May Flowers Make Me Sneeze (and Chat!) - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

Awww. Happy Birthday Carren! Send me your address and I'll send you some of my cookies (they have eggs in them though).

I was just kidding.

Did the metals test last night (DMSA). The doctor asked why I hadn't done it yet and I said I was never home for 6 hours to do the collection. He said to do it at night and just do the morning collection, so I did. Sending it off today. Is it any surprise that my back is killing me today?
Sorry about your back. But good to get the test done & over with. The doc I'm seeing uses the polyporphins (sp?) pee test for metals. We'll be talking about that next week at my followup.

Today, I get to go back to the hematologist and get the results of my blood tests. He had pledged to personally look at my blood cells to see if they looked "off". While I was in his office, he insisted that I looked robust and asked if I'd ever considered Fibromyalgia as the cause of my joint & muscle pain. Sigh.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#842 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Firstly, Carren. I hope very much that your birthday gets better.

Secondly, DS2 is going to drive me INSANE. Once again (third time now) he woke up in the middle of the night and tore into EVERYthing in the kitchen, including but not limited to blueberries (poo-splosion for the next few days) and coconut milk ice cream (acid poo and burnt bum). The fridge and freezer doors both were left open. I just don't know what to do with him anymore.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#843 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM

I just want to say, you all are amazing women! Each day, I think JR, you're amazing. And then I think, wow, Kathy, you're amazing. And then I see all that Jessica is going through and I think, damn, she is amazing. And on and on, Carren, Tanya, Karen, Deb, Lisa, Shannon, Jane, Tracy, Amy, Nessa... every day. You mamas are inspiring, devoted, supportive, dedicated, committed, thoughtful, compassionate, concerned, attentive, kind, sympathetic, amazing.

Pat

I have a blog.
#844 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Can I just say that adult Birthday's suck and this one is starting no different.
Sorry Carren- hope it gets better!

Quote:
Did the metals test last night (DMSA). The doctor asked why I hadn't done it yet and I said I was never home for 6 hours to do the collection. He said to do it at night and just do the morning collection, so I did. Sending it off today. Is it any surprise that my back is killing me today?
Hope you get some answers!!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#845 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I just want to say, you all are amazing women! Each day, I think JR, you're amazing. And then I think, wow, Kathy, you're amazing. And then I see all that Jessica is going through and I think, damn, she is amazing. And on and on, Carren, Tanya, Karen, Deb, Lisa, Shannon, Jane, Tracy, Amy, Nessa... every day. You mamas are inspiring, devoted, supportive, dedicated, committed, thoughtful, compassionate, concerned, attentive, kind, sympathetic, amazing.

Pat
ok - you just made me cry.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#846 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Pat
Wow, thanks! I never feel amazing or any of that other stuff. Mostly I feel a little bit crazy. I'm always in awe of everyone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Kathy... relax... clay may help, definitely worth a shot, and extra mag, and activated charcoal if you've got it (separate from the mag and any other supps) but I don't know if you've got any, and I've never actually used it myself. But all are worth a shot. Can you find something for the kid(s) to watch on tv and you just totally veg?
I don't have any charcoal. I can take extra Mg though, and clay. I'll probably end up icing it. Went to the doctor this morning for my lump. He thinks it's a cyst, but he's sending me to get a mammogram and ultrasound just to be safe. Because my life wasn't exciting enough.

Carren - send me your address. The cookies are already boxed up for you! They won't get there for your birthday though.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#847 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to playing with a DHA supp, going to see if a gram or so a day of DHA will do anything for me.
link the DHA again?
Quote:
How long would it take to see some impact from the enzymes? And what would that impact look like. I took them for a couple of days but didn't notice anything different. I'm wondering if I need the extra support. I could go for the combo solution you just linked to but you think its a better idea to start with just the pancreatin & enzymes?
For me, within 24 hours of starting a med/full dose of enzymes with every meal, I started getting gas. And within a couple days was getting a metallic-tasting cough (I'd been sick), major brain fog, and my low dopamine symptoms - leg twitches while falling asleep and *obsessive* reading about this stuff. Plus feeling really easily overstimulated. Now I'm doubling my dose (I'm nuts!) and getting it all again, minus the metallic cough. Oh, and first time around, I had a bitter taste in my mouth towards the end and was getting low zinc symptoms. Ds was spitting up a ton, and dd was being an exaggerated version of her high needs/emotionally sensitive self. Funny, I write that about dd, and that's totally how I'm feeling myself right now. Trying really hard to take it easy on dd this week...

Jane, the neonate. I'm crediting it for getting ds back to pooping, and after yesterday's super-funky poop, we're looking at the best poop I've seen from him in a loooooong time.

eta: pat

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#848 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

ok.. am i the only one with an entire cupboard "dedicated" to supps? how do you all keep the kids out of them?

eta: dha tanya found

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#849 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah Tanya- that definitely looks like the best price for it! I wonder if it's because they're trying to get rid of the old bottles, since they've removed the word "organic" from the label (and the Vitacost picture still shows that.)
I think it was at IHerb I read the new bottles had to remove the organic designation b/c it's not according to USDA organic certification but its the same no hormones, no chemical, grass fed, etc. Which is fine by me, I know that their are a lot of expensive hoops to go thru to get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to explain, but I'll just post a picture when I get a chance (ha!). It's like the rounded peak of his head is over one eye instead of his nose, but the weird thing is that puts the flat side on the side that's always up and never rests on anything.
That IS a mystery. With DS it was a clear correlation that the flat side was the side he preferred. I'd check with the Ped first. Honestly, it's always something new isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Do you know it took me until a couple of weeks ago to figure out they are located in my town (and I've ordered from them, LOL!). Saw them in a vendor booth at a wildflower festival and went, D'OH!
mama brain strikes again!
#850 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Looking forward to playing with a DHA supp, going to see if a gram or so a day of DHA will do anything for me.
For memory? ... I cannot remember

Do you already take B12 and CoQ10?
#851 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Jane, the neonate. I'm crediting it for getting ds back to pooping, and after yesterday's super-funky poop, we're looking at the best poop I've seen from him in a loooooong time.
Well thank goodness. I have heard so much good feedback about them I really really hope they make the difference for your lil' bunny!

Quote:

Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

Secondly, DS2 is going to drive me INSANE. Once again (third time now) he woke up in the middle of the night and tore into EVERYthing in the kitchen, including but not limited to blueberries (poo-splosion for the next few days) and coconut milk ice cream (acid poo and burnt bum). The fridge and freezer doors both were left open. I just don't know what to do with him anymore.
Yikes! OMG, something is going on with him, what do you think it is? It sounds like it could be a sugar crash to me? Does he act hypoglycemic?

Quote:
Today, I get to go back to the hematologist and get the results of my blood tests. He had pledged to personally look at my blood cells to see if they looked "off". While I was in his office, he insisted that I looked robust and asked if I'd ever considered Fibromyalgia as the cause of my joint & muscle pain. Sigh.
Not like FM is a real dx of what is wrong too.
I'll be thinking about you all day! Let us know what happens.

Quote:
Is it any surprise that my back is killing me today?

Wow, we all have major stuff going on constantly, don't we?!

Vitamin C is wicked important for mercury detox. Any chance you have a health food store near you that would have pure camu or amla powder you could get today?
#852 of 852 Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Duuuuudes,

It's June!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page