It's June 2010 already! Allergy Chat Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kathy it sounds like fifth's to me, especially since it spread to her arms. DS had it last summer. He seems a tad under the weather, but that was it, no other complaints.

Chlobo - funny about the pregnant comment. It is surprising on you since you are so tall and lean (or at least that's my impression). I would assume you would be sticking out well.

I am really overweight, and also very curvy. I go from looking overweight very curvy, to looking overweight apple shaped. I think that's what throws people off.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 PM

I think a big difference between idlis and dosas, besides how they're cooked is how thin/thick the batter is.

I get the basketball tummy while pg, so there's no question. But now I still have that basketball tummy. Thanks, diastasis!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Kathy it sounds like fifth's to me, especially since it spread to her arms. DS had it last summer. He seems a tad under the weather, but that was it, no other complaints.

Chlobo - funny about the pregnant comment. It is surprising on you since you are so tall and lean (or at least that's my impression). I would assume you would be sticking out well.

I am really overweight, and also very curvy. I go from looking overweight very curvy, to looking overweight apple shaped. I think that's what throws people off.
That's so cute. you think I'm tall. I'm only 5' 5".

However, I have the longest torso on someone my size that ever lived. I am all torso & NO legs. So DS must have been hiding in my ginormous torso.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
That's so cute. you think I'm tall. I'm only 5' 5".

However, I have the longest torso on someone my size that ever lived. I am all torso & NO legs. So DS must have been hiding in my ginormous torso.
You are only 5 5 wow that wasn't my impression at all. Must be the torso. Yes, I think that is why I don't pop out much. Long torso bathing suits are a little tight on me.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
I think a big difference between idlis and dosas, besides how they're cooked is how thin/thick the batter is.

I get the basketball tummy while pg, so there's no question. But now I still have that basketball tummy. Thanks, diastasis!
When did your diastasis start to happen Shannon?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You are only 5 5 wow that wasn't my impression at all. Must be the torso. Yes, I think that is why I don't pop out much. Long torso bathing suits are a little tight on me.
I hate bathing suits. I need to buy a big size to get the length but then I have no boobs so I can't fill out the cups. Of course right now I am filling everything out a little too much.

What does sudden weight gain mean again? Is that thyroid?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
When did your diastasis start to happen Shannon?
I first noticed it halfway through my first pregnancy. With ds, it just picked up where it left off and I had the triangle tummy first trimester. By the end, it looked inches wide. In high school, I had the line down my tummy that we (water polo friends) thought was awesome abs, but I kind of doubt that now... And my mom's tummy makes the exact same shape as mine does now when doing a crunch. I have no hope!

Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM

these ants are tiny and coming in through the window. DH wants to kill them but I don't think that's fair to them. They're just being ants, yk?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
these ants are tiny and coming in through the window. DH wants to kill them but I don't think that's fair to them. They're just being ants, yk?
That's so sweet. But I'm with your husband on this one.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-15-2010, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I hate bathing suits. I need to buy a big size to get the length but then I have no boobs so I can't fill out the cups. Of course right now I am filling everything out a little too much.
OMG, Carren, we do need to start a club. I have no boobs either. I just want the ones back that I had before kidlets came and sucked them out of me!

Quote:
That's so sweet. But I'm with your husband on this one.
Me too. I say "Die, ant!" and now DD2 is doing it too.

I just think it's weird since dd2 has had no other symptoms, no fever or anything, and I usually think fifths has that. DH came home, looked at her, and said "what did she eat?" I'm thinking viral, he's thinking food. I don't want it to be food. He asked what was in the pan the night before that he'd cooked her chickpeas in and I wanted to know what spatula he used... because I'd made macaroni and cheese, which had the chickpea miso in it, which has "sea vegetables" which I know she can't have, so I'm wondering about cross contamination on that. It's just such a "lacy" rash. It's very odd.

And as an aside, without the anti-inflammatories, my hip is killing me. And DS "rang out" of 4th grade tonight. He goes to the middle school this year (they ring a big bell in the courtyard of the elementary school). Where do the years go? And... I have to break in a new set of teachers next year (though in the middle school there aren't nearly as many food based parties as there are in elementary school!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Sorry, that must be aggravating. I am a bit of an opposite.
I am 6 months pregnant now, and I still have to tell people. No one has any idea I am pregnant. They never do with any of my pregnancies. Everyone was shocked my last one was 10.3 lbs. My neighbors didn't realize I was pregnant, and were shocked I had a newborn.

