Amazing April Allergies Chat!! - Page 32 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#931 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Instead of meal planning, we have our usual veggies, and what a meal tends to look like (I want it to be meat, starchy veggie, veggie, possibly greens. That's too much thought for dh!), plus a list of favorites (sloppy joes, pasta, burgers, I'm blanking...). Since all the meat is in the freezer and thanks to our failsafe trial we learned how to defrost it FAST under warm running water, we do a lot of last minute stuff. The issue for me is that dh loves one-dish meals, while I like more variety. So when he bails me out and makes dinner, we end up with a lot of stuff like chops and rice (notice the high carb and lack of veggie) or whatever. Our new favorite way to do lamb chops is rubbed with herbs, pan fried, then with a sauteed onion/balsamic/bone broth reduction at the end. Yum. And way easy.
<snip>
Sorry for the scattered thoughts. That's what happens when I'm following along on 3 different computers, then try to remember everything I wanted to reply to.
I you.
My "normal" meals (unplanned) tend to look like your DH's "bail you out" meals. Which is really bordering on hilarious since I used to avoid both meat and carbs like the plague. *sigh* I miss veggies. I wonder what happened there? Oh well. The point is that I need to get back to it.

And I totally feel you on that last part there.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#932 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I need a lot to fill up if I don't have carbs. So I hear you. But for me, just redefine it as meat and varied veg and varied carb. Rice/grain in bone broth, sweet potatoes (baked or mashed), plantains (want to add that one in!), pasta. Or make foccacia or buns. Or eat cookies for dessert and call it my carb Speaking of which... Blood sugar of 131. Not awful for 5 cookies, but not so great either
I'm not used to the scale you guys use here in the US. My mom had diabetes and she was supposed to stay between 6 and 8 (preferably 7 but 8 was acceptable). What's the "optimum" for the scale used here?

eta: And what's the likelihood I'll react to plantains if I react to "normal" bananas?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#933 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Ok, I hadn't seen this when I posted the party line to WhoMe on plant enzymes in another thread!!

I wonder why this is. I'm extremely intrigued.
I was going to ask, mamafish, the other enzymes that you were/are using. Do they say what pH the proteases are supposed to work at? Maybe the lower pH of the pancreatic ones are the main variable? I'm definitely seeing changes from the enzymes I started , but hadn't before.
Quote:
I thought your fatty acids stores are directly influenced by gut flora's production of them... the short chains. Or coconut oil, is that tolerated?
It's specific imbalances of some of the EFAs that were cited in the study. Especially low linoleic acid (I think - the one in safflower oil. Wondering if that's why dd and I like our safflower mayo so much?) I thought the short chains produced in the gut were mainly for fueling the gut? We have coconut oil, and technically it's still labeled as safe, but I don't feel so hot if I eat much of it (a couple years ago I'd eat it by the spoonful for a snack and be fine) so I'm avoiding it.

Yeah. Scatter brained today. Took some b12, maybe I'll take some more. Maybe I need sleep. I've been up since 2 or 3, minus a 20-30 minute nap from which I woke up with a melted chocolate chip on my lips. Thanks, dd!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#934 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Ok, CS. What do you do with lamb? I'm trying to come up with ideas for beef and they're all like... saucy or something. I want simple things. I figured you'd probably be the best one to ask for simple meat ideas.

eta: I think part of my problem is that I have a hard time seeing a piece of meat with varied veg as a proper meal so I tend to over-use potatoes and rice and hate to use rice pasta and gluten free bread items (partly because they're SO EXPENSIVE). Meanwhile, when you were here, looking at the food on your plate it looked perfectly fine to me- not "missing" anything. I think I just need to get over my carb addiction or something.

eta (again): Am I making any sense here to anyone besides me?
See, and I never feel fulfilled with my meals of just meat and veggies... But yeah, I get you. And I'm probably not going to be much help! We either do plain veggies, pan-fried steak, or ground meat & cabbage/greens/garlic/carrot stirfry, or chunk-o-meat in the crockpot (which pretty often just gets mixed with cabbage too. or sometimes turns into soup.)

Quote:
If it's corn from the propane that she's reacting to, wouldn't your corn trial have been a bit more obvious? Or does processed/trace corn just count differently? Obviously it's different. We can do that but not big corn so much. My head is mush. Sorry for the scattered thoughts. That's what happens when I'm following along on 3 different computers, then try to remember everything I wanted to reply to.
I have no clue. But what else about bbq-ing would make her react? There is no xcon on this grill- we bought it brand new specifically for her safe foods. So I don't know....

