Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelex has DMSA, EDTA, ALA, and several other less good chelators in it. Tanya can speak to dose, but it has 100mg of DMSA and ALA in it. ALAmax has 400mg ALA/tablet. That is more than enough to mobilize a crapload of metals, and then all that stuff will leave your system within a few hours (not be around to clear metals out any more), and you will still have the mobilized metals, which will then resettle in your body (which will make you feel awful, and not get a huge amount of metals out). Really, really, really, really bad idea.

Basically, it's WAY more chelator than Cutler would advise, especially at the beginning, and on a really dumb schedule. Especially dumb if you are dealing with mercury, you will likely feel awful. In a child, that's the kind of protocol that causes permanent damage.

Read Cutler, he can explain this a lot better than I can. Or listen to Tanya, once she has an "e" key .
I'm glad my doctor isn't the only chelating dork!

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post

I think you should go off gluten too Jacq - join the fun!
YEs Jacq you should! I'm only 2 1/2 weeks in so join the fun
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes, yes, I'm gearing up for it here. DS1 is going to be home starting in 2 days, so chances are it'll be a lot easier when that happens.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
JR, for m-, for som- things, I n--d to g-t lots of things right b-for- I s-- good r-sults.

For mood stuff, supps + gfcf + amalgams out + sl--p + ch-lating... now, 2 y-ars lat-r, just gfcf + a f-w supps did good things for my mood, but at th- b-ginning, I had to g-t mor- right. But if your HCP is trying to shift all th- r-sponsibility to you, and say "JR, you just n--d to sl--p mor- and -v-rything will cl-ar up and you will f--l lik- a normal p-rson" th-n th-y ar- not taking a h-lpful OR -ff-ctiv- approach.

Sadly, in g-n-ral, sick-r p-opl- ar- driv-n to alt-rnativ- approach-s mor- than h-althi-r folks but oft-n th-y n--d to mak- mor- chang-s than thos- h-althi-r p-opl-

Kathy--sorry to b- so- bri-f b-for- ... if you want to ch-lat- with drugs (not hom-opathically), PM m- and I will writ- back on DH's comput-r with mor- guidanc- if you want. S-riously, thos- drugs will incapacitat- you. With th- lym-, with all your symptoms now, you will b- in bad shap- fast with that stuff. Th- doc may b- gr-at for som- stuff, but h- has had pati-nts who hav- not r-turn-d aft-r g-tting sick-r with thos- products. I work-d hard to g-t up to 100 mg of ALA, and that mix of stuff sounds lik- s-riously bad n-ws.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
JR, for m-, for som- things, I n--d to g-t lots of things right b-for- I s-- good r-sults.

For mood stuff, supps + gfcf + amalgams out + sl--p + ch-lating... now, 2 y-ars lat-r, just gfcf + a f-w supps did good things for my mood, but at th- b-ginning, I had to g-t mor- right. But if your HCP is trying to shift all th- r-sponsibility to you, and say "JR, you just n--d to sl--p mor- and -v-rything will cl-ar up and you will f--l lik- a normal p-rson" th-n th-y ar- not taking a h-lpful OR -ff-ctiv- approach.

Sadly, in g-n-ral, sick-r p-opl- ar- driv-n to alt-rnativ- approach-s mor- than h-althi-r folks but oft-n th-y n--d to mak- mor- chang-s than thos- h-althi-r p-opl-
Sucky thing is I don't foresee ever being able to get my amalgams out so chelating is likely out of the question as well.
That HCP is an MD. I take pretty much everything she says with a grain of salt, although she's better than most I've seen. And she wasn't saying that everything would be better if I slept more but that it could be a contributing factor and, once we increased my thyroid meds so my levels were in optimal ranges (actual optimal ranges not whatever the lab decides) we should look at possible sleep apnea... Basically, it sounded like she was saying that *once my thyroid levels were normal* everything else was probably because I don't sleep much.
Anyway, my hope is proper thyroid meds + gfcf will be enough to get me some elbow space with my supps. Perhaps if I add in cell salts, that will help too. And maybe the pancreatic supp.
*sigh*
Stop the world and let me off.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM

