Already August on the Allergy forum?! (chat thread) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
I have those. Maybe I should try them. I feel soooooooooo tired.

So Deb, if you are out there, chiro suspects low-level chronic viral infection is causing the adenoid thing. Is going to recommend an anti-viral at the next appointment. can you point me to a forum at Yasko to read up on?
First, oh man, sorry about your day. Detox makes DS completely unable to handle transitions, it truly sucks.

For Yasko and strep, do a search on strep, or the virus forum at the bottom.

One tidbit I picked up for you - chronic strep is more common in kids with the "hard" B12 mutations (you have like 4 of them, odds are good both your kids have at least 1).

Second (you can read some of this in the virus 101 sticky at the top of the virus forum on Yasko), strep needs to be activated before it can be shut down. And one response of the body to strep is to produce high dopamine. High dopamine = bigtime aggression in my son.

Second, antivirals generally don't work on strep - it goes into "quiet" dormant mode, and comes back once you stop the antiviral (if your chiro is meaning meds - most of them you can't take for very long because they're hard on the liver). Yasko uses a bunch of antiviral herbs that you can stay on for quite a while. However, your son may fight the strep off given some B12 support - the rest of him might not be as messed up as most ASD kids. So I'd give the B12 a chance first. He needs that in place before you do any antiviral work anyhow (at least that's what I'd want, or he won't handle any metals released from viral die off).

Have you tried xylitol nasal spray? That's one thing Yasko recommends for strep, to clear it out of the nasal passages.

ETA: iherb.com has a "free" section (things you can add to your order free of charge). They have Solgar folate available, 100 tablets, right now - great deal if you're ordering stuff anyhow!

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#122 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
First, oh man, sorry about your day. Detox makes DS completely unable to handle transitions, it truly sucks.

For Yasko and strep, do a search on strep, or the virus forum at the bottom.

One tidbit I picked up for you - chronic strep is more common in kids with the "hard" B12 mutations (you have like 4 of them, odds are good both your kids have at least 1).

Second (you can read some of this in the virus 101 sticky at the top of the virus forum on Yasko), strep needs to be activated before it can be shut down. And one response of the body to strep is to produce high dopamine. High dopamine = bigtime aggression in my son.

What does "activated" mean? Does this mean reproducing? How does one know? Is that when you have symptoms? He pretty much has nasal congestion all the time. He's not generally aggressive but has been more so lately. Even before the b12. Not sure what that means.

Second, antivirals generally don't work on strep - it goes into "quiet" dormant mode, and comes back once you stop the antiviral (if your chiro is meaning meds - most of them you can't take for very long because they're hard on the liver). Yasko uses a bunch of antiviral herbs that you can stay on for quite a while. However, your son may fight the strep off given some B12 support - the rest of him might not be as messed up as most ASD kids. So I'd give the B12 a chance first. He needs that in place before you do any antiviral work anyhow (at least that's what I'd want, or he won't handle any metals released from viral die off).

Have you tried xylitol nasal spray? That's one thing Yasko recommends for strep, to clear it out of the nasal passages.

ETA: iherb.com has a "free" section (things you can add to your order free of charge). They have Solgar folate available, 100 tablets, right now - great deal if you're ordering stuff anyhow!

I will check out the links. He said he is going to muscle test the antivirals. I don't think they are rx versions of antivirals. But I don't know. He was also going to recommend a Standard Process liver support so who knows. My thinking is that if the antiviral he wants to use won't work, he won't muscle test well for it.

I'm at the end of my first week of 1 drop b12. I've been giving him a little as well. I'll try to give more next week. The aggression thing is so weird b/c its so random. He'll be fine and then all of the sudden he'll be a maniac. Or he'll just al of the sudden start to overturn things or throw things around. Sometimes not even in an angry way.

BTW, could viruses take the form of rashes? DD is a rash a minute. Maybe she has some chronic thing going on.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#123 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Carren, does he react like that after adjustments? My DS is really calm at the beginning of his osteo appt and by the end he's practically jumping off the walls. And the doc says it's because he's getting everything going again (like his sluggish digestion). Could that be part of it? Or is he always like that?

For adrenals, I was on adrenal stuff for like 6 months and some other thing for another year (the thing that helped me sleep that I can't remember the name of now) and it did nothing for me. Should I try a different adrenal thing? The osteo said that you don't necessarily have to treat the adrenals if you're focusing on overall health...

Going to a family wedding tonight. I'm supposed to have safe food. We'll see. At least it's a chance to dress up and play grown up.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#124 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
Carren, does he react like that after adjustments? My DS is really calm at the beginning of his osteo appt and by the end he's practically jumping off the walls. And the doc says it's because he's getting everything going again (like his sluggish digestion). Could that be part of it? Or is he always like that?
Nope, not just on adjustment days. He likes to mix up his game. Keep me on my toes.

