Juicy July Chat in the Allergy Forum - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's great that you got a day to rest!

No sunscreen reactions, if you can believe it! She is a little pink today on her shoulders, but we went to a new park this morning and stayed out (with no sunscreen) for about an hour. Then we went to visit some friends... and tomorrow we're going back to the zoo with some other friends, then having dinner, then coming home and going to the outdoor theater by our library. I think I'm going to do a whole lot of nothing this weekend!! Except maybe finish building DD's sand table.

Ooh- I picked my first tomato today! My plants aren't doing great... we had a whole lot of soggy weather for long time, so they're growing but no fruit yet because a lot of the blossoms rotted off. Except one plant had 3 tiny tomatoes when I bought it, and that was the one I picked from this morning. I think it was a Sun Gold cherry tomato, and it was DELISH. I went back to the nursery and bought one last plant today, because they're all on sale (it was $2 for a HUGE plant with tons of tomatoes on it!), so now my garden is packed full.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 AM

Smiles for happy spirits and good news and making progress (Tanya, let me know if you happen to end up driving down through CA!)

The reaction is dying down over here, and dd's still in pretty good spirits. Not so much this morning, but then my mom and sister came over to spend the day. Sis played with dd all day, which dd LOVED, my mom and I worked on the kitchen and made a tiny bit of progress. It's still way too small to be practical these days, but now there's better counter space, I'm attempting to revive my water kefir grains, and I have more raisin chutney fermenting. That stuff is And most of the dishes are done I seriously want to go back to the days of generations living together. It just feels so *right* to have extra helping hands around. Then we ended the day with an impromptu dance party followed by the farmers market.

allergies... So elimination diets don't seem to work for us. They don't get us to baseline, they create deficiencies, they stress dh out, we never get to trial anything. I'm thinking about a whole different way of doing things. I want to lay out everything I'm working on right now, and do a month of all that, then reassess. So for now, that's eating tons of liver, potassium, water, probiotics, hvbo, etc. Plus introducing pine nut oil for the CCK effects, and trialing kefir, since we've already ordered a quart a week for all of July. I feel like I keep trying to do something like this, but either it hasn't left my head or I haven't had time to work out the details or who knows what. it happens this time!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 AM

dp's suck sometimes.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM

JR

Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
No sunscreen reactions, if you can believe it! She is a little pink today on her shoulders, but we went to a new park this morning and stayed out (with no sunscreen) for about an hour.

Ooh- I picked my first tomato today! My plants aren't doing great... we had a whole lot of soggy weather for long time, so they're growing but no fruit yet because a lot of the blossoms rotted off. Except one plant had 3 tiny tomatoes when I bought it, and that was the one I picked from this morning. I think it was a Sun Gold cherry tomato, and it was DELISH. I went back to the nursery and bought one last plant today, because they're all on sale (it was $2 for a HUGE plant with tons of tomatoes on it!), so now my garden is packed full.
You have tomatoes already? I'm jealous!! I've got lots of green ones. My lettuce is going wild.

I have bubbly itchy things on my upper arms and I'm trying to figure out if it was the sunscreen (or the 3 abx I'm on). It's been in the 90s and really hazy so I've been using sunscreen, normally 15. And most sunscreens give me a headache with the scents. So I was putting the 30 on that I used last summer (Hawaiian Tropic) and put it on my arms then on my face. My face felt like it was burning, so I washed it off with Dawn, hoping to get it to come off, and it felt better. But I left it on my arms. Then in the afternoon I started getting the bubbles. Just a few, then spreading. At first I thought poison ivy, but if it was that, I would have had it all over by now and it would be itchier. This is tolerable. So if it is the sunscreen I'm in trouble, because there's none left I can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post

dp's suck sometimes.
Hugs. Sometimes they're really great too. Unfortunately it takes both rain and sun to make the rainbow and all that.

