It's June 2010 already! Allergy Chat Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are having so much activity on the May thread lately, it's hard to admit a new month means a new thread!

So bring your questions, problems, celebrations and general amazing-ness here.

I for one do not mind repitition for the 800th time, b/c I have mama brain as much you.
#2 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 PM

Jane!!
I was just thinking that we needed a new thread! Thanks!!

Re: DS2 and the kitchen... Something like the blood sugar crash you suggested occurred to me as well. He recently dropped the nursing session at which I suspect he runs his "raids", so I wonder if telling him that I'll leave a snack for him in a specific place would help? I think I might start a thread for suggestions of things I can leave on the counter for him to eat... Not sure if in Toddlers or here yet though.

eta: I don't know hypoglycemia symptoms. Do you have a link?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#3 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

Re: DS2 and the kitchen... Something like the blood sugar crash you suggested occurred to me as well. He recently dropped the nursing session at which I suspect he runs his "raids", so I wonder if telling him that I'll leave a snack for him in a specific place would help? I think I might start a thread for suggestions of things I can leave on the counter for him to eat... Not sure if in Toddlers or here yet though.

eta: I don't know hypoglycemia symptoms. Do you have a link?
These are the extreme end of the spectrum:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hyp...ction=symptoms

But generally it's *needing* to eat frequently and becoming a cranky bear if you don't eat.

Did I post here about the connection between insomnia and low blood sugar?

If your blood sugar crashes during the night. This provokes a rush of adrenaline to get your liver to release glucose and bring b.s. back up, and then you wake up and cannot fall back asleep easily, or you sleep fitfully. It sounds to me that he might be having a sugar crash if he is ravenous for food in the middle of the night.

Sugar crashes are the result of too many high blood sugar episodes, poor insulin control and beginning of insulin resistance.

I've been eating primal (no grains, starchy veg or sugars) for the past 2 weeks, and reading about paleo/primal eating and insulin control a lot. It's been a true revelation, putting a lot of pieces together.

I've also learned is that low b.s. effects our amino acids and seratonin... b/c if your sugar crashes, at any time, not just during the day, your liver makes sugar out of... amino acids! Which means your brain is then starved for them. Hello Prozac Nation. Its a high carb diet that is causing it, not a "chemical imbalance".

One of my favorite books, The Mood Cure, touches on this but doesn't explain it to the extent that The Primal Blueprint book did.

OMG I so have to work... I've been playing hooky too much, stuck on something.
#4 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 PM

OK, no idea how to get my multiquotes here from the May thread, so...

JR, I have a supps cupboard for DS alone, and then another one for the rest of us.

Dr. Yasko's enzymes - yeah, for anyone curious about whether they might benefit from pancreatic support, this is where I would start - I think you'll get the fastest, most obvious answer that way. Then if the enzymes help, you can conclude you'd probably benefit from a wider range of pancreatic supports - so the enzymes are like an inexpensive diagnostic.

For kids, or if you don't want to feel bleck, I'd start with a sprinkle and move up. If you want a fast answer, do what Shannon did and take one a meal . Two a meal is her suggested dose for adults.

chlobo, you said you didn't get any effect - which enzymes were you taking for a couple of days, and how much?

I think I'm going to start a "guess at your genetics" thread, to talk about the Yasko stuff...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#5 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
I for one do not mind repitition for the 800th time, b/c I have mama brain as much you.
Thanks, Jane

I seem to have aluminum brain instead, though... Sending my pee test off today, finally! I get to see what toxic junk I'm sequestering, yay

A snack tray sounds like a great idea, jr! I'm also thinking if you could teach R to do some of the stuff he's doing anyway, maybe he'd be able to do it without making so much of a mess. Or give him ways to help. Basically direct his energy so it doesnt just explode? For vitamin cabinets, I can't help you - I leave mine out and dd just isn't interested.

And I take back my good poop comment it keeps coming and is getting mucusey. At least it's yellow!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#6 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM

Oh right, you also need b6 to access the glycogen stored in your liver. I watched dd go from needing regular food and freaking out (but not eating) when she didn't get it to forgetting to eat all day and me not noticing when I got b6 into her.

