Forum Jump: 

#301 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
That's great! Isn't it?
Well, DH said he was willing to trade gluten for coffee (coffee triggers migraines for him). But yeah, it's good - and it means it's less likely that's DD's issue too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I'm starting to really look at DD's blood test, and some of her older testing. I'm digging through the K yahoo group, and things are really starting to fall into place. I feel like there are a bunch of pieces, just waiting for me to put them together... but I read too much today and my brain is melting. So I'll have to come back tomorrow and read some more. But I'm looking at kidney issues, problems clearing ammonia, and a few other things that I've already forgotten. Hopefully I can work through the brainfog enough to get some frickin answers!!! Doing some more bloodwork tomorrow that should answer a couple more questions too.
That's great that your are seeing some pieces start to make sense... and I so get that melting brain feeling. Play in dirt, it helps .

Oh, and awesome on the CST as well - we've never done that for DS, but I've always had it in the back of my mind as something to try if we got stuck.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#302 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 AM

What did I make? We're calling it an apple pie for dd. The crust is like a cross between a scone and a snickerdoodle, spread in the bottom of a pie pan, and the filling/topping is diced apples mixed with egg and coconut milk. Think apple custard or dessert quiche. Surely someone else has made something like this and given it a name...

I'm officially blaming the soy lecithin as most likely suspect for ds's bloody poop yesterday. Cause today is CLEARLY an enzyme/aluminum reaction (in all of us. Sigh), complete with the spit up that's been missing for the past week. I should be putting this in my ds thread. But that means actually updating it, and it's too late for that right now.

and for everyone who needs them!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#303 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Speaking of calming kids down... we did CST for DD for the first time in about 10 months (I had no idea it had been that long!) and I am definitely seeing stuff moving in her. I was just telling the chiro that this kid doesn't sleep, so she adjusted her... and DD fell asleep on the way home! Then had a weird poop today, fell asleep at 8am and slept 2 hours (she never sleeps 2 hours, and naptime is usually around 11-12!), AND fell asleep in the car this afternoon for another 30 minutes. Wow. Something is definitely going on- hope all that rest means that she's working hard on healing.
That's excellent!

Quote:
I'm starting to really look at DD's blood test, and some of her older testing. I'm digging through the K yahoo group, and things are really starting to fall into place. I feel like there are a bunch of pieces, just waiting for me to put them together... but I read too much today and my brain is melting. So I'll have to come back tomorrow and read some more. But I'm looking at kidney issues, problems clearing ammonia, and a few other things that I've already forgotten. Hopefully I can work through the brainfog enough to get some frickin answers!!! Doing some more bloodwork tomorrow that should answer a couple more questions too.
That's great that things are starting to make sense. It would be nice if you could figure some things out and move forward with a plan.

Here's hoping everyone is moving forward!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#304 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM

and to everyone.

DH is sleeping. Tempted to wake him up so I can nap.
Made apple crisp for breakfast last night.

Just got off the phone with DS1's teacher re: next week's end of school field trip which involves 2 food activities- s'mores and popsicles. I told her that I may be able to provide supplies for DS1 to make s'mores which are safe for him and I asked if I could send a popsicle for him to give to whoever is handling the popsicles. She said "no, just send an extra snack- he'll understand." I know he'll UNDERSTAND. I'd just like for him to feel somewhat INCLUDED for a change rather than LEFT OUT constantly. Is that really so difficult to UNDERSTAND?! eta: It should be noted that this teacher has undermined most of my efforts to make things seem "normal" for ds1- including but not limited to 1) telling DS1 there were no ice cream treats for him at the office on the day that I left an entire box there for him 2) not informing me that ds1's "special treats" were gone (in less than a week!)- ds1 told me the day he asked for one bc everyone else had stuff and was told "you have nothing bc your mom has been negligent in refilling your treats" () and 3) consistently allowing parents to break the rule which we all had a note sent home regarding at the beginning of the year (no "birthday parties" or "surprise" treat foods- partly due to janitorial concerns) which, on several occasions, has resulted in me having to either ask DH to leave work to take DS1 "treats" or having a child come home and tell me that he wanted to kill himself bc all the kids were teasing him with their food So, apparently it really IS that difficult for her to understand. I can NOT wait until next year and just PRAY that we get someone who is less of a UAV.

edited again to add: Wow. Rant much? Sorry.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#305 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Here's hoping everyone is moving forward!
Yes!!

Sorry JR... that sucks. Not fair that he can't have the same snack. People just don't get it.