Quote:
The NAET guy finally called me back- he left a message on my cell yesterday just after it died, so I got the message today. Said he was sorry about the snafu (I have absolutely NO idea how to spell that), and that he would give us a complimentary session. woo hoo! So now I just have to get ahold of him to actually schedule it... hopefully we can get in early next week.
That's the right spelling. Just remember what it stands for to help spell it!!

That's great that you get a free one!

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
You have tomatoes already? I'm jealous!! I've got lots of green ones. My lettuce is going wild.

I have bubbly itchy things on my upper arms and I'm trying to figure out if it was the sunscreen (or the 3 abx I'm on). It's been in the 90s and really hazy so I've been using sunscreen, normally 15. And most sunscreens give me a headache with the scents. So I was putting the 30 on that I used last summer (Hawaiian Tropic) and put it on my arms then on my face. My face felt like it was burning, so I washed it off with Dawn, hoping to get it to come off, and it felt better. But I left it on my arms. Then in the afternoon I started getting the bubbles. Just a few, then spreading. At first I thought poison ivy, but if it was that, I would have had it all over by now and it would be itchier. This is tolerable. So if it is the sunscreen I'm in trouble, because there's none left I can use.

Hugs. Sometimes they're really great too. Unfortunately it takes both rain and sun to make the rainbow and all that.

That's the right spelling. Just remember what it stands for to help spell it!!

That's great that you get a free one!
that sounds like no fun at all. I'm sorry, Kathy.
Yes, he can be really great. I just hate how reclusive he is a lot of the time. Of course, it's also hard for me to remember that he actually gets/has to see people all day long while I see 4 walls and 3 kids (and the backyard). Not that I don't love my kids, but I think you all know what I mean. I might require a little more semi-alone time if I were in his position.

I had to go and look it up: snafu- situation normal, all fouled up. I'd never heard that before!
And yay for a free session!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 PM

I had no idea that snafu stood for something either.

Quote:
Hahaha- yeah. Just that one. And only because it was full grown (just not ripe) when I bought it from the nursery. But after this heat wave the past couple days, things are really taking off! I actually have some tomatoes on a couple more plants as of this morning.

That sucks about the sunscreen. I was soooo nervous (ask Tanya ) about putting sunscreen on DD the other day at the zoo. But we had been there for almost 5 hours at that point, and she was starting to get a little pink. Luckily, it seems to be ok for her (so far.) I found one that was in an olive oil base rather than coconut.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Sorry about the bubbly skin. Most sunscreens hurt my face also, but seem to be ok on other parts.

JR- hugs. having some issues with my DH. He is really struggling with depression right now, but didn't verbalize it, so it went under my radar. BIg blow up happened right before camping. I got on the ball and started doing energy work and appropriate supplements,besides his multi and mag. Yesterday I asked him how he was feeling. He said the cloud seemed to have lifted and sometimes it just goes away on its own. I got kind of like that and kind of forced him to recognize the work I had done. He clearly doesn't fully understand/respect all of the work I'm doing.

Had an awesome 1st craniopath appointment today. I have high high hopes and will getting Max in there soon. He seems to be one of those providers who get it, and he recommended some homeopathic things that should help with the allergies - those desensitization kind. Maybe he muscle tests, but I will pendulum test them at the office when the time comes.
Plus, insurance is paying for the first 12 visits!!!! Will write more later.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Yay m2s!!

Speaking of... I need to make a CST appt for DD!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
Sorry about the bubbly skin. Most sunscreens hurt my face also, but seem to be ok on other parts.

JR- hugs. having some issues with my DH. He is really struggling with depression right now, but didn't verbalize it, so it went under my radar. BIg blow up happened right before camping. I got on the ball and started doing energy work and appropriate supplements,besides his multi and mag. Yesterday I asked him how he was feeling. He said the cloud seemed to have lifted and sometimes it just goes away on its own. I got kind of like that and kind of forced him to recognize the work I had done. He clearly doesn't fully understand/respect all of the work I'm doing.