And to be fair, the one a meal enzymes I started with were a much lower dosage than yasko's. What's weird is I just noticed the enzymes I'm using now (twin labs) say to take them *after* your meal

#7 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
ok.. am i the only one with an entire cupboard "dedicated" to supps? how do you all keep the kids out of them?
I act like I'm going to quote on the old thread, clicking all my multi-quotes, then hit reply, then I copy it from there. Come over to the new thread, and hit all my multi-quotes, and hit reply, then paste the old thread stuff at the beginning. That doesn't even make sense to me, when I just wrote it.

Anyway, DS and I have a lot of the same supps at the moment. His are on the kitchen shelf behind the sink. Mine are actually out on the kitchen counter at the moment. DH's are in the linen closet (locked - where he no longer keeps his retainer if people remember that story, but he keeps his allergy, etc. meds) in the bathroom. I did see a super huge pill organizer the other day at the drugstore. I was thinking of getting one for DS and one for me....

Quote:

If your blood sugar crashes during the night. This provokes a rush of adrenaline to get your liver to release glucose and bring b.s. back up, and then you wake up and cannot fall back asleep easily, or you sleep fitfully. It sounds to me that he might be having a sugar crash if he is ravenous for food in the middle of the night.

Sugar crashes are the result of too many high blood sugar episodes, poor insulin control and beginning of insulin resistance.
If you posted it here before I missed it. I have insomnia where I can't fall asleep, and if I wake up in the night, it takes me an hour or so to get back to sleep. So maybe I should have a protein (like a hard boiled egg) before bed? or should it be a fat?

At one point, I used to leave cereal out for the kids if they woke up before me. Now they just open all the cupboards and look around. But mine are older and "could" clean up after themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Thanks, Jane

I seem to have aluminum brain instead, though... Sending my pee test off today, finally! I get to see what toxic junk I'm sequestering, yay
I just dropped mine off at Fedex too. Girls are always peeing together!!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#8 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

It fits into the adrenal stuff too. Back when I wasn't carb sensitive (guessing I may be now) it _seemed_ solely adrenal for me, and improving my adrenals and having 2nd dinner right before bed seemed to stop that cycle for me.

I've also learned is that low b.s. effects our amino acids and seratonin... b/c if your sugar crashes, at any time, not just during the day, your liver makes sugar out of... amino acids! Which means your brain is then starved for them. Hello Prozac Nation. Its a high carb diet that is causing it, not a "chemical imbalance".

One of my favorite books, The Mood Cure, touches on this but doesn't explain it to the extent that The Primal Blueprint book did.

OMG I so have to work... I've been playing hooky too much, stuck on something.
Just quoted the rest cause it was interesting to re-read. Dang... betcha this is a HUGE deal for DH. Borderline depressed for a few years now, betcha insulin resistance is building, or at least not getting better... Must.do.paleo.NOW!

Quote:
link the DHA again?

For me, within 24 hours of starting a med/full dose of enzymes with every meal, I started getting gas. And within a couple days was getting a metallic-tasting cough (I'd been sick), major brain fog, and my low dopamine symptoms - leg twitches while falling asleep and *obsessive* reading about this stuff. Plus feeling really easily overstimulated. Now I'm doubling my dose (I'm nuts!) and getting it all again, minus the metallic cough. Oh, and first time around, I had a bitter taste in my mouth towards the end and was getting low zinc symptoms. Ds was spitting up a ton, and dd was being an exaggerated version of her high needs/emotionally sensitive self. Funny, I write that about dd, and that's totally how I'm feeling myself right now. Trying really hard to take it easy on dd this week...

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I was wondering about dosing... going to see how DH feels about experimenting on himself, and I think I'll try for myself too. Depending on how DH and I feel, we'll consider the kids--cause our digestion isn't great, and I think a bit of extra support until I get consistent, uneventful ala/dmsa rounds going would be helpful.

Jane, the neonate. I'm crediting it for getting ds back to pooping, and after yesterday's super-funky poop, we're looking at the best poop I've seen from him in a loooooong time.

eta: pat
I read "neocate" instead of "neonate" back when the original question was asked and wondered what the heck was I missing.