c-ll salts ar- cool-r than I thought! I'v- b--n abl- to r-duc- DS's vit K2 by half with th- c-ll salts... I didn't -xp-ct that. His nos- is not bl--ding and h-'s b--n at half-dos- for 4 days now. Both kids' zinc is 50% what it us-d to b- as w-ll. At this point, th- c-ll salts ar- actually financially b-n-ficial, by r-ducing oth-r supps I was buying.

Sl--p will h-lp, sbgrac- has b--n h-lp-d by d-aling with h-r sl--p apn-a. But ov-rall, you hav- a lot going on h-althwis- AND lif-wis-.

for fatigu- and sl--p and -v-rything

And now I r-ally will go back to lurking, th- -s ar- making M- crazy. -xc-pt to updat- DS's thr-ad.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Kathy, no way. Scary stuff.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Yes, yes, I'm gearing up for it here. DS1 is going to be home starting in 2 days, so chances are it'll be a lot easier when that happens.
Good I know its sometimes easier said than done. It took us awhile to get started on GF. Being mentally prepared is the big thing for me.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 PM

I am so DONE with analyzing poop. Debating whether to just cut out all stone fruit again for the season, or trial them each individually Or maybe I could use this as an opportunity to test my antioxidant theory and just load up on C?

and for kathy and JR

On the plus side, I actually got out of the house with two kids to run errands today, and no tears or insanity! Progress!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Good I know its sometimes easier said than done. It took us awhile to get started on GF. Being mentally prepared is the big thing for me.
I hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen when it's just me, DS2 and DS3 home. I turn my back on them for 2 seconds and the house is suddenly falling down around my head. Thus, I find it really difficult not to rely on things like... sandwiches when DS1 isn't home. Which, now that I have Kathy's bread recipe, probably wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not in the habit of making it yet.
I'm trying to figure out some fast (as in 15 minutes max) and easy things I can make that fulfil all of our restrictions AND will still be eaten by a toddler and preschooler (ie lettuce = fail so salads = no) AND don't require a microwave.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Kathy--sorry to b- so- bri-f b-for- ... if you want to ch-lat- with drugs (not hom-opathically), PM m- and I will writ- back on DH's comput-r with mor- guidanc- if you want. S-riously, thos- drugs will incapacitat- you. With th- lym-, with all your symptoms now, you will b- in bad shap- fast with that stuff. Th- doc may b- gr-at for som- stuff, but h- has had pati-nts who hav- not r-turn-d aft-r g-tting sick-r with thos- products. I work-d hard to g-t up to 100 mg of ALA, and that mix of stuff sounds lik- s-riously bad n-ws.
Quote:
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelex has DMSA, EDTA, ALA, and several other less good chelators in it. Tanya can speak to dose, but it has 100mg of DMSA and ALA in it. ALAmax has 400mg ALA/tablet. That is more than enough to mobilize a crapload of metals, and then all that stuff will leave your system within a few hours (not be around to clear metals out any more), and you will still have the mobilized metals, which will then resettle in your body (which will make you feel awful, and not get a huge amount of metals out). Really, really, really, really bad idea.

Basically, it's WAY more chelator than Cutler would advise, especially at the beginning, and on a really dumb schedule. Especially dumb if you are dealing with mercury, you will likely feel awful. In a child, that's the kind of protocol that causes permanent damage.

Read Cutler, he can explain this a lot better than I can. Or listen to Tanya, once she has an "e" key .
Quote:
Top part: Sorry.