How was the wedding?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#125 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Nope, not just on adjustment days. He likes to mix up his game. Keep me on my toes.

How was the wedding?
Wedding is tonight.
Do you give him Mg?

I know 2 nights don't make a trend... but 2 nights on cell salts and DD2 is sleeping really well (she slept until almost 9am this morning). And every pee I've done since I started has been excellent. Little things make me happy! I'm wondering if I can stop taking the anti-inflammatories if the cell salts are working somehow on my nerves...

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#126 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM

Just stopping by to say hello.

Kathy- that is really exciting about the cell salts!!! They are one of the few things we've tried that I really could see results with.

Carren- hope today is a better day.

DD finally pooped the other day, and then yesterday she just wanted to eat all.day.long. And I weighed her (before the giant poop) and she's losing weight again.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#127 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Sigh. Really? Just last night I was thinking hey, nothing's breaking, this is good.

This morning? Antivir is back. Happened as soon as I clicked away from CNN's site, back to a window I already had open. On DH's computer now as I run malwarebyte on mine. At least I know that F8 at startup is the thing to be able to choose to start in safe mode with networking (not sure I need the networking this time, but it worked last time, so keep it simple).
#128 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
DD finally pooped the other day, and then yesterday she just wanted to eat all.day.long. And I weighed her (before the giant poop) and she's losing weight again.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#129 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 02:16 PM

And.... I forgot I was going to ask you guys for food suggestions. And to whine that I'm craving cheese for the first time in 2+ years. I think I'm going to buy some chreese at the co-op today and make a baked potato or something. mmmmmmmmm (Sucks, because I'm having WAY more aversions than cravings this pregnancy, and of course everything I'm craving is off limits.)

So- I'm pretty sure that quinoa is giving DD some mild symptoms. Nothing major, but I'd rather get off it at least for a while to see if stuff gets better. Problem is, I can't think of anything else to make for breakfast. Right now, we have quinoa flakes for breakfast, (lamb) burger and zucchini for lunch, (lamb) steak and broccoli (or lamb/cabbage/greens stirfry) for dinner. I tried switching things up yesterday and skipping quinoa for breakfast, but she was asking for food about every 20 minutes and I just didn't have anything else to feed her... so ended up making her some quinoa in the afternoon to hold her over until dinner. (I don't know if the constant hunger yesterday was because she finally pooped or because she didn't have that high calorie/carb breakfast, or both.)

So what would you make for breakfast? If I get rid of quinoa, we have NO grains. We already eat meat 2 meals a day and honestly, we just can't afford to add it for a 3rd. We can't do potatoes or sweet potatoes, and those are the next things I think of for good carb sources. I can't just give her a breakfast of veggies, because she will be hungry again in an hour. blah.

#130 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I will check out the links. He said he is going to muscle test the antivirals. I don't think they are rx versions of antivirals. But I don't know. He was also going to recommend a Standard Process liver support so who knows. My thinking is that if the antiviral he wants to use won't work, he won't muscle test well for it.

I'm at the end of my first week of 1 drop b12. I've been giving him a little as well. I'll try to give more next week. The aggression thing is so weird b/c its so random. He'll be fine and then all of the sudden he'll be a maniac. Or he'll just al of the sudden start to overturn things or throw things around. Sometimes not even in an angry way.

BTW, could viruses take the form of rashes? DD is a rash a minute. Maybe she has some chronic thing going on.
Sounds like a great idea to muscle test antivirals with the chiro. You might consider testing some of the ones on Yasko's strep protocol list.

Totally random aggression is almost guaranteed to be either dopamine or serotonin cycling. A very common issue when you're getting methylation moving. DS still has his moments, although the swings aren't as crazy now. Our TV is behind plexigass because he would run over and randomly start whacking on it. This is my child who was very even tempered and mellow.

And yes, rashes can definitely be chronic virus (again, strep would be a suspect - and if they both have it, a suspect for you as well).

ETA: Sorry, missed the question on what does "activated" mean. It means trying to reproduce, yes - often, what that gets you is the behavioral type reactions you're seeing. Does your son get any methyl donors? Our bodies shut off viral DNA by methylating it - so you might trying giving him some methyl B12 and see if that helps any.