Quote:
ok.. am i the only one with an entire cupboard "dedicated" to supps? how do you all keep the kids out of them?

Some are above the dryer. They don't get into the others, which fill an entire cabinet under the island because hey, life gets easier as the kids get older. Back at the old house, with DS so much younger, the solution was a high cabinet in the kitchen... he's never been a huge climber and it was way far away from the chairs which he'd have to push to climb on the counter to get into the cabinet--and nothing else good was nearby to entice him.

eta: dha tanya found
Yup, that's the one, Jarrow Max DHA, vitacost has it cheap (cause I'm lazy and reading from JR's fancy quote that shows up as the whole text right now while I'm quoting). Lots of DHA, very little EPA so I shouldn't start crazy bruising. And it's economical, yay!

Quote:
For memory? ... I cannot remember

Do you already take B12 and CoQ10?
I should be good for B12, today I'm going to order mamafish's liquid B12 from holistic heal. I've never supp'd CoQ10, don't know the indications for it.

Quote:
Duuuuudes,

It's June!
Whoa, I can't believe we totally missed it.
#9 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
If you posted it here before I missed it. I have insomnia where I can't fall asleep, and if I wake up in the night, it takes me an hour or so to get back to sleep. So maybe I should have a protein (like a hard boiled egg) before bed? or should it be a fat?
So, on my new favorite topic, pancreatic supports... . DS was the child who woke up in the middle of the night and was up for 4 hours, several times a week. It got better over the last year, but still happened 1-2x a week. And he woke frequently to nurse, without that, I can't imagine how often he would have been awake at night.

Since starting all the Yasko stuff, this has entirely disappeared, and I think it's primarily the pancreatic supports - he's not having blood sugar crashes in the middle of the night any more. I also make sure he goes to bed with a full belly, but that didn't really fix things before, it only moved his wake up time from midnight to 2am .

#10 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
I just dropped mine off at Fedex too. Girls are always peeing together!!

I remembered what I was going to whine about My body chemistry is seriously changing over here, and now I have no idea what to eat anymore! I'm not craving butter at all, or even fat that much. Meat is still good, but not the no brainer it used to be. I don't know what to think about carbs. And we keep running out of veggies. Got to keep life interesting, right?

#11 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Shannon, DS does way better on carbs now with his fancy new pancreatic stuff - have you tried *some*? I'm suspecting that feeling better on a paleo diet (which was pretty much how DS chose to eat) is a good clue about needing some pancreatic support.

#12 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
Shannon, DS does way better on carbs now with his fancy new pancreatic stuff - have you tried *some*? I'm suspecting that feeling better on a paleo diet (which was pretty much how DS chose to eat) is a good clue about needing some pancreatic support.
Just checked my blood sugar after breakfast. I was expecting in the 115-130 range. It was 99 I think I like this. The best part is how easy it is to tell someone what you're doing (and get my mom on board - here, take these enzymes, it'll solve all your problems!). Now I really want to know how universal it is at helping people, or if I'm just lucky. Get on pancreatin and report back, people!

#13 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
So, on my new favorite topic, pancreatic supports... . DS was the child who woke up in the middle of the night and was up for 4 hours, several times a week. It got better over the last year, but still happened 1-2x a week. And he woke frequently to nurse, without that, I can't imagine how often he would have been awake at night.

Since starting all the Yasko stuff, this has entirely disappeared, and I think it's primarily the pancreatic supports - he's not having blood sugar crashes in the middle of the night any more. I also make sure he goes to bed with a full belly, but that didn't really fix things before, it only moved his wake up time from midnight to 2am .
point me to a safe pancreatic support.... I also need some C apparently... I just finished rewriting the new supps schedule for DS, DD2 and me. Drat.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#14 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 PM

hmm. ok, so i need to get b6 into R. knew this but its being confirmed again.
crazy morning here.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#15 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:

too fast you guys.
change that from b6 to pancreatic support?

#16 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Kathy, not sure on a safe one. I'd try the one I pointed CS at (available in lamb, pork, and beef versions, so is one of those safe for each of your family?), and then a straight pancreatin support (I'll leave you to figure out which ones have no trace corn or anything, I suck at that, but iherb has several listed). Shannon, which pancreatic enzyme did you end up taking? I don't know about trace stuff in Yasko's, and her office probably won't know either, sorry.

