Sassy September Chat Thread - Page 26 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#751 of 755 Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamafish, quick question for you: on your amazon save and ship, does it allow you to change the autoship? So say one month it ships paper towels, and I decide I need baking powder instead, can I just switch them out, or am I locked in on paper towels? Does that make sense? Thanks!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#752 of 755 Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
Mamafish, quick question for you: on your amazon save and ship, does it allow you to change the autoship? So say one month it ships paper towels, and I decide I need baking powder instead, can I just switch them out, or am I locked in on paper towels? Does that make sense? Thanks!
Do you mean subscribe and save? We use Amazon for everything - and we use subscribe and save a lot. You can go in right after you order and cancel or change a shipment. You aren't locked in until it ships. Maybe we aren't supposed to do this, but we will will sign up for subscribe and save just to get the discount, then we just have to remember to go back and cancel before the next one ships.
#753 of 755 Old 10-02-2010, 12:43 PM

It's October! Let me open another window to get the URL for the new thread... (be sure to move your questions over so they don't get missed....)

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1267511
#754 of 755 Old 10-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
So, Jane, was it you who was saying the other day that you found mag chloride flakes in a bath to be the most effective way to get mag in?
Definitely. I like the gel and the oil but the flakes have been the easiest to use to get the most in at a time. I fail miserably at oral mag. dosing. I can never get enough b/c my bowels protest. I can't even take 500 mg. divided throughout day of even the most reportedly well absorbed kinds like mag. citrate, mag. glycinate, etc. I have a mag. chloride liquid taken orally from Nutricology that is absorbed well but I still can't take a lot. With baths I really feel it and no digestive issues whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
Jane, you mean Ketosis? I am certain that is happening in me since October. I am burning fat.
Not exactly, I was under the impression that if a healthy body needs glucose it can not only go to the liver stores easily but also convert from fat/protein in the diet ... but not with a stressed liver mechanism and not in a body used to getting all glucose from carbs. I apologize, I usually don't make such imprecise references like this!
Quote:
Mag is a possibility. I've never ruled out the possibility of a mag deficiency. But i have also never felt any different when supplementing with it. But I have plenty of it in the cabinet if I want to experiment (DH sleeps better when he takes it).
Oral mag. does very little for me.

Quote:
You also mentioned vitamin C. I am wary of taking it because I hit bowel tolerance REALLY fast. Like if I take one gram in the morning and another in the evening, it is going to hit me hard.

I don't know if that is a sign of something else, or if it just means I have enough. The need for higher doses is based on having toxins that you want it to bind to, right? So maybe I am just low in toxins? Maybe I have enough C in my diet to handle the load of toxins already?
me too, I think this is not those issues at all but the fact that the gut cannot take it up due to damage maybe?

I use whole food C from acerola, amla or camu. Much more effective than chemical form like ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate for me and no digestive issues. Clearly I needed it b/c my hay fever and dust allergies return if I don't take it. And it's better than chemical C for keeping them both away too.

Quote:
So I completely get the reasoning behind why eating a high protein diet works for keeping blood sugar level. But what I don't get is why i suddenly stopped properly controlling the release of insulin. Why do I not release the right amount?

Now you are saying it could be because when my body releases the smaller amount, the job may not be getting done (getting glucose into the cells) and so it releases more to try to make that work? In that case I should expect that my blood glucose level is high immediately after eating, and then when my body is done sending out insulin my blood glucose level is normal, but my inside-the-cell glucose level is low. And that would explain why I would still feel hungry and light-headed etc as if I didn't eat at all?
Yes I think so to the last part of it.

Why do you not release the right amount? One theory is that IR is the inevitable result of a high carb diet. Another is that declining nutrients like mag. cause or influence this in part. And still another is that there could be adrenal and thyroid issues at play. Or that all of the above effect each other, that is probably the most likely scenario imo.
#755 of 755 Old 10-02-2010, 01:47 PM

ugh
city day

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page