Quote:
So- I'm pretty sure that quinoa is giving DD some mild symptoms. Nothing major, but I'd rather get off it at least for a while to see if stuff gets better. Problem is, I can't think of anything else to make for breakfast. Right now, we have quinoa flakes for breakfast, (lamb) burger and zucchini for lunch, (lamb) steak and broccoli (or lamb/cabbage/greens stirfry) for dinner. I tried switching things up yesterday and skipping quinoa for breakfast, but she was asking for food about every 20 minutes and I just didn't have anything else to feed her... so ended up making her some quinoa in the afternoon to hold her over until dinner. (I don't know if the constant hunger yesterday was because she finally pooped or because she didn't have that high calorie/carb breakfast, or both.)

So what would you make for breakfast? If I get rid of quinoa, we have NO grains. We already eat meat 2 meals a day and honestly, we just can't afford to add it for a 3rd. We can't do potatoes or sweet potatoes, and those are the next things I think of for good carb sources. I can't just give her a breakfast of veggies, because she will be hungry again in an hour. blah.
Is this something you can ask the NAET practitioner to help you with? Maybe she can suggest a grain that comes first in the "order", do some treating, and you could try that?

#131 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Is this something you can ask the NAET practitioner to help you with? Maybe she can suggest a grain that comes first in the "order", do some treating, and you could try that?
They do a "grain mix" as part of the initial 15 (or whatever) treatments, but I think we have about 10 treatments to do before that (they have to be done in a specific order.) And then after the initial 15, then they start treating individual foods.

#132 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
And.... I forgot I was going to ask you guys for food suggestions. And to whine that I'm craving cheese for the first time in 2+ years. I think I'm going to buy some chreese at the co-op today and make a baked potato or something. mmmmmmmmm (Sucks, because I'm having WAY more aversions than cravings this pregnancy, and of course everything I'm craving is off limits.)

I always have aversions more than cravings. It makes life interesting, esp in a cook from scratch, allergies angle.

Millet? Amaranth? We like both for breakfast.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#133 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Nope, no grains.

And yeah- it does make it interesting when I'm cooking food from scratch for DD. blech. All I wanted the other day (partly for convenience, partly for it being an old comfort food) was a vat of Kraft mac-n-cheese with hotdogs in it.

#134 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
fwiw, cheese cravings for me tended to be me not getting enough fat/calories. Then they'd hit, HARD. Never really missed it that much before being pg.

Another starch... tapioca? carrots? taro? arrowroot? Maybe fat somehow instead? Bone marrow?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#135 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
fwiw, cheese cravings for me tended to be me not getting enough fat/calories. Then they'd hit, HARD. Never really missed it that much before being pg.

Another starch... tapioca? carrots? taro? arrowroot? Maybe fat somehow instead? Bone marrow?

We don't need her puking next!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#136 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 PM

Seriously!

I just sent DP out for some chreese, but the co-op didn't have any... so he got me Daiya cheddar instead (not realizing it had coconut in it.... I'm eating it anyway. ) This stuff is crazy! And a decent substitute.

#137 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Nope, no grains.

And yeah- it does make it interesting when I'm cooking food from scratch for DD. blech. All I wanted the other day (partly for convenience, partly for it being an old comfort food) was a vat of Kraft mac-n-cheese with hotdogs in it.
I'm sure you know, but amaranth and certain others (teff, ect) aren't grains, but if she can't do those either, darn...can she do other seeds?

Glad you got your cheesy fix. I had a monterey jack cream cheese baked dip at a bridal shower today....I am naughty.

It is hot. My muscle hurts because I had to get up into a car and I drove myself. Ouch. I am 37 weeks today and all I get are the "you look like you're going to pop" comments. THX. I haven't been out of my house in 8 days and this is the type of conversation I get?

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#138 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 PM

CS,
you probably have tried it but buckwheat is a seed? DS did better on tapioca rather than arrowroot at first.
#139 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 11:01 PM

Speaking of strep, I've always meant to research PANDAS
http://www.enzymestory.com/PANDAS.html
#140 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post
Very interesting... DS is a southpaw and a clear right brain dominent personality, he's all about spatial relationships, math and logic. It's also correlated with immune system issues. He also has always switched back and forth for a number of things like playing sports. I wish I had more time to read about this b/c it's fascinating.

Quote:
How weird is that? A thin white line on my belly. And one minute later, it's a wide white line. I'm still in denial. I don't have adrenal issues (and yes, I'm a salt fiend too).
Oy, one minute? The salt issue is aldosterone, not cortisol, I think the white line tests for cortisol. But of course you can be deficient in both too. Aldosterone regulates sodium and water balance in the body and spares potassium. The at home test is the flashlight test I posted last month, if your pupils contract in and out. I failed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
I've heard that too, but I supped adrenal glandulars during my last preg and dd is so not adrenal fatigue-ish. I didn't sup with dd1, tho and she is. I am supping with this one, and I'm assuming the same results as with dd 2. At least IME, the key seemed to be the supps! (And last time, I was NOT avoiding my intolerances AND had major stress)
I hope so too! Yes the glandulars seem to be key in helping one heal... I;ve also been reading about liquid extracts which I've never seen. Wilson's book mentions them that you take 2-3x per week. Otherwise he recs glandulars, 6-12 total I think divided into 3x per day. They do contain small amounts of cortisol if they have the adrenal cortex added so are a natural choice instead of hydrocortisone.