#17 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM

To multiquote from another thread:
Go to the May thread and click on the multiquote button for each post you want to quote. Get back to the Allergies forum and go to the June thread. Click "Reply" then under the reply box it says "You have selected 6 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts."
Click on "Quote these posts" and they show up in the reply box

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#18 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I think I'm going to start a "guess at your genetics" thread, to talk about the Yasko stuff...
Sounds good _ I tried to join her forum a long time ago and never got approved.

Anyone else doing Pat's green smoothie challenge? I had been forcing myself to do green smoothies for a few weeks prior, but this has spurred me to keep it up. I stopped making them because I couldn't handle how sweet they were anymore, so I just started using tons more greens. Really making a difference in my energy. Helps that I can get a grocery bag stuffed full of organic spinach at the farmers market for $2 now.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#19 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
too fast you guys.
change that from b6 to pancreatic support?
B6 for short term, pancreatic support for longer term?

I started with enzymes from designs for health, and when those ran out, got super digestive enzymes (or something like that) from twin labs. I just ordered more, plus their straight pancreatin for dd.

The other weird thing about all this? I'm still out of b complex - 3 days without it so far, and only a piddly amount of b's from the prenatal I have on hand for emergencies (and I'm only doing one of the three/day) and NO MAJOR SYMPTOMS!!! By all rights, I should be in a completely awful state right now. I think I must be either digesting waaaaay better, or else my gut bugs are in much better shape. Suddenly food feels like it actually has nutrients in it instead of just being fuel! And I just ordered 6 bottles of b complex

#20 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
B6 for short term, pancreatic support for longer term?

I started with enzymes from designs for health, and when those ran out, got super digestive enzymes (or something like that) from twin labs. I just ordered more, plus their straight pancreatin for dd.

The other weird thing about all this? I'm still out of b complex - 3 days without it so far, and only a piddly amount of b's from the prenatal I have on hand for emergencies (and I'm only doing one of the three/day) and NO MAJOR SYMPTOMS!!! By all rights, I should be in a completely awful state right now. I think I must be either digesting waaaaay better, or else my gut bugs are in much better shape. Suddenly food feels like it actually has nutrients in it instead of just being fuel! And I just ordered 6 bottles of b complex
Here's hoping that's what I'm saying in a month or so, Shannon. I can't even begin to tell you how pilled out I am. DH came into the kitchen as I was taking my supps this morning, looks at my hands filled with pills and says "Ah, you're having your second breakfast."

#21 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I've been eating primal (no grains, starchy veg or sugars) for the past 2 weeks, and reading about paleo/primal eating and insulin control a lot. It's been a true revelation, putting a lot of pieces together.
I've been having some serious hungry/cranky bear episodes over here this week. But I've also been eating WAY too much sugar- I've gotten addicted to candied ginger.

Quote:
Kathy, not sure on a safe one. I'd try the one I pointed CS at (available in lamb, pork, and beef versions, so is one of those safe for each of your family?), and then a straight pancreatin support (I'll leave you to figure out which ones have no trace corn or anything, I suck at that, but iherb has several listed). Shannon, which pancreatic enzyme did you end up taking? I don't know about trace stuff in Yasko's, and her office probably won't know either, sorry.
Ok- what's the difference between the pancreatic enzymes and the pancreatin support?? The ones I'm ordering are enzymes, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Helps that I can get a grocery bag stuffed full of organic spinach at the farmers market for $2 now.
Whoa. I'm seriously jealous. I went to the first market of the season the other night and spent a huge amount of money on very little food.

Quote:
Just checked my blood sugar after breakfast. I was expecting in the 115-130 range. It was 99
Quote:

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#22 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Okay, I should go back to the last thread, hold on....

