Food allergic babe not gaining. HELP! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to try to make a long story short.

DD is 8 months old and weighs somewhere in the ballpark of 14-14.5lbs. At 4 months she was 14lbs 1oz. Yes, no weight gain in four months.

We've had a rough road with food intolerances which I've got pretty much figured out thanks to a panel on myself plus muscle testing on both of us ... and a lot of trial and error. I'm dairy, soy, gluten, fish, shellfish, treenut, peanut, rice, cantaloupe, potato, tomato, pepper, watermelon, banana, raisin, and corn free.

But my baby still isn't gaining weight. She started solids a few weeks ago and mainly eats avocado, sweet potato, and apple. I'm at a loss of where to go next with that (she's done well so far!).

She also had a posterior tongue tie that wasn't diagnosed until she was 7 months and was just clipped three weeks ago. Her dry skin and eczema have gotten much better since then but I'm still concerned about her weight.

My supply tanked from the tongue tie issue and even with domperidone, crazy pumping schedules (with a Symphony) I can't keep it up. I'm exhausted and I'm being threatened. Yes, I'm looking for a new doctor, but it doesn't erase the fear instilled in me that I'm starving my child.

They're throwing these formulas at me and threatening (empty, but still threatening) and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm exahusted.

Do I supplement? My daughter does NOT tolerate corn and soy equates to hives and a variety of eczema patches, green stools, and SCREAMING. I will not let soy get within 10 feet of my child much less her digestive system.

Where do I go from here? Suggestions?

BFARing mama to Haley (3/07) and Abigail (11/10/09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page