Maybe a happy medium would be good. That said, I'm not having a hard time getting around yet, bending over, so that is a blessing.
Quote:
I went to a wedding when I was 8.5 months pregnant with DS. We met some friends we hadn't seen in a couple of years and they said, "so what's new?" And I was like "Baby, due any day? Ring a bell". They claimed they didn't know if I was pregnant or just a gained a little weight.
Funny how we all are, eh. I'm 5 4 and a short torso so big babes go out. But this babe is low so out a bit more, perhaps? But I've always gotten the comments by 6 mos. And people arguing with me, lol. And I measure a little ahead after 34 weeks, but I'm not even 30 weeks. Tonight dh and I went grocery shopping together and someone asked if I was trying to bring on labor (some people walk the stores, I guess?). I said, "I hope not, I've still got 2 1/2 mos to go!" DH says I make too much of it, but it just bugs me--we wouldn't comment on someone's "largeness" in normal conversation (to them), so what changes once you're expecting?

I have gf brownies cooling right now to soothe my soul. (I used eggs, JR, so darn, I can't share with anyone!)

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Old 06-16-2010, 01:50 AM

I have origami boobs. There are no swimsuits for that .

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
And as an aside, without the anti-inflammatories, my hip is killing me. And DS "rang out" of 4th grade tonight. He goes to the middle school this year (they ring a big bell in the courtyard of the elementary school). Where do the years go? And... I have to break in a new set of teachers next year (though in the middle school there aren't nearly as many food based parties as there are in elementary school!
Yeah, DS1 starts grade 5 next year as well so we'll be breaking in new teachers as well.

Hoping something helps your hip.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
DS *thinks* I have origami boobs. He folds, spindles & mutilates at will.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Woah, cool! (there's an allergy connection, I'm sure...)

http://www.farmfountain.com/

Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM

--
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Woah, cool! (there's an allergy connection, I'm sure...)

http://www.farmfountain.com/
The fact that they have koi in there kind of grosses me out (don't know WHY but it does... I think maybe because most koi have been in that weird chemical solution that they put ornamental fish in which has the warning "not for fish intended for human consumption").

Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
My little Raffle baby is THREE today!!
Wow DD turned 2 yesterday Happy Birthday to your LO.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
For me, that all stopped with adrenal cortex glandular. Plus B's...
I am getting the pregnancy comments right and left these days...I hate it.
"Wow, you're big! Are you having twins?"
"Nope, just one!"
"Are you sure? You are really big!"
Gee, thanks! made my day...I got THREE such comments at church Sunday. 3! Another lady said her husband thought I must be due anytime becuase I "look to big and uncomfortable". And then they announced that someone had their baby and someone thought it was ME!
I have healthy, big babies; small torso; low baby; they just poke out! At least it's going to come off in a few months, which is more than I can say about some of the commentors! Too bad I feel the need to be polite at church!
Man I really thinking about adding adrenal cortex to my supp regimen. I bet you look beautiful pregnant
Quote:
I first noticed it halfway through my first pregnancy. With ds, it just picked up where it left off and I had the triangle tummy first trimester. By the end, it looked inches wide. In high school, I had the line down my tummy that we (water polo friends) thought was awesome abs, but I kind of doubt that now... And my mom's tummy makes the exact same shape as mine does now when doing a crunch. I have no hope!
My pilates instructor told me I had a diastis(not sure that's spelled right) because I have a very tender area to the touch above and to the left of my belly button but my stomach is flat does that sound right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Your hilarious!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Lots of birthdays in June!! Happy Birthday to all of you!

The lacy rash is on her legs too. I'm hoping it's Fifths Disease. That way we don't lose another food!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Happy birthday to your DD too!
So, DS3 shares a birthday with menomena's DD and DS2 shares a birthday with mom61508's daughter. Cool!