From mamafish9 from the last thread....
Quote:
Yasko uses three different things primarily for pancreatic support - her special enzyme blend, with lots of pancreatin. Then ground up pancreas - which I think is basically what the vitacost stuff would replace (it has pancreatic enzymes too, in the ground up pancreas, but likely lower concentrations - DS didn't have nearly the reaction to the ground up pancreas as he did to the enzymes). Then three, a list of supps to support the pancreas. Or you can cover off #2 and #3 in this compounded supp she puts together (linking to that so you can see the list of compounds she suggests - this is all related to a key mutation in the vitamin D receptor that impacts pancreatic function, and increases the need for vitamin D).

If you can take it, I'd start with an enzyme with straight up pancreatin for most direct impact on digestion - and then if that works, consider some broader pancreatic support on the theory that the pancreas does lots of things besides digesting, so general support is good if there is indicators of pancreatic weakness.

Best place to get an overview of her stuff is her Pathways to Recovery book, you can read most of it on google books.
Okay, so #1 above is a specific blend of digestive enzymes with lots of pancreatin ($20 = 17 days of an adult taking 2/meal, 6/day... most people start lower dosages, with kids it's a whole lot lower)

#2 is just ground up pancreas (some digestive enzymes in that, generally good/supportive for the pancreas?) (a product like this Nutricology pancreas supp is about $9/mo)

#3 is to help eventually not need #1 and #2?
(haven't looked at this list or costs yet at all)

Do I have that at all right?
#23 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM

just ordered a pancreatic enzyme and some allergy-c capsules. Just when I told DH to stop putting stuff on the credit card. oops. I have a killer headache along with the back pain today. Gee, think I have a metal problem floating around?

#24 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Looks about right, Tanya. FWIW, I've just done the enzymes, plus lots of greens (for the K) and lots of connective tissue/gelatin (for the glycine/serene). And am making Rosemary my new favorite herb. I think most of the benefit I'm seeing has to do with dumping my old gut bacteria more than anything else. I think it must have been eating my food/vitamins.

I'm debating bringing ds in to the doctors office for this round of bloody poop I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be helpful on the allergy/die off front, but they could confirm blood and check for any major stuff. And there'd be a record that I brought him in, for better or for worse.

#25 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM

"Not like FM is a real dx of what is wrong too.
I'll be thinking about you all day! Let us know what happens. "

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. FM is a diagnosis when they can't figure out what's wrong with you. Sheesh.

Well, my blood has never looked better. In fact, there was one marker, albumin, which he said is a good indicator of overall health, that was near the top of the range. So in that respect, blood looks good. In fact, my blood looks better now than it has in the past few years. My iron level is up (as indicated by ferritin) and my vit d level is up to 42 (was at 11) so on its way up.

However, he did some sort of antibody test for lupus. He said normally they see ratios of 1:250 or so. Mine was 1:1250 or so. So he said it was pretty high. Personally, he said he didn't think I had lupus, based on his other findings and my complaints and how I looked.

However, he did say he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have "pre-lupus" (or some other autoimmune disease) that just hadn't gotten to the full blown stage yet but he's not a rheumatologist so he's not an expert.

This is consistent with the doctor who sent me to him in the first place. He noted that although I have excellent cholesterol, that it has been going up for a few years and that rising good cholesterol is apparently an indicator of developing autoimmune disease. He had initially debated sending me to a hematologist or a rheumatologist. Guess he guessed wrong.

So, that's two strikes for me. Maybe we should start a pool as to which autoimmune disease I actually have. There's rheumatoid arthritis, MS and some other one that have been diagnosed in others in my family.

They took more blood, had me pee in a cup ( to check for kidney damage) and I now have a followup with a rheumatologist in 2.5 weeks.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#26 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 05:29 PM

On the FM issue, Carren...
Doesn't Lyme often present with FM type symptoms?

Just phoned my pharmacy for my rx... Apparently they're having issues with how my dr wrote the rx. If there are issues like last time, I swear SOMEbody's head is going to roll. Funny thing about it, I said to my dr when she was writing the rx the way she did "That's going to cause issues." She said "Oh, I'll make sure they understand." That was TWO WEEKS ago and, according to the pharmacy, they've been calling them ever since with no one calling back.

eta: There must be some SERIOUS tension with the planets right now or something.

#27 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:

chlobo, you said you didn't get any effect - which enzymes were you taking for a couple of days, and how much?