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#935 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I you.
My "normal" meals (unplanned) tend to look like your DH's "bail you out" meals. Which is really bordering on hilarious since I used to avoid both meat and carbs like the plague. *sigh* I miss veggies. I wonder what happened there? Oh well. The point is that I need to get back to it.

And I totally feel you on that last part there.
I went through a phase of not really wanting veggies at all, but now with this potassium thing, I can't get enough. So leftover veggies for lunch (if we have them), veggie juice for afternoon snack, tons of veggies with dinner. Dh has been doing the farmers market with dd so I can stay home and rest, and the poor guy can't wrap his head around how many veggies I'm craving. We end up needing to stock up again at the store by mid week!
Quote:
I'm not used to the scale you guys use here in the US. My mom had diabetes and she was supposed to stay between 6 and 8 (preferably 7 but 8 was acceptable). What's the "optimum" for the scale used here?

eta: And what's the likelihood I'll react to plantains if I react to "normal" bananas?
The number in my head is to stay below 140 an hour after a meal. But don't quote me on that. I forget if that's ideal or to avoid a diabetic diagnosis, or just for pregnancy or what. The lower carb meal numbers I was checking are closer to 100-110.

#936 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I have no clue. But what else about bbq-ing would make her react? There is no xcon on this grill- we bought it brand new specifically for her safe foods. So I don't know....
No clue. VOCs/offgassing from the paint?

#937 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Ok, I hadn't seen this when I posted the party line to WhoMe on plant enzymes in another thread!!

I wonder why this is. I'm extremely intrigued.
I have nooooo idea. Based on what I read most places, plant enzymes should be far superior. But the Yasko moms reported lots of good experiences, so I gave them a try. And like I said, for DS, they were a profound improvement (and his digestion is way better than it used to be). One possibility is the pancreatic enzymes apparently support the pancreas directly (says Yasko, I don't know how that works), as well as digest, so maybe they help get a dysfunctional pancreas working better and doing its job.

Quote:
I was going to ask, mamafish, the other enzymes that you were/are using. Do they say what pH the proteases are supposed to work at? Maybe the lower pH of the pancreatic ones are the main variable? I'm definitely seeing changes from the enzymes I started , but hadn't before.
Nope, nothing useful like that ...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#938 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
See, and I never feel fulfilled with my meals of just meat and veggies... But yeah, I get you. And I'm probably not going to be much help! We either do plain veggies, pan-fried steak, or ground meat & cabbage/greens/garlic/carrot stirfry, or chunk-o-meat in the crockpot (which pretty often just gets mixed with cabbage too. or sometimes turns into soup.)

See, I keep forgetting about stir fry! So you've already been helpful. And it's recently been brought to my attention that I've been neglecting soup making. Just in time for summer. Because what we really want in the summer is a nice hot pot of water on the stove all day.
Quote:
I went through a phase of not really wanting veggies at all, but now with this potassium thing, I can't get enough. So leftover veggies for lunch (if we have them), veggie juice for afternoon snack, tons of veggies with dinner. Dh has been doing the farmers market with dd so I can stay home and rest, and the poor guy can't wrap his head around how many veggies I'm craving. We end up needing to stock up again at the store by mid week!

The number in my head is to stay below 140 an hour after a meal. But don't quote me on that. I forget if that's ideal or to avoid a diabetic diagnosis, or just for pregnancy or what. The lower carb meal numbers I was checking are closer to 100-110.
After cutting out bananas because I realized that they make me insane (very very moody), I craved them so bad and for so long (like... for a year and every once in a while I'd give in and eat one). I added in potassium a little while ago (one month? two?) and my banana cravings are *poof* gone. (We need a poof smilie. Maybe a guy in a top hat with a wand, and he waves it then there's a *poof* of smoke?.. Anyway...) Moral of the story? I need more veg.
Thanks for the numbers. I'm sure to forget them but I'll write them down (even though I'll probably forget where I put them... I really need to get a don't forget document like Tanya has or something).
Speaking of scatter-brained...

#939 of 960 Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Fascinating - and a bit scary. As I read it, this study wasn't about managing autistic symptoms so much as trying to control co-occurring behavioral issues (tantrums, aggression, self injury). These do occur in autistic kids, but aren't core symptoms of autism. So I think it generalizes well to all kids. Second, all they gave them was a pretty standard multi (and one I'd never recommend for autistic kids - it has copper, iron, l-glutamine, and nickel, all dumb things to be giving to most kids on the spectrum). Lots of older kids in the study as well. I think what it points to is how sadly deficient most kids are, when a decent multi creates such good improvements. And how pathetic it is we're drugging these kids instead of providing basic supplements.