Had an awesome 1st craniopath appointment today. I have high high hopes and will getting Max in there soon. He seems to be one of those providers who get it, and he recommended some homeopathic things that should help with the allergies - those desensitization kind. Maybe he muscle tests, but I will pendulum test them at the office when the time comes.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that there's a depressive aspect to it for my DH as well. Thing is, I know that he won't take more than 2 maybe 3 pills at MOST, so I would end up having to make specialized supps for him. Even when he was supposed to be taking Co-Q10 daily and vitamin D 2x's/week, he wasn't consistent and it was kind of a pain to try to get him to take them.

Yay for insurance paying for something!

What brand is it, CS? DS2 has terrible poops the last little while and the only thing I can attribute it to is the sunscreen. He still puts his fingers in his mouth a lot. (I know, I know. Zinc!)

Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
What brand is it, CS? DS2 has terrible poops the last little while and the only thing I can attribute it to is the sunscreen. He still puts his fingers in his mouth a lot. (I know, I know. Zinc!)
The brand is Elemental Herbs, and it's the kids20 sunscreen. It has vitamin E, which I'm assuming is soy, and shea butter (possible issue with nut allergies), but otherwise the ingredients are great! eta: Only downside is that it was like $17.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post

Oh do tell more. Is it my craniopath?

ETA: If it was my guy, how did you get them to take insurance? He does do muscle testing for the allergies. We are hoping to do that with Adam after our vacation so getting it on the books in the next week or two.

He seems very competent, doesn't he? A couple of weeks back there was another chiro "shadowing" him - from the West Coast.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Danni--um, what's the plan for when kiddo makes his/her debut? Is that 2-hour travel time going to be an issue?
It wasn't last time. She's amazing. We had a home visit scheduled for a thurs. and she called and said she felt like she ought to come Wed instead. So she did, the appt was great. She went to visit for a bit with her dd before heading back and was feeling like she ought to stay...I happen to be friends with her dd and stopped by to borrow something, not knowing MW was still there around dinnertime. She said she was waiting for an answer. My then 4 yr old ds called out to her, "Bye, S! See you in the morning!" and she said that was her answer. She stayed, I went into labor at 2:30 am and had dd at 6:50 am. We're basically looking at a repeat. She can still make it travelling in that time frame and if she misses it, we're prepared for that too. We just knew she was the right one for this LO too. I'll let you know how it goes.
Don't forget, DD1 was born in our truck (dh caught her) on an off ramp of I-10, so we think being home is way better than travelling, lol. (And I refuse to schedule a birth at our local hospital!)

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Old 07-09-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
It wasn't last time. She's amazing. We had a home visit scheduled for a thurs. and she called and said she felt like she ought to come Wed instead. So she did, the appt was great. She went to visit for a bit with her dd before heading back and was feeling like she ought to stay...I happen to be friends with her dd and stopped by to borrow something, not knowing MW was still there around dinnertime. She said she was waiting for an answer. My then 4 yr old ds called out to her, "Bye, S! See you in the morning!" and she said that was her answer. She stayed, I went into labor at 2:30 am and had dd at 6:50 am. We're basically looking at a repeat. She can still make it travelling in that time frame and if she misses it, we're prepared for that too. We just knew she was the right one for this LO too. I'll let you know how it goes.
Don't forget, DD1 was born in our truck (dh caught her) on an off ramp of I-10, so we think being home is way better than travelling, lol. (And I refuse to schedule a birth at our local hospital!)
WHOA. What a cool story, and how amazing that you have a care provider that is that in tune with you!! And wow to the second story too!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Thanks! It was a journey to get from wanting a natural hospital birth with my first preg--no way would I *EVER* homebirth-- (miscarriage--horrid) to deciding on FSBC with first two kiddos, having dd1 en route and then realizing HB really is the way to go (for us)...lol.