I have her special enzymes. I think I took them for a day & so did DD. My problem is this, I start taking something that might cause die off and then I freak out b/c DS is still nursing and we're trying to cure his adenoids & I don't want to screw them up further. So I stop taking them. So I think it wasn't a good trial. At least for me.

I need to wean. If only DS would cooperate and not make it heartwrenching for me.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#28 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
Sounds good _ I tried to join her forum a long time ago and never got approved.

Anyone else doing Pat's green smoothie challenge? I had been forcing myself to do green smoothies for a few weeks prior, but this has spurred me to keep it up. I stopped making them because I couldn't handle how sweet they were anymore, so I just started using tons more greens. Really making a difference in my energy. Helps that I can get a grocery bag stuffed full of organic spinach at the farmers market for $2 now.
Do you have a link? Didn't know she had a challenge going. I"ve been pretty good at drinking 16oz a day.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#29 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Probably. There are so many things that sound alike out there. However, he's not a lyme expert and all my lyme labs were negative or equivocal so he'll never admit I have lyme. I'm wondering if there is some kind of lyme-lupus connection

Just phoned my pharmacy for my rx... Apparently they're having issues with how my dr wrote the rx. If there are issues like last time, I swear SOMEbody's head is going to roll. Funny thing about it, I said to my dr when she was writing the rx the way she did "That's going to cause issues." She said "Oh, I'll make sure they understand." That was TWO WEEKS ago and, according to the pharmacy, they've been calling them ever since with no one calling back.

eta: There must be some SERIOUS tension with the planets right now or something.
Good lord. Can something go right please.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#30 of 873 Old 06-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
"Not like FM is a real dx of what is wrong too.
I'll be thinking about you all day! Let us know what happens. "

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. FM is a diagnosis when they can't figure out what's wrong with you. Sheesh.

Well, my blood has never looked better. In fact, there was one marker, albumin, which he said is a good indicator of overall health, that was near the top of the range. So in that respect, blood looks good. In fact, my blood looks better now than it has in the past few years. My iron level is up (as indicated by ferritin) and my vit d level is up to 42 (was at 11) so on its way up.

However, he did some sort of antibody test for lupus. He said normally they see ratios of 1:250 or so. Mine was 1:1250 or so. So he said it was pretty high. Personally, he said he didn't think I had lupus, based on his other findings and my complaints and how I looked.

However, he did say he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have "pre-lupus" (or some other autoimmune disease) that just hadn't gotten to the full blown stage yet but he's not a rheumatologist so he's not an expert.

This is consistent with the doctor who sent me to him in the first place. He noted that although I have excellent cholesterol, that it has been going up for a few years and that rising good cholesterol is apparently an indicator of developing autoimmune disease. He had initially debated sending me to a hematologist or a rheumatologist. Guess he guessed wrong.

What's his definition of excellent? Was it low like mine (138)? And DH? 142? Improving would correlate to improving adrenals, wouldn't it?

So, that's two strikes for me. Maybe we should start a pool as to which autoimmune disease I actually have. There's rheumatoid arthritis, MS and some other one that have been diagnosed in others in my family.

They took more blood, had me pee in a cup ( to check for kidney damage) and I now have a followup with a rheumatologist in 2.5 weeks.
for good results from somewhere...

Were you starting to take some herbs for lyme? Or am I remembering wrong? (yeah, I need the DHA.. or something)

Quote:

I thought a bunch of interrelated stuff showed up as fibro, I know it's a version of mercury toxicity, but given your copper and lead, that seems similar enough to be involved. And Carren, someone else you're seeing agrees lyme is a problem for you, right? A friend here was talking with me a bit, she's got lyme, and it sure seems like it can do the same as a few metals... and if you have both, well, ugh.

I keep trying to figure out the planets, it's all weird all summer, but it's a bit confusing for a beginner. I just hope, pray, nothing stressful or bad happens to DH.

As I read it--either it's a good time to use as an opportunity for growth, for springboarding into a better situation, or you can get b##tch slapped around a lot and we'll all be grateful for the autumn/winter). And I'm not sure how much control we have over which way it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I need to wean. If only DS would cooperate and not make it heartwrenching for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode