

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
#4 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 08:37 AM

Wow, all those allergies are the same as my kids allergies. Sure tough for meals. What about freezing soups?
Are you only looking for meal ideas for when he is at grandparents house?
#5 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

I am looking for meal ideas in general .. snack ideas too .. oh and breakfast ideas I have a horrible time trying to feed him

also we only have a foodlion and walmart to shop at so stuff is limited to us ... i have been crying all day b/c i feel so un-prepared what if i went in to labor tonite how will he get feed .. at this point i think iam going to hossy alone and letting him stay with his daddy

#6 of 6 Old 02-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jones sausages (look at the ingredients, not sure if there are different flavors). The ones we get are safe; frozen. We dip them in maple syrup (real, to avoid corn syrup in fake syrup).

fruit: canned peaches or pears (packed in pear juice)? Those travel well
pasta (kids love all sorts of shapes)
little meatballs? My kids liked meatballs plain, dipped in gravy, sauce, all sorts of things at that age. I just mix the ground meat with oregano, sea salt, pepper, parsley, and a little garlic powder. Roll them into little balls (marble size, though not sure if that would be a choking hazard) and bake for 10-15 minutes at 375F (15 minutes if they're a little bigger than marbles). Then you can serve some, and freeze the rest for other meals.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page