It is super humid here right now. It's 98 degrees out and 84 degrees in my house because evap doesn't work in humidity. I'm going swimming at IL's this afternoon to get out of it. I wonder how long the monsoon season lasts?

typos likely

Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM

It's not quite as hot here (yet) today, but almost as miserable. We, like many Seattle-ites, have no cooling system in our house, since we usually only get one or two of these days a year. We gotta do something though.... this is miserable. At the very least we're going to put some solar attic fans in and maybe a couple vents/fans on the sides of the attic to move the hot air out.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I had to go and look it up: snafu- situation normal, all fouled up. I'd never heard that before!
actually the f stands for something else. It's a military term. DH was in the navy.

So now I have a feverish G (102F) only saying she's hot, nothing else. But she wants to lay on top of me and it's 90F and humid here. I'm making baked ham, roasted potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, and salad. And DD1 is complaining that she wants to make ravioli because she doesn't like any of it. I've got BIL and his wife here and my aunt. And a sick kid. And I don't want to make an extra meal. Am I mean? I feel like I'm mean. But we're having spaghetti tomorrow, so I figured I could do the ravioli at the same time, and everyone could have the same sauce etc.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
actually the f stands for something else. It's a military term. DH was in the navy.

So now I have a feverish G (102F) only saying she's hot, nothing else. But she wants to lay on top of me and it's 90F and humid here. I'm making baked ham, roasted potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, and salad. And DD1 is complaining that she wants to make ravioli because she doesn't like any of it. I've got BIL and his wife here and my aunt. And a sick kid. And I don't want to make an extra meal. Am I mean? I feel like I'm mean. But we're having spaghetti tomorrow, so I figured I could do the ravioli at the same time, and everyone could have the same sauce etc.
Goodness Kathy. YOU ARE NOT MEAN. Kids need to learn that sometimes they have to suck it up. You can't be short order cook 7 days a week/24 hrs a day, no matter how much you want to.

Hugs, wish I was there to help. Can you float G in the lake to cool her off?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Goodness Kathy. YOU ARE NOT MEAN. Kids need to learn that sometimes they have to suck it up. You can't be short order cook 7 days a week/24 hrs a day, no matter how much you want to.

She was in the lake earlier a bunch. Then we came back from the boat ride and half an hour later she said, "I'm hot" and I felt her head and said, "You sure are!" She's since guzzled a bunch of water. But she just wants her head on my lap. It's a good thing I prepped dinner earlier when there was a lull. She doesn't even want a cool cloth on her head. The neighbor's kids had a 24-hour fever (no other symptoms) last week, so I'm wondering if it's the same thing.

My mother made a batch of currant jelly yesterday with palm sugar and no pectin so DS could have it. So I'm making this awesome ham sauce that my mother used to make. Currant jelly, dry mustard, and horseradish. Yummy. Okay, got to get her off me so I can go turn on the veggies. Maybe DD1 will take a turn with her.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:43 PM

If you're mean, Kathy, then I probably qualify for the title of Mommy Dearest.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Cool story, I'm not sure I'd heard it before. I think my DH would've been quite a bit freaked. Maybe not now, for a 3rd kid, but for the first? Oh yeah. I was thinking, beforehand, that most homebirthers don't freak at the idea of the midwife not making it in time, compared to the we're-so-lucky-nothing-went-wrong stories that get told in the press when mom doesn't get to the hospital in time. She sounds like a special midwife. Moving away from Austin was sad in part because I really liked my midwife, she was really helpful through my pregnancy with DS, and knowing that I'd never have another baby with her attending, even though I knew it was likely to be a long time anyway before we contemplated a #3, it was still sad.

CS, visiting with you and your daughter was one more little nudge toward wanting #3. I think the timeline is right, to myself that the whole timeline of our lives, and DH's job and our hoped-for move, fits in just wonderfully.

Quote:

I was going to say what chlobo said better.

