How do I interpret DS's ELISA test results from Alletess? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2010, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We got our Alletess results but they did not come with any instructions on how to interpret them, nor can we afford to set up a consultation with our out of network provider to shed light on how to interpret them... has anyone been through this already who can walk me through this?

DS 1, 6 has ASD/ Asperger's and we suspected food allergies on top of the handful of molds he tested positive for through a skin prick test.

We did the 184 IgG panel plus the Pediatric 12 chemicals?? (top of results page for this says EIA and Immunglobins Report).

Am I correct in assuming the 3s are "high" and should be eliminated forever, 2s are moderate and we should tread very carefully with, and 1s are "mild" and can be consumed occasionally, or am I completely off base and all should be eliminated 100% of the time?

There were 42 of the 184 items highlighted in red:

"High"?? (3)

gluten
wheat
yeast, brewer's
yeast, baker's

"Moderate"?? (2)

Cranberries
Peanuts

"Mild"?? (1)

asparagus
barley
cantaloupe
carrot
cheese, cheddar
cheese, cottage
cheese, swiss
coconut
cucumber
eggplant
garlic
grape
lemon
lettuce
malt
milk, cows
oats
sesame
soybean
tea, black
tomato
walnut, black
watermelon
apricot
brussel sprouts
cherry
licorice
lime
melon, honeydew
milk, goats
parsley
pepper, red
radish
trout
turnip
vanilla bean

As for the Pediatric 12 results:
nothing was highlighted in red, so I'm assuming the results were all negative?
phenol
saccharin
toluene
benzoic acid
sodium sulfate
sorbic acid
tartrazine
amaranth

yellow orange
formaldehyde

Orris Root

(Those above all say "Class 0" next to them.)

Quinoline Yellow

(This says "Class 0/1" next to it.)

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-16-2010, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

no one has advice for what to do diet wise for the level 1 allergies?

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#3 of 7 Old 04-16-2010, 11:48 AM

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with that test, but we just took the USBiotek IGG ELISA test, and the advice from our doctor was to avoid high and moderate results, and rotate low and very low. It came with a rotation diet (each food every 4 days, food families every 2 days) to follow and a booklet about food families. Here is a sample test result packet with rotation diet:

http://usbiotek.com/Downloads/sample...6f_IGG-IgE.pdf

Here is the wording from USBiotek:

The rotation diet guideline is based on your food-specific IgG test results only. IgE reactive foods are advised to be avoided
completely. All the foods to which you scored a High reaction, or greater, have been eliminated from the suggested diet
plan. The diet plan includes the foods to which you scored No reaction to Moderate. These foods are rotated throughout a
4-day cycle by their food families (groups of foods that are biologically or botanically related). Depending on the severity of
your symptoms, your practitioner may advise you to avoid foods that are included in the rotation plan (i.e.: foods to which
you scored a Moderate reaction to or lower).
The 4-day rotation guideline alternates the food families based on a day 1 and 3, or day 2 and 4 cycle. The idea behind
rotation-style eating is not to consume the same food more than once every four days and no foods of the same family
more than once every two days. You may move any food through days 1 to 4 as long as members of the same family are
not consumed on consecutive days, and any particular food is not consumed more than once every four days.
Rotation-style eating is designed to encourage diversification of the diet and prevent the development of new food
sensitivities from repetitive intake. In the rotation guideline ALL of the foods that you scored a Moderate reaction to or lower
are listed. Your practitioner may want you to follow a different, but similar diet guideline. Please speak with your practitioner
about the specific foods he/she would like for you to avoid and/or rotate. You can alter your personalized diet accordingly.
This is but one suggested rotation schedule. Other yet similar schedules may involve a 7-day plan and/or limit any
particular food family to one day of the rotation cycle vs. two. These suggestions do not constitute or replace professional
medical advice. You should discuss any dietary changes with your healthcare practitioner before undertaking them, and
immediately consult your practitioner if you experience weight loss or other health-related concerns.
Provided for you in this packet is an easy to read food family booklet for your reference. This booklet includes other
important information including the science behind Adverse Reactions to Foods and meal planning tips.
The first few days of your new diet may be challenging, and a portion of people eliminating their reactive foods may
experience symptoms similar to withdrawal, such as headaches and food cravings. If this occurs, contact your practitioner;
the symptoms may be due to food elimination or may be due to something else.

-Kathy First time Mom to Son F, born April 30, 2009.
#4 of 7 Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM

I don't know if you have done IGE testing already, but we did it too, and for us, there were many foods that did not show up on IGG that my son was IGE to. I'm really glad that we did both types of tests.

#5 of 7 Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

The way your testing is laid out in food groups with info on how to rotate the low allergens is very helpful- the alletess results are just listed alphabetically.

We had a basic IgE test only for gluten and casein and they came negative, which is what prompted us to get the IgG. It may time in the near future to figure out a way to get a full panel of the IgE then too...

There is also IgA... my husband's biology professor tried to explain how there are different linings and how they function, but all I retained was "the part about how it is negative in one area does not mean it won't be positive in another.

Thank you very much, your info is super helpful!

#6 of 7 Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 PM

You're welcome!

The lab accidentally ran the 15-food vegetarian panel as IGA at first, and all 15 items were a 5 or 6. My doctor said that IGA is not very helpful, and doesn't mean much - not sure if that's just in our situation, or in general.

You might be interested in the sample info from the ALCAT test, too. Here it is:

https://www.alcat.com/assets/File/AL...ion%20Diet.pdf

#7 of 7 Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM

My wife and I are considering this test for our son with AS. It has been a while since you had this test done, and we were wondering if you found the lab test helpful. Thanks so much!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page