And I'm sorry, but this part cracks me up:

[QUOTE]There were some advantages to treatment with micronutrients—lower activity level, less social
withdrawal, less anger, better spontaneity with the examiner, less irritability, lower intensity SIB, markedly fewer adverse
events, and less weight gain. Advantages of medication management were insurance coverage, fewer pills, and less frequent dosing./QUOTE]

Really? I'm not seeing where those in that last sentence are advantages! I'll take the first list of advantages please, they have much more weight.
#940 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
After cutting out bananas because I realized that they make me insane (very very moody), I craved them so bad and for so long (like... for a year and every once in a while I'd give in and eat one). I added in potassium a little while ago (one month? two?) and my banana cravings are *poof* gone. (We need a poof smilie. Maybe a guy in a top hat with a wand, and he waves it then there's a *poof* of smoke?.. Anyway...) Moral of the story? I need more veg.
Huh. Maybe I should get some potassium for DD. I gave DD a banana today (after being off them for a few days), because we were both just famished after running a bunch of errands and it was the quickest food around... anyway, she didn't stop asking for more until she went to bed. "More mana? more mana? more mana?"

Phew. I feel a little less stressed. We're just going to do the office floors this weekend, and save the kitchen floor for.... I'm not sure when (although I really want it done soon.) I was just not feeling prepared enough to be without kitchen all weekend! And- that should give me some free time to work out in the yard and garden instead!

Done rambling... off to watch a movie before bed.

#941 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Don't you have a toaster oven you can at least plug in, CS?

#942 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Don't you have a toaster oven you can at least plug in, CS?
Nope... just a microwave. But when we do get to the kitchen floor, I will be better prepared. Just didn't have the energy to get everything done last night, and DP was pretty noncommittal about the whole thing... so I decided one room at a time. Or at least one room to start out with, so that we can get the hang of sanding and finishing and stuff. Once we know what we're doing, then we can tackle the gigantic kitchen/dining room floor.

#943 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I need a lot to fill up if I don't have carbs. So I hear you. But for me, just redefine it as meat and varied veg and varied carb. Rice/grain in bone broth, sweet potatoes (baked or mashed), plantains (want to add that one in!), pasta. Or make foccacia or buns. Or eat cookies for dessert and call it my carb Speaking of which... Blood sugar of 131. Not awful for 5 cookies, but not so great either
What about fasting blood sugar in AM? Or take it if you have insomnia as I was mentioning in that thread to see if it's very low and thus causing adrenaline to be released in order to raise bs. Now I want this toy too. I'm such a geek.
#944 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I thought the short chains produced in the gut were mainly for fueling the gut? We have coconut oil, and technically it's still labeled as safe, but I don't feel so hot if I eat much of it (a couple years ago I'd eat it by the spoonful for a snack and be fine) so I'm avoiding it.
Sorry I didn't really complete my thought...

The short chains fuel the gut flora which produce the biotin (and vitamin K).

I've gotten more PMs over the years than I can count that bifido fixed infants' cradle cap and poop issues... are you doing probiotics 3x/day?
#945 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
What about fasting blood sugar in AM? Or take it if you have insomnia as I was mentioning in that thread to see if it's very low and thus causing adrenaline to be released in order to raise bs. Now I want this toy too. I'm such a geek.
I'm a lazy geek, I just wanna hear the results from you two.

DH took the kids away for a bit, I think I can make a lot of progress on the clutter that has overtaken the house in the past week. Ugh, sorta scary to tell the truth.

Ooh, Jane, since you're here, and in case you can't catch up in Chat or elsewhere... um, the whole kids/nutrition/other factors/vision topic? A bit higher on my list of things to learn about. Turns out DS is very, very, very far-sighted. Can't see jack. Glasses are on order, both eyes are corrected to +5.5, and that's still a bit less than how he actually sees, something about kids normally being a bit far-sighted and that's fine, and, well, these glasses are going to be a bit heavy.

Anything you run across that seems of interest, toss my way.

Good to see everyone, happy May!
#946 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 12:00 PM

I don't know much beyond vitamin A while eyes are developing but if I see something I will pass it on!
#947 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Time to buy new testing strips? I'm almost out. The hard part is testing first thing in the morning. Usually I'm stuck in bed for a while, so it's not first thing anymore. Though lately I've been getting up earlier...
Quote:
Sorry I didn't really complete my thought...

The short chains fuel the gut flora which produce the biotin (and vitamin K).