Oh Chlobo,
You asked what are respiratory and sleeping issues? I imagine what we face everyday on this forum.... for us it's the congestion, adenoids, and recurrant croup that probably qualifies. I imagine asthma/allergies would apply as well. DS's sleep is excellent now however, thank goodness, but it was a complete nightmare for the first 3 years of his life.

I just read that any disease/disorder that is commonly prescribed a steriod to deal with can be the result of poor adrenal function not having enough cortisol in the body to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
minutes later the scratch on my belly is still white. . . need to keep up my adrenal supps. Yes, I felt like crud the first trimester and have been feeling pretty good since. poor baby.

I've only been reading recently and should have spoke up about a few things. Hugs to both Jane and Kathy. I wish I could give more wisdom though.

I'm going away for two weeks starting Monday. I had lots of concerns because I would be with inlaws for that time and I get really emotionally caught up in their own health and parenting choices. Beech FEs are really helping me. It just doesn't seem to matter as much right now. Such freedom.
Thank you my dear. And good luck to you too. What are "Beech FE's"?
#141 of 687 Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Crap I just bought a ton of avocados and forgot the "sparing potassium" aldosterone deal.
#142 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 12:28 AM

come help this pg mama, I'm tired and petered out...
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1251139
#143 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 01:11 AM

Jane- FEs are flower essences. Beech is one... uh, flavor? (That's all my tired brain could come up with to finish that sentence. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
I'm sure you know, but amaranth and certain others (teff, ect) aren't grains, but if she can't do those either, darn...can she do other seeds?

Glad you got your cheesy fix. I had a monterey jack cream cheese baked dip at a bridal shower today....I am naughty.

It is hot. My muscle hurts because I had to get up into a car and I drove myself. Ouch. I am 37 weeks today and all I get are the "you look like you're going to pop" comments. THX. I haven't been out of my house in 8 days and this is the type of conversation I get?
Ouch- that muscle is still hurting? Hope it eases up soon. And sorry for the crappy conversation.

Nope, we can't do any seeds either. We've tried all the grains and seeds and failed every one of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
CS,
you probably have tried it but buckwheat is a seed? DS did better on tapioca rather than arrowroot at first.
Yep- buckwheat used to be THE only "grain" that she would tolerate. We ate it every day for a year and a half, then she suddenly started reacting to it. Tested it on her next SPT, and it was positive- IgE.

#144 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea to muscle test antivirals with the chiro. You might consider testing some of the ones on Yasko's strep protocol list.

Totally random aggression is almost guaranteed to be either dopamine or serotonin cycling. A very common issue when you're getting methylation moving. DS still has his moments, although the swings aren't as crazy now. Our TV is behind plexigass because he would run over and randomly start whacking on it. This is my child who was very even tempered and mellow.

And yes, rashes can definitely be chronic virus (again, strep would be a suspect - and if they both have it, a suspect for you as well).

ETA: Sorry, missed the question on what does "activated" mean. It means trying to reproduce, yes - often, what that gets you is the behavioral type reactions you're seeing. Does your son get any methyl donors? Our bodies shut off viral DNA by methylating it - so you might trying giving him some methyl B12 and see if that helps any.

Doing the hydroy B12 at the moment. Haven't phased in the methyl. But I guess I could give him some anyhow.
This stuff gets confusing way too fast.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#145 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Oh Chlobo,
You asked what are respiratory and sleeping issues? I imagine what we face everyday on this forum.... for us it's the congestion, adenoids, and recurrant croup that probably qualifies. I imagine asthma/allergies would apply as well. DS's sleep is excellent now however, thank goodness, but it was a complete nightmare for the first 3 years of his life.

I just read that any disease/disorder that is commonly prescribed a steriod to deal with can be the result of poor adrenal function not having enough cortisol in the body to begin with.
So have you found a doctor to test your sons adrenals? Or are you just supplementing. Adam has respiratory issues & his sleep has been a nightmare the first 3 years. I'm wondering if I depleted him. How do I rectify?