Here's my totally OT rant.... there is a house that we walk by on our way to the library every week. Every.single.time we walk by, the sidewalk is covered in goat poop (I know know it's goat poop because they have goats in their back yard- visible, but not near, the street.) It's also all over their driveway, and out into the street. It looks like they are just sweeping out the goat pen straight into the street. Anyway... called the county sheriff's office, they sent me to animal control. Animal control said there isn't a pooper-scooper law in the county, so there was nothing they could do. Sent me to public health. Public health said that wasn't in their scope of service, referred me to the roads department and the zoning/code enforcement department. Finally, someone at the roads department sounded interested and said they would send someone out. Arg.

And back on topic... taking a mini road trip tomorrow... trying to think of things to make ahead to eat. Hotel has micro and fridge only... and our usual lunch of burger & zucchini is not the best choice for reheating. hmmmmm

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#306 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Hey, CS.. You're using quinoa right now, right?
Have you considered trying kaniwa? It's related to quinoa and similar in application but doesn't have the saponins. eta: Not that I've tried it, I just happened upon it today.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#307 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Hey, CS.. You're using quinoa right now, right?
Have you considered trying kaniwa? It's related to quinoa and similar in application but doesn't have the saponins. eta: Not that I've tried it, I just happened upon it today.
Never heard of it! Where did you find it?

I totally forgot I was going to soak some quinoa last night and make quinoa milk today with this recipe (adding some cocoa, of course. ) Oh well... maybe this weekend.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#308 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Never heard of it! Where did you find it?

I totally forgot I was going to soak some quinoa last night and make quinoa milk today with this recipe (adding some cocoa, of course. ) Oh well... maybe this weekend.
Funny, I was just thinking today that quinoa milk would probably be a really good dairy replacer (bc of the calcium and protein).
Um. I was Googling around looking to see if anyone has come up with a 100% quinoa pasta for this friend of mine. Went through all 2 pages of the Google search and kaniwa showed up in the last few results, including some shopping results. It's available on Amazon, fwiw.

#309 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM

JR, that's ridiculous. I'd put it in writing and send to the principal, cc: school district. Not because it matters any more this year, but it might help you advocate for him next year.

#310 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM

Do you guys ever get super light headed? It's been happening all day to me and it's starting to freak me out! I've eaten plenty today and am drinking lots of water as usual. I home all day alone with DD till 10pm tonight and there are moments when it gets really bad like I might faint
#311 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Do you guys ever get super light headed? It's been happening all day to me and it's starting to freak me out! I've eaten plenty today and am drinking lots of water as usual. I home all day alone with DD till 10pm tonight and there are moments when it gets really bad like I might faint
Have you tried adding some salt to your water? That's what helps me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
JR, that's ridiculous. I'd put it in writing and send to the principal, cc: school district. Not because it matters any more this year, but it might help you advocate for him next year.
Yes, I should do that bc obviously verbal communication w/ the principal (retiring this year) is useless.

#312 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 PM

I sometimes got light-headed, (again sorry for the sporadic e's, keyboard issues)... i needed to rst and gt a protein/fatty snack. It was adrenal related for m, I assum some sort of xacerbation of my already low blood pressure. How's your BP, in general, and now (if you have a BP monitor around)?
#313 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 03:44 PM

And sometimes it would just happen more, usually because i was getting sick. Hope that's not wha't happening for you.

DH is miserable at work. Wow. I don't know what the hell I can do to help, but damn he's unhappy. And h has low energy and low motivation like many of us, so argh!

Still catching up, co-op morning today, amy's mac & cheese (the kind that's actually ok for us) right now. late lunch
#314 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Have you tried adding some salt to your water? That's what helps me.
Gonna try this now...hopefully it helps...thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
I sometimes got light-headed, (again sorry for the sporadic e's, keyboard issues)... i needed to rst and gt a protein/fatty snack. It was adrenal related for m, I assum some sort of xacerbation of my already low blood pressure. How's your BP, in general, and now (if you have a BP monitor around)?
I was thinking adrenals too but my BP is usually normal never really had problems with it being high/low and no blood pressure monitor...can you just buy one of those? I don't think I've ever felt this dizzy...ever. Perhaps do need more fat today...thx ladies
#315 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Wait, I admit I'm really behind and can't catch up til later tonight, but Kathy, did you just tease us with the promise of metals results and then not deliver??? Or did I miss it somewhere?

Dannic, TCM says that lack of kidney qi is lack of willpower--good kidney qi being good adrenal reserves. We can know what we should do but we're just too worn down to follow through, and that's a big one that's affected by pregnancy. So don't beat yourself up about it, but try to baby yourself as much as you can.
Hmmm...I' don't know enough about TCM.
Quote:
and to everyone.

