How accurate is the ELISA test? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My mother just got her ELISA results back and was shocked about what was positive and even more shocked at what wasn't.

Goats and cows milk came back as a +3, but does that take raw milk into account. She raises goats and has raw milk all the time. Soy is a big issue food for her, but didn't show up.

Is this test that accurate or specify foods as organic or not, raw or not, etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had both RAST and ELISA tests done for DS. Nothing showed for wheat on either test, and he clearly has some kind of wheat/gluten intolerance.

The ELISA did show minor/medium reaction to egg/egg whites and I do think egg has caused him to have pee accidents his whole life (we just removed egg again to see). The ELISA I think also showed minor for oat, and he does seem to have an issue with them (I also tried GF oats recently but still think they were a problem).

I had the same tests done, and my ELISA results were all over the place, the printed page looked like a rainbow. My ND said it was probably because my whole system is so inflamed/reactive. After that I did an elimination diet, and didn't react to most items that showed high on the ELISA test.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

User Tag List