Juicy July Chat in the Allergy Forum - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KJ - she sometimes eats rice. But we go long periods of time where we don't eat rice. Actually, last night was probably the first time in 3 or 4 weeks.

At some point I fear that I am going to have to go to some extreme elimination diet and slowly introduce foods again. But I am flumoxed about this because of the neocate. But if corn is an issue - and we think it is - than the neocate wouldn't have really helped either.

I guess that is the problem - I don't know how to proceed in a way to clearly figure out what foods she has an intolerance to and which ones are okay.

Karen
#122 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Can you remind me how old Scout is, Karen?
Would it be possible (since I think you're not nursing?) to put HER on a ED? I mean, let's be frank- she's not eating much right now, is she?
The other option, if you would consider it, is to put her on a strict 4 day rotation diet. Both options, of course, require DH and other care providers be "on board" as well as food journaling.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#123 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Mmmm.... brownies. I just made the chocolate version of the buckwheat waffles this morning (per DS's request, after the kitchen was finally put back together).

I am grilling chicken and have corn on the cob, but what else should I make? I made potato salad sat (5 lbs!) and it's gone, so not doing that...maybe a pasta salad?
What about JR's 4-bean salad? I just made some for the neighborhood potluck on Sunday. Yum.

Whine Alert:
So went to the doctor on Friday. Got done 4:30pm. She said I needed to schedule a pre-op physical with my regular doctor before the outpatient surgery next week. So I called yesterday, of course they were closed for the holiday. I called today, and the appointments lady is yelling at me because it's supposed to be made 2 weeks in advance of the surgery to allow time for bloodwork to come back (and an EKG they said - what?). Like it's my fault that the surgeon wants to do it so soon. So I'm driving the 3 hours home tonight for a 6pm appt, then back again. DH says while I'm home to grab a couple more fans. And it's 100F here and I just want to lay in the lake. I rarely get in the water before August and it has to be really hot for me to get into my bathing suit, since it gives me back spasms, but yesterday I went in the lake 3 times!!

So I just threw a pork roast in the slow cooker (new recipe, no measurements) for the family to eat tonight while I'm gone. And told DH to make some frozen lima beans to go with it. And left a list of safe snacks for the kids. I don't know what I'm going to eat while traveling. I'm also getting ready to send the 2 older kids to Granny Camp on Sunday, so I made a double batch of the waffles this morning so I could freeze some to go with him. And MIL requested 2 loaves of bread for him, so I have to bake those this week too. Got to love baking when it's 100F out. And DD2 will want some of the bread, so I guess I have to make 3 loaves, and I only have 2 loaf pans. Gah. Whine, whine, whine.[/QUOTE]

Hugs Kathy. Sorry the doctors are being such pains. Are they going to remove the lump even though its benign? I feel like I missed the answer to this question.

And I hear you on the heat. We are at a lake in NH. The first two nights I had some meals frozen. Tonight I have to cook. Yuck. It is sooooo hot out. You and I should schedule a spa date at the spa in the Berkshires.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#124 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyscoutmom View Post
KJ - she sometimes eats rice. But we go long periods of time where we don't eat rice. Actually, last night was probably the first time in 3 or 4 weeks.

At some point I fear that I am going to have to go to some extreme elimination diet and slowly introduce foods again. But I am flumoxed about this because of the neocate. But if corn is an issue - and we think it is - than the neocate wouldn't have really helped either.

I guess that is the problem - I don't know how to proceed in a way to clearly figure out what foods she has an intolerance to and which ones are okay.

Karen
I feel fluxomed most days. I just can't figure out what going on. And I was just looking at an old photo album from when DS was a yyear and younger. He was chubby then. His face was so round. Now its so angular.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#125 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 PM

to everyone that needs them.
And, Kathy, if you didn't whine occasionally, it might be difficult to remember that you're human. Or something like that.
Went to bed "early" (11pm) got up semi-late (7am). Still exhausted. And looking at that makes me realize just how little sleep I normally run on. Oh well. Who, at the end of life, says "I wish I'd slept more"?

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#126 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Which raw pudding was it? Love to try.
It was in a recent issue of Mothering mag, there was an article about raw foods. I'll just give you the ingredients, so I'm not breaking copyright rules:
1 avocado, 1/2 banana (I used a whole one, but it turned out pretty sweet and banana-y; next time I'll start with 1/2), 1/4c cocoa, 1/4 honey, 1T coconut oil (I used olive); food processor.

Quote:
Hugs Kathy. Sorry the doctors are being such pains. Are they going to remove the lump even though its benign? I feel like I missed the answer to this question.
I think I missed that too! Is that what the surgery is for? Hope it all goes smoothly.

I'm cleaning and cooking and doing laundry like mad before our heat wave starts (supposed to be upper 80's all week, which I know isn't that hot, but when you go from 50's to 80's almost overnight it can be pretty unbearable!)

So I had a serious moment last night. Right around the time (beginning of this year, I think) that I suddenly gained 15 pounds and my crazy fatigue started, was about the time that DD was losing weight for the first time ever. And the time that we did all her testing which showed the elevated oxalates and all that stuff. I didn't put it all together until yesterday (when I was putting all her blood tests results into a spreadsheet, 'cause I'm a nerd like that ) and saw that her WBC were a little elevated at that time as well. They weren't out of the normal range, but they were higher than they'd ever been before or since then. Strange. And since then, my fatigue has slightly improved and DD has gained a bunch of weight, and her oxalates are back in the normal range. So higher WBC makes me think infection, right? But what kind of infection would cause me to be fatigued and gain weight, and pass through breastmilk, and raise DD's WBC and her oxalate levels? I still need to dig through old food journals and see if I can spot anything that stands out, but I thought it was interesting.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#127 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM

Is that 1/4 CUP honey, CS?! Holy tamales!! I find that to be a lot of honey too (and I consider myself to have an exceptional sweet tooth)! I'd probably use half of that. Of course, I'd probably use half the cocoa too so...

#128 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Is that 1/4 CUP honey, CS?! Holy tamales!! I find that to be a lot of honey too (and I consider myself to have an exceptional sweet tooth)! I'd probably use half of that. Of course, I'd probably use half the cocoa too so...
Yep! And along with using more banana than called for, it was CRAZY sweet. DP thought it was perfect though- tasted just like regular pudding. Definitely do not use less cocoa- it was really nice and chocolaty. I'm going to make it again this afternoon with 2 big avocados and 1 big banana. I'll start with 1/4c honey for that double recipe and go from there.

OH- I think the recipe called for vanilla too Carren- I forgot about that. Maybe 1T?

#129 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM

Oh yeah- and me and Tanya are (tentatively) going to the zoo tomorrow!

And the water/sand table is coming along nicely. It's turning into a longer project (as my projects always do!) because I keep making changes to my design as I'm building. But I think it's going to turn out really nice. I'm just torn now on what to do to finish it. I was originally thinking of getting some bright, primary colors and painting it all up. But the top(sides) of the table are a really nice piece of cedar, and it seems a shame to cover that up. But... it's going to be outside on the (covered, but leaky) back porch as well as having water in it, so it definitely needs something. Votes? Paint or stain or just a clear finish??

#130 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 04:54 PM

I vote clear finish but I wood... The hazards of being a woodworker's daughter. Lumber stores make me miss my dad. (where's the bitter-sweet smiley?)

#131 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Yeah, it really is a gorgeous piece of wood. At least the top is... the legs are just regular 2'x4's, not so exciting. But on the other hand, I was really looking forward to painting some cool design on the table. Such a hard decision. I'll post pics when I have it all put together.

#132 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah, it really is a gorgeous piece of wood. At least the top is... the legs are just regular 2'x4's, not so exciting. But on the other hand, I was really looking forward to painting some cool design on the table. Such a hard decision. I'll post pics when I have it all put together.
Paint a design and then clear coat it?

#133 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
It was in a recent issue of Mothering mag, there was an article about raw foods. I'll just give you the ingredients, so I'm not breaking copyright rules:
1 avocado, 1/2 banana (I used a whole one, but it turned out pretty sweet and banana-y; next time I'll start with 1/2), 1/4c cocoa, 1/4 honey, 1T coconut oil (I used olive); food processor.
THAT'S the recipe? My friend (I almost wrote "here in Houston" when I'm on Camano Island right now), but my friend in my homeschooling group wrote that article. I have horrible luck with actually _receiving_ Mothering magazine, so I haven't seen it, but Jen told me about it. So cool!

Quote:
Oh yeah- and me and Tanya are (tentatively) going to the zoo tomorrow!
I just emailed about my zoo-warm weather-parking wimpiness, so I'm really hoping that a park is okay. Any place, I'm figuring, if the kids are all happy, we can play a good chunk of the day.
#134 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 PM

Have fun Tanya and CS!

Just got the samples today Tanya - thanks so much. I am too hot to try it on the boys. and my youngest is much too cranky.

Carren - have an appointment with your craniopath on Friday. Sounds like he has a lot of patients with my oldest's issues so good to know this might be old hat for him. fingers crossed. He is going to contact our insurance and see if they will pay. But DH and I agreed that it will be cheaper to do this than have braces, which he will clearly need if we don't do something.

I am so miserably hot that I am a little embarrassed by how cranky I am.

Kathy - your lake house sounds so wonderful. I really wish that we had something like that.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#135 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Yep! And along with using more banana than called for, it was CRAZY sweet. DP thought it was perfect though- tasted just like regular pudding. Definitely do not use less cocoa- it was really nice and chocolaty. I'm going to make it again this afternoon with 2 big avocados and 1 big banana. I'll start with 1/4c honey for that double recipe and go from there.

OH- I think the recipe called for vanilla too Carren- I forgot about that. Maybe 1T?
I made recipe a few months ago from a blogger I was following. I'll have to try to remember where I put the recipe because I don't remember so much honey but ya it tasted just like chocolate pudding YUM!
#136 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM

Tanya or Whome or both If I'm lucky JR said you guys would know

My new HCP recommend I take glycine for blood sugar issues. JR explained a little about to me but I'm curious what you ladies know about it? Is it usually recommended for blood sugar issues?
#137 of 580 Old 07-06-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Paint a design and then clear coat it?
This is why I love you. You're a genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
THAT'S the recipe? My friend (I almost wrote "here in Houston" when I'm on Camano Island right now), but my friend in my homeschooling group wrote that article. I have horrible luck with actually _receiving_ Mothering magazine, so I haven't seen it, but Jen told me about it. So cool!

I just emailed about my zoo-warm weather-parking wimpiness, so I'm really hoping that a park is okay. Any place, I'm figuring, if the kids are all happy, we can play a good chunk of the day.
That's really funny! I made some more of the pudding today, and used less honey and it tastes just as sweet to me. Maybe it could use less cocoa... maybe it's just too rich for me. (Not that I'm complaining- it's delicious! I just can't eat as much in one sitting as I want to. )

lol- I emailed you back, but I'm thinking that anywhere outdoors with children tomorrow is going to be crazy parking (and just crazy in general!), since we have a heat wave (for Seattle) coming.

#138 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 01:24 AM

mmmmm... just finishing off the batch of molasses cookies (leftover dough from last night.)

Ack. And now I totally forgot what I came here to post.

#139 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 AM

CS, emailed back, the zoo sounds good. It's well-shaded IIRC, should be lots of fun. To bed with me very, very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
Tanya or Whome or both If I'm lucky JR said you guys would know

My new HCP recommend I take glycine for blood sugar issues. JR explained a little about to me but I'm curious what you ladies know about it? Is it usually recommended for blood sugar issues?
I don't know a lot about glycine. How much is your HCP suggesting? Some people use it in lower dosages as liver support (I think it's liver support), I am using higher doses, 1000 mg at a time, multiple times a day, and it's inducing a lot of detox in me. I don't understand why, though--Cutler says it's not supposed to (maybe the dosage is the bigger factor there)--it seems to be an amino acid conjugation thing (for detox stuff) though why supplementing gets additional stuff mobilized, well, I don't get that. It's supposed to be a very simple amino acid, very basic, which makes me confused about how I got messed up wrt it. I don't remember stuff about blood sugar and glycine, but blood sugar isn't one of my big things--at least I'm only slowly, gradually addressing it in DH, and in mostly roundabout ways. So I'm not very efficient at it.

Less than helpful, I know. Betcha Shannon knows more.
#140 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
CS, emailed back, the zoo sounds good. It's well-shaded IIRC, should be lots of fun. To bed with me very, very soon!

I don't know a lot about glycine. How much is your HCP suggesting? Some people use it in lower dosages as liver support (I think it's liver support), I am using higher doses, 1000 mg at a time, multiple times a day, and it's inducing a lot of detox in me. I don't understand why, though--Cutler says it's not supposed to (maybe the dosage is the bigger factor there)--it seems to be an amino acid conjugation thing (for detox stuff) though why supplementing gets additional stuff mobilized, well, I don't get that. It's supposed to be a very simple amino acid, very basic, which makes me confused about how I got messed up wrt it. I don't remember stuff about blood sugar and glycine, but blood sugar isn't one of my big things--at least I'm only slowly, gradually addressing it in DH, and in mostly roundabout ways. So I'm not very efficient at it.

Less than helpful, I know. Betcha Shannon knows more.
Glycine is used in synthesis of serine (as well as AMP synthesis). Serine helps to detox insecticides as well as activating certain glutamate receptors (which additionally require more glycine).
Does any of that give you a piece of your puzzle? (Just a quick little Google synopsis.)

#141 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Glycine is used in synthesis of serine (as well as AMP synthesis). Serine helps to detox insecticides as well as activating certain glutamate receptors (which additionally require more glycine).
Does any of that give you a piece of your puzzle? (Just a quick little Google synopsis.)
That tells me more about serine than I knew before, and it figures I could've been low since folate's involved in that glycine <--> serine interaction, but it's still just so odd. How I could've been low in glycine to begin with, consuming a reasonable amount and without digestive symptoms (yeah yeah, like we've all learned, weird digestion can happen in the absence of weird digestive symptoms), but it's still just so strange. I don't think I've been exposed to more insecticides than the average American. And I haven't seen symptoms in either of the kids (yet) of glutamate sensitivity, and I never noticed a sensitivity to dietary glutamate, even MSG. I need a big 2x4 to hit me over the head.

It's sorta worrisome--I _thought_ I understood most of my issues, things were much improved (and surely they are), but I wanted to stop anything that was detox-related by Halloween/Thanksgiving and just work on nutrients/good food choices and go from there. But if glycine supplementation is doing so much--that's a basic amino acid. Maybe it IS the reason for my lack of lunulae (I always discounted the lack of protein explanation, teach me to make assumptions). And I have supplemented vitamin A for a while, at least I shouldn't be dead low (just vitA capsules, not CLO) and no change in lunulae. Thumbs only and my left thumb's is still slightly smaller than the right's.
#142 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 AM

I just got sidetracked from catching up on chat by this crazy urge to make chocolate pudding... I used one avocado, half a big banana, didn't measure the cocoa, HVBO instead of CO, and just a drizzle of honey. Perfect for me, dd said it 'tickled' and didn't want any, and dh said it could use more sweet. I ate it all . Between the high potassium and the vitamin K, I think this'll become my regular prize for eating my liver (the vit A seemsto up my need for water, potassium and K)

I don't remember a glycine/blood sugar connection, but would be interested! My memory is kinda shot lately, though.

