sweating head while sleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New allergy symptom? I remember my DS2 did this before we took gluten out of his diet. Baby is now doing it. Allergy symptom or something else/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 PM

subbing because I've noticed this in ds lately and hadn't thought much of it, but now that you mention this... I'm curious to see other responses

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#3 of 11 Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 PM

It was for us, although I suspect it was more of a detox/nutrient deficiency issue than directly allergen related.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#4 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
It was for us, although I suspect it was more of a detox/nutrient deficiency issue than directly allergen related.
Any guesses as to what nutrients or what was detoxing? You replied to my post about his not being constipated anymore as well, so I'm curious about the similarities.
#5 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS sweats a lot more than DD does, or ever did, but I really don't know what it means. You know we've got detoxification issues, but if this one has changed over the years, I've missed it.
#6 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 04:17 AM

DD sweats a lot, especially her head, especially when sleeping (she'd sweat like mad, like little rivulets going down her head, when nursing, too). I asked a regular MD, and two NDs, and they all said, "some kids just sweat a lot, some times more than others."

She's 12yo, still a sweaty kid. It's just how she is.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#7 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting because I never thought of it as a symptom, but now that you mention it, neither of my (intolerant) kids have sweaty heads anymore (and my non-intolerant one never did). They used to be sweat machines.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#8 of 11 Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosy View Post
Any guesses as to what nutrients or what was detoxing? You replied to my post about his not being constipated anymore as well, so I'm curious about the similarities.
Our "big deals" seem to be Bs (with folate!), zinc, and mag.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#9 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 AM

My DD had horrible night sweats. She would soak 2-3 pairs of pijamas (I would change her in the middle of the night bc. she would get so wet), the pillow would get wet, etc. I think this is why her body temperature would drop to 35 degrees Celsius (which is the lower limit for a ``live" person). I ended up at the emergency room few times bc. of this, but by the time I would get there her body would start warming up and they were looking at me like I was crazy (a dr. in particular asked me why I was taking her temperature in the middle of the night? ; uhm -- because she is crying inconsolably and she is ice cold????) All my kids sweat(ed) a lot, they all have intolerances/allergies, as I discover now, but she was the worst.

We just got our OAT (Organic Acid Tests) back and it turns out that few things are very abnormal (like 5-10 times higher than they should be): HPHPA, Hippuric acid, and oxalic acid. Other things are a little off too, but these three concern me, esp. since high HPHPA can cause neurological and
behavioral problems (yeah, i know; like screaming for 15 minutes in the middle of the night for no reason, wetting the bed etc). The fix for the first and third one are apparently certain strains of probiotics, for oxalalic, a low
oxalate diet+ supplements.

Anyway, the excessive sweating told me that something was wrong.

Mom to DS (04) , DD ( 07) , DS ( 09)
#10 of 11 Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 AM

Putting out lots of heat at night can indicate high histamine levels. Low mag seems to go hand in hand.
#11 of 11 Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 PM

Just a simple suggestion...but make sure they're in 100% cotton jammies...my little guy used to sweat buckets at night and I then I finally realized it was the polyester jammies. When we switched to cotton the icky night sweats went away.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page