Where do you get your camu?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#146 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Oy, one minute? The salt issue is aldosterone, not cortisol, I think the white line tests for cortisol. But of course you can be deficient in both too. Aldosterone regulates sodium and water balance in the body and spares potassium. The at home test is the flashlight test I posted last month, if your pupils contract in and out. I failed that one.
Everything I've read said lots of salt for adrenals. What is aldosterone? I've never even heard of that... Since starting the cell salts, I've been drinking a lot more water too (does that normally happen)? So not sure if that's a good thing or the bad thing. I can't do the flashlight one myself can I? Do we even have one that DD2 hasn't taken apart down to the wires? Can you tell me the test again?

Quote:
Crap I just bought a ton of avocados and forgot the "sparing potassium" aldosterone deal.
What does that mean? I love avocados.... I could eat them every day.

I wanted a casserole this morning like I've seen at potlucks and it has the frozen or dehydrated home fries in it. I have the dehydrated ones and it called for mayo (which I made a batch of), bacon, onion, and Velveeta, which of course I couldn't use. So I used some of the bacon grease and some sorghum/sweet potato starch and made a white sauce/gravy type thing with rice milk, and added that. I apparently brought all my nutritional yeast to the lake, so I didn't have any of that to make it taste cheesy. Oh well. It's in the oven now and smells really good. Who knows what it will taste like though. We came home for one night and there's not much food here (for the wedding - no safe appetizers though they smelled really good, but my main meal was safe so I was happy). Back to the lake this afternoon.

#147 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Was going to say something but realized halfway through that I don't remember as much as I thought I knew.

#148 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
This stuff gets confusing way too fast.
Tell me about it!!! My son is currently waking up in the middle of the night again. I wrote down possible reasons, based on things I know trigger that for him, or supps that are suspect. I have 12 candidate reasons. Sigh.

#149 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Jane- FEs are flower essences. Beech is one... uh, flavor? (That's all my tired brain could come up with to finish that sentence. )

Nope, we can't do any seeds either. We've tried all the grains and seeds and failed every one of them...

Yep- buckwheat used to be THE only "grain" that she would tolerate. We ate it every day for a year and a half, then she suddenly started reacting to it. Tested it on her next SPT, and it was positive- IgE.
I'm sorry, I remember your grain/seed nightmare now. Oh CS, this has been soooooo hard for you guys!!

Um... I knew that about "FE's" but forgot I knew it.

We've all been rather spacey this summer, no?

Quote:
So have you found a doctor to test your sons adrenals? Or are you just supplementing. Adam has respiratory issues & his sleep has been a nightmare the first 3 years. I'm wondering if I depleted him. How do I rectify?

Where do you get your camu?
We are going back to Lacava for thyroid so will definitely add in adrenal discussion. I'm considering the glandulars right now after talking with the RD. I'm just in infancy of adrenal research, so I need some time to get comfortable with it all, you know me. Might just start slow with Dr. Ron's Organ Delight.

I'm just using some camu I got from Whole Foods right now. Did I ever get back to you on the acerola? We should plan a trip to the Ecotarium or Tower Hill or something with the kids?

Quote:
Everything I've read said lots of salt for adrenals. What is aldosterone? I've never even heard of that... Since starting the cell salts, I've been drinking a lot more water too (does that normally happen)? So not sure if that's a good thing or the bad thing. I can't do the flashlight one myself can I? Do we even have one that DD2 hasn't taken apart down to the wires? Can you tell me the test again?

What does that mean? I love avocados.... I could eat them every day.

See this info on aldosterone and link to flashlight test you can do, it's easy:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/aldosterone/

Low aldosterone results in an abundance of potassium in the body and low sodium... aldosterone is the adrenal hormone which regulates sodium and water balance in the body. So that is why salt supplementing helps to correct this.

Often low aldosterone people feel worse when they eat high potassium foods, I failed the flashlight test so I'm low.

Eighteen Overlooked Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Back pain
http://www.naturalnews.com/024985_co...l_fatigue.html
#150 of 687 Old 08-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Tell me about it!!! My son is currently waking up in the middle of the night again. I wrote down possible reasons, based on things I know trigger that for him, or supps that are suspect. I have 12 candidate reasons. Sigh.
My lists for the kids are often similar, so many choices, and some of them are harder to deal with than others. At the moment, I'm just trying to get past the worst of the hot/humid summer and see if DD's stomach aches permanently subside--been seeing improving trends, but still not zero consistently.

Obviously, I delayed the drive to El Paso, I'll leave tomorrow. I felt like yuck yesterday, not entirely sure why. But I've got laundry going, kitchen is clean enough that I could cook soon (don't need to cook much, just one day's worth of food), and then get to bed at a reasonable time tonight.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page