Took DSs 2 and 3 outside for a bit. Stepped on a few slugs. Poor slugs. They're out in full force bc it's grey and the front lawn just got mowed by the tenants.

eta: Oh yeah and I'm on an adrenal cortex supp and still get the weird fast/hard heartbeat.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
My pilates instructor told me I had a diastis(not sure that's spelled right) because I have a very tender area to the touch above and to the left of my belly button but my stomach is flat does that sound right?
The test is to lay flat on your back, then lift your head off the ground. Feel the space between your tummy muscles and see how many fingers you can fit across. Not sure what the cutoffs are, but I think 3 or 4 is a pretty big deal. I'm at about 2.

Inspired by Tanya, I'm going to start throwing some more stuff up on detoxpuzzle in the mornings before dd is awake. It's not complete or pretty, but it's stuff and it's up This morning was vitamin K, pancreas and digestive enzymes.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The test is to lay flat on your back, then lift your head off the ground. Feel the space between your tummy muscles and see how many fingers you can fit across. Not sure what the cutoffs are, but I think 3 or 4 is a pretty big deal. I'm at about 2.

Inspired by Tanya, I'm going to start throwing some more stuff up on detoxpuzzle in the mornings before dd is awake. It's not complete or pretty, but it's stuff and it's up This morning was vitamin K, pancreas and digestive enzymes.

Oh yeah. Was talking to someone and was saying that just doing my housework on a given day wears me out, much less taking the kids outside and stuff... The response? "If you're that ill, maybe you should see a doctor."
Gee, really? WHY didn't I think of that?!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah. Was talking to someone and was saying that just doing my housework on a given day wears me out, much less taking the kids outside and stuff... The response? "If you're that ill, maybe you should see a doctor."
Gee, really? WHY didn't I think of that?!
Doctors are magic, doncha know. They fix everything instantly. Bet that belief drives doctors crazy (nevermind driving sick people crazy).
Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Happy birthday to your DD too!
So, DS3 shares a birthday with menomena's DD and DS2 shares a birthday with mom61508's daughter. Cool!

Took DSs 2 and 3 outside for a bit. Stepped on a few slugs. Poor slugs. They're out in full force bc it's grey and the front lawn just got mowed by the tenants.
eta: Oh yeah and I'm on an adrenal cortex supp and still get the weird fast/hard heartbeat.
Ya there seems to be lots of June Birthdays. Mine heart is always flip flopping uhhh I hate it. It's been happening since I was 16. I guess I can try the adrenal and see If it helps. I hoping since going GF my adrenals will heal faster fingers crossed. Quick question...were you diagnosed with Hashis before having kids(think you said in thyroid thread but can't remember)? DH really wants another baby but I'm scared to death about trying to get pregnant with Hashis.
Quote:

I think I can only get 1 finger across. do you have any tender areas in your stomach?? I beginning to think something else is wrong.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:12 PM

I'm starting a glutamate thread, come and play!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...php?p=15526003

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I think I can only get 1 finger across. do you have any tender areas in your stomach?? I beginning to think something else is wrong.
not really, no

Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Ya there seems to be lots of June Birthdays. Mine heart is always flip flopping uhhh I hate it. It's been happening since I was 16. I guess I can try the adrenal and see If it helps. I hoping since going GF my adrenals will heal faster fingers crossed. Quick question...were you diagnosed with Hashis before having kids(think you said in thyroid thread but can't remember)? DH really wants another baby but I'm scared to death about trying to get pregnant with Hashis.
I was dx'd with Hashi's after DS2, so DS3 was conceived and carried after dx. Of course, I had it for years prior to dx. I only got my antibodies tested 8 months after my hypoT dx but had "borderline" TSH as far back as 2002 (I think it was then... I'd have to check my med records again).

I was coming to say something specific... Oh right!
Counted DS2's blinks... Or maybe I should say lack thereof.
One. That's right. One. He blinked ONCE in a minute. And I did it REPEATEDLY.
Now what?! That means he has low dopamine right? What do I do for him? He must feel terrible a lot. Would that explain his climbing and erratic behaviour and stuff? (Or is that just wishful thinking? )

Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 PM

So dH said my blink rate was 12-15 bpm. That's not good, right?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM

So while my eyes are slowly blinking I need a yummy cod filet recipe. Anyone got one?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

User Tag List