Bottom part: ALAmax is alpha lipoic acid? Do NOT tak- 1 p-r thr-- days. Provok-d urin- t-st is on- thing, this is anoth-r. Bad plan. Linky to Ch-l-x? I know of no ch-lation protocol that is onc- -v-ry thr-- days. I sugg-st -ith-r you find a gr-at hom-opath lik- PB, or a r-c from h-r, who will addr-ss -ach m-tal with a hom-opathic, or you do Cutl-r's approach with DMSA. -asy-p-asy, buy DMSA onlin- (Thorn- Captom-r is on brand/product), -v-ry 4 hrs round-th--clock.

N--d to go.
He said this was a lot LESS than the provoked urine test, and a gentle way to do it, and it was okay to do with fillings. I asked specifically. He (the doctor) has had his fillings out and chelates a lot of people.... Now I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I am so DONE with analyzing poop. Debating whether to just cut out all stone fruit again for the season, or trial them each individually Or maybe I could use this as an opportunity to test my antioxidant theory and just load up on C?

and for kathy and JR
Just have to say that my kids were using their bookstore gift cards the other day... we were in Barnes & Noble and I was looking in the Health section. There was a brown poop diary (with spaces for info., and a section on what it can mean). Hilarious. And I thought of MDC.

I can't start doing anything until after the biopsy anyway, so I've got time. And I'll be talking to the doctor before that.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 06-15-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
And she wasn't saying that everything would be better if I slept more but that it could be a contributing factor and, once we increased my thyroid meds so my levels were in optimal ranges (actual optimal ranges not whatever the lab decides) we should look at possible sleep apnea...
I totally agree you could use more sleep, but I'm thinking your "sleep apnea" has 4 feet and two mouths .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I'm glad my doctor isn't the only chelating dork!
Yeah, see mamafish' head explode, LOL! But really, this stuff is dangerous.

Quote:
He said this was a lot LESS than the provoked urine test, and a gentle way to do it, and it was okay to do with fillings. I asked specifically. He (the doctor) has had his fillings out and chelates a lot of people.... Now I'm confused.
The provoked urine test was just DMSA, right? How much? The stuff he's giving you is only 100mg of DMSA - I don't consider 100mg a small dose, but it's the ALA that is crazy - 100mg in the chelex and 400mg in 1 tab of the alamax. (Never mind the EDTA and other stuff, we'll ignore those for the moment!) He may not consider ALA a chelator. But 500mg of ALA - OMG. I don't know what his definition of "gentle" is, but the only way that wouldn't hit you like a subway train is if you didn't have any metals toxicity. And doing it with fillings in?????

I think it's totally nuts, but if you decide to try it, take about 1/10 of each of those capsules, and see what it does to you. Then imagine that x10 or worse.

Uh oh, gotta go - my child just went outside, nakey, and climbed in the fire pit...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
I hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen when it's just me, DS2 and DS3 home. I turn my back on them for 2 seconds and the house is suddenly falling down around my head. Thus, I find it really difficult not to rely on things like... sandwiches when DS1 isn't home. Which, now that I have Kathy's bread recipe, probably wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not in the habit of making it yet.
I'm trying to figure out some fast (as in 15 minutes max) and easy things I can make that fulfil all of our restrictions AND will still be eaten by a toddler and preschooler (ie lettuce = fail so salads = no) AND don't require a microwave.
I have to say I admire you. I just have 1 VERY laid back child and I lose my mind somedays so for you with 3 LO's wow! That will hopefully be me someday(we want 3) it's not easy being a momma and then throw in food restrictions.
Is kathy's bread recipe on her site?