The one good thing about a feverish kid who wants you to keep them warm (or at least not cool them off), at least around here it means it's going to be over and done with soon. Seems like a consistent pattern with DS, when he's feverish and wants to cuddle or wants to lie down with a blanket, he's going to burn through the fever in a fairly reasonable timeframe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post

Old 07-09-2010, 10:11 PM

So how do you tell a 7 year old that he cannot go to his best friend's birthday party on Sunday because the parents are mad at me that I tried to advise them that their son had an allergic reaction? (Well and they read my maybe not nice post on it on this board.)

Ugh.

Hey another relationship bites the dust in my life b/c of food allergies!

Although Kathy, the more I think about it, the more you are right... it was a toxic relationship for me.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
So how do you tell a 7 year old that he cannot go to his best friend's birthday party on Sunday because the parents are mad at me that I tried to advise them that their son had an allergic reaction? (Well and they read my maybe not nice post on it on this board.)

Ugh.

Although Kathy, the more I think about it, the more you are right... it was a toxic relationship for me.
I can't think of a single nice thing to say about that nor any good way to tell a child that which doesn't make one of you into the "bad guy". I'm sorry you're in that situation.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

CS, visiting with you and your daughter was one more little nudge toward wanting #3. I think the timeline is right, to myself that the whole timeline of our lives, and DH's job and our hoped-for move, fits in just wonderfully.

baby fever is going around....
Quote:

Ugh.

I feel tension from others or feel some of my "friends" have pulled back from our friendships because we live a healthy lifestyle. Not the same situation exactly but I can relate.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO I've been awaiting dear AF becuase of AF symptoms but no AF isn't coming I'm pregnant!!!! So much for charting to avoid. It's a little more difficult when your cycles are sporadic I guess. I'm a little unsure about my folate issues. I have to take methyl because I have a mutation but in my labs my folate and B12 where high.....think I should still continue B complex and folate???? I know some of you have read this already in the Yasko forum so sorry for the repetitiveness
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
It's not quite as hot here (yet) today, but almost as miserable. We, like many Seattle-ites, have no cooling system in our house, since we usually only get one or two of these days a year. We gotta do something though.... this is miserable. At the very least we're going to put some solar attic fans in and maybe a couple vents/fans on the sides of the attic to move the hot air out.
Yuck. And around here everyone has AC, not evaps.
Quote:

Hope G feels better soon! I don't think you're a mean mom. In the real world (AKA no allergies) folks eat what folks are given. And I try to do this too. Tomorrow is soon enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
baby fever is going around....

I feel tension from others or feel some of my "friends" have pulled back from our friendships because we live a healthy lifestyle. Not the same situation exactly but I can relate.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO I've been awaiting dear AF becuase of AF symptoms but no AF isn't coming I'm pregnant!!!! So much for charting to avoid. It's a little more difficult when your cycles are sporadic I guess. I'm a little unsure about my folate issues. I have to take methyl because I have a mutation but in my labs my folate and B12 where high.....think I should still continue B complex and folate???? I know some of you have read this already in the Yasko forum so sorry for the repetitiveness
Congrats!!! Do you know when you are "due"?

Yeah, it's a social pain to have allergies. We've got a family get together tomorrow and I asked SIL a week ago for an idea of what they'd be having so I'd know what to bring (usually, I try to bring something similar). She told me today. Sigh. Stroganoff. Anyone got a good recipe for that? I've not made it because most recipes called for cream of crap soups that I had long since left behind... And cake and icecream. So I'm baking in 100 + weather with no ac. Of course.