Dd's having another sensory reaction. So weird to watch and be able to identify it. No clue what the trigger was though, there are too many possibilities

I've been having trouble sleeping for a few nights, and last night it was getting worse. I got up and made a concoction of emergenC, extra vit C, clay and grapeseed extract, and once again it killed the reaction and put me in a good mood, plus gave me wild dreams for the rest of the night. Grapeseed alone on a non-reaction day doesn't seem to do anything. I'll have to play with the C and clay. Or maybe it needs to be the combo?

Did I mention my sister is engaged? She's always been interested in my nutrition stuff, but now that she's really thinking about the future, she's askng about nutrition stuff for herself to prep for kids in 4ish years. My first 'client'

and anyone know anything about pinguiculas? I think I spelled that right... My mom says I got them from the pool when I was two, and that the dry/bloodshot spot on my eye right now looks like the same thing...

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#143 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 AM

There was something about glycine making DMSA more effective somehow? I really don't know...

And I want to work on a list of glutamate symptoms. Something in the glutamate thread was making me thing that might be the explanation for why b12 was helping with your ds's sun/calcium symptoms, Tanya. What symptoms are you looking at when you say you don't see glutamate stuff in them?

#144 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
That tells me more about serine than I knew before, and it figures I could've been low since folate's involved in that glycine <--> serine interaction, but it's still just so odd. How I could've been low in glycine to begin with, consuming a reasonable amount and without digestive symptoms (yeah yeah, like we've all learned, weird digestion can happen in the absence of weird digestive symptoms), but it's still just so strange. I don't think I've been exposed to more insecticides than the average American. And I haven't seen symptoms in either of the kids (yet) of glutamate sensitivity, and I never noticed a sensitivity to dietary glutamate, even MSG. I need a big 2x4 to hit me over the head.

It's sorta worrisome--I _thought_ I understood most of my issues, things were much improved (and surely they are), but I wanted to stop anything that was detox-related by Halloween/Thanksgiving and just work on nutrients/good food choices and go from there. But if glycine supplementation is doing so much--that's a basic amino acid. Maybe it IS the reason for my lack of lunulae (I always discounted the lack of protein explanation, teach me to make assumptions). And I have supplemented vitamin A for a while, at least I shouldn't be dead low (just vitA capsules, not CLO) and no change in lunulae. Thumbs only and my left thumb's is still slightly smaller than the right's.
I really think you guys are over-looking the purines again.
Re: cyclic AMP (cAMP) from Wiki:
Quote:
cAMP is a second messenger, used for intracellular signal transduction, such as transferring the effects of hormones like glucagon and adrenaline, which cannot pass through the cell membrane. It is involved in the activation of protein kinases and regulates the effects of adrenaline and glucagon. It also regulates the passage of Ca2+ through ion channels.
Bolding mine.

eta: Speaking of overlooking purines... re: the blood sugar connection (wiki again):
Quote:
cAMP and its associated kinases function in several biochemical processes, including the regulation of glycogen, sugar, and lipid metabolism.

#145 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 AM

But what can we DO about the purines?

my memory for all this stuff is quickly fading. Mommy brain? Or me healing and becoming more like a normal person? Or just lack of time/brain power to devote?

I think the light of the iPod is keeping ds from detaching, and s long as he's attached, I'm using that as an excuse to stay up and chat. I think I should just go to sleep...

#146 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
But what can we DO about the purines?

my memory for all this stuff is quickly fading. Mommy brain? Or me healing and becoming more like a normal person? Or just lack of time/brain power to devote?

I think the light of the iPod is keeping ds from detaching, and s long as he's attached, I'm using that as an excuse to stay up and chat. I think I should just go to sleep...
The only thing I've found is "blasting" them with the required nutrients in order to amp up their production (no pun intended).
Yeah, I feel that.
Been there. Done that. Sleep well!

#147 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 AM

I'm behind on this thread again. I'll try and get caught up later today though but I wanted to post an update.

After pulling the boys off of everything they reacted to moderately-very high on the IgG testing we had done we've noticed some changes.