Quote:
I

Uh oh, gotta go - my child just went outside, nakey, and climbed in the fire pit...
I love it
Old 06-15-2010, 01:29 AM

Hi all.... sorry to pop in with only questions probably completely unrelated to the current line of discussion but I have very little time on this computer tonight. A friend of mine has had menstral blood for about 6 weeks now and they can not find the cause. She is severely anemic at this point and her doc wants to do a transfusion. She does not want this but her iron supp is not bringing up her iron. I know that not all iron supps are equal. What is the best iron supp, most bioavailable, you know what I am after here. I just don't have time to look it up as I am trying to get my paper work in for work by midnight (deadline) and am in a crunch. I am also wondering what zinc supps might be good for ds? his doc wants him to take zinc plus by klaire labs (i think) but i have not had time to look at this. Any thoughts? thanks as always
Will read up and update on us later in the week... hope you all are well

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 AM

J-n, most folks say f-rrous bisglycinat- (my l-tt-r aft-r D is malfunctioning), I'd consid-r som-thing lik- P-rqu- brand An-mia Guard... is that th- nam-? ...

http://www.perque.com/pdfs/PERQUE-He...emia-Guard.pdf

Has copp-r and B12 too, plus a f-w oth-r things. It would b- an onlin- purchas-... naturamart.com s-lls stuff by that company.

Som- folks lik- Floradix, I know littl- about it.

Tak- car-. And y-s, I am sorry for th- sp-lling issu-.

Going to b-d soon now anyway. As soon as I can st-althily count DH's blinks with th- A/C off (on is blowing in his fac-).
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 AM

I know it's come up a bit before... Any suggestions besides mag for funky heart stuff? It feels like it's beating extra hard or palpating or irregular or something. It's hard to tell.

Jen, for iron, floradix (there's a gf version and a gluten one), vit C to help absorption, red meat, calcium blocks absorption, and lactoferrin might help.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post
What is the best iron supp, most bioavailable, you know what I am after here.
I am also wondering what zinc supps might be good for ds? his doc wants him to take zinc plus by klaire labs (i think) but i have not had time to look at this.

I take MegaFoods Blood Builder for iron, I feel it more than I did with Floradix.

Dd takes Kirkman Labs zinc liquid, cherry flavored. I take Klaire Labs Zinc. Both are good, but the Klaire Zinc can't be "hidden" - it tastes gross. The Kirkman tastes fine, strong by itself like cough syrup, but dd takes hers in juice.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The provoked urine test was just DMSA, right? How much? The stuff he's giving you is only 100mg of DMSA - I don't consider 100mg a small dose, but it's the ALA that is crazy - 100mg in the chelex and 400mg in 1 tab of the alamax. (Never mind the EDTA and other stuff, we'll ignore those for the moment!) He may not consider ALA a chelator. But 500mg of ALA - OMG. I don't know what his definition of "gentle" is, but the only way that wouldn't hit you like a subway train is if you didn't have any metals toxicity. And doing it with fillings in?????

I think it's totally nuts, but if you decide to try it, take about 1/10 of each of those capsules, and see what it does to you. Then imagine that x10 or worse.
I specifically said to him, isn't it going to mobilize all the mercury in my mouth and he said, you don't have much mercury (from the provoked DSMA test), and I don't believe Cutler when he says that it'll mobilize it. I said, are you sure? Because I listen when you guys talk about stuff I don't know about (until you lose me!). I'll start slow. I promise. And can't start for at least a week anyway.

Quote:
That is totally something my kids would do. I have a picture of one of my kids trying to climb inside a chimnea on the porch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Is kathy's bread recipe on her site?
Yes. That one even has pictures. This morning I'm attempting cinnamon rolls out of my breakfast focaccia recipe.

Has anyone thought about gluten/dairy free pierogis? The dough has eggs in it, which I can do (as long as DS isn't having them) and then make it gluten free. And instead of potatoes and cheese in the filling, I could do potatoes and nutritional yeast and that kind of thing. What do you think... could it work? I miss pierogis.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 AM

I need some breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. I am stuck. We have pancakes & oatmeal but they are getting old pretty darn fast.

HHHHHEEEELLLLPPP.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I know it's come up a bit before... Any suggestions besides mag for funky heart stuff? It feels like it's beating extra hard or palpating or irregular or something. It's hard to tell.
This is my heart too...been beating really fast and irregular but mag doesn't seem to help me.

