Anyone allergic to eggs and dairy tollerate duck eggs and sheeps milk? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2010, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I miss eggs as does my 3 yr dd. And I would really like the minerals and vitamins from the sheep milk for my dd. So for those that are allergic to eggs and dairy, can have duck eggs or sheep milk? Is this a waste of my time to try?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Are they IgE allergies or intolerances?

I have not tried duck eggs. I tried quail eggs with DS and he had a worse reaction (vomiting) than he normally does to chicken eggs (crying all day long).

For us, sheep, goat, and dairy all tested positive (intolerances). We tried water buffalo cheese and that failed as well. But you never know. I'd be more careful trying with an IgE allergy than an intolerance though.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

I determined eggs from food trials and dd gets eczema all over her legs from eggs. But... since it has been a while eating eggs, we may get eggs back altogether since I used to fry the eggs in butter and we realized that butter is seriously out.

I just feel sick to my stomach when I eat eggs. I heard that is a sulfur issue or something.

What kind of reaction does it have to be to be considered IgE?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It all just depends on the person. My son has severe reactions (intolerance or delayed allergic reactions) to dairy, but he does okay with RAW goat's milk on a rotational basis. The goat's are also grass fed (no grain) which makes a big difference for him since he also reacts to corn or corn fed animals.

It's worth a try, in my opinion!!

User Tag List