DH is sleeping. Tempted to wake him up so I can nap.
Made apple crisp for breakfast last night.

Just got off the phone with DS1's teacher re: next week's end of school field trip which involves 2 food activities- s'mores and popsicles. I told her that I may be able to provide supplies for DS1 to make s'mores which are safe for him and I asked if I could send a popsicle for him to give to whoever is handling the popsicles. She said "no, just send an extra snack- he'll understand." I know he'll UNDERSTAND. I'd just like for him to feel somewhat INCLUDED for a change rather than LEFT OUT constantly. Is that really so difficult to UNDERSTAND?! eta: It should be noted that this teacher has undermined most of my efforts to make things seem "normal" for ds1- including but not limited to 1) telling DS1 there were no ice cream treats for him at the office on the day that I left an entire box there for him 2) not informing me that ds1's "special treats" were gone (in less than a week!)- ds1 told me the day he asked for one bc everyone else had stuff and was told "you have nothing bc your mom has been negligent in refilling your treats" () and 3) consistently allowing parents to break the rule which we all had a note sent home regarding at the beginning of the year (no "birthday parties" or "surprise" treat foods- partly due to janitorial concerns) which, on several occasions, has resulted in me having to either ask DH to leave work to take DS1 "treats" or having a child come home and tell me that he wanted to kill himself bc all the kids were teasing him with their food So, apparently it really IS that difficult for her to understand. I can NOT wait until next year and just PRAY that we get someone who is less of a UAV.

edited again to add: Wow. Rant much? Sorry.
A well-deserved rant. I think this type of stuff is more a power play or the teacher's personal beliefs that it's all BS coming into play...they don't believe you so they aren't going to accomodate you. Unfortunately, DS is right in the middle. SO not cool. Write that letter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Seasalt under the tongue works even faster! (tho I salt my water too!)

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#316 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Wow JR! I can't believe that teacher. She certainly doesn't seem to care much about how your ds feels
to her saying you were negligent in refilling his treats!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#317 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 09:27 PM

Um, can I say FRUSTRATED? I just found out that MIL has a colonoscopy scheduled for two weeks and then bladder surgery two weeks after that!?!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#318 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Seasalt under the tongue works even faster! (tho I salt my water too!)
[/QUOTE]

Great idea! Although the salt water helped I'm still feeling a little loopy. Maybe I do need to get my blood pressure checked...uhhhh I hate going to the doctor
#319 of 873 Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 PM

Great idea! Although the salt water helped I'm still feeling a little loopy. Maybe I do need to get my blood pressure checked...uhhhh I hate going to the doctor [/QUOTE]

Several pharmacies in our area have blood pressure machines. If it seems like an ongoing issue, you can buy one for home use, we got an Omron from amazon, just looked through reviews. It was mostly for DH, but I actually use it the most.
#320 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 AM

Great idea! Although the salt water helped I'm still feeling a little loopy. Maybe I do need to get my blood pressure checked...uhhhh I hate going to the doctor [/QUOTE]

For me that can be iron related (the light headed stuff). However, I've learned in the Yasko forums that supping iron can be bad (makes bacteria more virulent) - but lactoferrin is great (it helps transport iron where it needs to go). It's one of the few supps I've actually put myself on, and it's wonderful.

Can you do dairy? I read on Yasko's forums she suggests colostrum antibodies for Hashi's. Here's a supp that has both colostrum & lactoferrin in it... http://www.iherb.com/Symbiotics-Lact...ules/4776?at=0

#321 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 08:23 AM

So I took the Yasko super enzyme yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night & my muscles hurt all over. Could this be a result of the enzyme? I did a whole one at breakfast & dinner.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#322 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
So I took the Yasko super enzyme yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night & my muscles hurt all over. Could this be a result of the enzyme? I did a whole one at breakfast & dinner.
the equivalent of 1/4 of one cap of the yasko enzyme woke me up, put a metallic taste in my mouth, ground my thinking to a halt, turned on obsessive nutrition research again, gave me hangnails, made the world waaay overstimulating and overwhelming, made ds almost colickey and spit up lIke crazy, and made dd yell at everything if she wasn't glued to videos.

So I say sure, I'd totally blame the enzymes.
GO SLOooOW with these enzymes, people! Both nurslings are majorly reacting to me taking them over here.

Eta: that's not just at you, chlobo, someone asked the same thing in the yasko thread and I know a bunch of you are gearing up to try them out...

#323 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM

:yawning
Mornin'.

Been up for a while but just resetting my notifications.

#324 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Whome - do you think it should be the same for the basic pancreatin? The boys and i are sharing one capsule split into three meals a day. I'm not feeling anything bad.

On that note though - DS is way reacting to our probiotics. I just halved the dose yesterday thinking it would be ok, now I'm going to just do a sprinkle. It's the HLC intensive capsules. Need to check if they have fos. Although I don't think he reacted to them before.

Interesting, my pendulum clearly said that the Yasko enzymes are a strong no for us, but the pancreatin are good. I'm wondering if that will change in the future. Will keep it in mind.

I'm starting to wonder if I have Hashi's. Need to address that on the thyroid thread.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#325 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 PM

So, I clearly agree with the go slow advice on the digestive enzymes... but I haven't done that here (I'm not pregnant or nursing, don't plan to be for quite a while), and so far, all of us seem fine.

I _may_ be having better energy, I've been more motivated and getting more done here, even extra energy after dinner which is strange, mostly I'm awake but not motivated to clean the kitchen. But maybe it's the less sugar and lower carbs (not really low carb, and totally blew it yesterday), I did both at once.

I *assumed* DH may have digestive issues starting this, I've been thinking his digestion is whacked, but nothing for him either (argh at my keyboard). I bumped him up to 2/meal starting today, we'll see if anything happens.

I didn't mean to start DD at a full capsule per meal, but sh immediately threw up after the first dose hidden in applesauce, I think it was the smell hitting the back of her throat, but she strongly preferred a whole capsule so I decided to risk it. Only thing I've noticed, that's new, is that now that I'm giving hr lots of kimchee, she's gotten gassy--it's not something I've noticed before when we've been without kimchee for a while and then restarted. Her stomach's been upset this morning, wondering if that may be the digestive enzymes plus the kimchee, but it sometimes happened anyway, so it may just be a normal blip.

So anyway, the experiment continues here, so far nothing shocking. I think it's subtly improving my poop, need to ask DD about hrs. Haven't noticed anything on way or another for the pancreas glandular for DS, which is sorta expected, going to probably keep it through the entire summer, s how things are at the beginning of September, maybe mid-Sept after we've been home a while.

Ever notice how often we use the letter e in our language? Of ALL the letters to go bad on my keyboard. Dang!
#326 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Ever notice how often we use the letter e in our language? Of ALL the letters to go bad on my keyboard. Dang!
most common letter in the English language ring a bell?

#327 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
ACK!!!!!! Yes, LOL. OK, I was going to put GO SLOW in big letters, but since Shannon already did that, I won't. About 1/6 of a capsule per meal when I started DS (I blended with his other enzymes, and assumed there would be no problem, D'OH!) caused the strongest die-off/detox I have seen on this whole Yasko program. (And it took 2 days to hit, so if you got that immediate a reaction, I'd back way, way, way off - sprinkles on each meal....).

For some people, not much impact. For others, they are really powerful. The good news is, you seem to be in the second camp, and that's great, it means you might have found something that will be really helpful. If I had to take a guess, it's rejiggering your gut pH, and that will likely impact your yeast and parasites some. So go SLOW!!!

I hear they don't taste very good, btw, so this is where some empty capsules would be very helpful...

Also, do you have some basic probiotics in place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
the equivalent of 1/4 of one cap of the yasko enzyme woke me up, put a metallic taste in my mouth, ground my thinking to a halt, turned on obsessive nutrition research again, gave me hangnails, made the world waaay overstimulating and overwhelming, made ds almost colickey and spit up lIke crazy, and made dd yell at everything if she wasn't glued to videos.

So I say sure, I'd totally blame the enzymes.
GO SLOooOW with these enzymes, people! Both nurslings are majorly reacting to me taking them over here.

Eta: that's not just at you, chlobo, someone asked the same thing in the yasko thread and I know a bunch of you are gearing up to try them out...
ROFL - thank you for this public service announcement . I'm really happy people are finding them useful, but they can be seriously impactful, so please, please go slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Whome - do you think it should be the same for the basic pancreatin? The boys and i are sharing one capsule split into three meals a day. I'm not feeling anything bad.

On that note though - DS is way reacting to our probiotics. I just halved the dose yesterday thinking it would be ok, now I'm going to just do a sprinkle. It's the HLC intensive capsules. Need to check if they have fos. Although I don't think he reacted to them before.

Interesting, my pendulum clearly said that the Yasko enzymes are a strong no for us, but the pancreatin are good. I'm wondering if that will change in the future. Will keep it in mind.