Quote:

Yes. That one even has pictures. This morning I'm attempting cinnamon rolls out of my breakfast focaccia recipe.

Has anyone thought about gluten/dairy free pierogis? The dough has eggs in it, which I can do (as long as DS isn't having them) and then make it gluten free. And instead of potatoes and cheese in the filling, I could do potatoes and nutritional yeast and that kind of thing. What do you think... could it work? I miss pierogis.
Oh goodie...DH loves pierogis Although he should be GF/CF more than anyone he just won't do it.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM

potassium for the heart flutter, only food source. small range of safety in supplementation. Basically, the positive ions must be balanced: sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium. Supping one can create imbalances in another. When I take magnesium, I get jumpy legs if I haven't had enough potassium. How's your calcium and sodium intake?

OJ, tomato juice. WHF: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=90

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM

Oh me too, me too - I am so done analyzing poop
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I need some breakfast ideas that don't involve eggs. I am stuck. We have pancakes & oatmeal but they are getting old pretty darn fast.

HHHHHEEEELLLLPPP.
buckwheat waffles/pancakes
curried chickpeas (sometimes with broccoli)
bacon
sausage
roasted potatoes
sweet potato - bacon hash
Creamy buckwheat cereal
Millet porridge (we make ours with coconut milk)
breakfast focaccia (made into cinnamon rolls this morning; I think I like it better than straight focaccia)

Old 06-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
potassium for the heart flutter, only food source. small range of safety in supplementation. Basically, the positive ions must be balanced: sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium. Supping one can create imbalances in another. When I take magnesium, I get jumpy legs if I haven't had enough potassium. How's your calcium and sodium intake?

OJ, tomato juice. WHF: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=90

Pat
Ding ding ding, I think we have a winner. It would also explain the almost cramps, the tomato and veggie cravings, and would be explained by the liver (A) from a few days ago. Yar, stinkin electrolytes!

Dd just woke up and came in at 6:30. It's going to be a long day. Normal for her lately is 9ish.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
buckwheat waffles/pancakes
curried chickpeas (sometimes with broccoli)
bacon
sausage
roasted potatoes
sweet potato - bacon hash
Creamy buckwheat cereal
Millet porridge (we make ours with coconut milk)
breakfast focaccia (made into cinnamon rolls this morning; I think I like it better than straight focaccia)
Where is this focaccia recipe?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-15-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:

Oh Kathy, this idea brings tears to my eyes. I miss my grandma's homemade pierogis.

For ideas, I would do a search for chinese dumplings. About a year ago, we made some gf dumplings and it was doughy like pierogis. I think it was from glutenfree gobsmacked.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM

Ok detectives.... this isn't allergy related (well, who knows- could be seasonal allergies), but you're the most brilliant minds I have access to.

So I think I mentioned that I went for a little road trip this past weekend. Left Friday morning, got back Saturday evening. Weighed 5 pounds less when I got back, but gained it back in the next 24 hours. Weird. It was hot where we were staying, but we were inside for the most part, and I was drinking plenty of water. Didn't feel dehydrated at all. Sunday morning I woke up with a killer headache (pretty unusual; I rarely get headaches.) It continued off and on throughout the day. I did a bunch of yardwork (I admit, I probably overdid it... spent a couple hours with a chainsaw cutting back our 25ft laurel...), was completely wiped out by the end of the day. Yesterday I woke up with the headache again and could hardly move. Today, the same. I'm getting dizzy when I stand up, I have a killer headache, but no other major symptoms. I feel like I'm sick, but have no other "sick" symptoms. I coughed a couple times yesterday, but that's it. I can't figure out if I'm getting sick, or if something else is going on. I've been drinking water and tea, and taking all my vitamins.... not sure what else to do. I can't help but think it's somehow related to my sudden weight fluctuations. Any thoughts?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Thought about gfcf pierogies? Yes. But since we can't do eggs, every attempt I've made at "egg-noodle" type stuff falls apart. eta: Pierogies were one of DS1's favourite foods and he would seriously fall apart if I made them and he couldn't eat them.
There are a couple of recipes for them online. I think one is even vegan. I haven't tried that one.
For filling: saurkraut and bacon (even better if you add some coconut yogourt- no potato in this filling); bacon, onion and potatoes; poppy seed filling (dessert pierogies). Those are all "traditional" fillings from Ukrainians in Manitoba, as well as the cheddar and cottage cheese fillings.

