NAET appointment - log of progress. Need input. *UPDATE* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
If you're doing yeast stuff, then you could have "die off". Means different things for different people.

Do you know if it's an allergy or an intolerance? Some allergy people can tolerate soybean oil and/or soybean lecithin, but not all. And my kids, soy intolerant, can't tolerate either of those (or lactose, or whey, or any part of the milk, not just the protein).
No - doc didn't specify if it was an allergy or intolerance.
#32 of 36 Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM

How was she tested? that would tell you which it is.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#33 of 36 Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Muscle testing. Actually muscle of my DH when he held her. It is a kooky alternative therapy
#34 of 36 Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Personally, I would rule out allergies first (I did it with my kids, just so I knew which I was dealing with). Muscle testing is fine as long as the practitioner is good at it. That's intolerance testing. If that's the case, I'd take out ALL of whatever the food is (so for soy, all of it, lecithin is not okay, and if it's dairy, all dairy, even lactose). Because right now you're trying to get to baseline. After you get to baseline (no symptoms), then you can check to see if lactose is tolerated or lecithin, but you won't know if you don't take them out first.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#35 of 36 Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom View Post
nak

we bought the clo from the doc. Elite clo.

she said soy lecithin is ok for my DD.

Also that my DD does NOT have wheat allergy. Shouldn't I trust that?

I never had yeast issues and don't now either. I don't even know what it means to have yeast issues or the symptoms.
Well, my personal belief is that docs are sources of information, and we can use their info, but decide what works best and/or feels comfortable for us. Same with info from mamas on this board.

I think you've had some good info here, and some of it disagrees with your doc. Only you can decide how to balance those.

For yeast, I thought you said you had antibiotics? That's a big risk factor for developing yeast issues. One way babes get their gut flora is from us through breastmilk - so imbalances in their gut flora (like yeast) can often point to our own gut imbalance issues. If you don't know the ways that can manifest, you might want to explore it at some point.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#36 of 36 Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Yesterday we went for her one-month updated appointment. My DD is 9.5 mo old now.

We had seen that she was coughing and sputtering to the CLO so mentioned this to the doc - she tested that with my daughter (muscle testing again) and confirmed that yes she was - probably the Orange flavoring. She asked me to take the medicine instead (tested both of us and said she won't react through me....kooky I tell ya).

Anyway - we stuck to her medicines (except CLO) and noticed one thing: My DD whose weight had stalled for 5 weeks prior to this last month grew a whole pound in this last month. She went from 15#4 to 16#3. That in itself is very satisfying to me....

Could be the L-glutamine. Or the combination of neonate, homeopathic candida treatment and Glutamine.... OR....maybe she was co-incidentally supposed to gain weight this last month after a stall of 5 weeks, I don't know.

She said her Soy and Corn allergies are as strong as ever. She said her dairy seems to be lessening :crazy

She changed her homeo medicine to Cleo Alb (Candida 5X - from 6X). Earlier they were San drops now these are Alb drops. The earlier said it was for treatment of "sore gums". This one specifically says "treatment of soreness from Candida yeast infection". Whatever..... we are switching.

This whole month I saw no yeast die-off. Doc said that was ok. No lessening of Eczema. Doc said that skin afflictions are the last to go and was ok with that too..... Again... I don't know what to think through this.

She said that her next appointment would be with a computer testing her for all allergies and giving her homeopathic drops with those allergens. I heard of this kind of testing before. Not sure what it is called. Everything is computer controlled.....so the muscle testing is done via a computer rather than relying on the doc's perception.

Any thoughts? Insights? Please....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page