I'm starting to wonder if I have Hashi's. Need to address that on the thyroid thread.
You mean the pancreatic glandular? That one won't cause nearly as much detox, it's more supportive, and less potent. So splitting a capsule should be no problem at all.

Or is this a different pancreatin supp. If so, how strong is it? (That way we can figure out how it relates to the Yasko enzymes.)

Quote:
So, I clearly agree with the go slow advice on the digestive enzymes... but I haven't done that here (I'm not pregnant or nursing, don't plan to be for quite a while), and so far, all of us seem fine.

I _may_ be having better energy, I've been more motivated and getting more done here, even extra energy after dinner which is strange, mostly I'm awake but not motivated to clean the kitchen. But maybe it's the less sugar and lower carbs (not really low carb, and totally blew it yesterday), I did both at once.

I *assumed* DH may have digestive issues starting this, I've been thinking his digestion is whacked, but nothing for him either (argh at my keyboard). I bumped him up to 2/meal starting today, we'll see if anything happens.

I didn't mean to start DD at a full capsule per meal, but sh immediately threw up after the first dose hidden in applesauce, I think it was the smell hitting the back of her throat, but she strongly preferred a whole capsule so I decided to risk it. Only thing I've noticed, that's new, is that now that I'm giving hr lots of kimchee, she's gotten gassy--it's not something I've noticed before when we've been without kimchee for a while and then restarted. Her stomach's been upset this morning, wondering if that may be the digestive enzymes plus the kimchee, but it sometimes happened anyway, so it may just be a normal blip.

So anyway, the experiment continues here, so far nothing shocking. I think it's subtly improving my poop, need to ask DD about hrs. Haven't noticed anything on way or another for the pancreas glandular for DS, which is sorta expected, going to probably keep it through the entire summer, s how things are at the beginning of September, maybe mid-Sept after we've been home a while.

How long have you guys been on them, Tanya?

DH didn't react obviously to them either - but it's helped with his heartburn (took a while to realize that). I suspect that for the people that need them, for some, they cause a huge reaction (people with poor gut flora, so they get die off). For others, they need the pancreatic support, but no big gut flora issues, they won't see as big an initial reaction. Just a guess. Or they could be in the group that doesn't need them.

I'm trying DD on them. No immediate reaction (and I started her on a full one each meal - I know, I don't take my own advice, LOL). But I weighed her when we started, and I want to see if she gains this month, since that was one of the less obvious impacts for DS. Maybe something to watch with your kiddos as well.

#328 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM

one of the key on my keyboard was sticky. Drove me nuts. Finally got it replaced. All is well with the world.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#329 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post

I'm with Deb, thinking the pancreatin is the major player. My vague picture that I'm putting together (but still am not totally happy with) is that somehow the pancreatin changes the intestine pH towards normal. And for that, for me, it's causing massive die off of (presumably) e coli and releasing aluminum. For Deb's ds, it released lead. Between the two of us, that doesnt sound like something to mess around with. My issues have been different from other peoples' from the beginning - with no metals on hair tests, etc. And I have the genetics and the urine amino acids test that says this is a likely piece for me. So I'm probably seeing an extreme reaction, because it's a major piece for me. Not everyone will see the same benefits, obviously. The other effect that I'm seeing is that before, probiotics in high doses did diddly squat for me. Now, it seems that they have a lot more effect. And food seems more powerful. And my complexion is looking better - old acne scars are fading, and my coloring is looking better - a lot like what happened right after I first cut out gluten dairy and soy.

#330 of 873 Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I'm with Deb, thinking the pancreatin is the major player. My vague picture that I'm putting together (but still am not totally happy with) is that somehow the pancreatin changes the intestine pH towards normal. And for that, for me, it's causing massive die off of (presumably) e coli and releasing aluminum. For Deb's ds, it released lead. Between the two of us, that doesnt sound like something to mess around with. My issues have been different from other peoples' from the beginning - with no metals on hair tests, etc. And I have the genetics and the urine amino acids test that says this is a likely piece for me. So I'm probably seeing an extreme reaction, because it's a major piece for me. Not everyone will see the same benefits, obviously. The other effect that I'm seeing is that before, probiotics in high doses did diddly squat for me. Now, it seems that they have a lot more effect. And food seems more powerful. And my complexion is looking better - old acne scars are fading, and my coloring is looking better - a lot like what happened right after I first cut out gluten dairy and soy.
Dang, Shannon - that is so cool you are seeing so many benefits. Very awesome.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page