My little Raffle baby is THREE today!!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I specifically said to him, isn't it going to mobilize all the mercury in my mouth and he said, you don't have much mercury (from the provoked DSMA test), and I don't believe Cutler when he says that it'll mobilize it. I said, are you sure? Because I listen when you guys talk about stuff I don't know about (until you lose me!). I'll start slow. I promise. And can't start for at least a week anyway.
It's not starting slow that will make the biggest difference, it is the dosing schedule. DMSA has a 1/2 life in your blood of 4 hours. ALA has a half life in your blood of 3 hours. Most metals have a 1/2 life in your blood of 8+ hours. What that means is that if the metals get mobilized right away when you take the DMSA/ALA, the drugs will be gone in a lot less time than the metals.

So what Cutler does is says take DMSA every 4 hours, or ALA every 3 hours, and then you will have a reasonably steady level in your blood. You do that for 3 days, then take a break. Most people report feeling crappiest the day right after - when they still have mobilized metals, but no more chelators to take care of the metals. That's when those metals resettle back in your body, and it doesn't feel good. The smaller the dosing you use, the less bad it is, which is why Cutler recommends really small doses.

The problem is, the "resettling" isn't neutral. You can mobilize mercury out of your kidneys, for example - but no guarantees it resettles back there. ALA carries mercury out of the brain - but it can also carry it in (it's one of the very few substances that can cross the blood-brain barrier). So you could take mercury from your kidneys (or your fillings ), into your brain, run out of ALA in your bloodstream, and have the mercury settle into your brain.

So if you're going to touch the stuff your osteo wants you to take, I'd do the chelex only first, every 4 hours (all night as well) for 2.5 days (start one morning, finish right before going to bed 2.5 days later). Take a very small amount (like 1/10 of the capsule) every 4 hours. See how you feel.

Also, the EDTA in the chelex is a chelator that has a strong affinity for minerals. So don't take it anywhere near your mineral doses, and expect it to mobilize copper (i.e. your back's probably going to freak).

Old 06-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Happy Birthday, Raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
So I think I mentioned that I went for a little road trip this past weekend. Left Friday morning, got back Saturday evening. Weighed 5 pounds less when I got back, but gained it back in the next 24 hours. Weird. It was hot where we were staying, but we were inside for the most part, and I was drinking plenty of water. Didn't feel dehydrated at all. Sunday morning I woke up with a killer headache (pretty unusual; I rarely get headaches.) It continued off and on throughout the day. I did a bunch of yardwork (I admit, I probably overdid it... spent a couple hours with a chainsaw cutting back our 25ft laurel...), was completely wiped out by the end of the day. Yesterday I woke up with the headache again and could hardly move. Today, the same. I'm getting dizzy when I stand up, I have a killer headache, but no other major symptoms. I feel like I'm sick, but have no other "sick" symptoms. I coughed a couple times yesterday, but that's it. I can't figure out if I'm getting sick, or if something else is going on. I've been drinking water and tea, and taking all my vitamins.... not sure what else to do. I can't help but think it's somehow related to my sudden weight fluctuations. Any thoughts?
Vitamin D can cause detox - if you were out in the sun a lot (and given our crappy PNW weather this spring), you probably just hit your system with a whack of natural vitamin D...

User Tag List