Are casabi crackers sesame free? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there. My intolerant to everything kid is starting preschool. The school is really responsive to our needs and we're able to pack our own snack with no problem however they have lots of allergies and intolerances and they are struggling to find a gluten free, sesame free cracker.

We eat Casabi crackers all the time and I'm wondering if anyone has contacted the company to see if they're sesame free. If so, we're good to go. I certainly don't want to inadvertently bring sesame into the classroom and potentially cause a reaction in the child who has a severe allergy to sesame and we still would like to provide a snack as close to what the other children are eating (crackers and fruit.)
#2 of 5 Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Jes's Beth's wife here...just to add that we also need it to be rice free, as dd is not able to eat rice. She can have corn, however.
#3 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM

The crackers are free from the top 10 most common allergents.

Wheat,gluten,seeds,eggs,soy,dairy,nuts,treenuts,sulphites & fish.

Thet are also great for low soduim diets as well as pku diets.

#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 AM

You can try casabi organics crackers

#5 of 5 Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 PM

I was told there is no commercial cracker (let alone gluten free) that is sesame contaminant free. And...the above lists seeds! With no reference...call the company and ask if it is produced on equipment that produces sesame. I think, reading what I found on it, it might actually be safe. But sesame is a life threatening allergy so I'd want to make sure.

We make my son's gluten free (and sesame safe) crackers. Crackers are really easy to make. That might be a possibility until you verify. I think, though, you may have found a safe cracker. My son is cinnamon allergic too so probably no go for us but I'm impressed you found something and I may use it for my other son (who has no allergies but avoids his brother's anaphylactic ones of course in the house).

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page