Frog is sleeping much better. His previous pattern was to be up crying at night and demanding food but then not eating it and crying more, but not nursing. And that could go on for an hour or more at a time. Now he is waking up once per night, sometimes not even that, and nursing back to sleep or just asking for water (and it's really really hot here so I'm not surprised he needs a drink in the night). Despite that he is staying dry all night I've noticed. That wasn't something we were trying for, but we leave him in a fitted diaper only at night, no cover and so it's really easy for me to notice.

Toad has some work still. His poops are better. He is sleeping totally through the night (which usually he would before, but some nights he'd wake up in pain, he's not doing that anymore). We have noticed that he is having stronger reactions to something though. Twice he got something (probably something that was on the list of foods he shouldn't have) from my Mom that made him come back and tell us the whole next day that his belly was on fire, and it felt like he got gluten. (I don't know if it was gluten, but he had such terrible digestive reactions to gluten for so long that he remembers that being the culprit).

Mostly it's behavior with him though. Despite getting lots of sleep and eating good foods he cries at the drop of a hat (in anger/frustration), is chronically frustrated by us, and is agressive. I wish I knew what to do differently. It's not that I expected food to cure him, but I do feel like there is probably more I could be doing to help him but don't know where to start. We tried GABA supps and they made him off the wall completely.

So that's where we are at today. I feel like with Frog I could probably start adding foods back in, but I don't want to mess with anything... he's doing so well.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#148 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:

I do:
1 avo
1 banana
2 T cocoa
1 T honey
1/4-1/3 c. coconut milk
1/2-3/4 c. nettles infusion
splash of vanilla, pinch of salt

And freeze for fudgesicles!

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#149 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM

great to hear Alison!
I would try grade seed extract instead of the GABA and see if that helps.

I just energy tested some supps and the GABA that I've seen great results with was a moderate yes but the GSE was a huge yes. Will be ordering those, plus quite a few more.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#150 of 580 Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
After pulling the boys off of everything they reacted to moderately-very high on the IgG testing we had done we've noticed some changes.

Toad has some work still. His poops are better. He is sleeping totally through the night (which usually he would before, but some nights he'd wake up in pain, he's not doing that anymore). We have noticed that he is having stronger reactions to something though. Twice he got something (probably something that was on the list of foods he shouldn't have) from my Mom that made him come back and tell us the whole next day that his belly was on fire, and it felt like he got gluten. (I don't know if it was gluten, but he had such terrible digestive reactions to gluten for so long that he remembers that being the culprit).

Mostly it's behavior with him though. Despite getting lots of sleep and eating good foods he cries at the drop of a hat (in anger/frustration), is chronically frustrated by us, and is agressive. I wish I knew what to do differently. It's not that I expected food to cure him, but I do feel like there is probably more I could be doing to help him but don't know where to start. We tried GABA supps and they made him off the wall completely.

So that's where we are at today. I feel like with Frog I could probably start adding foods back in, but I don't want to mess with anything... he's doing so well.
For Toad, have you tried taking out the milds too? For us, some of the milds were still culprit enough to have to remove them completely. And some of the other mild ones became "moderate" if they had a lot that day. Just a thought. And are you keeping food journals for them?

Quote:

And I hear you on the heat. We are at a lake in NH. The first two nights I had some meals frozen. Tonight I have to cook. Yuck. It is sooooo hot out. You and I should schedule a spa date at the spa in the Berkshires.
They didn't necessarily say it was benign. They said they didn't find a malignancy. But there were words like lesion and scar in there, so they want to take it out and biopsy the whole thing. They said it's general anesthesia and everything. Outpatient surgery. And they'll feed me crackers and juice in the recovery room (so I'll bring my own). And then I have to stay home for 24 hours, then we can go back to the lake. Here is the pathologist report: "complex sclerosing lesion with radial scar, sclerosing adenosis and florid ductal hyperplasia, pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia. No evidence of atypical hyperplasia or malignancy." Some of the things I've found online said it gives me an increased chance of getting breast cancer, some say they grow back, etc. I'm trying to find out if any of them CAN be cancer, or hide cancer. The surgeon said I'd have limited use of my right arm for a little while, so I guess DH is doing the cooking.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page