JaneS, that is a tough situation. Hopefully your DS will get through it alright.

typos likely

Old 07-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's a social pain to have allergies. We've got a family get together tomorrow and I asked SIL a week ago for an idea of what they'd be having so I'd know what to bring (usually, I try to bring something similar). She told me today. Sigh. Stroganoff. Anyone got a good recipe for that? I've not made it because most recipes called for cream of crap soups that I had long since left behind... And cake and icecream. So I'm baking in 100 + weather with no ac. Of course.
I have a stroganoff recipe on my blog. It suits our tastes. Kathy was supposed to try it but I haven't heard her critique yet. I think she's afraid to hurt my feelers.

congrats, mom61508!!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I'm hardly ever right. Was he invited before or after the incident? Because if it was after, then maybe they didn't see it as a big deal? I bite my tongue a lot. Our neighbor has a 2 month old. And they don't put her down because she screams, she's always (pick one) gassy, fussy, screaming, crying, etc. And mom has lots of allergies. And she said to me the first time, I know, it's something I'm eating. But she has absolutely no desire to do anything about it. And that's her decision, but it's hard for me to watch an uncomfortable child.

Congratulations mom61508!!

Quote:
Make a white sauce. The white sauce I made for the turkey pot pie last night was really good.

Quote:
I have a stroganoff recipe on my blog. It suits our tastes. Kathy was supposed to try it but I haven't heard her critique yet. I think she's afraid to hurt my feelers.
It's funny. I read that Dannic wanted beef stroganoff, and I thought, "that sounds so good... wasn't I going to try that?" And I never did! So that's why I didn't critique it. Sorry. So I have to make a batch of coconut milk yogurt so I can try it, because I think that would be really good in it.

Okay, so I put on sunscreen again (the Australian Gold that I got at the beginning of the summer) and the rash has spread further down my arm. So here's the timeline. Got the Australian Gold a couple weeks ago. I had been using Hawaiian Tropic. So yesterday I put the Hawaiian Tropic one on because I wanted 30 SPF, and felt burning on my face, so I washed it off my face. I had put it on my arms but I didn't wash it off my arms. Later when I was still in the sun, I put more of the Australian Gold on. Later in the afternoon/evening, I started getting the itchy/rashy arms. Took a shower this morning, so I washed everything off. Went out on the boat today, so used the Australian Gold again (arms and face, I never put it on my legs). Yesterday the rash was just on my upper arms. Now it's itching a lot and it's upper and lower arms. Nurse next door says it definitely looks like a contact rash not antibiotic allergy. So which sunscreen isn't safe? Oh and I looked at the Australian Gold label and one of the ingredients is "caramel", not caramel color. So I just emailed the company and asked about dairy derivation.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Yes, it probably would be really good with a yogourt to replace the sour cream.

ds2 has a fever. looks like it's his turn to be sick now. here's hoping everyone's well by the 18th when ds1's best friend is supposed to come for a week. haven't seen her since a week after ds3 was born (over a year ago) and before that was her dad's funeral, I think.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:33 AM

Congrats mom61508!

Jane, I don't have words of wisdom. That's just a tough situation and the other kid's parents are really not cool.

So, I think I really need to get us lower protein for DD. Headache today and a small nosebleed. Hard since we're away from home and it's harder to just add fat to things, but I think I need to cook something low protein up for lunch for us tomorrow, and basically do that for the remainder of our stay. I had been hoping it was a temporary blip earlier, a not-great confluence of events, but the recurrence today makes me think that what we're eating now is clearly not working.

I really need to read something straightforward on this and get a grip on it (the ammonia issue, in terms of genes). It's quiet tonight, everyone here has gone to bed, kids are asleep. Maybe it's a good time now.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:53 AM

Yay, more babies! Dannic and m2s, remind me when you're due? I'll have to get some pictures of ds uploaded to fb to add fuel to the baby lusting...

Tanya, want to start an ammonia thread and I'll summarize what I know? I seem to have all the ammonia genes. And low ammonia, woo hoo broken pancreas! Ooh, which reminds me, my pine nut oil came in today. C'mon pancreas, soak up that CCK and start working again!

Dd's sensory stuff seems to be short lived, but she's still not interested in food, is peeing in the bed, and is desperately needing me if she's not distracted. Ds too

User Tag List