I've gotten more PMs over the years than I can count that bifido fixed infants' cradle cap and poop issues... are you doing probiotics 3x/day?
2-3 times a week? I can try to ramp it up. But the cradle cap is one of my markers that I want to watch for the enzyme stuff. Hmm... I think I won't make changes for another month or so to see what's happening elsewhere.

Tanya, I'd focus on general bone support. And lots of vit A, for both bones and eyes. You guys burn through it pretty fast, no?

Dd just woke up by herself (I came downstairs with dh to milk ds) and just came down. Normally there are tears or cries for mama or what have you. I think this is a first (or second)!

And I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from the camera. In the past week, we took a video of dd smearing sweet potatoes all over her face at dinner, spreading arrowroot all over the floor and herself, and last night, dipping her hands in my juice and washing her face with it. What sensory experience might be provided in cleaner ways? What system is out of balance?

#948 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
so I decided one room at a time. Or at least one room to start out with, so that we can get the hang of sanding and finishing and stuff. Once we know what we're doing, then we can tackle the gigantic kitchen/dining room floor.
cs... i could have written this myself! i think i mentioned before that we are also in the process of sanding/refinishing the floors in our house. Really, I should say that I am in this process... dh is also noncommittal and sees this as my project. I want to start with my girls' bedroom and go from there as I get the hang of it. If you have any words of wisdom to pass along as you go along with your floors, please feel free to pass them to me. How hard is the sander, really, to handle? Their room is pretty small... like 12x10 or so. I am hoping that I can get this done pretty quickly. Anyway, let me know how this goes.

meal planning... Last weekend I was determined not to have a repeat of the previous week which was terrible. So, I set out the menu plan and cooked ahead on Sunday to be ready for the week. I planned out the sals for the week and did all the shopping and prep/cooking on Sunday. Anyway, we had a WONDERFUL week, much less stressful! We ate dinner at 6 instead of 7:30 which led to happier kids. We had no sals reactions and a great week of sleep as result! What a difference! I have to do this for next week to.

ds has been nursing CONSTANTLY all morning! This is start to drive me a little batty! Give the nay-nay's a break, kid! Go climb the swing set or ride your bike or something! I guess I have to get off the computer and out of our comfy chair and go do something myself.

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#949 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 01:13 PM

One kid gone with her big bag of food for her first overnight with non-family I think, DS will be next, with his bag of food (but he's slept over that friend's house a bunch of times; she's great about the food restrictions), then drop off DD1 and the dog, which will be easy. Then on to the hotel, where I'm bringing my own safe food for cocktail hour with friends, then to the Ball, where there will be safe food for me. So for 24 hours I won't have to cook ANYTHING. I'm so excited!

Lutein is big for eyes too (I know it's something that's important w/ regards to macular degeneration anyway, since my grandmother had it, and I looked it up).

I can't even imagine trying to sand/do floors myself. I can't even paint. Yesterday I had no motivation to get off my butt whatsoever, then fell asleep watching a game show with the kids at 8pm last night. What's up with that? Hopefully I'll have a little more energy tonight!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#950 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post
cs... i could have written this myself! i think i mentioned before that we are also in the process of sanding/refinishing the floors in our house. Really, I should say that I am in this process... dh is also noncommittal and sees this as my project. I want to start with my girls' bedroom and go from there as I get the hang of it. If you have any words of wisdom to pass along as you go along with your floors, please feel free to pass them to me. How hard is the sander, really, to handle? Their room is pretty small... like 12x10 or so. I am hoping that I can get this done pretty quickly. Anyway, let me know how this goes.
lol- Then you will appreciate this story. After I went all over town yesterday, looking at and pricing professional sanders to rent, DP decides that maybe we should just buy our own if we're going to spend that much money. So he did. And before you ask- NO, it's not the same kind of sander. Not even close. So yeah... now I'm sanding an entire room with a hand sander. Actually, HE's in there sanding right now because I got really annoyed at only having about 2sqft done after 20 minutes of sanding. Oh well... it's a really small room. For the kitchen we're definitely renting a sander. The one we'll get is the random orbital sander with 4 individual sanding pads (rather than one giant one, or a drum sander.) That's supposed to be the easiest to handle, as well as the hardest one to mess up your floor with.

#951 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Jane, while you are here, did you see that I am having bad die-off issues from HCL Intensive with dd? She just did a whole bottle of Kirkman's bifidus with no issues but I started her on a sprinkle of the Intensive and she started mega-night waking, rash on legs, arms, hands, cheeks, buttocks, not wanting to eat or drink, etc. Got any good ideas to help with die off? The only way I can think of to go any lower and slower would be to dilute the sprinkle in water and give her a tiny portion of that. Guess at least I know she needs it badly.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#952 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Wow Emily, that's a pretty severe reaction. Does she have food chemical intolerances? Have you seen this with fermented foods/yogurt? That's how my DS reacted to ferments, but he tolerated Intensive just fine. I really have no experience with die-off on that level, I just did activated charcoal for myself when I got huge die off from proteases, and that worked ok. Others have had success with clay apparently. How's her magnesium?
#953 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Wow Emily, that's a pretty severe reaction. Does she have food chemical intolerances? Have you seen this with fermented foods/yogurt? That's how my DS reacted to ferments, but he tolerated Intensive just fine. I really have no experience with die-off on that level, I just did activated charcoal for myself when I got huge die off from proteases, and that worked ok. Others have had success with clay apparently. How's her magnesium?
No - no problems with homemade kimchi, sauerkraut, or yogurt. She had sals issues in the past (over a year ago) but no problems at all since figuring out all of her intolerances (gluten, dairy, soy, and egg). She gets 200mg of mag glycinate every day. Think it's time to visit Enzymesandautism....

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#954 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Jane, while you are here, did you see that I am having bad die-off issues from HCL Intensive with dd? She just did a whole bottle of Kirkman's bifidus with no issues but I started her on a sprinkle of the Intensive and she started mega-night waking, rash on legs, arms, hands, cheeks, buttocks, not wanting to eat or drink, etc. Got any good ideas to help with die off? The only way I can think of to go any lower and slower would be to dilute the sprinkle in water and give her a tiny portion of that. Guess at least I know she needs it badly.
my ds could not tolerate the Intensive either.... very similar reaction. his rash was sooo bad, night waking, intense crabbiness. since he has been tolerating other probiotics well at about the same dosage i figured it was the fos which i believe derived from apricot and very high in sals. i switched him to mindlinx which has no fos and he is tolerating it well. hth

eta... actually i think the fos is derived from chicory root which is high in sals and the apricot also could have added another dose of sals. i can't remember exactly as this was a few weeks ago and my brain has now moved on to other things....

cs... i am imagining you sanding the floor with a hand sander... at least it is a small room. i was also looking at the orbital sander as my probable best bet. i think i may try to start this project next week. it is soooo nice here today, i have to clean up my flower beds.
jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#955 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
And I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from the camera. In the past week, we took a video of dd smearing sweet potatoes all over her face at dinner, spreading arrowroot all over the floor and herself, and last night, dipping her hands in my juice and washing her face with it. What sensory experience might be provided in cleaner ways? What system is out of balance?
Not clear on which foods you are avoiding, but we have an under-the-bed storage container with dry pasta, dry beans and dry rice plus scoops, bowls, bulldozers, shovels, cups, plates, spoons, trucks, motorcycles, diggers, etc. Put a big towel or sheet under it to make clean up of misplaced bits easier.

Pat

I have a blog.
#956 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 PM

Last night, ds did his first overnight (ever) with his friend next-door. bitter sweet that they grow up so fast. (felt like my heart was not inside my body, walking home from 'dropping' him off for the big sleepover.)

Pat

I have a blog.
#957 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Not clear on which foods you are avoiding, but we have an under-the-bed storage container with dry pasta, dry beans and dry rice plus scoops, bowls, bulldozers, shovels, cups, plates, spoons, trucks, motorcycles, diggers, etc. Put a big towel or sheet under it to make clean up of misplaced bits easier.

Pat
Added to the costco list!

I can't imagine dd sleeping over anywhere. But we've got time. Sounds like your ds did well?

The blinking thing - wouldn't staring at a screen abnormally lower the number of blinks?

Eta: who wants to do the may thread? (not it!)

#958 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Eta: who wants to do the may thread? (not it!)
Funny, I was just thinking "Oh hey. I guess it's May and time for a new thread."

I just came on to say:
Hi. I'm Jacqueline and I'm an addict.
This is the fourth time I've made 4-bean salad in the last few weeks (month or so?) and my family has yet to get any. It's causing issues. DS1 is mad at me. DH keeps saying "I still can't believe you ate ALL of that."
I'm thinking if this continues, I may have to resort to making double batches.
Imagine, one of the ladies at the function where it was served said "I never make this at home. We would never eat all of it!" Hah! Send it over, lady.

#959 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 10:12 PM

beans are high in potassium too... Did you ever post the recipe?

#960 of 960 Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

beans are high in potassium too... Did you ever post the recipe?
Nope, never did. I'll get right on that.
New thread.
Maybe I can blame the beans for my lack of banana cravings then.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page